[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to get fired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: a total fuckin' loser.jpg (114KB, 449x721px) Image search: [Google]
a total fuckin' loser.jpg
114KB, 449x721px
>get hired by a biotech company about two weeks ago
>go into training
>trainer does weekly reviews
>literally come in an hour early every day for the last two weeks to get better with lab skills
>got told today that if I don't shape up next week that I'm going to be let go

I honestly don't even know what the fuck to do. I mean, of course I make a mistake here and there because I'm in training, but when I do the trainer then hovers over me for the remainder of the project and then some how expects me to work even faster with her breathing down my neck.

On top of that she expects me to move as fast as the other person she's training dispite the fact that I'm more from a computational bio / entomology background and my co-worker is from a genetics background.

I don't know should I just walk in on Monday and tell them I quit? I don't want to get fired but giving up seems just as bad.
>>
File: catherine the great (1762).jpg (52KB, 469x590px) Image search: [Google]
catherine the great (1762).jpg
52KB, 469x590px
>he fell for the STEM meme
>>
>>16852850

Keep working hard. Don't let them get to you. Quitting will look worse than staying the course - you can always try at another company. Also, you won't get better if you stop now.
>>
File: 1 steve.jpg (51KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
1 steve.jpg
51KB, 640x603px
STOP MAKING MISTAKES.

Either you get it or you don't. If you don't, you shouldn't be there. Your boss will determine that, I suppose. Between now and then, get better at your job if you want to keep it. You have 16 hours a day to improve.
>>
File: 1452401622730.jpg (33KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
1452401622730.jpg
33KB, 400x347px
>>16852876
Doesn't it look shitty that I couldn't complete the training period? What am I supposed to say? That the company and I didn't share the same the values or something of that nature?

>>16852883
If only it were that easy. I mean the work isn't that hard but she keep bringing in new shit everyday and then expects me to preform it correctly the first time. Like for example she mentioned that there's a certain way to process a certain type of DNA but then conveniently forgot to mention about the other part of the chart. Then when I went to do it today she starts complaining that didn't she show this to me the other day. I told her no but that only made it worse.
>>
I'd just stomach as much as you can. Experience is experience, even if it comes from someone with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>16852910
>not being able to instantly understand everything that's only partially explained to you
I hear starbucks is hiring
>>
Shes a bad teacher

Unless you are really, really retarded. It's more her fault than yours.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.