[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
My white male privilege
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x750
So I recently started dating this Native American girl. I'm 27 and she's a few years older than me. I'm white. We went on third date and everything went great. Really liking her. But texting earlier the subject of race came up and it was worse than I could've imagined. She told me I don't know how lucky I am to be white and I have "white male privilege". Yep. Full tumblr. And I can't stand those tumblr femi nazis. I tried to reason with her but she heard nothing. I changed the subject but now I can't even sleep. Do I break it off with this wagon burner? Does this girl not appreciate what my hard earned taxes have done for her? So frustrated right now.
>>
If this post isn't bait, you are too insecure and racist to handle her. You already know this relationship won't work.

If it helps, "white privilege" isn't a personal attack. It doesn't mean you personally have done anything wrong.
>>
>>16735937
what this anon said
>>
>>16735927
Remind her that her kind get to go to college for free basically just for passing high school. Then turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
>>16735937
I should elaborate that she was going on about how much harder her life has been being Native American. Saying this not knowing anything about my past. I think she thinks because I drive a nice car and have a nice place I've always had it great. Which is opposite of reality.
>>
>>16735942
Kek
>>
>>16735937
For the record "white privilege" is absolutely a personal attack even if you don't want it to be. And as a white person I'm sick of hearing it frankly. It creates this weird imbalance with the person saying it, especially if you're white and they aren't, it constantly feels like they're expecting you to apologize for some shit. OP you should explain to her why it makes you uncomfortable like I just did to this idiot.
>>
tell her to thank you for bringing civilisation and prosperity to her backwards land. and when she does, cheerfully remark, "it was my privilege"

then dump that dunce and get a sensible girl, a non racist one
>>
>>16736006
>wahhhh my feelings

White people have a demonstrable systemic advantage in American society and pointing it out is not a personal attack. Nut the fuck up, son.
>>
>>16735958

Privilege is a tricky thing. Different groups face different issues. And despite whatever hardships you've endured, you do still have white privilege - a black guy in your shoes would probably have a harder time by some margin because of the way our society works. But the fact that you're white doesn't for a second mean you don't have your shit. And you certainly can't be blamed that a black doppleganger might have it harder.
But unfortunately, a lot of Tumblrtards use the term as a weapon to shut down anything they don't like.

I don't know what was said in this argument so I can't make any judgement on that, but since you're here and she's not I can only question you.
Do you think you might have taken the discussion a bit too personally? Maybe it spiralled a bit, with you both coming at it from your own perspective on a hot button subject that you don't really know each other well enough to handle.
Did your associations with the term 'privilege' maybe prevent you from hearing her out and giving her complaints the benefit of the doubt? Maybe it put you in a "who's got it tougher" mode and made you feel a need to defend yourself?
Like, this
>she was going on about how much harder her life has been being Native American
Was this personally directed at you, or was she just specifically complaining about things in her life that are directly impacted by race in ways that won't apply to you? Like, saying "you don't get followed by suspicious staff in every store because of your skin" isn't the same as saying "you don't have any problems." That's a pretty racially specific issue that does make some people's lives harder than they otherwise would be.

Or maybe she's just a Tumblrtard. Who knows. If that's the case, fuck it, you've been on 3 dates it's not like you're throwing away a relationship.
But if she's worth asking /adv/ about, might be worth thinking on what went down a little further, considering it's a pretty nuclear thing to bring up so early on.
>>
>>16736006
That's what I'm saying. It feels personal. I feel like people just look to blame whites for their failures.
>>
>>16736008
Top kek.
>>
>>16736006
>For the record "white privilege" is absolutely a personal attack even if you don't want it to be.
How so?

>And as a white person I'm sick of hearing it frankly. It creates this weird imbalance with the person saying it
Gee, I wonder what that feels like, feeling a lack of power due to nothing but your race.
>>
>>16736020
^ I would think about this post, OP.
>>
>>16736020
I wouldn't say she was directly or indirectly attacking me. But the part that felt direct was her talking about how much easier I have it. i felt offended by this. Like you don't know me. Do white males have certain gains in life. Sure. But native Americans get the huge breaks financially that I never got. I couldn't afford school. Luckily I worked hard and made my own way. I wouldn't come for advice if I didn't like her. But maybe it's not meant to be. I can only imagine her family who still lives in the reservation.
>>
I love how some white males act so butthurt about facts, yet make fun out of triggered feminists or niggers.

If this isn't bait, just break up, you aren't compatible.
>>
>>16735927
Don't bother, do you really want someone who puts so much weight into ideologies that are essentially complaints that whites did a better job at plundering the world than minority groups did?

>>16736012
That's because they built the country from the ground up. And the more other ethnic groups have contributed the more they have been respected here. Asian people do fucking great in North America because they earned it.
>>
>>16735927
Honest answer:

Regardless of whether she's a tumblr girl or not, it sounds like too much hassle, and really WEIRD shit to bring up after date #3. Beginnings of relationships are supposed to be fun, not weird and awkward.
>>
>>16735937
You understand things, I like you.
>>16735958
No, it means that you're statistically more likely to succeed at basically everything, because we're taught that white males are better. It's like having a head start and shortcuts in a race.
>>16736006
>i cant handle the truth
Sounds like you're as uneducated on the subject as you are stupid.
>>16736024
Telling you about white privelege isn't an attack, but I understand why you feel that way, because it does truvialize individual struggles. White privilege is a general trend that points out how white people subconsciously and often consciously have things easier in life. For instance, white men who have served 18 months for cocaine possession are still more likely to be called back for an interview than a black man in college. Explain that if you don't believe white privelege exists.

Also, I'm white, and a man.
>>
tell her she'd be shitting in a bush and making quilts for a living if your ancestors hadn't come over.

I mean life for her ancestors sucked but she's reaping the benefits
>>
>>16736012
But that is not a fact, that is an opinion that has spread recently with the growth of Tumblr. You cannot just tell people their experience matters less because they are white no matter how sure of it you are. It IS racist.

>>16736030
That's like me telling a black person they shouldn't take stop-and-frisks personally, because their race is systematically more prone to criminal activity. Could you imagine anyone actually saying that? Let's think about double standards for a second.

>Gee, I wonder what that feels like
Oh I love this mentality. This "you're getting what your race deserves" shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>16736056
I see your point. I feel like it will end anyways at this point if I say something "racist". I feel natives should be lucky to get what they do. I can't remember too many conquerors that did so much for natives when they took over and could've easily wiped them out. Yet I'm the one with privilege. It just sucks because until this conversation things were going great. All fun.
>>
>>16736069
>tumblr came up with white privelege
Sociologists have proven it thousands of times through experiments, they came up with it. Jesus. Do some fucking research before you go making shit up
>>
>>16736074
The privilege of having 99% of your people wiped out and your land stolen, it's like you get more retarded by the minute.
>>
>>16736050
Racism is a very sensitive topic, one that people of color get very passionate about and sometimes forget who their audience is. She is probably projecting onto you because she's very mad at life and you just happened to be there.

It is possible for passionate people like this to get along with white men--for example, Haunani Kay Trask is a Native Hawaiian activist with a white husband. But it requires understanding from both sides, it requires her to treat him as who he is, and not some white strawman, and it requires him being patient and openminded when she wants to tell him about stuff she's gone through.

I personally don't think you'll be able to do it, OP. I don't mean this as an insult; I just mean that being with someone like this requires a specific amount of energy and patience that you're not equipped with because you're from a different world and you didn't have the liberal education she had.

Hell, my ex and I were from the same background and everything, and even I couldn't stand his activism 24/7. Like I just wanna watch a fucking sitcom without thinking about racial inequality or sexism, and no I don't want to go to rallies at the university and hold up signs all day and night, through rain and snow and whatever. I admired him for being passionate about these issues. but I didn't have the energy to do all of that with him.

