[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Im actually summer-working in a pool in a hotel and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 20160114_162050.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_162050.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
Hi, Im actually summer-working in a pool in a hotel and I have no computer and spend 5-6 hours of my job just sitting behind a desk doing nothing but reading /sci/. I dont wanna waste more time, I wanna learn something. But reading books in my phone is annoying with all the zooming because of the little letters. What should I do?
>>
>>16689205
You read books ON your phone

Drown yourself in the closest body of water you illiterate finkrat
>>
>>16689205

>not just playing with dinosaurs all day

are you not allowed to bring in a real book? if not why are you allowed to read your cell phone all day but not a book? are you not allowed to bring anything in? its a desk jkob that doesnt get a whole lot of action so generally employers are comfortable with you having something to do inbetween random people coming up to you.
>>
>>16689211
Is the only thing I can do. This place is a vacation complex far away from cities. No good internet, no books, phone only, final destination. Besides, my boss is gonna tell me something if he see me reading books in the job, but using your phone its something everyone does.
>>
>>16689228
Yeah but I have this noisy pool machine behind me and I cant even talk to people without yelling.... oh, and I dont like much talinking to people, thats why im using 4chan. You're not real people.
>>
>>16689243

i think you missed the point of my question mate.

its your JOB to talk to people when they have some sort of question i presume, you're there for some reason.

my question was why are you allowed to be on your phone when sitting there, but not allowed to read a book?
>>
File: 1327865651923.png (111KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
1327865651923.png
111KB, 1125x681px
>>16689211
>>
>>16689255
My job is to set temperature on water, turn on jacuzzi and shit like that, not talk to people.
And phones are pretty common right now, every employee or even my boss are on their phones and doing their jobs. I know him and he will tell me that if im reading a book im to concentrate in that instead of my job. But he knows a person can use his phone and work perfectly.
>>
>>16689269
go back to reddit
>>
File: giphy.gif (485KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
485KB, 500x297px
>>16689269
Is this 2008? People still hage tripfags?

>I hate tripfags
>No why would I filter them?
>>
>>16689322
It's like 2010 all over again.
>>
>>16689280

thats pretty dumb. talk to your boss and explain that your job doesnt require complete action, you are there essentially to supervise and maintain, and you would like permission to bring in educational materials to learn, but that you are confident you can maintain your concentration, and will even set ten minute reminders to keep you in check.

ur boss has to be an ass to say
>HURR DURR AN EDUCATIONAL BOOK IS DISTRACTING BUT YOU CAN STARE AT YOUR PHONE FOR 8 HOURS THATS OKAY.

or just invest in a kindle or some shit.,
>>
>>16689327
My boss is an ass, he almost fired me because I was whistling for fuck sake. He's not the kind of people that listen to logical reason, he's my only because he worked 20 years here but he's a blockhead oldfag.
>>
>>16689285
says the butthurt tripfag
>>
>>16689344

then etiher get used to your phone or invest in a kindle and see if he'll fire you over that, cuz right now you're not really asking for advice, you're asking for magic.
>>
>>16689205
>Summer working
Please vacate you third world fuck
>>
>>16689285

>tripfags telling anons to go to reddit because they dont like usernames

its like you dont even know why we say 'go back to reddit'.
>>
>>16689367
My dad worked all his life and he thinks that I should do the same, but I have like 6 friends of my group here and I live alone, I party 4 times a week and this work is not hard so its almost vacation compare to college.
>>
>>16689373
:^)
i agree with you but there's not much point to this, he's retarded anyway and unable to think logically
>>
>>16689364
I was lokking for an immediate solution. And looking in the play store I found some apps to learn programming languaje so I could do that.
>>
>>16689385

>an immediate solution

to a problem you cant solve. this is the framework you built

>I HATE READING ON MY PHONE
>CANT READ ANYTHING ELSE

getting apps doesnt solve the problem, you're still going to get frustrated trying to read on your phone mate.
>>
>>16689390
I dont get frustrate reading 4chan for example. I would like an app which can format book to easy read on phone. Not like actual pdfs. Or not just reading books I was looking for something to do on my phone that I dont think that im wasting my time.
>>
simple - buy a real book after work. If you can't afford one, borrow from library.

if you don't wanna read, think about your future - for example search online for a job, where you actually might be able to learn something beneficial - instead of losing time sitting doing nothing.
>>
>>16689379
Newfags complain about trips

a feature we've had for more than a decade

kill yourself
>>
>>16689399
1) Im actually living in a vacating complex that only have hotels and markets. Cant get a book here.
2) Im only working here for 2 months to do something in summer. Im actually studying software engineering.
>>
>>16689412
You could take a trip to the nearest city, or pay someone to go for you, or tell a friend/family member to send you some, or ask management to order some.

How far away from humanity could you possibly be.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.