[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find the idea of "the haters" to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 33d875d.jpg (27KB, 251x301px) Image search: [Google]
33d875d.jpg
27KB, 251x301px
Does anyone else find the idea of "the haters" to be the most narcissistic shit imaginable?
>>
Depends on the context, but only 12 year old "emo xD !!1!" kids and manchildren use that word anyway.
>>
Don't hate me cause you ain't me
>>
Fuck you, hater. Maybe if you were better at what you do you'd have more haters.

If what you do is more than stabbing people and dealing drugs, that is. You are pretty good at that.
>>
>>16726874
exactly this.
>>
>>16726874
>I've never met a black person

But yeah, it's pretty dumb unless the person is a celebrity that is just fun to hate on.
>>
The idea of haters came from rap music, and that made a lot of sense in that context, because the rap narrative is about the thug life and about the perils of becoming suddenly rich and famous when you started out poor. The haters concept comes with the territory, because all the people who used to know you are jealous of your success or think you're a sellout, and rappers tell themselves not to get bitter about it, because those haters don't understand their struggles. Also, there are a lot of people who just hate on their genre, because they see them as stupid thugs who aren't as valid as rock stars or whatever.

I think it's stupid outside of a rap context, just like "swag" and "twerking." Like any term that becomes popular, it's used so often as to become meaningless.

>wahh people don't agree with every single thing I say!
>they must be haters!

Like unless you're famous and doing controversial shit, you don't have haters, stfu.
>>
I don't really use the term.
But i enjoy being hated by simple folk, and think it says more about them then me.

Ofc thats just normal life for a Canadian conservative in uni
>>
The term is kind of stupid since it's overused and often misused.

But it is true that there are a lot of people in this world who will hate others for no good reason, and those people do suck
>>
>>16727230
>But i enjoy being hated by simple folk, and think it says more about them then me.

This

I don't get how they'd hate a person. It's like their first experience of what I've already witnessed over and over, only different people and the same tropes every time.
>>
There are haters out there. However they're rarely the people identified by the sort of people who use the phrase "the haters." A different term you can consider is gatekeepers. There are people in this world who claim to control access to certain things, people, opportunities, etc. and are power-mad about that control. Noticing that those people exist isn't narcissism.
>>
>>16726862
Nope. There are people in this world that thrive off hating others and try to bring them down. That's why people say 'haters gonna hate'; if they didn't hate you, they'd hate someone else, which is why you should ignore them.
>>
Inside the rap community it sounds lame, egotistical, and pretty dumb, I agree, but the idea that hate and ''haters'' is non-existent and is narcissistic on the believers half isn't essentially true, in my opinion.

I think the word transcends its context when it isn't used within the rap community, for example, there's more mature words and constructs to describe this feeling or experience. The 'hate' is fundamentally something passive and aggressive, like a mild form of hatred or jealousy for someone or something, or it at least stems from that anyway. That's what the ''hater XDD'' expresses

This plays out through all walks of life and in many fields of work. People from all walks of life can be affected by this, but it's usually just dubbed bullying or something else that doesn't sound so underdeveloped and stupid. I just think ''teehe haterz xD'' thing is the easy conversion for complex feelings and social/economic/political intricacies... People also develop ''enemies'', or ''haters'', when someone is challenged, feels inferior, is branded successful, and so forth... I guess it's all pretty subjective though
>>
>>16726862
I definitely find it very narcissistic. Nobody really cares enough about anyone else to be a 'hater', unless that person is directly in the way of someone else's life, in which case they're probably the assholes doing whatever the fuck they want to anyone they want.
>>
>>16727738
Oops, I was meant to write
I just think THE ''teehe haterz xD'' thing...

...DoN''T hAtE ThE PlaYeR ,, ` Hate Dah Game !!! XD
>>
If people consistently hate you it's a sign you're a shitty person. People who are too simple/cowardly/insecure to consider what they're doing to inspire hate have no choice but to blame other people in order to preserve their ego.
>>
Yeah, in certain contexts, when people hate you, they are actually projecting themselves onto you. I used to have a friend who claimed that many people disliked/hated me and they did so because I have this "anti-charisma" of which he never gave the details. Unfortunately, I blindly trusted him at that time and overlooked the fact that he hated me too. It took me a while to figure out that why he had a negative attitude towards me. It was due to envy and jealously. He resented me for having certain skills, owning certain stuff, getting good grades, being able to get into college etc. He actually expressed his resentment in front of me quite a few times, but I foolishly tolerated it. Though I was socially awkward, a lot of people actually tried to talk to me in high school, so there's no way I have a this "aura of hate" that he claimed. He also claimed that I break things a lot, that I'm lazy, etc. All of his claims were based on his retarded imagination. In reality, it was he who was a lazy bum and break things more often. He overlooked all evidence that disproved his claims. I did so many things for him, such as homework, projects, buying stuff, giving him free internet access, being a scapegoat and hurting my own reputation to preserve his, etc. But he never helped me when I asked for help. I only ever asked for help from him a few times. In retrospect, he was an insufferable, hopelessly insecure, and ungrateful asshole.
>>
>>16726862

Anyone who actually deserves that kind of vilification is too busy making more enemies for that kind of self-congratulating tripe.

>YOU have no enemies, you say?
> Alas! my friend, the boast is poor;
>He who has mingled in the fray
> Of duty, that the brave endure,
>Must have made foes! If you have none,
>Small is the work that you have done.
>You’ve hit no traitor on the hip,
>You’ve dashed no cup from perjured lip,
>You’ve never turned the wrong to right,
>You’ve been a coward in the fight.
>>
File: giphy.gif (485KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
485KB, 500x297px
>>16726862
Don't be a hater OP
>>
>>16726874
I kek every time I see a 14 year old girl wearing one of those "Haters make me famous" hot topic shirts. Like why is someone gonna hate you? Because you flirted with their 13 year old boyfriend?
>>
>>16727003
This is pretty much it thanks Anon.
>>
Pretty much.

9 times out of 10, the guy thinks "They hatin' on me because they're jealous and that's what haters do!" and the real reason is, "No, we're annoyed at you because you're a dipshit."

By and large, denouncing someone as a hater is a refusal to accept that you conduct yourself inappropriately, and many take it to the point where they can't even consider that they might be in the wrong anymore.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.