[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some serious advice Let me start by saying that I acknowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Image.png (121KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
121KB, 480x854px
I need some serious advice
Let me start by saying that I acknowledge the fact that my killing myself I would be being selfish, and a horrible person , and whatnot, but as of late, I've been seriously considering it. Ever since I was ten I've had family issues. My mom kicked my dad out, and it killed me to see the one person I love only once a week, and to see him financially struggling. My mom went batshit insane and she cut off everyone including my half sister who I loved so much and haven't heard from since I was fifteen. I missed both her and my dad every single day. So much so, I'd cry myself to sleep pretty frequently. When I was sixteen my dad passed away, and since then I've had no friends, and I haven't had a conversation with anyone except my teachers. My only brother also abused me physically and mentally. My brother is essentially my mom's idea of a perfect child, he gets perfect grades, he's on varsity football, and so far he's been accepted to three ivy league schools. I have virtually no talents, and I suck at math which has kept my grades lower than they should be, and I applied to seven colleges and I've been rejected by them all. I guess you could say I'm an academic failure, and I really don't want to be poor with a shitty job. I really wanted to major in political science, but that's just a dream now. The only thing that has been keeping me going is that my dad wouldn't want me to die. Part of me died when he did, and as much as I want to make him proud, without him I really don't think I can keep going. I have nothing to live for, nor do I have anyone to live for, thus the reason I feel like it's best that I just kill myself. My family has already made it clear that they wouldn't care. I just don't know why I haven't been able to bring myself to it. I guess would miss little things though, like running, or swimming, and seeing the sun rise or walking on the beach like my dad and I used to. Anyone been in a similar situation, or have advice?
>>
Gee idk
>>
>>16773754
>Has anyone been in a similar situation
I have, and my advice to you about the depression is this. It sucks, and it never really goes away. I think what helps is just to focus on something you really like or something you really want to learn or do. Develop it into a passion, and into something you can talk about. Honestly just having something your passionate about can help you make friends.

>rejected from colleges
Don't worry about it man. You're not stupid. Here's all you've got to do. Just apply to your local community college, and transfer to a bigger university later. It'll help you make friends which help pull you out of that feeling you have right now. I also find girls make better friends than guys just because you can talk to them about things like this. My best friends at uni are all girls.
>>
>>16773806
I am a girl actually =) and thanks, anon. I'll try. I guess my only opportunity is to go to community college. It's cheaper anyway.
>>
>>16773824
Best of luck OP. Goodnight.
>>
go to community college and transfer after your AA, it's much cheaper than going straight to a 4 year and you're a lot more likely to be accepted into uni with a complete AA (assuming you maintain a reasonable GPA)
>>
>>16773754
All I can say is that life is pretty good, even if you're poor. Don't worry about status (getting a degree, having money, etc.) There are people less deserving than the people you mention in your post who have more than you could ever imagine. I know it stings, but that's just life.

You may not have anyone to live for, but no one does. You have to live for yourself. Learn to love yourself.

Anyone who you want to have a relationship with, especially your half sister, reach out to them. If you want to build those bonds, go for it. It's never too late.
>>
See a therapist. And a psychiatrist.

There's really no good reason to kill yourself. You can forge new connections with people, make new friends, and feel better.

Can second >>16774000 too, CC is decent.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.