[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gf help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1452238515891.jpg (22KB, 449x799px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452238515891.jpg
22KB, 449x799px
I honestly am not as attracted to my girlfriend anymore and she needs to lose weight. How do I put this across to her without sounding like a huge asshole?
>>
Tell her it's unhealthy to be overweight, and she should watch her diet. It's as simple as that. Put emphasis that it's a matter of health.

Getting fat shows you have very low self control and don't care about your body.
>>
>>16853709
tell her she should come workout with you, if you don't workout good luck telling her that she should

pro tip: even asking her to go to the gym with you is likely to start and argument, you're probably not going to change her, I would dump her and begin searching
>>
>>16853715 is probably correct. This is coming from a chunky lady. And I DO go to the gym and know it needs to come off.

The best tactic is to take the subject like you'd like to tackle it *together*. Make it a couples activity. If that doesn't work and she gets upset, her self-esteem is already too low for you to ever fix it.
>>
>>16853715
i'm gunna add to my post, if you do workout, wait for her to mention the gym in anyway, like if you get home from working out one night and she asks how it was tell her it was boring, and would be more fun with company
>>
>>16853731
>>16853720
>>16853715
We're in different countries right now. But I do tell her. I'm a competitive martial artist so I work out a lot yeah. I've like sorted out a little bodyweight routine for her to do, but unless I pester her she doesn't do it. And I tried getting her to do some cardio (500m running, two ways) and she just flat out doesn't do it which honestly annoys me, probably more than it should. She's told me she wants to lose weight, but it just seems like she has a goal she wants to get to but flat out doesn't want to work towards it, which is something I don't like in people I'm general, not just her.
>>
Why not just sound like an asshole there isn't any way to sugar coat it without the message losing its impact.
>>
>>16853752
>different countries
>body you don't like
>personality traits you don't like

time to move on man
>>
>>16853761
You’re an idiot. I hope you find someone whose personality you have zero problems with
>>
>>16853709
Don't give her an ultimatum, and don't make her goals for her. Treat it positively (tell her you're proud of her when she goes to the gym) but if she doesn't, don't make it a thing. If her weight makes you upset enough that you want to break it off, do that instead of making it a problem in your relationship by pestering her. All that will do is make her feel bad about herself while not actually motivating her to work out.

She needs to decide to start losing the weight herself, and no one can make her do it. Telling her she needs to lose the weight by the time one of you moves, for example, is problematic and she won't stick to it because it isn't her own goal.
>>
cook low fat food for her. bean and green pea chili with whole wheat bread is my staple.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.