[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it socially unacceptable to play loud rap music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (33KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33KB, 200x195px
One of life's few pleasures is playing loud music while driving around, I think. Especially on warm days when you can roll the windows down and feel the breeze in your hair.

I'm not talking about blasting the music so the whole neighborhood has to hear it, but if you pull up next to someone or drive right by they'll be able to hear.

Yesterday I got off of work, still in my nurse scrubs and drive to whole foods to buy some things to make lunch and dinner. I'm a white girl in her 20s. Was listening to Dlaughterhouse and the song did have a lot of bad words in it. Pulled into the parking lot and as I drove by this white woman maybe in her 40s she gave me like an exasperated "really?" look and I waved at her.

But I didn't like the look and I'm still thinking about it today. Was t because of the music? Is this not an okay thing for people to do? I should probably just forget about it I guess but it was off-putting.
>>
Seriously, playing loud rap music with the volume turned all the way up and the bass goddamn thumping is one of the best things in life.

I'm a Jesus freak, so I usually bump this, though partly for irony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ihbZE6aVgY

Also, don't shop at whole foods. Organic produce is more expensive, but organic pesticide residue is actually more dangerous than conventional pesticides, and GMOs are fucking awesome. Whole foods is retarded shit. If it says non-GMO, that shit is inferior and you shouldn't buy it.
>>
White women are the most privileged people on earth. The fact that you would even make this thread over the smallest slight in the world by another white woman is fucking hilarious and proves my point.
>>
>>16802014
And poor white men just have it so hard? Lmao.
>>
>>16802020
>B-but men

Typical
>>
So long as you don't buy the message.
I had family members that accepted that shit wholesale and started smoking weed like it was good for them
>>
>>16802011
GMOs can be good or bad, but I don't want to get into that. I shop where I want.

Part of the reason I like hip hop and rap is the irony, too. Song playing at the time was R.N.S. I think. I love that one. But since when is it okay to act like someone is doing something wrong for listening to music? What about free expression and all that.

I just didn't think people actually freaked out over minor stuff like this.
>>
>>16802003
And this is an issue because...?
>>
Short answer, yes. It's inconsiderate of others. You may enjoy the music, but other people may not. I personally find it really annoying to be stuck next to someone whose music is extremely loud, and yes, it was made worse by the fact the song was vulgar.
>>
>>16802036
Hmm. I can definitely see your point, but really feel like it's just music and shouldn't be a big deal. The worst of it would be if we're stuck at a red light together, and then it's only like 30 seconds at most.

Is this really something to give people shit over? I don't know why I was so bothered but it was. Like I get off a 12 hour shift and can't even listen to music without people acting like I've done something horrible. Not that it should matter where I'd been, but I think it contributed to my feeling unsettled by this woman.
>>
>>16802033
>What about free expression and all that.
The other person exercised her right to express her opinion. Her opinion was that you have shit taste.

This isn't a problem nor is it hard to come up with this answer.
>>
>>16802055
But you're not just listening to music; you're forcing other people to listen to it, too. There are expectations of normal noises (cars passing by, shopping carts being pushed, etc.) and to have that interrupted by loud, unwanted music is annoying. It's just inconsiderate and selfish is all. You're bothered because someone called you out on it and you were forced to acknowledge that you thought your desire to listen to loud music was more important than someone's desire not to.
>>
Use headphones
>>
>>16802064
Yeah that counts as free expression ofc and she has the right to act that way, but it's not something I would do to someone. To me that sort of judgmental behavior is a social no-no.

Could be we just have different ideas of what is okay and what isn't. Maybe she was raised thinking cursing is immoral?
>>
>>16802084
This is illegal.
>>
>>16802086
My point is that this shouldn't affect you the way it did. Really, just let it go. Yes, she was rude - you'll find more rude people everywhere. You don't let it get to you hecause this is not a problem.
>>
>>16802098
But was I doing something actually wrong? She's probably posting on whatever forum older people use asking if she acted appropriately. Like

"Some girl was driving around listening to music that involved the n-word! I gave her a look of extreme disapproval as she drove by, but now I'm wondering if maybe I acted inappropriately by being sort of a bitch. What do you think?"

I'm trying to be understanding.
>>
>>16802110
You are a good person, I'll give you that. But you are overthinking this. No, you did not do wrong, you were minding your own business but I assure you the other person doesn't even remember that this happened. I guarantee she just went about her day.

