[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make friends? I ma a 31 year old pathetic scumbag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How do you make friends? I ma a 31 year old pathetic scumbag that hasn't had any real friends since high school. I am too introverted to hang out with family memebers of the same age or really associate with co-workers on a non-professional level. I have tried to attended various social events in the past but all have ended has ended in failure because I was too scared and nervous to bother talking to anyone. The closest thing I have to friends are the anonymous posters on /a/, /co/, /v/ etc.

I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life but I don't know how to break out. What do?
>>
just get a gf

if you really enjoyed being around people platonically you would have friends already
>>
>>16800978
Thanks jerk. OP should go down to the girlfriend store and just pick one up and take it home. Surely that will work.
>>
the only thing wrong with you is your self esteem
>>
>>16800978
>>16800474
Making friends is harder as you get older, even if you love people and have good self-esteem.
>>
>>16800474
aw i feel bad for you :L
making friends are hard as shit, the only reason i have more than my boyfriend is because we moved to a house where three girls live and they all kinda felt in love with me, so they jumped right in and was so nice and sweet you couldn't really avoid a friendship
and for the past 8 months they really helped me, my social anxiety is better and i can now go grocery shopping and go up to a cashier if they have calculated something wrong and i should get more money back
it's amazing!
>>
>>16800474
Stop looking for friends.

Start looking for activities. Join a gym. Take a non-academic class (cooking, auto repair, art appreciation) at a CC. Hang out at the comic book store. Just anything that you do just for your own amusement.

Inevitably there will be other people doing it. And because you're doing the same thing it will be inevitable and natural to chat about it. And the next time you get together you'll be at ease with them because you're not actually trying to be friends, just talking about what you have in common.

And before you know it, you'll have friends.
>>
You're a pussy.
>>
Same OP. I'm 32 and I don't get it either.

I work, go to classes, and volunteer. No one seems to want to interact beyond the minimum. Even a study group for a tough class seems impossible to form.

I'm glad I have my online friends even though they live very far away. I mean things could be worse, but things could also be a lot better. I don't need everyone to be a bff, but just hanging out with someone to get a bite to eat is something I haven't been able to do in a very long time.
>>
>>16800999
Getting a gf is easier than making close platonic friends at this age. Just use the internet.
>>
>>16800474
>a glimpse of the future

Depressing.
>>
I make friends by not giving so many fucks and just talking to people. Don't worry about coming off as weird, everybody is weird. Eventually you'll find another weirdo and if you both do things on the regular one of you will invite the other one to hang out and if you both have a good time that'll happen repeatedly. Try to have a good time all the time, be positive. Once you make a single friend you'll end up meeting their friends and probably become friends with them too. Friends require effort. You both have to keep in touch and spend time with each other. The easiest way to do this is to find things you want to do, then invite people you want to so them with. If everyone you invite is consistently flaky then you gotta find new friends.
>>
>>16801300
You're meant to be married with kids by that age, ie. too busy to think about things like this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.