[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Did I miss something?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image5.jpg (241 KB, 1600x1072) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image5.jpg
241 KB, 1600x1072
So I live in an apartment complex with my roommate in a 2bed1bath, and my roommate plans to move on. I heard from my landlord that she has a 1bed1bath coming up in a few months and that the weekend-landlord (some older guy) would show me the room today. I arrived at the landlord's office just outside the door and I saw an elderly couple talking with him. I was there a few minutes before the scheduled showing and so I sat down on one of the chairs just outside the office.

Then my phone vibrates. I look at it and I recognize the number is coming from the landlord's room, and it's the weekend landlord calling me, not recognizing I was here already. I walk in and said "You called?" He then told me "Sorry, the room just got sold."

I'm aware I might sound a little crazy, but isn't something wrong here? I know that was an elderly couple who just signed the contract, but what if they have bad credit? Don't landlords normally check for that sort of thing? Shouldn't they have a nice house bought with their retirement funds?

Somehow I feel like I was gypped. Literally no chance to even look at the dang room.
>>
Yeah, and this says a lot about that landlord. You really want to deal with that guy for the next year?
>>
>>16776270
>what if they have bad credit?
You should scold the landlord for not knowing his business.
>>
>>16776279

Thing is, he's the weekend-landlord. The normal landlord is freakin' amazing and helpful, and I already live in this apartment complex so I know what it's like living here; amazing. Indoor AND outdoor pool, fitness center, indoor parking, furnished stuff and nice neighbors, it's really nice here.

>>16776283
I was tempted to but I wasn't sure if my thoughts were right. I just got off of work and didn't get much sleep last night.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 504096

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.