And that's okay, OP. It's okay that you're not on the same wavelength as her and that you view the world differently. It doesn't make you a bad person, but it doesn't make her a bad person either. It just makes you incompatible.

Like other anon said, it's only been three dates. Better to figure this out now than later.
>>
>>16736074
Do you know anything about American history? I'm not talking about disney's Pocahontas or "baby's first thanksgiving" - I'm talking about numbers and facts.

I'm no tumblr nazi, but the amount of rape, war, and killing of native Americans was astounding. Like I'm talking 98% of the original population suffering terrible deaths.

It was one of the worst massacres in American history
>>
>>16736085
Yet even on the reservation they use everything we use. They could stayed with their old world ways, as very few still do, but no. They take their check. They go to our schools. Everything free. They benefit from their ancestors and European settlers bringing technology. They get more than I ever got that's for sure.
>>
>>16736050

Personally, it rustles my jimmies like nothing else when someone presumes based on absolutely nothing that I've had a perfect life, that I can't possibly understand things that I've experienced first hand. So I sympathise with you there.
But because it instinctively pisses me off so much (as it fucking should), I have to remember it can really destroy my objectivity and cause things to escalate.

It's possible she was just talking shit, wrapped up in her own frustration, and said something stupid that she didn't intent to have such impact, and turned things into a battle of touchy subjects and poor communication.
If it's just an issue of you both appreciating where the other's coming from, it's probably worth hashing it out after you've had time to cool off.
>>
>>16735927
That's right shitlord. Pay your respects to the strong womyn and do everything she says or you're a racist sexist bigot
>>
>>16736091
I think you're right. This thread is getting off topic. But compatability will be an issue. Which is really too bad. Glad I caught it early and received advice on this board.
>>
>>16736100
Yes, the people who are currently Alive are benefiting-
But that doesn't mean that it wasn't the worst massacre in American history.
I'm with you- I don't think this girl should be bitching because she gets to reap the benefits of her ancestor's sacrifice.

But to say that the settlers treated the natives rationally and with fairness is just a blatant lie. Those people were utterly destroyed. YOU don't owe HER anything, but those people were killed tragically. Again, there is no specific tie to her or you, but those natives were brutally murdered.
>>
>>16736062
>It's like having a head start and shortcuts in a race.
At the same time, it's important to remember that a head start and shortcuts don't mean that you can't get tripped, that you're not running on bung legs, that you're not versing a Kenyan tack team, etc.
>>
>>16736106
>I've had a perfect life
This is not what "white privilege" implies. Statistically speaking, your life was a lot easier than hers ... if you happened to be the rare case, that is on the odd side of the statistics, you could've mention it, and you could bitch about how hard your lives in the first world were. Would be sure enough material for few dates.
>>
>>16736106
Exactly this. The assumption. Makes me so angry.
>>
>>16736006
>>16735937

It absolutely is a personal attack and frankly the whole word has been constructed to be an implication that the White person in question is spoiled and is not personally responsible for their accomplishments. You are highlighting the fact that because they are White, they have privilege.

Why you are bothering to make privilege into something you want to eliminate rather than something you embrace as inevitable and a product of nature is confusing me beyond all points. I consider the fact that you might think by making people aware of your idea of certain kinds of privilege, that you are in fact helping them, but to what end? You are approaching random people and saying, "You are extremely well-off, nothing you do is because of your ability, and you don't actually have any ability worth mentioning, because I don't believe that you have any ability because of your genetics and the social implications of your genetics!"

The whole movement for privilege is already just a botched and bloody mess. Whatever "good" (horseshit) intent that you thought or presumed would come of it isn't happening, and it certainly isn't going to do the world any good even if it did, because you are struggling against the nature of Humanity to subject eachother and be cruel to eachother. Your Humanist thought is flawed and shitty, and I should like to stick you and your buttbuddies on an island for 100 years and come back to see what constructs you have made to satisfy your own innate desires you so deny in the face of some kind of grand plan where everyone is equal and there exists no evil!

>>16735927

Don't break it off with her. IF you feel she is still attracted to you, and you are still attracted to her, there is no need to. It is a misconception that you have to agree on everything, and it is absolutely a misconception that she will not have a relationship with you even if you don't agree on everything.
>>
>>16736069
>That's like me telling a black person they shouldn't take stop-and-frisks personally, because their race is systematically more prone to criminal activity. Could you imagine anyone actually saying that? Let's think about double standards for a second.
It's not at all. Telling you that you have white privilege isn't saying anything bout what you deserve or should expect. It's equivalent to POINTING OUT that a black person is more likely to get stopped-and-frisked.
And I still don't see where the personal attack in 'white privilege' is. There's no clear suggestion there of something that white people deserve to have happen or are more likely to do or whatever (unless you think being voted most likely to succeed is a personal attack).
I'm genuinely asking. Something that hurts your feelings isn't automatically an attack.

>Oh I love this mentality. This "you're getting what your race deserves" shit. Fuck off.
kek, it was mostly tongue in cheek, sorry. But I'm really just saying 'perspective yo'. You only feel as crappy as anyone else does. It's not about what anyone deserves, just that we've all got racial issues. 'Racist' is just the white man's 'nigger' and all that.
>>
>>16736084
There are studies that have shown marginal cases where a white and black person are not treated equally in equal circumstances, lots of which are completely valid. But read this very carefully - "white privilege" is not a fact. It is a conclusion that people on Tumblr have made upon reading these studies. And I would argue that this conclusion is made completely without consideration for the advantages many black people get simply for being black, of which there are far less studies. That's all I want to say, I didn't mean to derail OP's thread.
>>
>>16736100
It's not sustainable for them to stay with their old ways, because we've chopped down most of the forests, hunted and killed the animals they eat, and have basically taken up most of the land and built industrial cities and shit. I mean, sure they have their reservations, but that's such a small area where they probably can't get much done in terms of doing shit the old way.

Of course they're going to do things our way now, because we've made it so that they can't do otherwise. You can't survive in America without using the Internet, and if you want them to stop taking checks from us, they're going to need to go to our schools so that they can get jobs like what we have, and you know what nobody actually enjoys needing those checks, because this is America, where you're expected to earn money with your own hard work. Those who can't get a job feel pathetic and shitty, and many of the younger generations leave the reservation so they can feel like normal people; those that stay are the ones who feel loyalty to their traditions and guilty about the idea of abandoning it.

I'm not going to go into whether they as a group are better off than you as an individual, because I don't personally know you; you're right about that. You could be some homeless alcoholic typing these posts in a library for all I know. But I for one am glad I'm not a Native American on a reservation; sounds like a shitty life to me.
>>
File: 1445996368733.png (291 KB, 945x743) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445996368733.png
291 KB, 945x743
>>16736094
>>16736085

>Proven thousands of times with experiments that I won't name
>98%
>Sources: My ass

Plz kill yourself

>>16736085
>Free land
>TONS of scholarship programs
>Can run casinos tax free
>Can live off government money and just be useless drunks to society

Shit happened like 300 years ago, Natives of today have suffered none of the hardships of their people, but enjoy all the benefits that emerged from their ancestor's strife. Same with the Blacks. To insist that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxZRuL65wQ

>>16735927
Bro, the best you can do is try and explain why she's wrong and her ideas racist and harmful. If she can't deal, nip it in the bud and roll on.
>>
>>16736132
The attraction is for sure there. After reading these replies I feel like the differences between what we think of how the politics of each other's race could be an issue in the future. I'll always be white and have my views. She will always be native and have hers. I would be willing to ignore that and move past it but this advice makes me feel if this is an issue this early it may not be meant to be.
>>
>>16736118

I'm not saying it is at all, I'm just responding to the attitude OP was describing that set him off.
And it's possible for her to have misused the term white privilege, or to have overstepped in the heat of the discussion and added on a personal declaration of what she assumes OP's life has been like.

