[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are girls the ones doing the approaching these days? At

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: youdontsay2.png (285KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
youdontsay2.png
285KB, 3072x2048px
Why are girls the ones doing the approaching these days?

At least for me that seems to be the case now. Whether it's just a friends thing, or it leads to some dates (sometimes with me being asked out), girls are lot more forward and direct. And even if they're not the ones making the move, they're still much warmer and approachable than before.

Strangely, though, it's usually girls in either the 18 - 22 age group, or 27+; almost never in between (at least that I know of).

Dubya-tee-eff, mate? I doubt I'm alone on this one.
>>
>>16693324
Why shouldn't they? Sitting there thinking "ohhemmgee I hope he asks me out" is borderline retarded behavior.
>>
>>16693327
That's a behaviour a lot of people exhibit.
>>
>>16693324
I've never asked a girl out and I've had 7 girlfriends. It's not just these days. It's been like that for awhile. My relationships go back 15 years. If a girl likes you and is interested she'll approach you. Just as a guy would approach a girl. It doesn't really matter who approaches who. There is no standard.
>>
>>16693412
>If a girl likes you and is interested she'll approach you.
That rarely happens, to be honest. Mostly because gender roles dictate that it's men who should be the ones approaching, not women. Leaving the whole woman-approaching-man scenario a minority.
>>
>>16693324
i dont mind it at all. its a nice change of pace. on the other hand, id say its made me even more selective of who i actually date vs. bang a few times and be done with it.
>>
File: 1452887053641.png (498KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452887053641.png
498KB, 768x576px
>>16693324
Can you tell me your general location so i can aquire a female mate that is forward willing to take charge of her life without a entiled princess mindset.

This is good. A very good change.
>>
>>16693434
Do you really want to know? Because it's become one of the most feminist/SJW cities out there right now.
>>
>>16693438
Yea, if they are taking control or there lives and actully finding men insted of just complaing then yes, please do say.
>>
>>16693412

>I've never asked a girl out and I've had 7 girlfriends.

You must be pretty attractive, I can guarantee you must men do not have this kind of luck, definitely not me in any case.
>>
The only guys I've dated are guys I've asked out. I hate how fake men act when they're trying to get the first date, so I do my best to bypass that step.
>>
>>16693481

I don't know if I've ever asked a girl out, it's more like I just start hanging out with them more and make an excuse to do something one on one after they've dropped hints that they'd be into it.

Not "HEY LETS GO ON A DATE"
>>
>>16693475
They never really talk about SJWish, feminism, BLM, etc. unless someone else brings it up, but okay: Portland, OR.

Due to gentrifying in the 2010s, prices (food, rent, services, etc) are going to gradually increase. So come prepared.
>>
>>16693484
I can't roll my eyes any harder , it feels like they're going to fall out of my skull
>>
>>16693494
You make it sound like there aren't a billion men on /adv/ asking how they're supposed to act to get girls.
>>
>>16693487

>
I don't know if I've ever asked a girl out, it's more like I just start hanging out with them more and make an excuse to do something one on one after they've dropped hints that they'd be into it.

That is literally asking a girl out.

A girl doing the approaching would be offering you to do something with her.
>>
>>16693488
Interesting, tell me is a racially diverse community. Or is it a European American only community.

Doesnt mean im going to move there or anything

You gonna sell your house when the market gets high
>>
>>16693500
And I laugh at them too
>>
>>16693324
>these days
You're just getting older and realizing that the dynamic isn't as one sided as high school led you to believe.
>>
This is basically how it's always been, traditionally speaking. Women are in charge of social life/structure, men are in charge of war and business.
>>
>>16693500
I do enjoy the realness of a person regardless of gender.

There is a personality that is very desireable to woman men want to emulate

I would be a bit conflicted if a female on at date is wearing copious amounts of makeup, because in a way that hides the truth. Yet it also can mean she cares a lot for the date.
>>
File: ..jpg (18KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
18KB, 600x238px
I talked to a girl today. Last time I spoke to her she was a virgin. Now she's fucked two guys.
When I first met her she wanted to date me badly and I passed her by.
Regardless I just feel horrible. I thought about dating her, and it could work but the thought of being compared to past people disgusts me. All innocence has been lost or something.
She isn't the only one. I know this is an insecurity due to my lack of experience, but I don't like the thought of dating people just to rack up numbers either so when she compares me I in turn compare her, or have the power to.
Sometimes I think about there'll never be someone I'll truly love or something.
She isn't the only one that tried to do the same things to me. I pass all them by because they did not particularly interest me but now I question whether to rack up numbers or not.
Because I talk to girls and as soon as I hear they're nonvirgin I just sink down and think I can't date them.
I know the market for men is a long one, as men in 30s date 20 year olds, but it seems like I'm being left behind and its eating at me. Should I have not passed those people by? I distinctly remember feeling a disgust toward them trying to get with me, while they were just as innocent as me. I just wasn't attracted, I don't know. I'm fucking tired of it. I just need to get rid of this romantic idea of love because I accept the infidelity of all peoples. I just don't know what to do now about dating and fucking because I generally avoid it
someone please tell me I'm retarded. Should I go for this girl? I just want to stop feeling so dumb. I'm overthinking things I guess.
>>
>>16693510
Personally, most of my friends are racial minorities, be it black, hispanic, or Asian (my mom's Scandinavian and my dad's Jewish with ancestors from Mongolia).

