Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Post No. 16777971
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.
Bought a two bed property near London with my gf because we both work in the city. I have since got a job in the South East which starts in a couple of months and no longer need to live near London. Gf wants to become a student again in London and keep the flat because (i) mortgage payments are 1/3 the cost of renting and (ii) it has increased in value by 30% in the past 9 months.
Gf wants to make the relationship work but I have had enough and am ready to move on. No longer find her sexually attractive or feel like having sex with her - this is becoming increasingly obvious and more and more of an issue. Haven't told her this because I want to keep my options open until I decide what the fuck I am going to do. Parents live near job in South East and aren't home much.
The way I see it my options are:
1. Keep my mouth shut and make the most of it for now. Continue to live near London in owned property, benefit from lower outgoings and buy a car to go to and from work in South East. Could stay at parents during the week and go back to owned property weekends.
2. Tell her how I feel and end the relationship on good terms (if possible). Gf stays in property and I move out. She either pays full mortgage because it's still cheaper than renting or we rent out the second bedroom to cover my share and she lives with a tenant.
3. Rent entire property, we both rent separate properties and split the income from the tenants in our own property.
4. Sell the property and go our separate ways. I could probably buy a cheap/run down one bedroom flat with my share of the money in the South East. Failing that I would have to rent for a couple of years and build up a bigger deposit before buying again. Gf would have to rent near London.
5. Move back with my parents for a year or two, buy a car and save like crazy due to very low outgoings.