[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help. I want to become a true alpha male and be manly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: pop.jpg (33KB, 621x349px) Image search: [Google]
pop.jpg
33KB, 621x349px
I need some help. I want to become a true alpha male and be manly in general. I go to the gym, try to wear nice clothes, stand up straight, and these sorts of things, but i feel very fake. Also i suck at talking to people, most of the time they are predictable and boring, and i get this mixture of disinterest and lack of subjects to talk about. It pains me to small talk to people and i don't know what to do about it. I have good body language too, but i find it hard to make eye contact because that, to me, usually implies that i'm going to say something, and that goes back to the problem.

what do i do?
>>
...you have really bizarre priorities if you care about personifying some kind of alpha male bullshit.

Why not just be yourself and work on goals that at least make some sense/
>>
>>16766276
Because i don't want to be weak and lie to myself that i am being the best that i can. I want to be more manly and powerful.
>>
Fake it til you make it.
>>
>>16766320
How does one fake conversations, dude?
>>
>>16766296

You are now more manly and powerful, more than you ever thought, What now?
>>
>>16766342
Now i enjoy the perks of it and give back to my community in a more efficient way
>>
>>16766325
You just do. Its like playing a part in a movie.
>>
>>16766349
Usually they have a script for that. I don't think you're understanding the point.
>>
sounds like you have everything in order but the confidence. you just need to do something badass or win a fight or something. then maybe you wont feel like a tryhard anymore
>>
>>16766218
It sounds like you worry what people think about you alot. It's a hard habit to kick. You're also clearly analyzing your own body language and mannerisms pretty intensely. That's ok at the beginning, but eventually you have to let go a little more.

For example--if you're sitting with some friends or a girl and there's a lull in the conversation, some might think
>It's really quiet right now. I should say something. But I don't want to sound awkward. omg I'm being so awkward. They must hate me now.

But why? Why not enjoy that moment of silence? Look around and let your thoughts wander for a moment. You're not obliged to entertain anyone or make lots of silly small talk. You might not realize it, but you are often predictable and boring too, and that's ok.

If you are comfortable, people will be at ease around you. You don't need to be domineering.

Not saying I'm some ultra alpha male but I think people see me as pretty calm and self possessed. Which is not always true, but I've gotten good at "fake it til you make it".

Also, instead of talking about lame bullshit, talk to people about their families. Their goals and their ideas about life. Tell them about yours. Listen and even care if you can. Instead of filling dead space, think of yourself as the older brother checking in, making sure all your siblings are doing well.
>>
>>16766218
Watch Birdman if you want to see how the alphas are
>>
You're lacking selfesteem. Look into cbt worksheets.
My bf's a lot like you. He's big and broad and fit af. He's got very alpha bodylanguage and is decent at small talk. But that's where it usually stops. It took me a while to figure him out. I think his awkward side is beyond cute, but i guess he's really insecure about himself. But meh, aren't most people to some degree?
>>
>>16767657
To clarify: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, not Cock/ Ball Torture
>>
>>16766218
You are FOLLOWING an ideal imposed on you by the society. You cannot ever become a leader (alpha by definition), if you keep following.

Find out what is the different between you dreams and social ideals. Then go after your dreams. Be like a beacon that draws people near, because you put superhuman effort into pursuing something else than fucking attention and social status.

Yes, to attract people you have to focus on something else, something worthwhile. The funny part is, if you ever reach that point, you won't even notice or care much about the attention you have. Just like real alphas don't.
>>
>>16766296
Forget buzzwords like alpha male and instead aim to be the person you want to be. Set goals for yourself and plan how you tackle them one after another.

Keep stepping away from your comfort zone and try your best to avoid the supernormal stimuli and focus on what is real. Supernormal stimuli is everywhere these days and causes most people procrastinate which is why most people these days are just simply lazy compared to people from 20's 30's. Everyone is looking for that easy way out of everything, don't be like them and accept the truth and do the hard work.

If you manage to do this consistency you'll start to notice how some people will simply fall below you and this will do wonders for your confidence. However be prepared as you'll likely make some enemies and grow distant from some people in this path. Sometimes you need to be selfish and crush some dreams to achieve your own.
>>
>>16766218

You sound insecure and fearful, just like every other dude obsessed with being Alpha Male Supreme. There's no list of things you can do that will make you feel powerful if you still lack faith in yourself deep down. Actually *being* powerful requires a whole suite of abilities, one of which is knowing how to work with people. If you think people are boring it's probably because you suck at conversation and don't know how to build on small talk to create rapport. You also may have such narrow interests that it's difficult to find common ground. Expanding your horizons in general and working to becoming better at conversation, among other things, would help.

You'll feel better about yourself and life in general if you forget about being Alpha Male and just try to be a good person.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.