[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I work Fulltime and make about $65,000/yr. but I still live in my moms basement. Which is nice because I've been putting almost all of my money into savings. I just feel really unmotivated in life and some people told me I should move out. But I can't find a good enough reason to. Then they said it's weird I still live at home. Is this actually weird? I'm 26. But my mom gives me almost total privacy. I buy my own groceries and do everything myself. Just live in her basement.

Am I weird that I choose to live at home even though I make good money?
>>
It makes financial sense, but socially it's retarded. Almost all women are going to be hugely turned off and guys will make fun of you for it. It's up to you though.
>>
>>16785405
It's basically free money you're making by not moving out. I mean I wouldn't bring home women or anything but I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. Just make sure you treat your mom well and get her nice gifts for her birthday/holidays.
>>
>>16785418
>>16785420

I havent had the time for girls the last few years anyways, and probably won't for the forseeable future. So that's not really a issue. I just am annoyed people always look at me funny when they ask about where I live and shit
>>
>>16785418
>Almost all women are going to be hugely turned off
Only shallow simple minded girls are going to be hugely turned off
>guys will make fun of you for it
Guys who are either poor or jealous, or a combination will make fun of you for it

>>16785405
I'm in the same boat as you OP but I'm 29. I moved back home a few years ago to help take care of my dad but now it's just my mom and me. I planned on moving out but I've been home for 3 years now, and don't really care to move out anymore. It's never been a problem with bringing girls home. I'll eventually move out in a few years when I can buy a house and I'll end up getting this house too. So I'll just rent it out and be pretty set financially for the rest of my life in my early 30's.

There's tons of people our age living at home without jobs and in debt. At least we have our shit together. No shame in living at home.
>>
>>16785459

Thanks. What should I say when people judge me for it? It's pretty common Tbh. And it's really annoying..
>>
>>16785405
Dude save cash n chill till you get some decent savings

People making fun is only if you burn yourself out.

Guy " where do you live op " some old folk I rent for for cheap

Girls " let's go fuck at your place" naw lets go to your and have a blast

She's not taking that.

Ok let's stop at a motel
>>
>>16785467
You shouldn't have to defend your choice. If they keep pressing you then you can but it really shows a lack of character on their part. As for what to say to them I'm really not sure because I've never had anyone negatively judge me for it. The coworkers I have that know I live at home, who are around 30-40, don't seem to care and if they do they don't ever say anything. Mostly they envy the fact that I can save lots of money and have a healthy relationship with my mom.

If I was backed into a corner over it I guess my response would be something like "and? who cares..." or just "okay..." then ignore them. Like I said it speaks volumes as to what kind of person they are if they are going to judge you over something as trivial as that. It's pointless to associate with assholes.
>>
>>16785485

>stop at a motel

That sounds kind of sketchy to be honest
>>
>>16785494
It sounds like you're cheating on your spouse...
>>
>>16785405

it kinda depends. if it was weird, would it matter? whats it matter if it is wierd if you live the life the way you want to?

if i had your position, id stick it out. thats a lot of money to put away, even if you are putting away only half of that a year, after 3 years you could buy a nice house, or put a down payment on a REALLY nice house and pay the rest off like normies do.

others may judge, but if they really are important to your life, it wont matter, it'll be a passing weirdness like learning you eat vegetables on peanut butter sandwiches. just a quirk.

and hwen in doubt, lie.

>you live with your mom
>well yeah, after my dad left she had no way to support herself. we've talked about her selling the house and downsizing, but right now her credit isn't so good so even if she did it'd be hard to find a good place. so im keeping her afloat and helping her with bills. another two years and she'll be ready to live on her own. its the least i can do considering she really only got that bad credit putting me through college

when people here that you are more noble. its not that you live iwth your mom, she essentially lives with you. relies on you. and at the same time you can add

>its great cuz even after what i pay on her place, i put away a LOT of money, so when she does find a new place i'll be able to buy a house like what other people with my pay can afford just cuz i can knock off half of the pay immediately and not worry about the interest rates of it all.
>>
>>16785504

I'm not married or in a relationship, lol? What?
>>
>>16785528
lol I wasn't implying you were but if someone had to tell a girl/guy "hey let's just get a room at a hotel" You'd wonder what they were trying to hide... or maybe that's just me. That's how I see it as being sketchy.

Unless you guys were drunk in the city and there was a hotel nearby. That would be different.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.