[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need to start eating healthier every day all i eat if frozen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Need to start eating healthier
every day all i eat if frozen pizzas and other frozen products
and lots of junk food
trying to eat healthier by eating fruit and more unprocessed meats
but im thinking of just dropping all the crap i usually eat
i also drank about 2litres of coke a day
i stopped for a few weeks
and started drinking more water
coke makes me sick now
hoping thats a good thing
wondering what kind of diet to eat
foods that are good and filling but are healthy or at least not that bad for you
>>
Rice is good, and easy to cook.
>>
>>16784536
it sounds like youre on the right path, just keep on it
>>
>>16784639
im already kinda skinny,
i feel if i eat completely healthy and cut out all
the usual crap i might become too skinny
>>
>>16784536

if you arent well versed in fruits and veggies, go to the market and buy one of every single fruit you can. same with veggies. over the next week try out what you like and what you dont, and make a list of what to buy more of when you return.

i grew up on veggies, but virtually no fruit. in addition the veggies were limited. my parents never gave me brussel sprouts or asparagus.

so i tried it all when i decided to eat healthier. learned i love plums, nectarines, soft fruits, and asparagus and brussel sprouts and spinach.

then once you know hwat you like, just pack bags. i would bring a bunch of carrots, some brocolli, a plum, an apple, etc. to work. by 2pm id have had less than 500 calories. crazy. on top of that, all the vitamins and nutrients. i was surprised how different life is when your body gets what it needs.

for dinner id just alternate. steak, ground beef, chicken, pork, and fish. id try different recipes with each.

as for desserts, mixing fruits was the best bet. maybe granola with yogurt as well. but if you absolutely feel you need to something cake like to get through it, bake your own. from scratch. yes sugar isn't exactly healthy, but you arent loading up on all the random ass gross shit in things like store bought twinkies. an all natural cake is at the very least, all natural.

on top of that as long as your body gets the vitamins and nutrients of fruits, veggies, and meat you will be fine.
>>
>>16784663
thanks that helps
>>
>>16784639
>>16784663

in regards to calories you have a few options. namely meat. meat is calorie dense. at least a lot more so than fruits and veggies are. a pound of steak has 1000 calories.

healthy is a pretty broad term. most people think low calorie, but thats not really the case. as we know coke zero is like 24 fucking calories but also worse than regular soda for you in many ways.

so something like 'mashed potatos' made with butter and sour cream may not seem health conscious, but really, how bad is it for you? what in it is hurting you, other than calories? but if you need calories, why not eat it? as long as you're getting the vitamins and nutrients you need, and arent overloading on the weird acids found in things like cheetoes and soda, whats the harm?

pasta is a great way to get calories. noodles and sauces themselves aren;t inherently healthy, but if you arent worried about weight gain then you dont need to worry too much about them. especially if you go with wheat noodles, and get more organic sauces (im pretentious, so i shop for em at trader joes. taste less plastic and less sweet too)

the key to maintaining any diet though is having the food around you, which is often food prep. if you go to wokr for 8 hours and dont bring a lunch, you are more inclined to buy whatevers around, which is often unhealthy. even snacking gets dangerous.

i tend to prepare and pack all of my meals for the week on either sunday or monday. im on a bulk so having meats to eat cooked from home saves me money on top of adhering to my diet.

just buy a bunch of fruits, divvy it up for throughout the week in bags, then take the bag with you to work each day.
>>
>>16784675
>>16784672

one last tip, if yuo find veggies you like, try mixing em wherever possible.

I LOVE corn (though i hear claims that you dont digest corn at all or get any nutrients from it so do with that what you will) so i tend to mix it in if im having white rice or mashed potatos or what have you.

i am also very obsessed with spinach, so i put it on top of everything. i put it in my sauces, i put it on top of my pizzas, i put it in my soups.

it adds flavor and gives me some extra nutrients.
>>
>>16784536
Stop eating much fat ass
>>
>>16784663
>>16784675
>>16784681
appreciate you taking your time to type it up
will definitely try to follow all the points
>>
>>16784681
CORN IS NOT A FUCKING VEGETABLE YOU HEALTH-ILLITERATE RETARD. IT IS A GRAIN, ABOUT AS GOOD FOR YOU AS WHITE RICE (IE JUST CALORIES FROM CARBS)
>>
how many cups of coffee a day is acceptable before it becomes too much?
>>
>>16784675
>>16784701

ALSO PASTA (WITH OR WITHOUT SAUCE) SHOULD BE A SOMETIMES ONLY FOOD (YES, IT IS *GREAT* FOR GETTING CALORIES, BUT MOSTLY EMPTY CARBS).

Whenever you eat grains (rice, bread, pasta) make sure it is whole wheat and preferably multi grain, *not* white at all. Wild rice is good and so are often-unused grains such as barley, quinoa, etc.

