[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me back at 16 >Have 18/yr old friend >We decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: hitchhiker-691581_640.jpg (62KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
hitchhiker-691581_640.jpg
62KB, 640x426px
>Be me back at 16
>Have 18/yr old friend
>We decide to start our own company
>We split all profit 50/50
>About $10 to $94 every month, it grows slowly
>Just a small hobby
>Once I'm 18 he bails and told me that I can 'buy' his part now that I can legally own it
>Do it so I get 100% of profits
>Bust my fucking ass
>Be 19 now
>Had big break 2 months ago
>6 major customers and a lot of small ones out of nowhere
>Earn roughly $17500/month now after tax
>Contracts make this a guaranteed income for a year or more
>Analytics and orders shows that it has only grown since the big break
This is so fucking surreal
But after the bliss wore off,I feel feel the exact same.

So what the fuck do I do?
I was raised frugal so I don't know exactly what to do with this money.
I still live with my dad and he has no idea about all of this.

Should I just get an apartment, an expensive car, and put the rest in to retire early?

What should I prepare for? Constant theft, ex-gf suddenly contacting me again?
Should I keep it as secret as possible and just stay at home and rack in dough?

I'm only asking /adv/ out of pure desperation, I have no one to turn to.
I haven't even been here for like a year.
>>
>>16802345
DISREGARD BITCHES
ACQUIRE CURRENCY
>>
>>16802345
Well first step is to secure those contracts for more than a year. This is a great break for you and your company, but you need to keep putting in work to maintain it and even keep growing it.

As far as buying material possessions with it... no. Just no. You keep that money in the company as a rainy day fund. Keep some liquidity. Make a few investments in technology or anything you might need to grow your business in the future. Keep the rest liquid and ready to use later. Don't go wasting it on useless shit like cars.

Build your business now so that 5 years from now you can be talking about selling it and becoming a multi millionaire OR have a company well on its way to being something big.
>>
File: 1454908416952.jpg (37KB, 460x306px) Image search: [Google]
1454908416952.jpg
37KB, 460x306px
Women can't catch you if you are always traveling. See the world like you've always wanted too anon.

If you can't live your life for yourself, live it for others who wish they were in the same position as you.
>>
you should be investing most of your profits into your company to keep it growing
>>
>>16802345
Tryout robinhood

Explore biz a bit but DON'T BUY ETH OR ANY CRYPTO
>>
I've never had this kind of money.

Just get a small apartment.. Take the bus; enjoy your money in intelligent ways. Don't waste it and (try to) make it last!
>>
>>16802345
I always wanted to be an entrepreneur what'S your business
>>
>>16802383
FUCK APARTMENTS. U WANT EQUITY BAY BEE. APARTMENTS R A MONEY PIT OF SHAME AND RAGE.
>>
>>16802345
Your friend is probably gonna murder you
>>
>>16802356
Sounds like a decent idea,
although I'm pretty sure this is the roof of the model for now, with very little room for further profit.
I'll most likely get an idea though, It's happened before.

>>16802360
I'm going to sound like a massive fucking fag, but I actually enjoy being at my desk more than travelling.

>>16802371
Already sort of am.

>>16802377
I guess investing is a good idea

>>16802383
>>16802396
I'll probably buy property based on a few factors. Owning a house seems like a lot of work though.

>>16802442
Last time I talked with him about the business it was just to tell him last month I pocketed $1000 of profits and his response was just "Dude, nice, shit."
>>
>>16802345
If your dad took good care of you make sure you take good care of him since you probably make more than him now.

Invest in the company, what most people have already said in this thread has been good advice.
>>
You are lucky. You put in the work, but still lucky that it was a breakthrough. Congrats. I'll have to keep working my wagecuck job, studying, and put forth my mind so I can have something like this happen someday! Listen to everybody else, save the money and invest in your own business!
>>
Had similar thing happen to me few years ago. Felt surreal for a while too.

Reinvest and save 75% of the money and rest can be safely used for living. Get a reliable company car for utility and nice clothes to give good impression for future customers.

Keep getting more customers and grow existing business relationships. You might not want to advertise how much money you make to people, to lessen amount of gold diggers.

What you should expect?
>jealous people
>"friends" who like you because you have money
>rainyday when everything goes to shit, but hey it's all cool because you put money aside for this

This is all I could think of. I hope that reads somewhat ok, English is my third language..
>>
What is the company about dude?
>>
>>16802498
>You might not want to advertise how much money you make to people

Fucking this. If some asks how much you make just say enough to get by or something
>>
>>16802345

Buy some ETH with BTC, wait a year, and then become rich.

But seriously, save up your money and invest it in something wither it's cryptocurrency, stocks, property, whatever. Investing in property is guaranteed money, but make sure if you do its in a good area.
>>
>>16802345
What type of business is it?
>>
>>16802356
This guy knows.

At a bare minimum reinvest or save 20% for your business. Ideally more.

I encourage people to enjoy life with less. Save the bulk of your money... Just in case. Some investments in different markets will also proof your money but don't go nuts. Invested should comprise a very small portion of your wealth until you have serious assets to fall back on.

A house is always a sound investment, assuming you don't already own one.
>>
I wish my ex-gf would contact me
>>
>>16803116
NO U DONT
>>
>>16802345
save up and invest. when you have money like you would have if you saved for a year, you can sit back and let the money do the work for you. congrats anon, youre doing exceptionally well for yourself considering your age. keep your wits about you and dont fuck this up. head over to >>>/biz/ and ask them for some input.
>>
>>16803116
seriously, women will make you broke. do not fuck with that, stick to fwbs. spend no money on them, and do not indicate that you have money in any way. you are young and do not fully understand them yet, but women can and will ruin you. this is the great equalizer- we can physically overpower them easily, but their innate skill at mind games is not to be trifled with. especially at your age. all it takes is one false rape accusation, one pregnancy that may or may not be caused by you, one slip up on your part and you will be broke, incarcerated, or worse. seriously. the internet is full of these kinds of horror stories, do yourself a favor and read some of them.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.