[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marrying a britbong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

My boyfriend is from England and I'm from the US. Just looked up the marriage rules and becoming a UK citizen or whatever so I can live there with him. It sounds pretty complicated. I have to be living there for two years prior or something? I dont get it
>>
>>16796832
I wouldn't recommend changing your entire life for somebody you've never even met before. You wouldn't know what living with them is like, so compatibility is up in the air.
>>
>>16796832
The trick is to marry him and move to Continental Europe, where the rules on income etc. don't apply. After a couple of years you're a European permanent resident and you can move to the UK. This kind of international mobility should be pretty easy if you have careers in a field with a very strong job market, such as carpentry.
>>
>>16796846
We meet next month. Still staying optimistic though... I know being together will be a lot different, but hopefully for the better
>>
>>16796856
Whoa wait what. Carpenter? I'm more confused
>>
>>16796884
Well, really any job that lets you both move to continental Europe. Straight to the UK is very hard, as you need to prove you make a high income.
>>
>>16796898
Shit. Well that's not good. I don't have a high paying income. I'm not unemployed and I'm trying to be a hair dresser right now, but that's definitely not "high paying". This isnt looking too good...I had no idea it was that strict
>>
>>16796915
You can get a job cutting hair in Europe, even if it's not quite as easy to find as a job cutting wood. Do you speak any European languages?
>>
>>16796920
Some french. That's it
>>
>>16796938
Bienvenue a France! Learn some hairdressing vocabulary before you go - most French folk do not speak any second language very well.
>>
>>16796950
Either that or get used to taking a yearly vacation to see my partner. That sounds awful. I just want to be able to wake up next to him everyday
>>
>>16796970
Nothing wrong with waking up next to him in a beautiful French cottage, brushing the sawdust off him, having a croissant and heading out to work in the salon.
>>
>>16796996
Brushing the sawdust off him? He's an IT worker haha. But yeah I guess so. I would hate to tear him apart from his family though, not to mention I wouldn't mind becoming a part of that family as well. Well the queen is a pain in my butt
>>
>>16797011
You really haven't looked in this have you? No, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
One of the reasons why you have to be living there two years prior is to stop people marrying UK subjects in order to get a pass to live here and claim citizenship at the same time :^ )
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.