But anyone who's watched Portlandia get the impression it's the whitest in America. Which is partly true, but mostly because Oregon was originally founded to be a white-only state for much of its history (http://www.liberalamerica.org/2015/09/07/wont-believe-state-founded-white-utopia/).

As of right now, just about a quarter of Portland's population are ethnic minorities. But since a lot of people have been moving here, pretty rich people it seems, that population might shrink.
>>
>>16693529
I've always found makeup to be a weird grey area since I don't find it inherently dishonest. But I really don't understand why men want to emulate a personality, it's not like you can pretend to be someone else forever.
>>
Only the lucky 8/10 bastards get approached by women these days
>>
Vaginas. That is all.
>>
>>16693324
In my experience, approaching women just turns them off. In a way it makes sense, since havinv someone chase you shows that you are a high value male.
>>
>2016
>tons of videogames
>everyone has a computer
>people spend less time outside

my theory is that guys nowadays are not pursuing girls as much as they did before, they got used to masturbating to instagram photos
>>
>>16693885
my theory is women have been found out to be boring and useless and thanks to the internet (which men invented) we can live without them
>>
>>16693568
I would not be fake but i can undertand why some behavior might need to be slightly curved

But im not a bad guy so i dont need to hide anything

But even trully nice guys can be extremely scared of fucking up and ruining everything. In cartoons and media we always see the guy faking himself for the girl regardless of if it works so we emulate that
>>
>>16693906

and you have been found to be a faggot
>>
File: 1451676359407.jpg (909KB, 705x986px) Image search: [Google]
1451676359407.jpg
909KB, 705x986px
>>16693930
Jokes on you hamplanet

Once rift is released I'll be fucking my 800 year old loli on the daily
>>
>>16693543
I know racism can make success harder, but you would be surprised to know that there are a lot of rich brown, black, latino, asian ect. People.
>>
>>16693948
Yeah, but they're either usually non-existent, or ignored by everyone (especially in the media).
>>
>>16693940

you won, i can't argue with that
>>
>>16693964
Its not nonexistant to what i see

Its more of a negitive racist stereotype then anything else.

Also the people making thoes steriotypes never look at that population of poor caucasian americans people. So the idea that rich non whites are nonexistant is really just shit /pol/locks say until people start getting confused with what is bullshit and what is truth.
>>
>>16693324
It's this new generation causing a reversal of gender roles
>>
If we waited for dudes to approach us, it would never happen.
>>
>>16694427
>Also the people making thoes steriotypes never look at that population of poor caucasian americans people. So the idea that rich non whites are nonexistant is really just shit /pol/locks say until people start getting confused with what is bullshit and what is truth.
You should spend more time on /pol/. There's a small population who believe white people who are poor shouldn't count as white or American (and sadly some of them are serious about this).
>>
>guys complain when women don't approach them
>guys complain when women do
Is there anything that men AREN'T offended by?
>>
>>16694452
>Is there anything that men AREN'T offended by?
A good steak.
>>
>>16693885
this women can be just as thirsty as men. I think this can be a factor and the fact that men are afraid of being label as creepy. this is what they get for throwing out the label too easily.
>>
>>16694448
Well ill post this response but to not derail ill spoiler it.

[spoiler] Its like saying Italians are not white becuase they were compitition for reasorces when they immigrated from europe.

Racism is not about your skincolor, or your hair, thoes are just excuses. Identifiers.

Its about limited reasorces and hating thoes who you fear are better at getting thoes reasorces. Like food, water, safe communitys, sexual partners like woman specificly, whatever. [/spoiler]
>>
>>16694476
[Spoiler]I dont know why it didnt work[/spoiler]
>>
>>16694452
I love a woman that can approch a male, specifically me.

Some guys are just different thinking
>>
>>16694479
[spoiler]Because spoilers don't work on /adv/ you fuckwit[/spoiler]
>>
>>16694469
this. men have too much to lose by approaching these days. women (and people in general) are just not developing a sense of empathy any more. if a dude asks out a woman and the attraction isn't mutual her response, quite often, can be downright cruel. she doesn't care if she hurts his self-esteem, shes just offended that he would think she's in his league and she wants to set the record straight.

you get one or two of those experiences under your belt and most guys will say "alright, fuck this" to the concept of approaching women they're interested in.

so fundamentally I can't say I agree with OP's statement of:
>they're still much warmer and approachable than before.
and think that this might all have been some troll bait now that I think about it
>>
>>16694476
>Its like saying Italians are not white becuase they were compitition for reasorces when they immigrated from europe.
Which /pol/ has honestly expressed before.

