[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For girls: What kind of modifier, out of 10 is 'balding'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

File: balding.jpg (6KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
balding.jpg
6KB, 186x271px
For girls: What kind of modifier, out of 10 is 'balding' to you? is it a -2? For example, if the same guy who is a 6 becomes a 4 if he is balding. Details please. I'm balding and if noticed an enormous decline in success with girl, so I'm sure its something very serious.

Lets not come to exceptions - the are a few guys who are better looking when balding. this is a very rare phenomenon, so it is girls that prefer bald guys.

This is 4chan, the land of truth, Remember
>>
>>16785164
It's only sexy if you're a carpenter.
>>
balding is probably a -2 as you said, it just makes you look sad and weak

completely bald is probably -1 except if it looks good on you
>>
My boyfriend is balding and its very noticeable.

Doesn't really affect my attraction to him either way. In fact if he did have hair I'd find him less recognizable.
>>
baldING is -5
being BALD is anywhere from a -2 to a +5
>>
Yeah balding is not attractive and signifies ill health/genetics.
>>
>>16785193
but you would prefer him to have hair
>>
it just depends, man.
>>
it totally depends on the person. There are some people who look more attractive with less hair, and some that look worse.

It's kind of like aging. Some people look more dignified as they get older, some people just look worse
>>
It really depends for me. Some guys look really nice bald, and others really bad. It depends on your face.

The pic of a bald guy isn't exactly attractive, but then I prefer my men clean-shaven.

>I'm bi though, not a chick

>>16785206
Since balding doesn't actually have any medical risks associated to it, it's hardly poor genetics.
>>
>>16785744
Who the hell prefers old people?

And baldness is a huge sign of oldness
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 589x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 589x800px
In 99% of the cases it's just ugly af. I could only tolerate this in a guy i'm already madly in love since a long time. Iow my husband when he gets old. Men age like wine my ass. Instant boner killer. Maybe -5
>>
bump - I doubt there are only few females lurking adv.
>>
It depends on the girl, and depends on what the guy looks like.

Some girls are totally into it, some girls find it a huge turn off.
>>
>>16785729
Only because it would make him feel better about it. I could care less personally but he does get insecure.
>>
>>16786522

Male counterpoint here: With my head shaved with 00s, I get laid a lot more than I do with hair 1-2 inches long.

So maybe don't believe everything you read

But I'm not balding so take it how you will
>>
>>16785164
Nothing sadder than man holding on to his balding hair.

Go full bald and rock a Jason Statatham
>>
>>16787452
>But I'm not balding
HUGE difference
>>
I've never considered it as a straight negative. If a man is unattractive and doing a massive combover, then that adds to unattractiveness.

I think it's about how YOU feel. If you feel it's a negative, then that will reflect in your confidence level.
>>
>>16785164
I would just shave my head if i started balding. That shit aint coming back
>>
it looks better on some guys than others but it doesnt affect my opinion really. i think you will find the older and more experienced a woman is, the less baldness bothers her.
>>
>>16788529
Really? Is it just a coincidence that older women also happen to have fewer options(are WAY less attractive) and are FORCED by nature to date older men?

Really, girls.. Is it there something hardwired on your brains keeping you from being honest?
>>
>>16785164
Its genetic hair loss in my family on both sides and I've begun to get grey hair, what should I do?
>>
>>16788841

Shave it.

I am 24 years, and was balding. This exact night I shaved my remain hair off. Still haven't looked in the mirror. But I hope things will look better for me now.
>>
>>16785164
Don't worry about being bald. Just keep your hair short and your good. If a girl won't date you because your bald. Don't worry about her. Almost 100% chance if you had hair she still wouldn't date you. She would make up another reason not to date you.
>>
>>16788841
Drastically lower your standards
>>
>>16788841
Don't ever reproduce.
>>
If you're balding get on propecia ASAP

This shit needs to be taught in schools like checking for cancer. Caught quickly it can generally be completely cured.
>>
>>16785164
To be honest any 'new' bald guy would lose in my eyes to a guy with hairy guy, but I have a friend who claims to be balding and he shaves his hair clean from time to time - and I don't mind it al all. I adore that guy and I find him equally attractive with or without hair

