[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is joining the military the only way to become a man these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: military.jpg (460KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
460KB, 1600x1067px
Is joining the military the only way to become a man these days?

In every other walk of life, men are persecuted for being men (you're expected to accept having women bosses, despite the fact it is completely unnatural for women to try and be in charge of men)

Literally, it's like the world wants everyone to be a fucking fag these days
>>
File: tumblr_n4pgy4kk1z1tv612co2_400.gif (973KB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4pgy4kk1z1tv612co2_400.gif
973KB, 350x188px
>>
>>16762186
No, being a farmer makes you a man
>>
You do realize you could end up with a woman for a boss in the military too, right?

>there are female army rangers, even
>gender-integrated boot camps

It's a shame the military is less sexist than you are.
>>
>>16762193
I hope so because it bothers me how masculinity has been eroded and there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING we can do to fucking stop it.

>>16762202
Yeah that's also probably a pretty manly job to be fair
>>
>>16762209
You could get a female boss yes but it's far less likely. In the military they allow women to do a job if they're capable of doing it but they don't do equality for the sake of equality, which is good. They realise, for instance, that women don't have what it takes to be front line soldiers.

In senior roles it is mostly men, so it's most likely that you'll have a male boss. Also since, as I said, they don't compromise their tough values for anyone (male or female), you are always expected to man the fuck up and deal with shit no matter what. In desk/office jobs, people want you to have "empathy" and a load of other female bullshit traits, it's fucking disgusting
>>
>Is joining the military the only way to become a man these days?

Why yes anon, part of the military's function is to pound adolescents into functioning adu-

>In every other walk of life, men are persecuted for being men

Oh. So you're just a faggot rather than concerned about modern American society's ambiguous gap regarding the transition to adulthood. We don't need more faggots like you in the military.
>>
>>16762210
>5am mornings
>have own house
>fill it with family
>own a lot of assets
>wrassle farm animals
>assert dominance
>constant exercise ensures strong genes
>still requires education
>>
>>16762218
There are women on the front line you derp.

I volunteer at the local VA on a weekly basis, you happen to learn some things about how it functions that way.
>>
>>16762225
>modern American society's ambiguous gap regarding the transition to adulthood
What do you mean by this?

>>16762228
True, I should do that. I don't really know anyone who's a farmer though.

>>16762230
>There are women on the front line you derp.
Here in the UK, there aren't, apart from some tiny exceptions I think, but I can't remember what they are.

Anyway I'm just saying, the military is one of the few places where it seems men can still be men. In every office these days, everyone is fucking obsessed with "equality" and all that fucking crap, and if men want to have a bit of male banter, they will get fucked in the arse for it. Is there any other job where men can still be men? Men are biologically different to women, we have banter and play pranks and shit on each other to establish a hierarchy of respect and dominance. That's how it is in nature. That's how males naturally are. But modern workplaces persecute men for this sort of banter, and this sort of behaviour. You're expected to be an androgynous drone. How is it possible to escape this? It isn't - all office jobs and industries are falling victim to this cultural cancer.
>>
>>16762186
I guess the military has some pretty manly men, but it isn't for everyone.

I'd equate it to high motivation, A type personalities and incredibly thick skin
>>
>>16762186
Just remember, anon, the only way to Valhalla is though death in battle.
>>
>>16762268
I think maybe I just feel inadequate in life because I'm not that, and I keep obsessing about the fact that if I don't become that, I will have objectively failed and fucked up in life.
>>
>>16762285
Doesn't make much sense to me. I know plenty of people who are successful and don't have those traits.

Maybe you compare yourself to others too much?

>>16762266
>if men want to have a bit of male banter, they will get fucked in the arse for it

This is absolutely the same in the military. I'm not saying male banter doesn't exist, but if there is an incidence where somebody feels uncomfortable and reports it, you can expect a big investigation and consequences. Probably more so than civilian side
>>
>>16762285
Perhaps you should focus more on bolstering your self-esteem and self-confidence and not on fitting arbitrary male stereotypes.

I only recently came out as bisexual (because I realized I was very, very attracted to this guy I know, in a romantic and a sexual sense -- we have chemistry), and a few people were like "I KNEW IT!" because I hop up and down when I get excited and sometimes use the word "silly" in a sentence and apparently walk like a woman, whatever that means.

I don't really care. If that's how I am, that's how I am, and it's completely harmless.

Learn how to do you, don't do other people.

>yes, society tells you these things, but the full message is "be yourself... unless you're weird, then be more normal!"

It does help that I know I have God's approval, and I don't really need to care about anybody else's.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/understand-other-people/201209/ten-ways-bolster-your-self-confidence
>>
>>16762186

The way to become a man is to be a male with self-confidence, independence, develop wisdom, and be self-sufficient as well as protect the needs of those you love.

You don't need to join the military, you don't need to fuck a lot of women, you don't even need to be straight; your natural state of a man will develop over time as you do the things above.
>>
>>16762353
> God's approval

Hate to break it to you, but God doesn't approve of your faggotry
>>
>>16762342
>Maybe you compare yourself to others too much?
Yeah maybe but what else are you meant to do in life, I mean everyone life is a competition at the end of the day isn't it?
>This is absolutely the same in the military. I'm not saying male banter doesn't exist, but if there is an incidence where somebody feels uncomfortable and reports it, you can expect a big investigation and consequences. Probably more so than civilian side
I get that harassment is not acceptable and will be punished but from what I know, there's still more general banter (as long as it isn't harassment) in the military than in office jobs. Then again my only experience of the military is the stories of a couple of my friends who have been to Sandhurst, and then what I have looked up on the internet as well. And my experience of an office job has been 1.5 years in software development, which is a notoriously left wing field (which is why it angers me so much). So maybe I don't have a full wealth of experience
>>
>>16762186
Enjoy baby sitting female soldiers, getting passed over for quota promotions, and endless lectures about trendy tryhard social justice shit.
>>
>>16762420
Is that your own experience in the military?
>>
people who are good at nothing join the military
>>
>>16762463
sounds like the place for me
>>
>>16762381
Thanks for posting this.I always figured that masculinity's been twisted into a monster.

It should be about handling your personal business, taking care of the people around you, leaving things better than you found them, and being as well-rounded, independent and informed as you can be.

Basically, it's just being a decent human being.
>>
>>16762186
What is life like for you in the 12th century?
>>
>>16762463
That's a lie the benefits are dope as fuck and they come out of your pocket.
>>
File: 1437422782571.jpg (85KB, 500x910px) Image search: [Google]
1437422782571.jpg
85KB, 500x910px
>>16762186
>>/pol/
>>/k/
>>/b/
>>/s/omewhere else

>>16762209 I highly doubt that OP didn't know this. This is far too obvious b8ng
>>
>>16762209
The qualification standards for being a ranger have been lowered so women are able to join them.
It's fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>16762186
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.