>Racism is not about your skincolor, or your hair, thoes are just excuses.
It's about racial, ethnic, and sometimes even cultural differences. Which aren't exclusive to skin colour if you've actually spent time with white supremacists.

>Its about limited reasorces and hating thoes who you fear are better at getting thoes reasorces. Like food, water, safe communitys, sexual partners like woman specificly, whatever.
... Kind of. It's actually rooted from when we were still living in tribes, during a time where just about anything could come in and wipe everyone out with little-to-no consequences. Thus we needed a quick-and-easy way to identify who's a part of your community and who is a foreigner (a potential threat). Most prejudices started out similarly.
>>
in my case if i like a guy and he seems shy (99% of the time) i do the approaching part to save them from embarassing themselves/being nervous/other stuff.

i only do that if i like them tho, and if we actually have things in common.
>>
>>16694515
And what if his name turns out to be JOHN CENA!?
>>
>>16693488
I live in Los Angeles
Everyone here is fucking autistic SJWS who can't use a computer
>>
>>16694492
>you get one or two of those experiences under your belt and most guys will say "alright, fuck this" to the concept of approaching women they're interested in.

Too true.

21, working full-time, earning above average and no debt. Barely spend a penny, saving for a mortgage so I never pay rent. I'd like to think I'm well off.

But I aint asked a girl out since I was in school. Well over 7 years ago at least. Gt called "creepy" enough to push everyone away, then the one girl who seems to accept you only likes you as a friend and thinks the guy who beats her and cheats on her and blackmails her is "nice really" and is a better partner than I could ever hope to be.

So fuck that rigged game - I know I'm ugly and a creep and even when I'm not there's an asshole out there hurting as many people as possible who'd easily pull and girl I'd ever hope to be with.

>so fundamentally I can't say I agree with OP's statement of:
>>they're still much warmer and approachable than before.

I dunno... they do seem better nowadays. Though, it might just be out of necessity due to them suddenly realising "Oh shit, did I just use negative reinforcement to punish people for doing something that I'll sometimes want them to do, so I don't have to do it? Oh shit, I better get nice and approachable or paybacks gon' be a bitch cuz I'll die alone or be called "creepy bitch" when I approach".

Either way, doesn't really bother me. No amount of approachability or niceness from a woman now is gonna undo the damage. I'm a creep and a loner, I don't even bother asking women out. It's who I am, can't change it (believe me, they've made that abundantly clear when I've attempted) so why try?
>>
>>16693324
>Why are girls the ones doing the approaching these days?
I'm 26 and I've never had a single guy approach me, unless it was from the safety of the internet. When I like someone, I'm the one that has to do all the work. I've been rated anywhere from 5 to 9, so I don't know if attractiveness has anything to do with it. I know a lot of women reject men harshly, or the guys don't know how to handle rejection and end up retreating into their own little shell. It's kind of a given now that if you're female, and you want a relationship, you have to put more effort into making the guy comfortable with you. The only men I've met that still regularly approach women tend to not care about rejection, and they end up sleeping with whoever they can get.
>>
>>16694493
Yet if has to be connected to skincolor becuause it is the main identifyer, and without an identifier you cant put someone in a racial catagory.

Cultural differences are pretty silly excuse considering that everyone with a specific melinin in their skin and eyes dont all act the same. Culture is pretty vauge considering that its the everyone is from america in general.

I mean the only "culture" whitesupremacists have is trashy getto ways, and violent racism.
>>
>>16694803
>Culture is pretty vauge considering that its the everyone is from america in general.
America is a composite of various cultures from generations of immigration throughout history. There isn't a singular American culture.
>>
>>16693488
>They never really talk about SJWish, feminism, BLM, etc. unless someone else brings it up, but okay: Portland, OR.
I'm not sure you actually live in the PNW. They preach that shit whenever they can.

>>16694448
>There's a small population who believe white people who are poor shouldn't count as white or American (and sadly some of them are serious about this).
Emphasis on small. The world is a big place, and you'll see someone harboring some opinion eventually if you dig deep enough. For christ sakes we still have people who think the world is flat for perspective. Holding up some minority view of an already minority opinion board doesn't say very much.
>>
And you're complaining? Being approached by a girl is the best feeling and great. Most just wait for you and some even get bitchy when you don't pick up on their signals.
>>
>>16693324
It's because 99% of young men are effeminate beta male faggots with their hormones all out of whack and absolutely no purpose in life to be honest.
>>
>>16693324
>girls approaching guys
Not in NYC; and not even with the 10/10 guys
>>
>>16694814
It may not by technically be one exact culture you can claim but being an american everyone has an american culture. American values.

If racist peoples excuse for being racist is
>he eats beef patties and burgers and i only eat burgers, MUH CULTURE IS TOO DIFFERENT!
then its shit "reasoning"

To be honest its still shit bullshit excuses however you spin it.
>>
>>16693324
>At least for me that seems to be the case now.

Can I borrow your body?

Eldritch abomination here.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.