[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am thinking of adopting a child. I never really cared too much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tommy-about-web.jpg (54KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
tommy-about-web.jpg
54KB, 405x405px
I am thinking of adopting a child. I never really cared too much about having my own biological children since it seems terribly selfish to bring another person into this world when there are over thousands of kids left abandoned with no parents.

My concern is that they won't allow me to adopt because I am single. I have a good paying job as a technician so I am financially stable. Is this enough for them to allow me to adopt or would they still say no because there isn't a mother in the picture?

I also live in a nice well kept home too.

Would they allow me to adopt?
>>
Stable heterosexual couples have to go through a lot of trouble to adopt, let alone people of other statuses. Do you actually think anyone would let a single male adopt a child?
>>
>>16804446
Single men can't adopt. They assume you're a pedophile. Still, it can't hurt to apply.
>>
Join the Big Brothers & Big Sisters society, or whatever they're called.

They essentially pimp out adults to orphans for a brief time.

You can help out little shits without having to commit to raising them.
>>
Let other people deal with their unwanted children, it's not your fault or responsability
>>
>>16804474
I want to raise one though.

>>16804462
Is this a universal notion or does it depend on the state?

>>16804454
They have to go through such troubles to ensure they're right to raise the child though, right?

>>16804501
What other people are you referring to? I'm confused about your post.
>>
>>16804454
>Stable heterosexual couples have to go through a lot of trouble to adopt
That's because they all want name-brand fresh from the womb white babies with no special needs.

If you want a crack baby, black baby, or go the foster rout, adopting is easy as fuck.
Not sure about for single people though.
>>
If this is actually something you want to do, might be something you want to take 3 seconds to google for yourself instead of asking anonymous strangers who have no idea what state you're even in. Raising a kid is only going to get harder from here.
>>
>>16804509
>They have to go through such troubles to ensure they're right to raise the child though, right?
Yes. That includes proving that everything about them is suitable for bringing up a child. Being a single male, you are not going to pass the test.

>>16804514
No, even adopting a relative's child is difficult and there are a lot of legal hoops you have to jump through.
>>
>>16804501
this
don't be a cuck
most certainly don't be a voluntary cuck
>>
>>16804537
>Being a single male, you are not going to pass the test.

Not OP, but I know a single father who has an adopted daughter.
>>
>>16804544
> cuck
Nice buzzword.
>>
>>16804545
Is she related to him in any way?
>>
>>16804552
Nope, not at all; I think she was even adopted after his wife died too.
>>
>>16804554
Huh. That's still a highly unusual case. If OP is the other anon that's posted here before about this exact thing, his age is going to work against him though.
>>
File: mad_in_space.png (23KB, 1528x175px) Image search: [Google]
mad_in_space.png
23KB, 1528x175px
>>16804551
I think the general reputation of 4chan.org outside of the website is that everybody here is autistic.

>>16804544
>>16804501
Comments like these certainly support this theory.
>>
OP, I do not think you can properly raise a child if you do not know how to fucking Google.

This was the first result for "single parent adoption".

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/single_parent.pdf
>>
>>16804569
>Experience has shown that if your
urge to parent comes primarily from a desire
to meet your own needs (e.g., loneliness,
disappointment in romantic relationships,
unresolved fertility or other losses),
parenting will prove more challenging and
less satisfying for both you and your child
That almost definitely rules OP out as being suitable to raise a child
>>
>>16804574
Fuck that formatting
>>
>>16804574
Uhh, none of those are my reasons for wanting to adopt. I specified my reasons in the initial post of this thread.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.