Like some anons said, balding is the worst. It's ok to be hairy and it's ok to be bald but being inbetween makes you look shitty. So I'd say it's better to shave it off
>>
>>16790804

I'm a bit concerned about getting prostate cancer.
>>
As a baldING guy who shaves it short, I had little success with women before I started balding. When I started losing it I went from little success to no success. So I stopped caring, started to shave it to the bone and now, while I aint some poonhound, I do get alot of interested parties. If I took better care of myself which I absolutely do not, I'd probably find even more success.

Some women like it, some don't. I like it though and thats what really matters to me. Infact I find that the majority of older women don't like it while the younger women love it.

Makes me think younger women want mature looking men while older women want younger. Possibly wrong but this is my own experience.

Also get to fuck with that thrustin' fuckboy hairdo's that are rampant right now. Bunch of bieber looking cunts.
>>
I'm 23 and find balding a big turnoff. Completely bald is less handsome too. I like nice hairstyles. But if my boyfriend of several years started balding I wouldn't care. I think it can be a barrier to meeting new women but not a problem in a long term relationship. But also, because women tend to be most attracted to guys in their age range, as more and more men in your age group start to bald, the less of an issue it'll be for women your age.

The worst thing possible for a balding guy is the look in OP's picture, having a completely bald head but long, hairy sides. That is an instant female boner killer, but if you shave the sides it's less so.
>>
Look man if your balding shave it and wax it.

Play the part that this is your new look.

It makes you look more aggressive.

And if you are then it goes well

If your not agressive then I suggest you work out a bit.

It will give you a bit of testosterone and make you more agressive and you'll look the part.

Girls like are picky but you'll just have to come at them differently.

See a lion doesn't randomly hunt the gazelles he waits at the watering hole sees them then they pounce.
>( bitches that don't like the look but your other qualities outshine that.)

Even then if the lion sees one that let their gaurd down they got a meal assured.
>( bitches that like the look)
>>
The first problem is that you're trying to reduce attraction to math. That never works.

The second problem is that no one really knows exactly how bad going bald is. The problem is that the circumstances surrounding baldness often have such big effects in their own right that you can't tell what part of the effect actually comes from baldness, and what part comes from theae side circumstances.

For example, it's well known that insecurity about going bald is WAY worse than baldness itself. It's so bad, in fact, that any issues from actually going bald vanish into the margin of error by comparison. Men who go to great lebgths to disguise their baldness are ridiculed for this reason: not because they're bald (though the worda sonetines take that form), but because they're insecure.

At the other end of the scale, men who become comfortable in their baldness often find whole new degrees of confidence in it. Consider Patrick Stewart, or Michael Jordan, or any of hundreds of other famous bald men. It would be inaccurate to say that they stopped caring about their hair, but they did stop seeing baldness as something worth worrying about. They are also remembered as some of the most powerful, charismatic voices of their time, and it would be silly to assert that this was caused by their baldness. Rather it was born of the same tools that allowed them to make peace with their baldness.

The bottom line, OP, is that you need to make peace with your baldness. Do something with your hair: you don't have to shave it all off (though that is an option), but you shouldn't fight a bettle you can't win. Find something that works with what you have (or shave it). This will offset whatever damage going bald might do.
>>
>>16790815
I went from some success to almost zero success after balding(and i cut it very short), specially with younger women. Now, frequently, when they see me approaching they leave before i have any chance to speak something. I guess baldness makes you look at least 5 years older, and thats a huge problem because older women are very unnatractive(same for older.men i guess)
>>
How do hair genetics get passed on? In my family, the males have very good hair. My grandpa still has full hair at age 75. They get gray hairs rather soon, but i think that's attractive. However, my bf's dad has male pattern baldness and his brother is shaving his head (he's 28.) i assume because his hair has started to get lighter.
Is there a chance that our sons could get away with the hair from my side of the family?
>>
>>16790917
I think it passes through the mother, so if your brothers, and mother's brothers, and so on have good hair there's a chance you have the gene for not balding, and your sons will inherit that.
>>
>>16785206
balding deterioating health because of stress yea
balding because of bad genetics....dumbest thing I read here in a while. Guys get bald in like 5 out of 6 cases fuck it even girls get bald with old age.
Sure there are 30y/o that are balding but most of them i know are healthy as fuck
>>
>>16791000
It's scientifically proven - google DHT, a byproduct of testosterone.