And it's not statistically accurate that a white person's life with most likely be better than a poc's life - not to a point where you can make that assumption based on any two random individuals. It's something that can be discussed in a very general sense, or to do with general populations in specific scenarios (eg police use of force) but it can not be assumed and taken for granted that one random white guy's life must have been easier than one random native american girl's life.
>>
>>16736154
>talks about sources
>links a fucking YT video

>Free land
>TONS of scholarship programs
>Can run casinos tax free
>Can live off government money and just be useless drunks to society
This all applies to crackers too and casinos are hardly relevant given the amount of natives owning one. Tons of white guys avoid taxes too.
>>
>>16736134
A black person IS more likely to be stopped and frisked yes, hell I admit that I love not being stopped and frisked. I have no problem with that. I just don't like being condescended to, and in most cases when I hear about white privilege it's not about stop and frisks but about my opportunities, education, achievements all of which the person arguing with me knows jack shit about. Besides, why point it out at all? What do you intend to accomplish by bringing it up? That's usually my question. I agree with Morgan Freeman that we won't see the end of racism until we "stop talking about it". But I see at least you're making an effort to be less hostile and I appreciate that.
>>
Dump it
The time to buy into that shit to the point you (she) think its okay to call your partner and their entire race the equivalent of spoiled, just to feel better than them, well, it isnt 27+, she should be too old for that
If youre going to date someone with the maturity of a college girl, you may as well find someone with the body of a college
>>
>>16736132

I think you're talking about a very specific discussion of privilege among bitter Tumblr teenagers.
It should not be used to discredit anyone's accomplishments. If you managed to climb to the top of a mountain because you weren't being attacked by bears, that still means you get credit for climbing to the top of the mountain. Just that maybe you should spare a thought for the guy who got eaten, or be impressed by the guy who still managed to make it up there with a sick new set of furs.

White privilege is just a nicer way to say 'coloured disadvantage,' because that's a negative reinforcer.

Anyone who wants privilege taken away is just a fucking moron. The Dream is for everyone to be free to climb that mountain without any fucking bears holding them back - or to choose not to climb the mountain, or to climb a different one, or to climb it on a unicycle because they think it'll be cool, etc.
Privilege is just freedom from certain disadvantages, not a cheat code to success.
>>
>>16736155

See where it goes. If she keeps insisting, that's one thing, but alot of these women are not hardliners and when they get the dick in them their point of view changes quite a bit.
>>
OP, your mistake was dating a post-wall woman. She probably didn't hate whites at all until she reached the point of no return.
>>
File: 1453768538291.jpg (158 KB, 959x501) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453768538291.jpg
158 KB, 959x501
>>16736174
>Privilege is just freedom from certain disadvantages

Crab bucket mentality: ghetto dwellers are suppressed because they live in a ghetto, so they lash out at people in functional communities and attempt to make the ghetto lifestyle universal. Here's a crazy idea: oust your incumbents instead of blaming people who had zero say in the way your city was being run the past 50 years.
>>
>Just that maybe you should spare a thought for the guy who got eaten, or be impressed by the guy who still managed to make it up there with a sick new set of furs.

Certainly, but that has nothing to do with me acknowledging White privilege, or even coining any kind of term for such things. There's all matter of privilege, and this is what I find the most reviling about the whole thing, you want to boil it down into all of these little buzzwords and catch-alls and terms and expressions. Privilege already exists and will do so regardless if I am White and rich, or poor and Black. Does that not mean that because I am some White, Rich CEO that I do not have a respect for a Black, Poor kid that came up from the projects and is now successful? Absolutely not.

>Anyone who wants privilege taken away is just a fucking moron. The Dream is for everyone to be free to climb that mountain without any fucking bears holding them back - or to choose not to climb the mountain, or to climb a different one, or to climb it on a unicycle because they think it'll be cool, etc.

>the dream is for everyone to be free to climb that mountain without any fucking bears holding them back

How about I go to school without having to go to my classes? Or deal with shitty teachers? Or shitty students? Or shitty faculty? Or having health issues? Or having family issues? How

The bears live on the goddamn mountain for a fucking reason in this case. You are given challenges, and you should be GREATFUL that the bears are there, because without them, all you would have to do is walk to the top unmolested by anything else. And if the bears were not there, you would be complaining about the steepness of the ascent or the weather anyway! And then we'd just have to find something new to take the piss out of, wouldn't we?
>>
>>16736167

Pretty much with you on all that.

I do think talking about it is good to an extent, because I really didn't notice how much media and junk was skewed towards white men until it started getting pointed out. But the tides are definitely turning, and there are a lot of shows these days that have diverse casts without feeling forced or pandering.

When people stop talking about it will be the day it's over, and that's the goal, but I do think we have to talk about it a bit to actually reach that point.
One thing we definitely have to stop doing though is filtering everyone's accomplishments through the minority boxes they tick, that really backhanded appreciation, like a successful minority is a novelty. But instead of UNdoing that, we're kind of at risk of going too far the other way and filtering everything a white guy does through his privilege as backhanded disparaging.
>>
>>16736132
>it is absolutely a misconception that she will not have a relationship with you even if you don't agree on everything

I would agree, but it seems that to this girl, racial issues are a HUGE part of her life and how she identifies herself. It's not like she's just some girl that happens to be Native American and likes different food than OP does; it's a bigger issue than that.

Personally I think this girl is still too young. I don't mean young in terms of her age, I mean young in terms of experience dealing with people from different backgrounds. I used to be exactly like her, but now I know how to calm down and actually listen to people instead of just telling them what I think they are. I've learned that people have different viewpoints, and I've learned to explore WHY they have different viewpoints, instead of just simplifying it all as "hurr durr white privilege." But this knowledge only comes with experience and reflection from interacting with all sorts of other people, and I don't think she's reached that point yet.

She's probably been surrounded by other Native Americans and maybe Tumblr people who validate her viewpoints and feed into the hurt and anger she feels, and she's been surrounded by it all her life. Just like OP has been surrounded by people who share his viewpoints all his life.

Maybe one day, they'll both experience things that help them reach a middle ground in this sort of discussion, where they realize that they're not out to get each other. But I don't know if they can reach that ground together, or if she'll be with a different white guy and he'll be with a different girl when this happens.
>>
question for everyone who is upset by white males,

why dont you just leave the society created by and for white males??
>>
>>16736203
>The bears live on the goddamn mountain for a fucking reason in this case. You are given challenges, and you should be GREATFUL that the bears are there, because without them, all you would have to do is walk to the top unmolested by anything else. And if the bears were not there, you would be complaining about the steepness of the ascent or the weather anyway! And then we'd just have to find something new to take the piss out of, wouldn't we?

The bears are not all challenges, anon, climbing the mountain is challenges. Have you ever climbed a mountain? Shit's hard. You get all tired out, you could fall and break a leg, etc. Then there's the shit no one can prepare for like rock slides, those can hit anyone!
But there's no place for bears in mountain climbing, you'd never get shit done. Have you ever tried to fight a bear?! And these are no ordinary bears, these are Prejudice Bears, they've got a taste for very specific flesh so they only attack the coloured's and queers and shit, that aint fair. There are probably a couple of rogue bears somewhere that will give white guys passive aggressive sass, but you'll rarely find one that actually has a taste for you and does some real damage, and it's never a good thing when that happens anyway.
Fuck bears.
We're here! We're clear! We don't want anymore bears!

