[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a president of a uni club and I fucked up by tweeting a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1441847376830.gif (981KB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1441847376830.gif
981KB, 342x239px
I am a president of a uni club and I fucked up by tweeting a sensitive information out. I removed it quickly and saved face but everybody, (lower-rank execs) started getting mad at me and called me stupid and told me what possessed me to do such stupid act blah blah on our club group chat. Pretty much downright disrespectful.

I maintained composure so far and havent said anything but soon, I have to.

What do you think is the best course of action for me? I don't want to look like a pussy or look like an insecure guy that comes out to defend himself.
>>
If it's your last semester, just do what I'm doing. Drop out of the club and just focus on your school work, and your career after school.

I fucked things up at school and got a lot of students pissed at me. Thankfully I graduate this spring, so I'm just focusing on my school work and riding it out.

Spending less time at school (when not in class).
>>
>>16687124
Give us more information. What kind of private info was this? Why did you tweet it out?
>>
>>16687158
It's not. But I have a similar plan. Thanks for bringing that up.
>>16687173
it was regarding a normal dance/networking event we were throwing and tomorrow was the last day to buy tickets. I simply tweeted everybody come buy there are (number) of tickets sold already.

They got mad because I tweeted the actual number.
>>
>>16687199
Tell them you thought it would promote sales. Apologize for being wrong and say you won't do it again.
>>
>>16687221
I did. They still continued to do it. Thing is the magnitude that they got pissed off does not match the severity of the issue at all
>>
>>16687124
Just own up to your mistake, apologize, and then say, can we please move on now? Because honestly wtf are they expecting you to do about it? What's done is done, and they need to focus on club stuff; tell them that. (In a nicer, more professional way, of course.) If they won't shut up about it, tell them they can yell later, after the event is over, because right now you want to focus on the future.
>>
>>16687199
What a trivial thing to get mad at you for. Don't allow yourself to get too caught up in all the campus drama that comes with joining clubs, student unions, etc.

Were paying a shit ton of money for our education, and we shouldn't allow ourselves to get too distracted.

I'm a mature student (graduating at 29 years old). I know right now it's hard to see it. But 2-3 years after graduating you'll realize university is such a small "blip" in your life. You'll probably never see any of your fellow students again. So don't put too much stock into the things they say.
>>
>>16687256
Thank you for your tip. To be honest, the reason I'm seeking advice for a situation like this is because I want to prepare myself for a similar situation that might take place at my workplace. If I know how to react now, I can be better professionally.
>>
bump. I keep getting into similiar situation like OP and id like to know what to do
>>
I was thinking of saying something like.
"It was an honest mistake. Stop being childish. Get over it."
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.