Unfortunately, being susceptible to DHT does not mean that you are alpha as fuck.
>>
>>16788758
I can't speak for anybody else, but for myself (I am 39): There might be some of the "diminishing options" thing going on for some women. People also tend to pick partners that reflect their self-worth, so maybe an aging lady who finds herself attracted to aging guys is seeking out validation.

I'm married and not worried about my options, but as I get older I still find guys my age attractive. Guys that would have looked hot to me 20 years ago still look hot but too young somehow. I remember Sharon Osborne said about young guys "you don't know whether to fuck them or give them a glass of milk" which sums it up. And guys I would have found attractive-ish but too old in my college years look better to me now.
>>
Don't listen to people when they say shave your head. Your not fooling anybody walking around looking like Mr. Clean. People still know your bald. Worst thing is to shave your head and grow a beard.
>>
>>16791038
Who the hell wants to fuck old women?
What they think doesn't matter...

Young girls -hate- balding guys.

-Baldness is unattractive by itself
-It makes you look way older and then out of her target age range.

Go bald and you're out.

Sell your soul if you have to, but avoid getting bald.
>>
>>16791055
Why?
>>
>>16791055
It's not about fooling anybody. It's that having a bald head but hairy sides is incredibly ugly and a boner killer for women.
>>
>>16791084
Save for fetishes, no one wants to fuck old women OR old men. If you're balding you're showing signs of being an old man. But old men who aren't balding are still unattractive, no one wants a guy who looks like he's her dad, and guys who aren't movie stars start aging badly by the time they hit their 30s, much like women.
>>
I know a 20 year old who is severely balding and his girlfriend is hot. I dont think girls look at guys as x/10 like we look at them.
>>
>>16791084
>Who the hell wants to fuck old women?
Guys who don't want to put up with young women's immature shit? IDK, my husband doesn't seem to have any problem fucking me. How old is old anyway? 40? 60? Someone must be fucking them, because almost 80% of the 50-60 bracket is getting laid at least once a month.

http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v18/n4/fig_tab/3901440t5.html

Hell, I know a lady who remarried in her 70s, and I had an aunt who got a boyfriend (older than her) while living in senior housing. I didn't follow them around or ask them if they fucked or anything, but they seemed as happy together as any other couples. I didn't get a sense of "I'm only with this person so I don't die alone" or anything off them.

I'm not gonna pretend that wrinkles, sags, weird fat pockets, random hairs, and random farts are sexy. But the older you get, the less they matter, if only because you're having to get used to them in yourself to it's easier to overlook them in others.
>>
what about balding on top, but with a ponytail
>>
>>16791144
Usually screams "aging hippie" or "aging roadie." I used to see a therapist who was balding and had a ponytail, but I wouldn't have considered him attractive because I don't have a fetish for hippie Santas.
>>
>>16790982
neat
>>
You'll never be jason stathom dicking rosie huntington whitely whilst sporting a severe case of obvious balding

>feels like im the only one who notices it
>rosie probably has daddy issues
>>
>>16788414
>I can see the difference between a bald guy and a bald guy

k
>>
Balding is a huge turn off, but being bald can be attractive. If you're balding, suck it up and shave it off. Being bald is way better than having patchy hair.
>>
I'm balding and to me I feel it makes me a -20, but then again I see guys way balder than me with hot girls all the time, and its not like they have spectacular faces to make up for it either. I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot unless you really let it destroy your self-esteem like I do.
>>
>>16791106
>no one wants a guy who looks like he's her dad
If he is rich enough, they won't care
>>
>>16791453
A very small minority of gold diggers are willing to do that. Most attractive young girls want attractive young guys. If you're rich you could just as well buy access to a young prostitute, same outcome.
>>
>>16785206
>>16785206
hey retard you do know that for 99% of human history most people didnt live past 30 in the first place right? and that most died before showing signs of baldness right?
>>
>>16785164
Protip: if you're balding apparently just shave your entire head. it's better than having only half a head of hair. besides you may be able to pull off that look, who knows? some men look really hot with shaved heads
>>
Pic related, wear your baldness with pride.