(I take back saying that people can get away with not climbing the mountain, I didn't think it through. The mountain is challenges, the mountain is life, fuckers gotta climb that shit. Some of them will probably get carried by their parents, or set up camp half way and live off scraps and dead bodies, but fuck em, they'll never reach the top and that's their loss).
>>
>>16736094
>Like I'm talking 98% of the original population suffering terrible deaths.
>It was one of the worst massacres in American history.
Look, white privilege exists. Native Americans are still disadvantaged and oppressed. In a just society, the prevalence of poverty, rape and substance abuse on reservations, the poor quality of the available medical care and education etc, as well as our incredibly dysfunctional system for determining tribal recognition, would be seen as the ongoing national disgraces that they are.

But statements like the one you just made are incredibly misguided and irresponsible. Understand -- the depopulation of the Americas was not deliberate. The vast majority of the Native Americans who died did so as the result of diseases which were introduced and spread accidentally. Yes, there were a few cases where natives were deliberately infected. Such cases were very rare (far less so in South America, incidentally.) Yes, the policy of the American gov't towards the indigenous population was aggressive and imperialistic. Yes, the Indian Wars were characterized by severe atrocities on both sides. Nobody can reasonably claim that the Native Americans were treated remotely well.

But it was not a deliberate genocide. Only ideologues claim otherwise. Please don't carelessly endorse their claims unless you're aware of the magnitude of what you're saying.
>>
>>16736236
Life isn't fair, didn't you learn that in pre school?
>>
>>16736269

Neither is mountain climbing, birdbrain, you're missing the whole point of my amazing analogy of racist bears patrolling Everest.
>>
>>16736094

The reason why we were able to wipe them out was because we were able to pick them off one by one because they had so much bad blood between tribes after thousands of years of raping and plundering each other. That and dumb luck in that they had no immunity to our diseases.

Why is it that when a people can only obliterate their neighbor they are considered "better" than those who can obliterate a continent ? The intent is no different, one is just more competent at it than another.

Its not like white people didnt show up to NA being greeted by arrows before they got off their boat either. This idea that Native vs White conflict was one sided is nonsense.
>>
>>16736269

We learned how to sing I'm Being Swallowed By A Boa Constrictor in pre-school. The fuck kind of preschool did you go to that dishes out hard life truths?
>>
Tumblrites and race activists amuse me because neither group are fighting for equality. They're both fighting to be the ones that get to be privileged so that they can be the ones discriminating.

I'll continue to think less of you non white races because I can. You already think less of me because I'm white. So fuck you. I'll enjoy watching you get followed around the grocery store because you're black or asked if you speak Spanish because you have a Latin last name.
>>
Chippewa-fag here.
Moved off the reservation first chance I got. Was it hard growing up with brown skin? Depends how you look at it. First off, where im from, there is a ton of hate against natives, but most of it stems from natives attitude toward whites and alot of us grew up in families that pushed the hate. My senpai is different, but if you constantly mean muggin and starting shit cuz you're a "badass redskin" you are gonna get treated as such, then that fucks it up for the rest of us. Niggers are the same way.
Really though, most tribes help their own people whether it be housing, funds for education and the lucky tribes that have booming casinos share profits with their people-im talking a 3000 check monthly/bi-weekly. But in that scenario, they dont do anything with the money worthwhile, blow it on drugs and stupid shit. Not all the "percappers" are that way but for a majority its another form of welfare and a reason not to work.
Ive felt the hate, got jumped for just being native blah blah, but im bigger than that. I no longer affiliate myself with the people I grew up with because ALL of them are manchildren, dont know how to work, dont want to and hate just because "thats what they are supposed to do".
I got an education, great job, live in the white mans world and have no problem. I dont live off my tribe or take any help because I can make it on my own, like a man should. I carry no hate.
I dont think im better than any of them, I just couldnt stand the unnecessary racism anymore. My tribe is poor and I cant forget where I come from to where I am now, I just dont need them.
>>
>>16736286
see this fucking guy gets it. theres an invitation into the white mans world, and all you have to do is prove youre worthy of a slot and you get it. a GOLDEN TICKET to civilisation is on offer, just requires a bit of work. japs get it, chinks get it, even most spics get it, but for some reason a lot of you mongoloids just cant perform and so blame the system, rather than looking at the man in the mirror
>>
>>16736286
And another thing-its very rare to find a full blooded native, most are half-like myself-or less. Funniest thing in the world is a guy a used to know-white as a ghost, blonde blue eyes, talkn shit about "white guy this or that."
> muther fucker you whiter than the guy you talkn bout!
>>
>>16736319

lol, reminds me of in high school, this time we had to go to some talk about diversity or something, and we were watching this pale as fuck blonde haired blue, eyed chick speak for like half an hour about what the fuck ever, until she gets to "and I never felt during my childhood that I, as an Aboriginal Australian, would ever be able to go to university."
And suddenly we all just kind of woke up a little and started looking around like meerkats, like when someone tests if you're listening by saying they went to Mars last weekend.
I wonder if our teachers were proud, thinking we were just shocked by the racism and not just taken aback by some aryan master race telling us she's so Abo she felt doomed to sniffing petrol in the train station.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>16735927
>wagon burner
>>
File: low d.jpg (44 KB, 451x392) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
low d.jpg
44 KB, 451x392
>>16736487
holy shit you cheeky fucker
>>
>>16735927
You know what. She's right.
>>
>>16735927
White privilege, just like feminism, were terms used in sociology to describe certain phenomena. Now they're buzzwords that tumblr gutted. Make sure she's not just using the phrase in that sense.

Remember to boycott the Oscars! XD
>>
File: 1453298695407.gif (676 KB, 381x522) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453298695407.gif
676 KB, 381x522
>>16735927
Dump that ignorant bitch
>>16735937
You are too dumb to be here, go back to tumblr.
>>16736012
People with money have an advantage dumbass
>>16736020
Money > race you moron
>>16736030
Go back to tumblr
>>16736051
>facts
Fuck off
>>16736056
Meritocracy muh friend, thank you.
>>16736062
Cuck. You are a disgrace not to your race but to humanity.
>>16736069
I like you
>>16736084
>do some research
Kek
>>16736094
You should make a time machine and fix it, if you can't then shut up because not even your grandparents had a say.
>>
>>16735942
>Then turn 360 degrees and walk away.
wut
>>
>>16735927
Watchout the raven haired ladies like to fight.
>>
>>16735927
Watch the episode of Seinfeld where he dates an Indian
>>
>>16735927
>Do I break it off with this wagon burner?
I would. Imagine dating a guy with short man syndrome who keeps babbling about heightism. Fuck that.

>>16735937
>If it helps, "white privilege" isn't a personal attack
It shouldn't be, because it's a statistical thing - a group thing. But if she's leveling the charge at him directly, she does mean it personally.
>>
Op, just read this thread again. This is what this argument looks like. Everyone is arguing who is more offended, and who deserves what. This is what your relation will look like if you press the issue.

If you don't press the issue, will she abandon it forever? Or do you want her to say the same things to your family and friends when they meet?
Personally, I would take this as an insult, and I would break up. She is essentially saying "you have it easier than me, and it's unfair". She doesn't feel like you're a couple, and you're together in this, she still feels like you're somehow competitors, and that you have an unfair advantage.
>>
>>16736167
>I like my privilege
>I don't like someone bringing it up

wow
>>
>>16736158
>And it's possible for her to have misused the term white privilege
DESU any time that term is used outside academia it's being misused.
>>
>>16736269
yeah, and OP's the one acting like a baby for having it pointed out to him
>>
>>16735927
Kick that brown bitch back to the rez where she belongs.
>>
privilege is a great concept for understanding the different experiences that groups of people have based on their group identity (race/gender, etc)

It's also a terrible and counterproductive way to actually change those inherent imbalances, as it entrenches positions, creates a victim one-upsmanship race, and frankly is itself a form of bigotry (as used; not the analysis).

