[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been wanting to get a tenor sax for going on five years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

I've been wanting to get a tenor sax for going on five years now, since when I graduated from high school. I've got a tax refund for about $3100 coming in, which would be about a month's paycheck for me. The sax is gonna be about $2300.

Alternatives include such noble pursuits as cutting the rest of my car loan in half, paying my college loan for a year, putting most of it aside for my upcoming security deposit on a rental, etc. Probably more responsible, but I've never been a particularly responsible person in terms of saving money. I am way ahead on loan payments at the moment, though; car's not due til July and my college loans are good til April.

I haven't even received the refund check yet, but I'm not generally someone to give much of a fuck and I've got about $10k saved up anyway, so it's not like I'll be hurting for anything soon. What should I do, /adv/?

1. Blow the whole check on shit I want and party, woooo
2. Buy the sax, use the rest on payments
3. Use half on the sax, dedicate at least $1500 towards loans and pay the rest of the sax with my saved money
4. Be a good little boy and dump all of it into one of my loans

I'd pay off my car loan in full but I'm keeping it around for credit.

Actually, hey, the federal refund check just came in. Better give me advice fast, nerds.
>>
Saxophones are for faggots.
There is no music written for them except for meme music and "jazz".

Save yourself the trouble and crush that dream now.
If you want to play an instrument, play a real one
>>
>>16793134
Why even waste your time with such a gay instrument
>>
Your anger only fuels my passion, /adv/.
>>
>>16793160
No dude I'm saying people play instruments to get laid that's weak

Try fl studio
>>
>>16793167
Already taken care of, bud. Don't project, now.

Though you do have a point with FL Studio.
>>
Bump.
>>
Rent a sax. There's no point to spending that much as a beginner, for any instrument.

Then as you learn shit (IF you stick with it) you'll have a better idea what to buy for yourself later.
>>
>>16793846
This. Reconsider the time investment.
>>
>>16793846
Sorry, I should have clarified that; I played for 8 years in high school, but unfortunately the two times I tried to enter bands at college either night classes didn't let me or I couldn't rent one.

I still do sax fingerings whenever I'm thinking of a melody for something stuck in my head and play along. It's been kind of a hole in my life for a long while.
>>
File: 7c12cf1dbb7702710e058fcb8be5d1a4.jpg (374KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
7c12cf1dbb7702710e058fcb8be5d1a4.jpg
374KB, 752x1062px
>>16793872
>>16793872
and what a long 8 years they were

(*8 years, through high school)
(sage)
>>
Have you ever played an intrument before? Pay off your student loans first.
>>
>>16793872
Get a Xaphoon, scratch your itch. Save the real instrument for later.
>>
File: 58d1e303d5aaf914759b97406849e1db.jpg (167KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
58d1e303d5aaf914759b97406849e1db.jpg
167KB, 800x1066px
>>16793891
Dunno if that was just replied too late, but obviously yes as I just said. This and I've played bass for 6 years.

>>16793895
Hell no.
>>
>>16793134
Buy the sax, friend.
I've been wanting a tenor sax myself for several years (I played when I was younger, but sold my old one to pay for tuition when I was in college). Anyway, hopefully I'll be getting one soon enough.
Don't let your dreams sit and fester, do something about it now, so you have time to enjoy it.

>>16793147
>>16793148
Hush, children.
>>
I guarantee all if your loans have a higher interest rate than all the returns on your savings. Use the refund to pay off a loan and use your saved money to buy the sax then use all the money you would have spent on entertainment vs sax practice (probably about $15 a week) to pay off additional loans to avoid interest payments vs investing for pennies a week.
>>
Bumpin.

I like the last answer the best.
>>
>>16793134
Option 2.

>>16793147
Kill yourself. We have too many people on the planet to accommodate the likes of you.
>>
Keep money for rental apartment. You'll need it. Rent sax. No one really wants to hear you play it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.