> Captcha: noodles
>>
>>16784711
Two, I would say. If you want a replacement, try tea (caffeinated and caffeine-free varieties)
>>
>>16784672
>>16784672

another other tip, a very healthy way to keep up with calories is avacado. its got like 300 calories per avacado, which is more than others like apples or bananas that have like 100. they are also delicious as fuck.
>>
>>16784701

i never did much research on corn of all things, i admit. i used it as an example but even then i mentioned how some say its got no nutritional value to humans, so its not like i said 'EAT CORN TO GET HEALTHY MATE'

but thanks for clearing that up for us in the most sane way possible.

>>16784717

>but mostly empty carbs

sure, but if you are already getting all the nutrition you need, and just need to add on calories for maintenance, whats wrong with it? will the carbs kill you? the advice was strictly for 'on top of already eating only fruits and veggies and needing to get extra calories' with recommendation on wheat and organic, so i dont know why you're caps locking like i just said 'LUL PASTA HEALTHY'

calm down nigga.
>>
Dropping coke is a huge advance.

Just don't eat food that comes in a bag. anything else is mostly fine.

Mines:

Morning: Orange juice + a little cereal
Lunch:(between university and work) beef/chicken milanesa sandwich with tomatoes, onions and letucce. When is not uni day is just random.
Afternoon: Fruit salad (could be replaced with a apple or a banana)
Dinner: Meat/chicken with potatoes
Night snack: Tea+Milk and some cookies

I only eat pasta once a week.

185cm and 88kg, i run and lift at home.
>>
>>16784854

What do you drink with meals?
>>
>>16784866
Mostly Water.
I have 1 beer on saturday
I drink 2-3 liters of coke PER WEEK
>>
>>16784866

water. always fucking water. why not water? water is love. water is life. water is literally life. you dont need to drink anythign else once ur not a toddler.

trust me water is fucking amazing. i have a weird obsession with it (drinking wise, hard to convince me to swim or any of that sea monster shit). but its the best. its the reason life exists on this planet.

drink at least half a gallon a day. get some ice in there. try drinking it out of a metal cup. its soooo fucking good.

and when in doubt, soak a LOT of fucking fruit in water for a few days. my friend recommended this. im hoping it will be good with lemons cuz i used to drink lemonade like most people drank sodas.
>>
>>16784881

>2-3 liters of coke per week

jesus christ idk how you people do this. even when i was younger 1 soda week was enough.

now as an adult i tend to do one a month. maybe two. not drinking it so often makes it taste a LOT better. its an experience and i love it. especially a cream soda.

but if i had 3 liters of coke a week... thats a LOT of soda mate.
>>
>>16784889
It's not a LOT mate, c'mon...

A lot is drinking it everynight, like they do is most of american households that don't drink milk. I also don't drink coffe.
>>
>>16784893

>a lot is drinking it every night

2 liters of soda is the equivelent to 5.6 cans of soda.

which is almost 1 can of soda a day. as in, drinking it every night. and thats assuming you max out at just 2 liters.

you say its not a lot unless you're drinking it every night, but 3 liters of soda a week is more than a can a day. so sure, maybe you only binge on it 2 or 3 nights a week, but thats still the equivelent of drinking MORE than a can a day. thats still a lot. even at 2 liters, that is a lot.

i know calories arent really an issue for everyone definitely not for me, but soda is just a series of horrifying acids breh. i do implore you to go down to a can a week.

>i also dont drink coffee

thank god.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 288x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 288x323px
Head over to /ck/. They've got everything you need to know about cooking, and a few starter recipients.

I'm personally fond of the mixed-vegetable rolls my gf makes, but something like beef stew or vegetable chili is a good all-round option.

In the interim, try buying some lentil/veggie stew in a can, the sort you get at the store, and heat that up and mix with rice. It's tasty, filling, healthy, and above all, simple.
>>
>>16784536
Jesus christ man, 2 liters of coke a day? How do you not have diabetes? I feel sick after one can of soda. Good on you, brah. Try to start exercising too.
>>
you should move to another country lol
I lived in America for a while and I realised that it was cheaper to just eat crap. Where I live now(argentina) it's actually quite the opposite. It's much more expensive to buy pre-cooked food, frozen food, or eat at fast food restaurants, than to buy the raw ingredients yourself and cook.

What we do still drink here is a lot of Coca Cola, but I try to drink only water.Coke is crap, it's full of sugar. If you want to eat just healthy(not trying to lose weight, just eat healthy) I'd recommend you to eat a lot of lean meat, vegetables(mashed potatoes are very filling) and pasta. If you are trying to lose weight, eat lean meat with raw vegetables and without the pasta. Fruit is good but vegetables are better since they don't contain sugar. Never eat anything that has sugar!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.