[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do /adv/? >take shitty pizza delivery job >turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: american-crow.jpg (54KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
american-crow.jpg
54KB, 600x519px
What should I do /adv/?

>take shitty pizza delivery job
>turns out its shit
>quit
>take my money and live at home for 2 months or so, try looking for another job
>suddenly get carpal tunnel out of nowhere
>doctor is just letting my hands waste away
>family doesn't do anything but scream "GET A JOB"

what should I do, am I just fucked? Can I get any disability benefits?
>>
>quit job on a whim
>wonders why life has turned to shit
>>
>>16780155
Well said
>>
>>16780155
it was shit, the people who worked there were shit backstabbing motherfuckers, my back couldn't take riding around in the car for that long everyday. I'm looking to become a security guard but I've gotten into a deep depression lately that's made it hard to do anything. My mom says I can sign up for summer semester which would be nice, I really want to become a full time student for a while.
>>
>>16780175
....americans are so whiny baka
>>
>>16780175
So become a full time student? I don't understand, you know what you want to do, so fucking do it? Also you sound like way too much of a pansy to be a security guard. No wonder your parents want you to do something and stop leeching off them
>>
>>16780208
I'm not sure what to do, my carpal tunnel makes everything a million times harder than it should.
>>
I'm 20 btw, the hand pain makes everything way too difficult. Not sure what to do. I tried making an account for Social Security Benefits but it didn't work.
>>
>>16780320
Getting disability takes 2-3 years anyway.
>>
OK, one, stop crying. No one really cares THAT much, but some of us are willing to listen.

Two, you're not telling the whole story. Not a lot of this makes sense. A doctor isn't going to be "just letting my hands waste away" for no reason. His decisions might not match your desire, but what was his rationale? Doctors are specifically charged NOT to sit idly by and allow ill people to suffer. Hippocratic Oath and all, and apathy towards the ill is considered 'harm,' which they are forbidden to do.
So, something smells there. Maybe he or she didn't want to give you the medication you were seeking? Just a thought.

Two, I've got carpal tunnel. And arthritis, and nerve damage from some partially severed fingers when I was a kid, as well. I'm typing now, using a wrist band and a supportive pad. I work with my hands, all damn day, along with typing, picking my nose and writing. The pain is very manageable, but not convenient.
You've hopefully put down your clutching pearls and your hugging pillow now, so I'm also going to point out that you haven't said One. Single. Thing. about what you're trying to do to improve your health or address the problem.

Is it possible that your family and your doctor are not wrong in being less concerned about this than you are?

Well, now that you've gotten the bitter pill here, here's my suggestion: Go back to your doctor, tell him that the pain isn't getting better, and ask for physical therapy or any non-chemical means of making things better.

I wanted to be a doctor when I was young. My hands getting squished made that unlikely. I got over it. They've always been a hindrance, but what can you do? It's better than fucking being blind.
Don't expect sympathy for your problems, you're not a little girl. You can reasonably expect commiseration, and maybe empathy if you're not an asshole to your loved ones, but that's about it.

Your family IS correct, OP. You need a fucking job. Suck it up a bit.
>>
>>16781256
Well said. Don't let a minor disability rule who you are.
>>
see if you can get on disability due to your medical condition
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.