[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lied about being in good shape in a job interview and I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: sumoclimb.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sumoclimb.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
I lied about being in good shape in a job interview and I was called about it today and I got the job that I will probably be physically incapable of doing for more than 2 hours.

What do I do?
>>
I'd suggest being honest and telling your employer you're a fat piece of shit who lies on top.
>>
>>16791456
You'll be fired while you're in the probationary period.
>>
>>16791464
I'm not fat tho. I'm pretty ideally human-sized. Just haven't done that much heavy lifting for a while.
>>
>>16791456

quit? idk what to tell you mate. you cant magically fitness yourself up and they are going to fire you anyways. simply go to your boss and say

>i underestimated how taxing this job would be. I thought i could handle it and im sorry i wasted your time.
>>
>>16791480
Shit.

This is going to look bad on my records.
>>
What do y'all think my chances are at just winging it? I'm going to get killed in the first few days but it should get easier if I don't get fired before that, right?

I mean, hell. I've never gotten a job before. I've literally never had one. I can't fuck this one up.
>>
>>16791494
Been there. You'll be fine OP. The first month will suck dick while your body adjusts and muscles grow, but most jobs with a fitness requirement don't actually push you to the max required all the time.

Keep hydrated, stretch before work and keep a bottle of aleve on you.
>>
>>16791456

Grab your balls and do the work dude.

Just do it. Don't think, just fucking do it.

Stop being a pansy.
>>
>>16791507
I applied for the job figuring the same, but I wasn't that sure anymore. So as long as I eat and sleep on my free time and do my best at work, I should be fine?

What's aleve?
>>
>>16791456
You'll get accustomed to it quickly. What exactly are you doing?

are you against using adderall to increase your energy levels?
>>
>>16791527
I'll be working in the storage of this factory, carrying/pulling crates. I figured lifting a 45-pound box to my head level wasn't that hard before they had me do that during the interview.

How does one get adderall?
>>
>>16791530

>can't do a 45 pound OHP

Really dude?
>>
>>16791531
Well I COULD do it, just not in the right technique or much grace.
>>
>>16791518
Just pre job jitters. I did this same thing, held the job for 4 years until i got sick of the managers.

Alieve, sorry. It's naproxen and ibuprofen. Good for muscle pain. Aspirin works in a pinch too, just make sure you take the recommended dose.

Hydration is the key. You'll sleep well regardless, your body will be too tired for anything else. You'll probably wake up with numbness in your arms and major muscle groups for a few weeks. Nothing to worry about, that's your muscles demanding more blood than your body is used to supplying. It'll stop after a while.

What job did you get?
>>
>>16791535
Storage gremlin.
>>
>>16791534
Learn the technique and ignore that other fag. 45 pounds once isn't a big deal. 45 pounds over and over again for 8 hours a day? That's a beast.

Still my earlier advice stands. Alieve and hydration. Protein shakes aren't a bad idea either after you've worked hard, they can help with muscle.

You should see if /fit/ has any advice for you. You'll probably get some shit for letting yourself get like this, but those guys can help you get stronger too.
>>
>>16791556
>45 pounds once isn't a big deal.
That's how I figured it when I applied for the job

>45 pounds over and over again for 8 hours a day? That's a beast.
That's what I'm worried about.

Hydration, protein, sleep, work. That should do, right?
>>
>>16791563
Yeah, that and a good attitude (not fake happy shit, but a willingness to try and do the job and listen to people with advice and experience on the job if they offer you pointers).

Not gonna lie man, it's going to suck for a month or two, but you'll get stronger and get used to it.
>>
>>16791563
Oh yeah, and keep your back straight. They show you how to lift for a reason. Back and knee pain sucks. Whatever you can do to minimize them, do.
>>
Buy a back brace. You fuck up your back, you fuck up your entire life.
>>
>>16791574
>good attitude
That's my only selling point. I'm dumb, honest, and work real hard to compensate. I didn't really even believe they'd buy it but they freaking did, and now I have a job.

I have autism-level pain tolerance (asperger's syndrome is pretty much the shittiest superpower) but I think I can handle the first few months.

I know some weightlifting-basics, I'll do my best.
>>
>>16791586
Good on you dude, best of luck.
>>
>>16791591
Thank you.

I guess I can do this after all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.