Let go.
>>
theres still a bad taste in everyones from left over from the 90s when wiggers and actual niggers who actually started fights, shot up houses, rob people, break into houses, get in gun fights would pointless drive around in random neighborhood that they otherwise wouldnt be in at late hours in the night specifically to bump loud gangster rap and piss people off. i personally dont give a fuck though.
>>
>>16802110
No you didn't do anything wrong. You're just on an ego trip because someone slighted you. Let it go. She's not thinking about you at all, she probably just had a brief moment of road rage
>>
OP, playing loud rap music that other people can hear like you apparently do is considered by most adults as being both immature and low class.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't do it, but you should realize that a huge portion of the population will look down on you and judge you negatively for it.

It's like getting a face tattoo. It doesn't really hurt anyone else or affect them, but if you do it people will judge you negatively for doing it. Right or wrong that's the way it is.

And although they are usually not enforced, most places have noise ordinances where if your music can be heard more than "x" feet away you are in violation and can be fined. So all the people in the thread saying you are just exercising your rights are mistaken. You are legally in the wrong.

In my city music which can be heard by a person more than 10 feet away from a vehicle is illegal.
>>
FUUUCK wha people say
i got a whole playlist of BANGERZ just to play them loud while im driving
DEM 808s LOUDER THAN THEIR BITCHIN
>>
>>16802184
Hmm I wonder how many feet it is for my city. I don't know if people 10 feet away would be able to hear it or not. This was a parking lot and I drove right by her to park. I don't want to be inconsiderate of others, but there has to be a limit to how much you're willing to change for other people. Somehow this seems like a moral grey area? Some people probably wouldn't want their kids to hear language like that. Which isn't something I ever really think about, because my mom encouraged creativity and bought me music like this as a kid when I asked for it.

I'm inclined to think I did nothing wrong, and I'm definitely not going to limit my choices in driving music for fear of offending someone. So the people saying I should just get over it are probably right.

I don't get the whole tattoo thing either. Had some issues getting into the nursing program before because of mine. It was ridiculous.
>>
Im 22 with subs in an 04 sonata with aftermarket speakers, probably always be a bass head.

Who gives a fuck what people think. I drive like 30 minutes a day so it was def worth the investment.

Oh and i also get glared at on every stop light or parking lot.
>>
Lol who gives a flying FUCK. You're in YOUR car, as long as its not the middle of the night you're fine. Why are you so worried about what people think of you? Answer me this, seriously.
Anyone who says its wrong is a faggot cuck.
>>
>>16802003
Obviously it'd anoying and makes you look bad, if you want to do it fine, but don't be surprised when people think it's obnoxious.
>>
>>16802235
Cool! About the car stuff, not the glares. I just have whatever system normally came in my 2009 Toyota something little car. So I don't have like a subwoofer or anything.

It's cool that you do though. Bet driving around with that is fun! But that might cross the line a bit for me.

>>16802244
Idk. I'm like a normal law-abiding citizen with a decent job and I try to treat people well. Like I'm extremely polite in person and have friends just like this woman that glared at me. I bet we could be friends, even; if given the chance. That she was glaring at me like I was the scum of he earth really bothered me.

I meant her no offense or anything.
>>
>>16802269
So you're nice all the time. Well fuck that lol sometimes you gotta do your own thing, even if others don't like it..idk man. If it was my favorite song I'm gonna blast it. If it bugs you that much you could just leave it for the highway drives.
>>
Who fucking cares? Do whatever you want you're obviously not hurting anybody. Stop caring so much what others think
>>
>>16802055
How about I'm getting off a 12 hour shift and don't want to hear your nigger shit on my way home. Kill yourself.
>>
>>16802417
Guess this advice is what I'll try to follow.

Thanks everyone!
>>
>>16802014
did it hurt when stacy rejected you when you were at your best
>>
>>16802003
Playing loud music (or really just being publically loud in general) is rude, the lady was just the one with enough balls to give you an exasperated look about it.

Wear headphones if you need volume so bad.
>>
Do it to so you can revel in the butthurt of others OP.
>>
>>16802473
What's with the headphones comments? You guys do realize that's illegal, right? :/

Anyway whatever. I don't think I did anything wrong really, it's just sometimes tough living in a society with other people who have different ideas about what's acceptable and what isn't.
>>
Gotta blast F--K the police its the best few minutes of the day
>>
Fuck anyone who cares. Enjoy what you enjoy, for real. It's no one's right to tell you.
>>
It's socially unacceptable to play loud music in general, regardless of genre
>>
I can't stand super loud music, and I damn well do not want my car to vibrate just because a person feels that it makes them "cool" - I mean sure, rock out with your cock out if you want, but make my car vibrate with annoying nigger music and it pisses me off; esp if I cannot hear MY music over the BS in the car next to me.

In my eyes, it is. It's rude, and it makes you look like a douche.
>>
>>16803463
So you made this thread just for attention, just like blasting baboon beats, because you were only looking for what you wanted to hear. Got it.
>>
>>16802003
If anyone but you can hear it, it's too loud.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.