[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 451146939333.jpg (46KB, 722x722px) Image search: [Google]
451146939333.jpg
46KB, 722x722px
How important is family?
>>
Depends. If your family are cunts, fuck 'em. Don't let them drag you down with them.
>>
>>16714948
As far as what OP? I'm married with kids and I would saw my arm off for them, I have a friend who I consider my brother way beyond my biological brother, family is who you make of it, and they are 110% important
>>
there are no obligations to family. i don't consider blood to mean anything. what a petty fucking reason to do something for or feel obligated to someone. if we're talking your parents and they're great, well that's a different story as it's a relationship. but siblings you've always been take it or leave it with, screw it
>>
>>16714948
Depends...
If they are great, don't do anything to fuck it up, you only have family
If you hate your family & they suck, don't look back
There is no in-between
>>
Hi
>>
from a logical standpoint, if you don't see your family as part of you "in-group" then you don't see anyone OUTSIDE your family as part of that group and you cannot be trusted and you should be killed or otherwise ostracized from society (or for modern faggots, we don't "like" you anymore).

So, at a minimum, you have some amount of self-interest in acting that way.
>>
>>16714948
I mean if pops stuck his dick meat in me then I would say fuck that, but if lets say I stuck my cock in my hypothetical sister and it was willing well maybe there is a go? Now is she family or more then that my man
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Blood makes you related
But Loyalty that is what makes you family
-Sky Williams-
>>
>>16714948

depends on the definition of important. what are you assuming they are important to?

you can literally live your entire life without a legitimate family assuming you have a foster system to raise you up. obviously people iwht families tend to turn out better.

beyond that people can say goodbye nad never look back and function fine.

why?
>>
>>16714948
extremely important. Its the difference between a happy stable life and a collosal fuck up that threw everything away because of their "issues". People with families underestimate how incredibly important they are in shaping that human being. I've known far too many people that are dead now from feeling unwanted and outcast despite people's effort to connect with them. Its a hard pill to swallow when you see other familes happy and connected and to know you will never get that privilege
>>
3-5/10 if talking extending family
5-7/10 if talking immediate family
7-9/10 if talking family you create
>>
>>16714948
They are the only people in life who you really share common interests with
>>
>>16714948

question too vague, more context needed
>>
I'm often made to feel guilty for not connecting with my siblings and extended family.
>>
>>16714948
Important enough that you shouldn't discard it lightly. Not important enough to justify clinging to abusers.
>>
Not necessarily.
"The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb".
>>
>>16714948
Without at least some of your relatives you wouldn't be here.
>>
It depends, what have they done for you?

Some people do fine leaving their families behind, they feel like a great burden has been lifted off their shoulders.

Other people literally have their families to thank them for everything they have in life.
>>
>>16715732
Other people don't seem to have trouble answering it
>>
>>16714948
Its all you really have in life anon dont throw it away unless they are toxic
>>
>>16714948
It depends on what you mean by family.

If you can have a friend or SO, who completes you and would do anything for you- and vice versa- then that is the real family.

Birth family is closer to you genetically, making it easier to fulfill the above. But it doesn't define it.
>>
>>16714948
People like this >>16714957
Should listen to >>16714954
>>
>>16717483
Nah, I think >>16714957 has some valid points. If your immediate family is in a mutually beneficial relationship with you then hold on to them, but if they're shit, then that's it.
>>16714954 sounds like he has a great family and a non-blood family member he CHOSE to integrate into that special circle or his.

On a slightly unrelated note I never understood why people say that family is all you have in the world. If they were all obliterated one would still have themselves and that's a lot to have imo.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.