/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I could use some help. >be me, 20, female, introvert/shy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1293114782386.jpg (109KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1293114782386.jpg
109KB, 461x523px
Hey /adv/ I could use some help.

>be me, 20, female, introvert/shy

>Moved to a new city two and a half years ago due to university
>Met a guy there who I liked
>He usually always initiated the conversation, sat next to me/near me
>I get really nervous around him, spaghetti everywhere basically
>I either stare at him or avoid his look
>He sort of did the same thing
>one and a half year later he got a girlfriend
>his gf liked another guy in our course before, but he ditched her (?), so she started looking somewhere else
>she pretty much had enough balls to show interest in him like a normal person, unlike me god damnit
>our interactions stopped, but we exchanged looks every now and then

>fast forward to now, they are still together
>he's been getting really weird lately
>he grins at me for no reason
>i get visibly uncomfortable by it, which makes him grin even more
>talks to me whenever he has the opportunity
>his friends write me messages if I go to the club to meet them
>one apologized for his behavior towards me telling me not to think anything of it
>even one of my fucking professors took me away from him since he thought he was hitting on me in a way which made me seem uncomfortable
>his gf is even there at those times, giving me and him weird looks
>the both of them seem to talk about me???

Ok, so, the thing is, I don't believe he is flirting with me.. so what exactly is his deal?

Another thing is that our internships started recently, so we will probably never see eachother again. Though I would love to keep him as a friend or something, I don't feel like I have any right to interfere with him and his relationship, since I still have romantic feelings for him... I'm just really confused ;_;
>>
>>16801816
Hahaha, he's clearly teasing you
>>
Hello OP.

You like him but you've never expressed this to him.

I don't know how it got to the stage that a teacher moved you away from him because they suspected you were being harassed. That seems incredibly extreme and unusual, and it's even more complicated because really, underneath it all you actually quite like him.

Could you elaborate more on that situation please?
>>
>>16801821

But why? ;_;

>>16801825

Our "city" is actually rather small. We have a local club near the university where we all hang out at night, including some of our profs. I talked to my professor at that night, when he (as in my crush) interrupted us, sort of drunk.
He literally talked to me about doing some leg training with me for solid five minutes until my teacher had enough and pulled me away.
>>
>>16801863

I suspect that the reason you've made this thread today is so that people will help you to join the dots and interpret this guys behaviour and the situation in general.

I suspect you want to hear "He's into you".

The truth is, we can't say. Only he knows his motives. He might be very attracted to you. He might just be acting friendly. He might even be teasing you because he finds you funny.

He has a gf. Unless you're prepared to say to him "I quite like you, would you leave your gf for me?", this isn't going to progress, and that tactic is very risky considering you're gonna see them both around in your little town.
>>
>>16801891
>I suspect that the reason you've made this thread today is so that people will help you to join the dots and interpret this guys behaviour and the situation in general.

Absolutely.

>I suspect you want to hear "He's into you".

I would love to, honestly. But I'm fairly sure he isn't.
And although me and his gf don't really get along very much, I could never ask him such a thing. It just seems very selfish to do that.

I don't know.. I guess the thought that we will never see eachother again, not even as friends, is depressing me. So I just wanted to know what his intentions were at the very least, if this even makes any sort of sense.
>>
>>16801931
You're putting too much weight on one dude, because you're inexperienced. He sounds socially retarded too. It's not anyone's fault it didn't work out. Other guys will be more upfront, how will you handle that though is what you should learn
>>
Cont >>16801952
Also do you really wanna be friends with someone you're not sure has feelings for you? Or someone you have feelings for; it's a dark path and will push you deeper into you're own goofy self mind games.
>>
OP, you sound retarded. Get yourself together and act like a normal adult person
>>
>>16801967

You're right, I know. I can't believe I even sound like a retard on 4chan.

>>16801952
>>16801962

This is spot on.
I'm not sure. I just want to see him around, but I guess this isn't going to work in the long term if we are solely going to be friends. And since confessing as long as he has a gf is out of question.. it's better if we part ways?

Also if one of you guys have any ideas on how to handle this sort of stuff like a normal person would, let me know
>>
There's a lot of room between being friends and never seeing each other. Find what's comfortable but it's probably best if you just spend less time around each other. Hey it might even get him to nut up and say what he wanted.

Going forward just assume he /sorta/ liked you, it's a good ego boost and can get you out of your slump. You are worth liking.
>>
>>16802031
That's a very sweet thing to say. Thank you man.

I guess I will just occasionally talk to him then, without thinking too much.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.