[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a law student anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Especially if you are considering to apply.
>>
>>16749890
Why do you guys never put where you're from? I assume you're expecting to be asked some law related questions, and laws are very different from place to place. You're not helping anyone if you don't put it
>>
I'm intp is law good oar wat be doctor instead ? I dunno my pro. IL yxrcyot I love you I live toy I lice toy law or edges or I love you law op I live yot,I live yod a gig hk debir,husband kl jcec
>>
>>16749895
Objection
>Roman law is equal in all parts of the globe
>>
>>16749900
Apart from, you know, most Commonwealth countries which have the English common law as their basis. And just because it exists, doesn't mean that it's applied
>>
File: 1357022431653.png (196KB, 471x354px) Image search: [Google]
1357022431653.png
196KB, 471x354px
>>16749890
Is it true you guys have to spend full days just studying and have no free time?
>>
>>16749923
Not OP, but I have plenty of free time as a law student.
>>
>>16749890
What year are you?
What school?
Have you chosen a specialty or are you just going general law?
>>
File: 1396643596964.jpg (29KB, 326x318px) Image search: [Google]
1396643596964.jpg
29KB, 326x318px
>>16749932
>>16749890
What do you think keeps people out of law compared to something like STEM?
>>
>>16749895
We dont learn statutes we learn common law. I can look up any states statute
>>
>>16749944
2nd
A big east school
Criminal
>>
What are the chances of getting a scholarship? I'd make a great lawyer, but I'm a poorfag.
>>
>>16749999
>>16750024
Very good with a decent gpa and a nice LSAT.
>>
>>16749999
Lack of job prospects. The field is full.
>>
>>16749999
Law school having standards, compared to STEM. Anyone can enrol in STEM with basic university entrance (with the exception of maybe medicine). Law school filters people out.

>>16750024
Those who say they'd make good lawyers are generally not that great at law, in my experience.
>>
>>16750043
3.6 undergraduate, 3.9 graduate (MA, History)

I haven't taken an LSAT, but I did get a perfect score on the writing portion of the GRE and decent scores on the other two sections.

Thoughts?
>>
>>16749923
I take every Saturday off.>>16750087
>>16750087
You will get in, get a scholarship, and do well.
>>
File: 0N4jRdq.jpg (890KB, 1953x1464px) Image search: [Google]
0N4jRdq.jpg
890KB, 1953x1464px
What should I study undergrad if I want to eventually go to law school?

I have a 2 year degree with very decent (read slightly above average) grades in health sciences, so I have more of a STEM background than humanities

thing is my interests lie more with stuff like history and sociology but I study science and probably will continue

My parents are pushing me to go do a BSc in Biomedical Science or something like that but idk

I have good enough grades + money to get into a top 20 world university in every program except neuroscience or medicine/law for now

ALSO is it true that law is oversaturated with graduates and that I will never find a job if I don't go to Harvard
>>
>>16750291
>every Saturday off

describe your non-Saturday schedule please
>>
>>16750084
>Law school having standards
Oh I'm laughing. I've heard law schools are complaining their students are worse recently, when in fact it's their own fault for admitting worse people.
>>
>>16750385
Not where I live. Only about a third of everyone who starts out doing law end up graduating because they're just not good enough and are filtered out. I believe it's similar with medicine too, but not other STEM subjects.
>>
>>16750374
6am wake up
8am class
3:50pm done with class
9:30pm done with studying and homework

Sunday-6hrs of studying and working on outlines.

This got me a 3.00 gpa.
>>
>>16750408
what does working on outlines mean
>>
>>16750408
What in the world are you even doing in that time? I'm also doing law and I only really spend a few extra hours a day on uni work outside of class (if that), not 6 freaking hours.
>>
what made you want to be a lawyer.

i'd personally never want to be one but i'm curious as to why you'd want to be.
>>
>>16750369
You can have any BA/BS basically
Yes the field is full and finding a job won't be easy.>>16750420

They are basically bullet point outlines of the class. They are a must.>>16750422

I average 60pages of reading a night. I read all cases twice. I outline like a pimp. 90% of my class went to top universities and are super smart so I just have to out work them.>>16750425
I always wanted to be a criminal defense lawyer. I hate the system and I can't wait to fuck with it.
>>
>>16750448
>I average 60pages of reading a night. I read all cases twice. I outline like a pimp. 90% of my class went to top universities and are super smart so I just have to out work them
Have you heard of the saying 'work smarter, not harder'?
>>
>>16750459
Did you not read what I just said? Most of my classmates are far more intelligence then I. My work ethic is what got me to law school and it is also what got me through 1l.
>>
>>16750472
> Most of my classmates are far more intelligence then I
Clearly.

I hope it's worth it.
>>
>>16750448
>I hate the system and I can't wait to fuck with it.
I like you. I'd love to BTFO some "empowered wymen" who try to get unfair divorce terms or make false accusations if I ever did law.
>>
>>16750481
Guarantee I go to a better school, and I have a more prestigious internship.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.