(although he later shaved everything, I really wonder why)

Or start to wear a hat/beanie/anything and make this part of your look. Beanies are like googles for bald people.
>>
>>16791760
People keep telling me I look like him
>>
Is balding still -5 even if you keep a super low hair cut. Like its not a baldspot. Just thin hair.
>>
>>16788995
This anon reporting in again.

Well, I have looked into the mirror now, and I gotta admit that it does not look baaaaad. I still wish I had a full head of hair, but I can live with it.

And if I can admit that going full bald is not overly terrible, OP - then believe me, YOU can do that as well. It even has additional advantages, showering and dyring the hair is super-fast now.
>>
I have diffuse general thin hair on the top, and I lost the will to live.
I also thought of suicide.
The only fact that keeps me alive is that my hairline isn't receding.
What can I do?
How do I cope with it?
>>
>>16791955
Suicide, because of hair loss? Sounds like an angsty teenager.
>>
>>16792158
I know it sounds silly, but how would you live knowing you're totally unattractive to the opposite sex and the only thing you'll get will be some used leftover who will use me?
Life isn't fair; life gave to me a big head and a weak chin. I used to have hair hiding my forehead and I liked it, but I have to admit that my hair almost sucked.
I don't believe in "hurr confidence is everything" and I don't know what to do with my life if I'll be forced to shave.
>>
I started balding 5 years ago, lost all my confidence. Only fucked 3/10s and generally felt like shit. Buzzed my hair, started working out, got in shape and now I'm getting 6/10s who are 10 years younger.
>>
I never got laid until I started balding; I was literally a virgin.

I got a small bald spot, all my friends saying it wasn't even noticeable, but I shaved it all after that. I use clippers on my head every morning at the most close shave I can.

The moment I took clippers to my head, girls were all over... I'm not joking. I see girls look at me all the time, try to talk to me, and when I go to a party it takes just minutes for a girl to be grinding on me.

Obviously, I am having a hard time adjusting to this drastic change (I only shaved this summer), but I am never, ever having hair again.

Also, some younger girls have rejected me for my bald head, but they are almost always below age 20 and very judgmental and stupid in general. I'm 24.

A close female friend (who I only got this year... like all my friends are hot girls now), told me that bald doesn't matter; hot guys are hot, period.
>>
>>16792292

Also, one of the most important things about this is that I was never down on myself for being bald after I buzzed it. As a matter of fact, I loved it so much that I pretty much started walking around like I was 10x better looking than I really am.

I know this sounds silly, but girls can smell confidence, and lack of confidence, a mile away. They can see it in the way you walk, they way you talk, everything. Learn to manipulate those aspects about yourself to appear like you're confident.

Why do girls love confidence? They love it because if you're confident, it must be for a reason, and that implies high value. Everything in life revolves around this concept; value.
>>
File: graph.jpg (34KB, 882x340px) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
34KB, 882x340px
>>16791141
>my husband doesn't seem to have any problem fucking me
Thats because he has no option. The same reason older women stop caring about baldness.

Ok cupid has tons of data on this, and it shows very clearly men of all ages prefer women of age 20.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/40157-okcupid-says-men-are-most-attracted-to-20-year-olds-and-heres-why-it-totally-doesnt-matter

Check the graph on my post, I agree with it.