I do find it highly ironic that white men finally have a taste of what it's like to be a minority and don't like it, gee. But responding to bigotry with bigotry is clearly not going to make society better.
>>
>>16738209
>Countering racism with more racism
>HURRR TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE HURRR
I fucking hate this world.
>>
>>16738131
shove your privilege up your ass
>>16738140
> you are a retard
> don't act like a baby just because i pointed it out
>>16738209
> privilege is a good concept
> it's bad to use it
> i support it against white people
fuck off.

Meanwhile the rich are laughing their asses off watching mediocre people stating that race makes someone more privileged.
>>
>>16735927
Race has nothing to do with feminism.
>>
>>16735937
>>16735941
>>16736012
>>16736030
>>16736051
>>16736062
>>16736085
>>16736094
>>16736115
>>16736116
>>16736118
>>16736134
>>16736147
>>16736165
>>16736205
>>16736236
>wtf are you talking about
>>16736272
>the education system has failed you, im sorry.

^ Trans-niggers and niggers

>>16736281
You are just as shitty as any other racist nigger
>>
>>16736059
Honestly it better to get the awkward shit out the way than to have a situation like this come up two years into the relationship
>>
>>16736229
Lmao and go where, idiot?
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x366) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x366
>>16738357
you this whole thread
>>
>>16736091
I honestly have to say this is really good advice for op
>>
Try to convince her your black
>>
I find it hard to believe anyone who uses the term "while privilege" would date a white male.

isn't that like hypocritical?
>>
Strictly historically speaking, White people have basically been having a hay day at every other races expense until around 60ish years ago.

I'm not saying she's right, but Native Americans as a whole have got shit on for centuries. That doesn't really mean it's harder now though.

OP honestly my dog just be Rogerian about it. Just say you understand where she's coming from and then make a small point for yourself.

Basically concede a little and take a little in the argument. Feminists have their hearts in a reasonable place (ie discrimination is bad), but they are also super polarized because of group think. You can't make a polarized argument against that.
>>
>>16739023
Not /pol/ but it does kinda outlines the superior race
Also luckiest geographicallaly
>>
>>16738977
I'm not sure if hypocritical is the right word. You can date someone who you think has had a better advantage in life than you.
>>
>>16739023
not my fault whites had their shit together before everyone else did

fucking niggers were left alone on their continent for how long?
>>
I dated a cute Native American girl. She got a constant supply of nice checks from her tribe's casino. I miss my little squaw. But anyways, she was intelligent and funny, but she could go into the white privilege thing every now and then. It wasn't on the forefront of her mind, just something she would point out every now and then. The key is to not turn into a /pol/ tier buttravaged faggot. Like >>16739023 said, concede a little, and take a little. She was a rational person and would usually figure out when and if she was being unreasonable. Don't turn it into a big thing and it won't be a big thing.
>>
>>16739037
I have no idea what you are trying to tell me. It doesn't outline superiority one bit my dog.
>>
File: 1438559201250.jpg (58 KB, 640x560) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438559201250.jpg
58 KB, 640x560
>>16739057
shouldn't they be dating minorities though who have less chance in life and would need their support more?
>>
>>16736094
Native Americans got fucked up mostly by diseases that Europeans had developed an immunity to.

On topic: She has a victim mentality. Do not pursue.
>>
>>16739064
If you have this little compassion for fellow man idk what to say. America was born on the foundation that this was the land of peoples. This was the land of the individual. Not a land of whites, or a land of blacks. The land of freedom.

So, in response to you, yes it's not your fault.

But have some fucking sympathy you sociopathic cunt.
>>
>>16738357
>so butthurt he can't read

I only think it's funny, I said it was a bad idea

>>16738231
I agree. But being racist and tribal is human nature, so how can you expect people to act differently?
>>
>>16739101

Dating someone is not an act of charity.
>>
>>16739106
white people took america from the natives by killing them

the foundation is corpses just like every other nation, whites are just better at it.

chinks are real good at too though, all the war crimes that whites have ever committed doesn't even compare to china's history
>>
>>16739102

This. The majority of deaths were due to disease- the rest where due to misunderstanding.

Ex:

Whites sign peace treaty with Tribe A, then Tribe B kidnaps, rapes, and scalps white women-

Now, Tribe A did nothing wrong. But how can the settlers trust Tribe A? They can't, do the logical progression is war, which really neither the settlers or Tribe A or at fault.

There's so much white shaming. people don't realize that both parties share blame for what happaned
>>
>>16739023
You make a good point. I mean, the Barbary slave trade, the Irish Famine and slave trade, the richest man of all time being a black Muslim and the fact that slavery was only abolished in the civilised world through the sheer force of the white British navy to the extreme displeasure of African warlords. All of these point to whites being the cruelest humans to ever live.
>>
>>16739126
there is no shame in taking land from the weaker for your own people. Every single race has done this it's not something only whites do

whites are however the only people who gives a shit about other races, blacks only care about blacks.
>>
Real talk here. So many uneducated fucks on this thread. There is an actual thing as 'white privilege', if you refuse to believe that then you are retarded and I cannot help you.

The Native Americans had it bad, like real bad, look that shit up and ask if you'd want that done to you. So to you OP; she isn't wrong in fact she's most likely right. If you cannot see that then maybe this relation isn't right.
>>
>>16739123
That's overly reductive and you fucking know it.
>>
>>16739150
Man I felt so privileged getting denied from colleges while my black and Mexican friends got in because they had to fill their quotas. I felt even more privileged leaving college with $20k of debt while the same black and Mexican friends of mine left with zero debt due to grants and aid because they were minorities. They even went to more expensive colleges than I did.

Face it: there's been a paradigm shift. It's OK to be racist against white people because as long as it's not whites doing the racism it isn't racism. It's just how it is. So fuck people screaming white privilege. Fuck them hard.
>>
>>16739131
What in the fuck are you talking about?

I think you should read more that the first lines of wikipedia pages.
>>
>>16739176
Dude, you got rejected because you suck.

I'm a white guy who had a 3.2 in highschool, and got into an expensive private school with full tuition covered.

You must be doing some fucking intense mental gymnastics to put blame on your pals.
>>
>>16739186
I had a better GPA than both of them and did extra curricular shit. Suck a dick.
>>
>>16739188
I wouldn't let a dick like you into my college.
>>
>>16739190
Did I hurt your fee fees, anon? Did my story contradict your carefully constructed worldview? I'm so sorry! Let me kiss it and make it better.
>>
>>16739186

You need to either be smart or a minority to get a scholarship.

This guy is mad because he isn't smart and isn't a minority, so he doesn't get one '

Sure, it's not fair that minoritys get preferential treatment- but the average negro has an IQ sub 90- he NEEDs that preferential treatment to have any chance, you can't compare a race with IQ 90 to Asians with IQ 110+ and expect it to be fair

I'm white, and I got a full ride scholarship to a very nice school.

But I got it because I was smart- if I had been born black and 90 IQ, I wouldn't have gotten that scholarship.
>>
>>16739180
I'm saying that human history is littered with scum of all races who took advantage of all races. Enslavement had been a thing since before humans could write. You think it's been whitey keepin da strong black man down for millennia upon millenia? You think whites were never enslaved or used to prop up another nonwhite society? Only difference is white people are the only ones who decided that shit was wrong and forcibly put a stop to it on a near global scale. For free. When you're presented with facts that contradict the shit you're spouting and the only response you can conjure up is sheer confusion, maybe it's time you did some research of your own.
>>
>>16735927
You are so lucky dating a native american.
>>
>>16739201
For being so smart you must realize that there's only X number of scholarships available and way more qualified applicants than scholarships? Keep stroking your dick, though. I graduated from college with better grades than the people with full rides :)
>>
>>16739201

To rephrase- I got that scholarship because my test scores were far better than 99.99% of everyone else taking the test- white, black, asain, you name it.

