[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I an asshole for not wanting to date someone because I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Am I an asshole for not wanting to date someone because I don't find them physically attractive? Is that a good enough reason so long as I keep it to myself?
>>
>>16726252

No, you are not an asshole.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>16726252
>Am I an asshole for not wanting to date someone because I don't find them physically attractive?
No. You need to be compatible with someone, mentally and physically, for relationships to work over a long period of time. And even then, sometimes people fumble a bit.

>Is that a good enough reason so long as I keep it to myself?
Of course.
>>
No, you're human.
>>
No, you are not an asshole for not finding someone physically attractive. That is a preference.
If a person has a personality you really enjoy, you may actually ignore the physical attractiveness. It depends on the person.

Lastly, don't always expect someone to be as nice as they are pretty. Might have to lower your expectations a bit as far as attractiveness goes.
>>
>>16726252
If you don't wanna date someone, then you don't have to date them. You don't have to justify it to anyone at all. It's better to know what you want and what you're willing to compromise on than to just say yes to the first person who shows interest out of desperation, because the latter option will probably end badly anyway.
>>
Are you a man or a woman OP?
>>
>>16726276
A man, why should that matter though?
>>
>>16726252
No. Finding a mate based on physical attraction is base human instinct.
>>
>>16726252
No, dipshit. You might come over as an asshole if you're too blunt telling them it (which depending on the person might mean telling it at all) but not simply for feeling that way.
>>
Only if you're a white man.
>>
>>16726278

It doesn't, I was just curious.

The only thing I can say, is that sometimes attraction can build up over time by being with someone.

This is especially true for women, they don't particularly fine looks as important as personality, you need to get acquainted with someone for that to happen. You don't have to necessarily have fire before the date, it can happen during.

But no, if you don't wanna waste time that's entirely up to you, nobody will look down on you for it. (except maybe the person you're rejecting obviously)
>>
Some degree of attraction is necessary. That doesnt mean it has to be all that defines the relationship, but if there's none it won't work out.
>>
>>16726252
No, you can't help that. As long as you're not like "UGH YOU HAVE NO VALUE AS A HUMAN' then there's nothing wrong with having preferences, haha.

I will say though, I've weirdly grown to find guys I think are unattractive completely cute after awhile. Some voodoo magic. But, I think girls are sometimes different.
>>
>>16726252
No
>>
Of course. No one is entitled to you and your affection.
>>
>>16726278
because men are usually the ones to be this concerned with looks- at least thats what I noticed from mine experience (not an anon you were replying to btw)
>>
>>16726462
Women are just as shallow as men. Everyone is concerned with looks
>>
What the fuck kind of stupid, bait-y bullshit question is this? You know the fucking answer.

Keep this up and that pretty face is gon turn ugly sooner than later, manlet.
>>
>>16726252

You are entitled to seek your own happiness. If you aren't attracted to someone, you're not attracted to them. End of story. The reason why is irrelevant.
>>
>>16726869
No, I didn't know the answer. There's this girl who I can tell is obviously into me and she's real nice but I want to stay friends because I honestly don't find her attractive. She doesn't really take care of herself and I honestly felt really guilty over not sharing the same feelings for that reason. If she maybe had a better personality, I'd be able to look past it but I can't. I honestly feel like a massive prick for saying that but it's the truth.
>>
>>16726987
We were never friends. Your just some little bitch that got up in my face and I let you play me.

Fuck you. Google yourself. That's why you don't get to be picky.
>>
Not any more, bitch.

And tell your fucking little friends to get out my face.
>>
>>16727022
>>16727032
Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>16726252
Didn't Charles Darwin postulate the reasoning behind that?
>>
>>16726252
Yes. Shallow, narcissistic asshole. Looks are an element in relationships but they fade with time and as we age. The other elements are more important, but vanity doesn't care does it
>>
>>16727037
Calm down; it's just a troll. They do exist here on 4chan.

Anyway if you're not into her then you're just not into her. As long as you don't lead her on, you're golden.
>>
>>16727058
They're a pretty good troll. That's going beyond the usual "fuck you cuck, beta faggot" routine
>>
>>16727080
Yup, I almost have to admire it. Maybe they're using their own projection to help with the trolling. Either way I've learned not to take anything on 4chan personally.
>>
>>16726252
You're saving both of yourselves the trouble from going for a relationship that wouldn't work out.
>>
>>16727146
The thing that legit freaked me out is the

>>16726869
>manlet.

I'm a legit, 5" 4' manlet so that scared me there
>>
>>16727295
Nah man I've seen people throw the "manlet" insult around a lot more lately. They're just extrapolating from your previous post and then tacking on common insults to your masculinity.
>>
The first two answers to most posts here almost always make me laugh like the fucking retard I am.
>>
Not finding somebody physically attractive exceeds mere expectation, and borders on the biological truth of human interactions.

If you aren't physically attracted to somebody, then a relationship simply isn't going to work. You can try to fight it all you want, but you will eventually slip up.
>>
>>16726252
Nah, physical attraction is an important part of any healthy relationship.

Would you be happy, and I mean really happy, if you were in a relationship with some gorgeous chick who clearly couldn't stomach looking at or touching you, but settled because you had a great personality?

Hell no, you'd feel awful and like you could both do better.

If you ONLY date someone based on looks, then that's shitty and backwards, but looks are an important part of a romantic connection, no matter what anyone says. We all got standards and that's nothing but natural instinct, nothing to be ashamed of unless you let it take too much control over your actions.
>>
>>16726987
The fact that you're feeling this kind of empathy shows that you ain't a bad dude, OP.

Like you said, sucks for her that you're not into her, but that's how life is sometimes. Not your fault.
>>
>>16726474

I'd disagree. I'd say Women are MUCH more shallow than men. Men come for looks, stay for personality. Women come for looks and stay for looks. This is hardcore generalizing though, of course there are outliars on both sides.
>>
It is.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.