[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My son won't accept any gifts from me. What do I do? He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: sad dog.jpg (9KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
sad dog.jpg
9KB, 260x194px
My son won't accept any gifts from me. What do I do?

He told me not to get him anything on Christmas, and his birthday is coming up in a week. I asked him what he wanted and he said nothing, so I told him I'd just give him money, and he said he would donate it if I gave him anything.

What do I do? What do kids want these days?
>>
>>16760878
how old is he?
>>
>>16760886
>>
>>16760878
How about asking him why wont he accept gifts?
It could be because he acknowledges the efforts you parents put into him, or maybe he feels guilty about asking for gifts or stuff.
Bitch i don't fucking know, just ask him.
>>
Either he's almost unhealthily selfless, or he's got issues with you.

Find out what his deal is, but try not to be super-pushy about it.
>>
>>16760887
do you spend a lot of time with him?
>>
your son is a lot like me. he doesnt want STUFF.. he wants skills

he doesnt want a bb gun. or a rc car. or useless shit. your son is turning into a tough mother fucker

what that boy wants is something like a gym pass. he wants to go bungee jumping. he wants experiences.. not material possessions

you should be proud of him for that. get him something that will last. get that boy a book on how to fix cars or maybe just how to do carpentry or something

go on craigslist and buy him a cheap 50 dollar guitar and a book to teach him some chords. get that boy a basketball so hell get into sports and learn skills he can play with other boys

get that boy something to turn him into a man
>>
>>16760992
>mom starts pushing a bunch of masculine activities on me
>does she think i'm gay? what is she trying to say? that i'm not man enough?
>>
>>16761003
i didnt say push. i said give it to him. i didnt say hes not man enough. i said fill his life with manly things

i dont know a single guy that wouldnt like a new guitar or a gym pass or a new basketball/soccer ball. you dont even have to be like HERE I GOT YOU THIS NOW GO DO IT just be like here and walk away and let him do it

men like manly things. its not about doubting his masculinity. just like im sure if you had a daughter shed love a new cell phone or.. shoes. or something

guys like shoes too get him some black nikes

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Mens-Black-White-Running/dp/B00MXH3KSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454442843&sr=8-1&keywords=nike+dart

i had three pairs of these and you can get them dirt cheap and theyre one of my favorite shoes. and lets be real youre gunna have to get him new shoes eventually why not some solid nikes
>>
>>16760887
Ah the the societal disillusionment phase. Just let him be. Eventually he'll learn that his forfeiture of material goods has absolutely no impact on poor black children and he'll be asking for gifts again.

Use the extra money to treat the rest of the family.
>>
How is your relationship with your son? Do you get along well?
>>
Ask his friends what he wants. Tell them that they cannot tell him anything about the conversation. Get what he wants. Show it to him on his birthday. And say something about how you saw this and thought of him. But if he doesn't want it, you could take it back to the store and get something for yourself to celebrate his punk ass coming out of you. See how quickly he says that he wants it. Give it to him. And talk start the conversation about why he doesn't want to get presents.

If he actually doesn't want the gift, stay by your word and return it and get something nice for yourself and talk to your son about why he doesn't want you giving him gifts.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.