[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: w2ZlpSd6.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
w2ZlpSd6.png
7KB, 400x400px
I have a Social Anxiety and think down on myself (I don't think girls like me even though girls friend have told me their friends like me) would tinder be a good decision for me?
>>
If you're a guy, unless you're ripped or know how to take a decent photo, be sure to smile (properly, no fake smiles).

I actually tested this, 1 week with smiling and one week just straight faced, got tons of likes smiling and very few straight faced
>>
>>16824590
How do you smile properly
>>
I think Tinder works better for people with more social skills. I would suggest Okcupid since you find out more about the person and conversation is a bit easier.
>>
>>16824581

Tinder won't fix your social anxiety.
>>
>>16824590
Watch something that makes you smile naturally and either hold it (can come out weird) or try to mimic your natural smile and practice
>>
(this is the poster) I have social skills but all the anxiety is that I always think people are looking at me and talking about me
>>
>>16824610
I find this to be not true lmao
I hated okcupid, felt like I didnt even have a chance
>>
File: carnegie.jpg (74KB, 395x599px) Image search: [Google]
carnegie.jpg
74KB, 395x599px
<- Read
>>
File: 1415927756999.jpg (317KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1415927756999.jpg
317KB, 1440x900px
>>16824581
Tinder will be an excellent place to build your social skills I think though. My advice:

Start conversations with every match (I hope you're swiping right on all of them) with some topic, it doesn't matter what it is, but maybe something relate to their profile. A silly joke to start with is fine.

Also: Talk to ugly/fat girls. Yes, you may not be really attracted to her, but having a fun conversation with them, will build A LOT of momentum to talk to chicks you're mildly interested in. Also, you'll probably get desperate/lonely and maybe fuck one of the ugly chicks anyways. It happens.
>>
>>16824710
If you want to be a sociopath, sure. His stuff works but I think people get in the habit of using other people like toilet paper, once they get his ideas in their head.
>>
>>16825139
Not OP, but does his stuff really work that well? and are there other books from him that can help turn somebody like me who doesn't know the first thing about being social into a happy normal person?
>>
>>16825162
It's essentially a social self-help book that is extremely successful and used by many successful businessmen and celebrities for decades.

However, jumping into it at this stage is only really useful if you want to conduct business right now. If you read it at this stage, you'll probably turn into a fedora wearing Men's Rights Activist or Men Go Their Own Way autist. It's empowering to read, which is why many people love it, but at this point you really haven't learned to enjoy people's company and learned to show your appreciation towards others in a loving way. I know that sounds dumb, but it's important so that you don't become a complete dick.

My advice is stick to Tindering and conversating with every girl you can talk to. If you learn to appreciate them by enjoying their company and having fun, that'll take you a lot further. By this I mean talking to ugly/fat girls and maybe going on lunch dates with them. There's probably going to be that one landwhale who's into call of duty or whatever pleb game, and you'll actually be able to conversate with her, I'd suggest that first imo.

Last bit: talk to cashiers and labor workers and genuinely ask how their day is going. It makes their day 10 times better because they've been seen and paid attention to and it will make you feel really good inside.
>>
What do I say to people if I match on tinder? How do I start the conversation?
>>
>>16824590

My natural smile is gummy and hideous because of overbite

I've instead had to master smiling by doing it in the mirror every day. It still doesn't look natural but its close enough that I've been told its cute
>>
How do I talk to all these delicious asians who leave their profile blank?

Red flags?
>partying, travel
>tattoos, piercings
>height mentioned anywhere
>>
Should I be putting something in my bio? I leave it blank. What kind of things should I put?
>>
>>16826298
I don't know where you live but those are either bots or prostitutes haha. Message them and you'll immediately find out.
>>
>>16826292
easy way is to start with something relating to what they have in their bio or pictures
>>
>>16826292
It. Doesn't. Fucking. Matter.

Say whatever, she's honestly just happy you took the time to start talking to her. It's like madlibs, just think of random to put together and hopefully it's funny.
>>
>>16826323
>Say whatever, she's honestly just happy you took the time to start talking to her.

You and the 300 other guys she got messages from that week, sure.

Anyways, I tried online dating for a year. OKC and Tinder. I left them both for good feeling really bitter and jaded. The whole experience was very demoralizing. A 10/10 model looking person with no profile info whatsoever will receive exponentially more responses/initial messages than any average looking or ugly person. Why? Because these sites are about looks and nothing else. OKC actually took away profile images for a day and everyone talked to each other more. Once they put them back on, it went back to being so painfully shallow.

Dating sounds like a good idea when you have problems socializing, but I'd suggest improving that and meeting people IRL over the internet. I've been away from that shit for 2 months and already I feel better enough about myself, because I'm not all down on myself for not looking good enough for some shallow Tinder whore.
>>
>>16826349
Why are you so concerned about how you look Anon? One thing most guys don't get is that looks honestly don't matter as much to women as they do to us. We're very visual creatures, so that's hard for us to understand. Research shows that women judge you more on your height than any other part of our appearance (sorry manlets) however most guys get over that and understand that's just who they are.

Honestly if you're judging yourself so harshly based on how well you do with random women you message on the internet, then maybe it's better you're getting some fresh air.
>>
>>16826574
Lol women on dating sites want guys who are y'all and white. This is what they go for. Look it up online and see for yourself.

I am a short brown manlet and that's not what is considered attractive at first glance. So I do better in person when people get to know me.
>>
The thing is with tinder is that women typically will almost always match with whoever they swipe right unless they're REALLY ugly or fat.

Women get a wide pick, so saying something interesting is really important.
>>
Don't use dating apps or sites if you aren't white unless you live in an area where you get a good mix of ethnicities. That's just a ground rule.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.