If I had been born a negroid, then I wouldn't have been able to get that scholarship, a merit based scholarship.

So I would have been smarter than 99.99% of blacks- smarter than 50% of the population.

And I would have gotten a 'black only' scholarship,

So it all works out, yeah? You guys get it?

And the end of the day, if you are white and not so smart, just thank god you weren't born black or you wouldn't be able to dress yourself - that's why their pants always fall down.
>>
>>16739223

X number of scholarships, the best X get those scholarships- how is that not fair?

If you don't get it, I guess you just weren't qualified enough!
>>
>>16739223

Also, GPA isn't really that good an indicator.

I'd say how much money you make after graduation is much better- because that's what we're after, the money,

I dropped out of school to start working, and I make way more than the other scholarship students that stayed and graduated- my GPA is 0, but who's really smarter?
>>
>>16739232
Lol. I don't think you're as smart as you say you are. If you have a group of equally qualified applicants, how do you choose which ones get scholarships and which ones don't?
>>
>>16739246

Whoever scored the highest on the SATs- it was a scholarship for test scores, so the people with highest scores got the money.

Seems pretty objective and fair, no?

Now, we have the same scholarship except we say YOU MUST BE BLACK- suddenly, a rather uninspiring score of 2200 is grounds for infite money, since instead of being in the bottom 10% of those that applied, you have the highest score.

Equally qualified means everyone got 2400- which there are lots of people that get 2400s, because they take the test 5 times and super score until they get 800 in each category at least once.

But you don't need 2400 to get money- most people know 2400 vs 2350 just means the 2400 guy took the test 5 times.
>>
Just don't talk politics. If you two love each other that much you'd avoid what really are such silly things to get angry with each other over. I feel I must emphasize how stupid it is to get angry over what are really the tiniest things every compared to a loving relationship between two people. Don't let this tiny tiny TINY political nonsense get in the way of what truly matters.
>>
>>16739257
>if you truly love each other
It's their third date anon.
>>
>>16739257

I forgot to add, don't have per-marital sex either!
>>
>hurr white people r evul
Not even gonna bother reading the thread, fucking drop her instantly. its no fucking different from a white guy saying he hates niggers. did you oppress anybody? no, somebody a long time ago who may have been the same race as you has. My old girlfriend started saying stuff like this, shes a social work major and they practically teach it now. im not a racist and i dont give a fuck about white pride, but at the same time maybe I do, because im sick of minorities hating on me because im not SJW enough.
>>
>>16739246
>not the other anon
But I've chaired financial committees, if it's equal then its first come first basis, I'm assuming that's how other unis operate as well
>>
>>16739228
HAHAHAH. Wow.

Nigga, you pretty dumb.
>>
>>16735927
You're both uptight faggots. My Korean ex and I turned that shit into sexy powerplay talk. Being white ain't luck, but fucking genetic skill.
>>
>>16735927
Yep, break it off. You're clearly not meant for each other.
>Do I break it off with this wagon burner?
lel
>>
>>16739131
>>16739209
A-fucking-men.

>>16735927
OP the REAL problem here isn't that your native girl is on some fuck shit. All humans believe idiotic things for idiotic reasons and then want to shove their idiocy down each others' throats like idea-porn. Welcome to humanity.

The REAL problem is that she isn't willing to critically consider idea and perspectives that don't align with her world-view and predisposed beliefs. I understand her perspective. I've been to the Rez and I can see why the poor drunk alcoholics don't like their lives. But that's not an excuse for them to stick their heads up their asses and ignore the views and ideas of other people. Do I think all blacks are violent monkeys just because prisons are full of them? No. I take the time to investigate ALL of the reasons why prisons might be full of blacks, which leads us to racial discrimination in the court system, the effects of cyclical poverty, etc. etc.

So I would explain to your brain-dead native that considering the view points of other people who don't agree with her is a sign of intellectual strength.

If she can't understand that, drop her. Don't wait.
>>
>>16735942

> 360 degrees and walk away

Clearly you are not Native American or you would have gone to college and learned geometry.
>>
>>16739561
>>16737545

I remember my first week on 4chan
>>
File: 1429439363281.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429439363281.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>16739228
Nigger, you can't even spell Asian right.
>>
>>16736056
Asian people still get made fun of. Sometimes they're made fun of that they're "nerdy" or money-hungry. I never understood why we should make fun of someone for being smart or making a living.
>>
>>16735927
you need to relax. i hate those types too, but she is probably just ignorant and sheltered by tumblr. check her privilege bro,
>>
File: 1453775508362.png (51 KB, 300x225) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453775508362.png
51 KB, 300x225
>>16735927
>Does this girl not appreciate what my hard earned taxes have done for her? So frustrated right now.

I'm pretty sure she does not appreciate the country being stolen in the first place.

You dirty pale immigrant savage..
>>
>>16740179
>shes ignorant

Nice projecting
>>
>>16739220
Yea, and i know 1 native girl, op needs to break it off.

Based off the last sentence, its no good, she deserves better.
>>
>>16736249
It was deliberate from the start

trail of tears anyone

You can't wash your hands
>>
>>16738536
Europe
>>
>>16735927
>itt a bunch of white guys make a bunch of claims of how the killing of 95% of a race and stealing a country was ok.

>while they complain and try to excuse their white guilt

>while at the same time being extreamly racist

This is why noone like you
>>
>>16740519
My correction
"why noone *likes you"
>>
File: 1445221446979.jpg (10 KB, 219x230) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445221446979.jpg
10 KB, 219x230
>>16740519
Kek, haven't posted in this bread before, but kek anyhow.

Was it okay for my ancestors to do what they did? Nah, shit was fucked up.

Do I owe the descendants of my ancestor's victims shit? Nah, that shit is fucked up too.

Kek, white guilt. What a notion.
>>
>>16735937
>>>/tumblr/
Seriously though, you are right "white privelage" is not a personal attack... It's an attack on an entire race.

How OP is the racist here baffles me.
>>16735958
Yeah she really doesn't know any better anon I wouldnt worry to much. People are stupid and can be prone to racial prejudice like this. Especially when education embraces and perpetuates it when its against whites. Just ignore it and understand she is probably good intentioned, but if you feel she despises you or notice animosity dump her otherwise don't sweat it.
>>16736020
>groups
Fuck off racist stop putting us in groups because of our melanin level.

>black guy have harder time.
Yes based on your feelings?
All those diversity quotas must of fucked his black doppleganer up.
Gettinf into a better school with the sam grqdes as well. You know verifiable facts unlike the "systematic black discrimination" that has no actual quantifiable evidance. But your right... Black president never...
>>
>>16740519
Stealing a country from who?
Conquest was all to common before euros got here. Abo groups warred all the time and even enslaved each other.

The only difference is the colour of the skin of the most recent several conquesting groups has been different, so we shit a brick about it. And i am supposed to give a fuck that some dude who appearantly had the same skon colour as me was a dick to some dude who had the same skin colour as you hundreds of years ago?
Piss off. Whites came bought civilization, ended slavery, and yeah were occasionally were dicks to the primative population for a bit. But if you were born in canada or the united states, you should be thankful of it. Your life would be shit living as a real abo. And its hilarious when people think their skin being red means they should go around being apologized to and given free shit, or should act like they belong to an ancient civilization.
>>
>>16740553

You realize you're talking about the single largest population extinction in human history right? And that there is documented proof that people actively trying to speed it along (aka genocide).

