[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to enjoy my own company? Because I really don't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pepetko.jpg (57KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepetko.jpg
57KB, 500x400px
How do I learn to enjoy my own company?

Because I really don't. I get lonely and depressed.

I'm going to a video game tourney alone tomorrow to see if I can be a strong independent womxyian who donneedno man. Hope I don't get too lonely. Oh jeez.
>>
>>16799614

just enjoy yourself
i dont understand, life is so easy
how is it possible to be lonely
>>
>>16799614

I find it's really helpful to do something creative and/or productive. For the most part it sucks to do "fun" things alone, but I find I can pass the time pretty enjoyably if I've got a task I can focus on, where I can put thought and effort into doing it well, and feel some kind of satisfaction if it turns out well.

I write, I make music, I don't really want a career in any of these things or think I'm great at it, but I like doing it. Cooking is good too. Exercise. Stuff like that.
>>
>>16799614
Why do you need to enjoy your company?
>>
>>16799617

some (most) people seem to have a really hard time, and i dont get it. i feel like realizing you an enjoy alone itme is the key lesson you learn during highschool and transitioning into adult hood.

>>16799614

for noobs i recommend a creative outlet.

>>16799625

kinda like what this person suggests. but make sure you have endgames.

for instance going home nad drawing is not enough. its just a random doodle on the paper. you have no reason to finish it. none at all.

so instead, draw a comic. plan out a whole issue, or six issues, then come home every day and draw it, be all happy with how it turns out.

so instead of watching movies, make one. instead of reading books, write one. instead of sitting in a chair, build one.

no need to be perfect. if one stops being fulfilling move on to the next.

also exercise and healthy diet help a lot
>>
File: Quotefancy-36892-3840x2160.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Quotefancy-36892-3840x2160.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>16799627

because alone is something you will be often. so why not enjoy it?
>>
>>16799634
Fire up clingy girl reflex and get someone to be with you like most of your gender does.
>>
>>16799636

>dating

single for 3 years. ill date when i meet someone compatible with my lifestyle.
>>
>>16799644
>single
>wondering that she's lonely
That's one of the main reasons people look for a so to avoid loneliness. The is no magic cure. If there was people would be doing that instead of relationships.
>>
>>16799649

what? im not OP. im someone who gave advice on how to enjoy time alone.

i mean we all get occasionally lonely, but i live a happy life. hence the giving advice.
>>
>>16799649

This is dumb advice. You don't get in a relationship just to avoid loneliness, you get in a relationship because you actually want to spend lots of time with that person. A bad relationship just adds stress, and doesn't really do much to help the loneliness if you're with someone who doesn't understand you or care about you
>>
>>16799664
So you get in a relationship to avoid loneliness, since what makes bad relationships bad is that they don't help against loneliness
>>
>>16799664
You're young and inexperienced.
>>
>>16799614
>video game tourney

Yul'oe find lots of lonelies at won of those. (Heh) Befriends with 'em.
>>
>>16799676
You're old and jaded
>>
>>16799614
>I'm going to a video game tourney alone tomorrow to see if I can be a strong independent womxyian who donneedno man.
What do you plan to do about the GamerGaters?
>>
>>16799799
Nothing? Same as always?
>>
>>16799614
>strong independent womxyian who donneedno man.

But you don't need no man.
You just need someone or something to keep you company.
A dog.
Cat.
Parrot, you could call him "shimbles" and teach him to talk like a pirate.
FALCON. Because who doesn't want a pet bird that can rip your enemies eyes out?
A teddy bear that you talk to and make other people look at you like you're crazy.

I find the key to enjoying my own company, is to make myself laugh... I often get crazy looks, but who the fuck cares, I'm happy.

I mean shit, I've been that "creepy" guy all my life, learned all attention is bad attention and that I'll never win with other people. So I win with myself and make myself happy. I prefer lonliness. Who gives a fuck if someone doesn't get my jokes, I get it and I laugh.

I had a giggle writing those ideas down, and I had a giggle earlier staring at someone while thinkin' about fucking their sister to see if they would react (then I'd know they could read my mind and I'd then have to come up with a plan to prove it to others).

My point is, be silly, even to yourself. Treat every thought like an inside joke that only you would get. That is the key to happiness alone.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.