[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here hate when people drop vague hints around you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: explanationwhoneedsone3.jpg (192KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
explanationwhoneedsone3.jpg
192KB, 1024x1024px
Anyone else here hate when people drop vague hints around you instead of just being honest and direct? Anyone else deliberately ignore said hints the second someone emits them, and either act dumb or that what they're saying at face value is their actual intent (until they come out with what they actually mean)?

For me, I LITERALLY cannot think of more insincere, dishonest, untrustworthy, condescending, cruel, and insulting way to communicate to a person. I'd honestly prefer having death threats sent to me and my family (and maybe those threats genuinely being followed up on) than to have those who think that dropping *subtle* hints is a valid, respectful means of communication.

It just makes it difficult to trust not only them, but future people you meet. It makes it impractical to not be suspicious of any individual soul you see. Always leaving you at the height of your scepticism and dubiety whenever someone new introduces themselves to the room. And sometimes ruins whatever relationship you have with a person who turns out to be loose, flaccid, and indirect with their words.

ANYWAY, ENOUGH VENTING!!!

What's a good way to screw with people who constantly drop hints they believe others can read? Aside from willfully disregarding them and pretending otherwise? There should be some good ways to IRL troll some dishonest folk, no?
>>
Hate to be /r9k/ here, but I find the "constantly drop hints until they get it" moda to be the normalfag version of social ineptitude.
>>
You call it cruel, but surely they have your best interests in mind and are trying not to embarrass you? I've always seen it as people trying to let you save face. I can see why you might think it's passive-aggressive bullshit though.
>>
100% guaranteed autist who translates discomfort with social habits into a criticism of what s/he can't understand.

Less anger, more practice.
>>
>>16783045
>You call it cruel, but surely they have your best interests in mind and are trying not to embarrass you?
People always do bad things with the best interests of others in mind.
>>
>>16783033
Yup. I hate this with a passion. My parents are like this and it makes me feel like they think I'm a moron who can be easily manipulated. We're also extremely distant and all socially retarded, so I tend to agree with >>16783043 that it's a sign of social ineptitude.
>>
>>16783047
>>16783045
It's just flat out lying to someone, and a person attack onto who they are.
>>
>>16783033
My roommate has a list above her bed of all the things I do that she dislikes. Of course she's never confronted me about a single one, and many of them are small or odd things that wouldn't be a big deal to the average person. It's insanely immature and childish
>>
>>16783064
post it just for shit and giggles
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.