I say this as someone who is neither white, nor native american, and generally think apologists and white guilt are stupid as fuck, but you're some level of ignorant that's just amazing....
>>
>>16740560
Not at all true faggot. Prove there was an intentional genocide?
Most of the americas weren't even conquered by whites. They just gave guns to opressed abos and let them fuck up their enemies.
There were a lot disease related deaths as well.
The situation definately wasn't ideal and there were some serious dark moments. But it is greatly skewed and exaggerated while aboriginal behaviour receices the opposite treatment for some reason.
In reality most of it was the clash of two groups of dicks.
Although I will say this. For the most part Whites didn't keep aboriginal slaves.
Aboriginals kept aboriginal slaves
>>
>>16736030
so you admit then that there is no such thing as "racial privelege" hence why anyone can perceive themselves as being unprivileged in comparison to another race that has it better.

What about Asian privilege?
>>
>>16740560
I've posted in this thread already, and I realize I'm probably wasting my breath, but understand: the depopulation of the Americas was not a case of deliberate genocide.

It just wasn't.

The vast majority of the Native deaths due to smallpox, influenza, measles, etc, were accidental.

The European settlers (in all regions) certainly were willing to take advantage of the epidemics, yes. The many massacres, many forced relocations, and the *very few* instances of deliberate biological warfare were atrocities. I have no interest in skating away from those.

But they did not cause the "single largest population extinction" in history.
>>
>>16740502
Yeah I'll love to date a native american girl. They are so fucking hot. I only know one native American gurl but my friend is dating her.
>>
>>16740972

But the facts are:
this was an event that happened,
that even by conservative estimates, this was the biggest epidemic in known human history,
that there were people who wanted to help push it along,
and that the vast majority of the people who caused it (deliberately or not), gave no fucks because they stood to gain.

The contentiousness of the word genocide aside, speaking of it as callously as other anon did is, as was stated, ignorant at best.
>>
>>16735927
I don't understand white privilege at all. My family is from Ireland (I'm a first generation immigrant) and we moved to USA because of how shitty the living situation was.

My fucking schoolbus got blown up by those goddamned protestants a few weeks before we did move, thankfully nobody was in it but still.

"boohoo all whites have it so good" hardly applies to anything unless you're just going to bitch and complain and throw everyone into a category and stop looking at them as individual human-beings.

This country disgusts me and I'd much rather prefer moving to northern Ireland, at least I know they'll hate me, instead of this fucking passive-aggressive hatred towards everybody who they perceive to "maybe having it better than them"
>>
>>16736085
Ok I'll take the bait.
Even though yes, it sucks for them because of that. Imagine how much it would suck to be enslaved and then have 100% of your population wiped out. That is what could have happened if whites were truly merciless.
>>
>>16736085
Considering a lot of native americans were killing eachother, they had a ridiculous drought a few years before settlers arrived (killing off most of them), and the fact that they traded the entire country for beads.

The only time people were killing natives for the sake of killing them was when they started attacking settlements.

Read a history book.
>>
>>16736272
I really liked your analogy even if I personally disagree with you about privilege.
>>
White male privilege is fucking bullshit, every race has hard lives.
>>
>>16741588

It's gotten pretty bad. The whole social fabric of our country is built on petty jealousy and bitterness. And for some reason, everyone is completely unwilling and disinterested in addressing any of these problems at the root, everyone just snipes at their neighbors and gets into dumb pointless arguments about "prejudice" and "inequality" between themselves and complains about the entertainment industry, and that's as far as anyone wants to go.
>>
>>16741704
it's like they're competing to see who can be more of a victim...
>>
>>16741292
Callously.
I didn't. The cold hard truth is just that the aborignals were not some shining light of love that sat around singing kumbaya. Most of the deaths were accidental. I am not excusing any of the murder, or unfair treatment early on. But it certainly wasn't a genocide. And you are dishonest to discount disease and all the aborignals who just killed each other more efficiently with european technology.
Small pox blankets were a meme, revisionist history to make whites look bad. I dont know why but its true, seriously they teach it to you on social studies in school. But if you actually look it up there is 0 evidence any of it was on purpose. Realistically things would have been a lot worse of they just gave them european technology, got a few people sick then pissed off.
>>
>>16735958

That's not what privilege actually means - privilege refers to attributes that the individual has no control over.

You didn't decide to be a white male, you were born that way. She didn't decide to be a native american woman, she was born that way. You get certain perks by being a white male whether you like it to not. By the same token, there are certain other advantages that SHE gets by being a native american woman - so SHE has privilege as well but they are different.

Take a step back from the tumblr narrative and maybe try reading some material about privilege. You don't necessarily have to agree to all of it - it's not like there's some objective truth to everything and every writer is going to have their own perspective - but it is interesting to think about it from a different angle.

I do agree with you that a lot of so-called "SJW's" are not doing themselves any favors by failing to either understand or communicate about the issue effectively but that doesn't mean that the topic itself is entirely nonsense.
>>
>>16741292
Going by absolute numbers it wasn't even close to the deadliest pandemic in history. That's using liberal estimates -- if we use conservative ones that's even more outrageous. If you're going by the ratio of people killed :: spared by the diseases, then it's a more reasonable claim, but this is such a controversial topic with so much misinformation floating around that it's really important to specify that!

The attitude of the "vast majority" of the colonists towards the Indians simply cannot be summarized so glibly. The "vast majority" of the settlers on the ground almost certainly didn't understand the scale of the pandemic that had preceded them, and until the acceptance of germ theory in the early-mid-19th century, nobody really understood the cause.

Official policy towards the natives was characterized both by periods of relative peace and prosperity (many of the northern trading colonies were quite peaceful), humane acts (the US program to vaccinate the indigenous pop. against smallpox, which, while woefully late and not completely selfless, probably saved tens or hundreds of thousands of lives), AND by countless broken treaties, forced relocations e.g. the Trail of Tears, and other atrocities like induced famines. The Indian Wars were punctuated by atrocities against civilians on both sides.

In this way it was not unlike the conquest of any other large region, e.g. the Russian conquest of Siberia and Central Asia, the European conquest of Africa, the British conquest of India.

None of this changes the fact that its legacy is still with us today and Native Americans are still sharply disadvantaged as a direct result of the US government's policies, past and present. But adding to the already enormous amount of misinformation on the subject isn't a good way to fight that! It's not just about that one word, 'genocide', you simply can't simplify a series of hundreds of events that took place across almost a half-millennium like that.
>>
File: cia2.png (106 KB, 424x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cia2.png
106 KB, 424x480
>>16741934
>Native Americans are disadvantaged

Good

Its a testament to what happens you resist a superior civilization
>>
>>16741944
Oh, look who showed up.

Well, there goes the thread.
>>
>>16741955
Sorry I wont adhere to your glamorization of inferior cultures
>>
>>16741962
>>16741955
>>16741944
I mean, in Kylo Ren's defense, white males are the only reason humans have gone to space, deep ocean exploration, etc.

I highly doubt that a society run by women or minorities would do any of that. Look at the middle east, that's what happens when they're left to their own devices.

I'm not trying to be pompous, but it's undeniable fact that, overall, living conditions were generally improved by the presence of "white male patriarchy"

There's a picture that comes to mind but I can't find it. It has to do with a season of the show "Survivor" where men and women were separated on two different islands, and the male island was flourishing while the women went through supplies and had to trade two men for two women due to their island being so shitty.
>>
>>16735927
Ok so first things first, put aside the race shit and just think about her not wanting to hear your side or listen to reason. A lot of girls are like that. It basically means she doesn't respect your opinion or even agree to disagree. With her, it's "my way or the highway" and I don't recommend building a relationship or friendship with this person.

