[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have any experience dating anyone from a higher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: kearnu_reeves.png (417KB, 314x573px) Image search: [Google]
kearnu_reeves.png
417KB, 314x573px
Does anyone here have any experience dating anyone from a higher social class?

I'm extremely attracted to a girl who is presumably from a wealthy family and attended first a fee-paying school and then a top college. I was born into a middle class family but was then raised by a single mom after a divorce and attended a shit-tier highschool.

I feel so stupid and pathetic whenever she's near and I think of approaching her. On Friday we passed each other and smiled big goofy smiles as if we'd shared a joke but since then I've just convinced myself she was being polite or something.

I just think if ever she and I decide to marry and have kids, I won't be able to afford the type of schooling and childhood she experienced. Also I'd have to meet her friends and so on and I don't know if that would work out considering I don't know anybody from that kind of social circle or have any experience of the type of things they reference.

Any advice?
>>
>>16807024

make your life goal to reach her potential

a lowly dishwasher can become a CEO. it's still true. probably more than ever so nowadays than before.
>>
If you're this insecure about it, don't do it. It's not even fair to her. If you can't see her as an equal and just treat her like a normal person, it's going to be miserable for both of you.
>>
It won't turn put well. Her family won't accept you. Even if she likes you and goes against her family's wishes, she will get bored or grow to resent you once the novelty has worn off and she realizes she actually enjoyed living a privileged life.
>>
File: vengaboys-4f881a1328dcc[1].png (62KB, 400x155px) Image search: [Google]
vengaboys-4f881a1328dcc[1].png
62KB, 400x155px
>>16807024
You're "supposed" to feel stupid. That's how the "class" system works. Honestly, frankly, sometimes that big goofy smile has just gotta be it for you. You saw her smile, bro. You saw her smile big. That's something precious.

You're future tripping.

Be yourself, one way or another, hm? However, it's worth keeping in mind, hm, that there are things the upper classes do that the lower classes, don't vice versa, and vice versa. there's things that both do, tons. Focus on common ground, I think, for now. Let her see the real you, because that is worth more than gold. Some people put so much into hiding who they are that they forget to be authentic and vulnerable, the essense of humanity.

the wheels of steel are turnin

hear what I say now
>>
It depends on her and her network of friends. You might find her friend and lifestyle annoying, or you might find it great. Obviously there's a lot of variation in social classes.
>>
>>16807031
I do see her as an equal, existentially speaking. But I'm also thinking practically in my opinion, as if I do approach her I do so with the intention of dating her in a "serious" way.

>>16807042
This is what I fear. I mean I imagine it would fun just innocently dating and so on but when it gets to monetary matters and so on I fear she will become bored by my relative inability to perform, economically speaking.
>>
>>16807063
It's not so much that I'd find them annoying, I just think I'd feel inferior (I realize it's a cuck mentality) for not having attended one of the top three or four colleges and not living the kind of social life they do. I realize that by wanting to be with her I'll have to meet her family and friends, which is fine by me. I don't know I just feel like I'd be intruding or something.

But she's so sweet and when we smiled at each other last week my whole body turned to jello.
>>
>>16807071
>she hates that I ain't got no dolla
then she's just not for you. simple as that. got, m8?
>>
>>16807101
>My whole body turned to jello
That right there is the real reason you should not date this girl. Because you can't control your feelings towards her. I mean, obviously you need to be attracted to the girl you date, but when you feel like that you are obsessed. It's unhealthy and doomed to fail since you'll feel weak when you're near her.

Also what can you offer her when you are financially and socially inferior? Nothing. That's what girls want in a bf. Someone who can increase their status.
>>
>>16807116
Noo, m8. The lad's got such a strong feeling, that's awesome! It's to be tempered, naturally, but that raw spark of attraction is incredibly special. At least OP can enjoy that.
>>
>>16807024
And then there is this:
>
I just think if ever she and I decide to marry and have kids, I won't be able to afford the type of schooling and childhood she experienced.

You have not even approached this girl yet.

Gat. A. Fucking. Grip. M8
>>
>>16807127
I'm thinking long-term bud. I'm not young anymore
>>
>>16807148
You're looking through a telescope at what's right in front of you, m8. If you're serious about this relationship, it's going to take time and effort to build the trust and authenticity of your relationship to even consider the next steps of kids, welfare, well-being, so and is.
>>
>>16807148
Well you sound like a teenager to me. How old are you?
>>
>>16807160

This guy's right, OP. You're already predicting the breakup when you haven't even had a first date yet. Just give it a chance. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. If that possibility terrifies you so much that you won't even TRY, I think you're gonna be lonely for a long-ass time. There'll always be a reason not to go for it, if you're searching for one.
>>
>>16807187

>>16807193
I have been lonely for a long-ass time and I really don't want to fuck this up. The thing is the guys she works with are all highly-accomplished and some aren't much older than I am. Compared to my school mates I'm doing very well for myself, but I still feel like a cuck (>muh feelings). But yes this week hopefully I'll have a chance to talk to her and will try and display the fact that I like her. And when we smiled at each other recently my god I know it outs me as a beta or whatever but I've been thinking about it all weekend. I just hope I'm not being delusional and investing too much significance into something that was for her just a brief exchange of pleasantries.
>>
>>16807209

>will try and display the fact that I like her

Don't confess your feelings. Don't "drop hints." Just ask her out. Say "I'd like to take you to dinner," get her phone number, call or text her the next day suggesting a time & place for the date.

Focus on getting to know her. Don't overthink this or go too deep into hypotheticals, you're just gonna drive yourself crazy. Just focus on getting to know her and letting her get to know you. A first date is not a marriage proposal. One step at a time, bro
>>
>>16807209
Oh man... You are where I was once only I was 16 and getting obsessed over some girl in class I though was cute. Get over the teenager mentality!

26 is nothing! Focus on your career while just playing around girls wise (if all else fails - hookers and Thailand) Having a family is something you should do 15-20 years from now.
>>
>>16807031
This
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.