>>16791106
There it is. The truth. Mainly due to skin issues (which cannot be worked out)

The only few men who apparently look well when completely bald usually:
-Have a nice face, specially a strong jaw
-Nice head shape
-Are fit

Which already eliminates 95% of the men,

And *no one* looks well with the horseshoe shaped hair.
>>
>>16792355

I have a nice head shape and a strong jawline, so that is a lot of it. Also, a strong brow is very important too.
>>
>>16792368
agree about the brow
>>
I have friction-caused alopecia. So my hair looks thinner on the very top of my head and unchanged elsewhere on it. I'm hoping it grows back, but it's looking pretty bleak now. The follicles might've been damaged. It's been 3 months already. Does this make me less attractive to women?
>>
>>16792354
Bruh confidente matters!!1
Probably you're just good looking.
>>
>>16792189
Dude, I am

>>16791823
I have to live with poor genetics as well, so get a grip.
>>
Was mostly bald by 24, from really bad stress at that time in my life. The stress is gone and I've adopted a very healthy lifestyle, but I'm bald. I wear a hair piece and get laid all the time now (age 27). I recommend. It's affordable if you know what you're doing and virtually undetectable.
>>
>>16792510
Hair piece - nah.
I don't plan on staying bald forever, but right now I have worse things to take care of. After that, I might undergo an operation to transplant some of my remaining hair on my head again. For me, it's important that it's my own hair, and that it's stuck in my scalp.

Hair piece just wouldn't be mine - it would feel fake and unnatural. I think. I never tried it out. But then again, I don't WANT to try it out.
>>
>>16792534
Well, it's true, it's not genetically your hair, but since you've purchased it, it IS yours, no? At least that's what I tell myself, hah. Point is, I'm being results-based. I'm doing it to get attention from the opposite sex, which I value more than the weirdness of using someone else's hair. But you're right, it's not for everyone. Best of luck, and maybe look into a product like toppik to get you by until you go the transplant route.
>>
>>16790801
But I want too.
>>
>>16792602
>but since you've purchased it, it IS yours, no?

I'd own it, but it wouldn't be mine. I didn't grow it, and it's thus not part of my body.

Hair - yes, please, but I am only willing to go so far. I want to be able to go with my hand through my hair and have the feeling that it is MY hair. I should also say that I have always had long hair, and in my youth I used to do that all the time - just going through my hair, because it felt that awesome.

I don't think an artificial hair piece would have the same feeling. It would have to be MY hair.

But that's so far of in the future ... and right now, I can do with the bald look, for the time being. It's also not as if I could get an operation just like that - I do have lost a great deal of hair, but it's not enough to transplant it yet.
>>
>>16792510
I don't know why, the concept of a hair piece sounds very shameful for my. I'd never use one. I don't understand it because theoretically I think it should be not different from fake tits, which I don't find shameful at all. I suspect its because is removable..
>>
>>16792445

If I was extremely good looking, I would not have been a virgin who no girls pay any attention to at all. Shaving my head made me 10x more confident about myself, plus it looks good.

>>16792510

That's pathetic; any girl who learns that is going to look down on you. Be a fucking man and embrace your body and how you look, and own it. That's what attracts girls.
>>
>>16792934
I'm rolling around in vagina and look awesome. I also don't give a shit about whether some girl looks down on me for a cosmetic choice I've made. Fuck 'em. I'm having a great time, and I don't give a rat's balls if I don't fit your concept of 'being a man', buddy.
>>
>>16792433
Sure. Just explain to them and suddenly you magically go from unnatractive to attractive
>>
What it does is it makes you look older.
For some, that can be a good look, it makes them seem mature and dignified.
For others, it makes them look pathetic and sad.
Depends on things like your body, your facial structure, your overall "look"
>>
File: 20151125_223247.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20151125_223247.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Well, this is a friend of mine
Despite being the king of manlets and a bit fat , when he decided to get his head shaved, he even looked like a normal person.
>>
>>16794353
Guess again, I've got plenty of other factors that make me unattractive...so inn still screwed, but thanks for assuring me this won't be another to add to the list.
>>
>>16794380
>>16794380
>>16794380
haha what??? no he doesn't. he looks weird as fuck
>>
>>16785174
noice meem
>>
>>16794363
I think >>16795614 was being sarcastic, anon.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.