Second, I grew up in a tribe. It sucked. Most drank/did drugs, raised by single moms, didn't work, didn't finish hs, had kids too early. We got benefits. Like being able to make good money working at the casinos or getting into college free. Even with all that going on, I didn't grow up thinking I have it so much harder than a white guy.
People who say dumb shit like "white privilege!" are ignorant to the fact that they're simply generalizing a race. And look at today, it's cool to put down white people on social media.
This girl isn't worth the time, effort, or money.
>>
File: 1453003315487.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453003315487.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>16742089
I'm Kylo Pegasus

The only reason the middle east has advanced at all since the 1930s is because white men found oil
>>
>>16742089
>left to their own devices
That's never the case of why a country goes to shit.
>>
>>16742089

>left to their own devices

I'm sure if I come to your house, take everything I like because I have you at gunpoint, install your neighbour you hate as your new personal dictator and give you a new roommate you don't get along with, and then just bomb the whole place if you ever get uppity about the situation, I've certainly "left you to your own devices".
>>
>>16738070
>she does mean it personally

Not necessarily.

My gf is south asian muslim. Shes on the recieving end of implicit and explicit racism on a semi-regular basis. She also has to deal with the baggage of racism - she was raised by a single mother, who despite being university educated has never been able to get a job that pays a decent wage. As such I appreciate I am in a position of priviledge relative to her. We joke about it its all good.

I didn't like it the one time she trivialised concerns about my job by saying something along the lines of "You're a white male, you'll be fine". I had to tell her - the fact that I am statistically more likely to be successful doesn't mean that I'm not entitled to my own personal concerns and struggles - some of which, at a specific point in time, may be more burdensome than her own. She appreciated that she was being dumb. We communicated, we both learned from it.

OP is a retard who needs to get off the internet. What is your issue with the concept of whte privilege? Besides the dumb 4chan meme groupthink. Doesn't sounds like you disagree with her usage of it, more that you disagree with the whole concept.

Good look getting a non-white qt with that atitude.
>>
>>16742130
>Because the middle East has been a beacon of peace and hope for humanity since the beginning of time.
>>
>>16735927

dump that faggot immediately, saying "lol white privilege" alone should warrant a GTFO card, dumb cunt
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>16742140
Islam is the religion of peace!
Behead....Hug the non-believers!

>>16742131
>SEA Muslim

The ultimate in cultural genocide

>good look getting a non-white qt with that atitude
>non-white
>qt
>>
>>16742140

>because I've immediately run out of arguments I'm going to greentext vague bullshit

Seriously, guy. I expected you'd try at least a little bit harder.
>>
>>16742140
You're trying to be witheringly sarcastic, but right up until the last few centuries, that wouldn't have been a ridiculous statement.
>>
>>16742186
I don't get why anyone would put any effort into posting on 4chan, but ok.

Can you really argue that Islam, Christianity, or Judaism strictly within the middle east has always been peaceful? Maybe before humans were a thing, yeah.

Especially considering that Islam only rose into power due to conquest and is basically the biggest troll in documented history.
>>
>>16742228
Yes. Yes, you really can argue that the Middle East, RELATIVE TO OTHER CULTURAL AREAS AT THE TIME, has gone through periods where it was a bastion of relative peace, prosperity, and progressiveness.
>>
>>16742175

Whos culture is getting genocided? She drinks with and fucks a white atheist
>>
White privilege is just the same BS the catholics have been using for two thousand years with original sin, guilting people into doing what they want.
>>
>>16742270
I was thinking more Indonesia but that's all water under the bridge now
>>
>>16739176
>tfw this
>>
>>16739176

Those colleges are still majority white. You didn't get in because you werent good enough.
>>
>>16736167
black people are stopped and frisked more because they comprise most of the crime in the United States, so of course youre going to look at one particular group of people more that hold the majority of crimes in the country. it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with behavior patterns. dont be a nigger and kill off the niggers and then black people will be able to live in peace without being frisked all the time. it's that simple
>>
>>16738209
female nigger alert
>>
>>16740496
>trigger warning

you wouldnt know projecting if it hit you in the side of the head nigger. you sound like one of those white tumblr niggers who became pansexual because tumblr told them to. go the fuck to your safe zone and never come out
>>
>>16742382
ye mad
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 562x449) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
9 KB, 562x449
Based on this thread I have devised the following chart which I think you will all find illuminating.
>>
>>16735927
drop it off. shes a bigoted retard stuck in the past, this wont be the last time you hear of it. and as soon as she gets on your good side soon she will plain start arguments over this one thing over and over again like it makes sense

i dont think nonwhites look at the situation based in the present. why should white people alive today suffer ridicule for something that happened several hundred years ago?
>>
>>16742361
>be white
>be in primarily white neighborhood
>driving to work, forget something at home
>pull into a driveway and back out to turn around
>cop pulls me over right after
>"do you know why I pulled you over?"
>"no officer"
>"smells funny, have any drugs? step out of the vehicle"
>"uh, no, I'm calling my lawyer"
>pulled out of car and get punched in the face by cop
>have nothing in my car
>he says "you're lucky this time"
>drives away
>I'm sitting in the street with a bloody nose
>I think he just stopped me to punch me
>The only reason he thinks I have drugs is because I have a "CU Denver" bumper sticker and am an alumni from that university
>What the fuck man
>>
>>16742510
>several hundred years ago
>>
>>16742510
>i have no idea what happens on reservations or anything else outside my happy suburban bubble dur dur dur
>>
are you blonde, OP?
>>
Do not date anybody that takes into consederation your heritage for anything except medical research and babies.
It will either end up as a fringe fetish or the defining feature in your relationship.
Those that talk about racial privilege perpetuate racial privilege.
In other words your date is tumblr retarded and you should dump anyone that says privilege attached to an external descriptor.
>>
>>16735927

Why would anyone be with another that hated them based on their gender or race?

You can't change that, find someone else. Drop them.
>>
If you think this is bait, please sage your posts. Otherwise, you're only going to please OP.
>>
>>16742606
Like I just forgot to do.
>>
>>16742606

Doesn't matter if it's bait or not, the advice still stands.
>>
>>16742606
what is "sage"ing? Do we post pictures of the spice called sage?

Can I paprika my posts instead?
>>
>>16735937
>>16736012
>redditors giving advice
don't you guys have a bull to prep?
>>
>all these subhuman PC posts
Should never have given them access to computers.
>>
>>16742556

>says "uh, no" to a direct order from a 'murrican police officer

That's just giving them an excuse, you foolish fool
>>
>>16742665
why would I listen to someone who's too stupid to get into a real college so instead they go to "I have an inferiority complex so I make up for it by being a douchebag university"?
>>
>>16739561
>>16737545

lol newfags

>>16735927
Sounds kindof stupid that she would get mad at you. If you said something racist and she responded like that, that conversation would make sense. She seems too sensitive about her race.

Maybe, test the waters a little long, probably for a week. If she still acts unprivileged break up with her.

Biracial chick advice.
>>
>>16742574
i dont live in suburbs, i live in the dirty south, hattiesburg mississippi, making less than most blacks here. what the fuck makes you think i live a kush life? because i dont have a social life beyond imageboards? do you think you might be a racist fuckface?
>>
>>16737981
I live around a few different tribes in the area. Dated a few in the past and it seems to me native bitches can be some of the meanest!
>>
>>16742680
Sounds like an easy lawsuit.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 19
Thread DB ID: 474302



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.