[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NON-RELATIONSHIP ORIENTED /adv/ THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

This thread is for advice not concerning significant others.

Focus on friends, family, education, work, drug abuse, etc.
>>
My best friend is dating an absolutely controlling bitch who wants to completely change his life.

They're engaged.
Do I have a place to stop him or talk to him about it?
I don't want to lose him as a friend by doing so.
>>
What is the best way to get rid of a tobacco addiction?
>>
>>16685342
The patches work pretty well, but you still have to commit.
>>
>>16685342

quitting. pick turkey or weening (patches and gum, no going down by the cigarette).

then, buddy system, distractions, and other comforts. set a schedule instead of just doing it willly nilly. if patches have a recommended time for each 'quantity' adhere to that, even if its hard.

circle back to buddy system and other comforts to deal with it.
>>
>>16685342
Get a week off, get a friend you trust, have him lock you in a room and only open it to give you food and water.
>>
I think my Brother might be gay.
How should I handle this?
I don't want to change him, I just want to know how I should cope with it.
>>
>>16685332

this is unfortunately a sad part of life that really doesnt have to exist but does.

we spend all of our lives looking for a random woman to take us away from our friends and family and other connections - the people who actually stand by us through everything.

then we act all surprised when they break our hearts or ask for a divorce. romance is the most fragile of all the human relationships, yet everyone acts like its the strongest and therefore more important than everything else.

either way, you are losing him anon, so i would recommend being honest. God knows i wish i was. my best friend was already engaged when i met him. once we graduated from college his fiance randomly made him cut off ties with all his friends. i thought it was only me, but i later was at a business dinner where i met his other friends and they had all been randomly cut off by him too, and the general consensus was that it was his fiance that pushed for it.

its funny, becuase ALL 3 OF US were actually supposed to be in their wedding party. i was a groomsman, the other a best man, and the other the 'man of honor'.

but i guess she didnt like that we all hung out with each other at school, then work, and then after hours too.

funny enough they ended up breaking up. i saw him once after that but things had changed so hard.
>>
>>16685359

whats there to cope with? are you one of those guys who constantly hangs out with his little bro, like you share the same group of friends, or is he just a peripheral part of your home life?

ultimately there is nothing to say or do. unless hes an attention whore, dont bother to feed it. if he decides to tell you just be like 'oh okay' and act like its no big deal.

unless you have issues with it.
>>
>>16685363
This is too depressing
>>
My friend's fiance doesn't like me.
How do I deal with this?

I guess I should talk to him about it?
What should I say. I don't want him to feel insulted. I'm hardly ever over but she just kind of throws a prissy fit every time.
>>
>>16685372

it was quite the bummer. really odd too. she never seemed to have trouble with any of us. the man of honor (literally her choice over having a maid of honor) and the best man were both her friends before this guys, so you'd think shed want to keep them in her life.

its unfortunate. i remember we did meet once more before their break up. i had just gotten my first job as a writer and my friend (director now trying to be an actor) suddenly tried being friends again, saying i was gonna be an uncle cuz hes trying to get his fiance pregnant.

the whole situation felt really fucking sad. so much time had passed and he wasnt subtle about it.

my current best friend is getting married now, but im pretty excited for it. shes the opposite of my last friends fiance, shes really into him and everything he does, and that extends into us as friends. even HER mom treats me like family so its nice.

wish i could say i was part of the wedding party this time around but they're keeping it pretty strictly hometown.
>>
I've been trying to find friends, but it's not working out too well. Went to the game club at my college and while the people there are alright, I could never see any of them as close friends. Tried out chatrooms, IRCs and forums that pertained to my interests but also had general discussions, but felt the same way. The cynicism and focus on being ironic/sarcastic all the time of people online is such a turn off. At work, I'm generally around much older people. 40-50. Nice people, but not friends.

Maybe my head's just in the wrong place, I don't know. My motivation is my gf (probably soon to be ex) meeting new people and slowly phasing me out of her life. It's going to be damn lonely when it happens.

Not really sure what to do at this point. Most of the friends I've had have been online. I feel like my life is going nowhere when hanging out with "nerds" like me, and I feel like I don't belong when around more outgoing people.
>>
>>16685389
>I've been trying to find friends, but it's not working out too well. Went to the game club at my college and while the people there are alright, I could never see any of them as close friends. Tried out chatrooms, IRCs and forums that pertained to my interests but also had general discussions, but felt the same way.

You have to introduce events into the equation.
Say you're going somewhere and invite people.
Have people over to drink alcohol and play old N64 games or whatever with.
>>
This is a good idea for a thread.
I'm tired of seeing relationship shit everywhere.
>>
What should I do about balding?
Should I expect it?

I'm 26 and have just as thick hair as ever
>>
>>16685409
Pro tips to avoid balding
>don't wear hats
>don't play American Football
>don't sleep on your back facing up
>use shampoo twice per week at most
>don't put too much product in your hair
>don't get a haircutt more than once a month
>DON'T DYE YOUR HAIR
>>
>>16685409
Balding will not be a problem in 20 years
>>
Ok, so basically I used to use a tinder on the side while dating my gf.

I never used it to meet people or cheat on my gf, but I just liked the distraction because we have a distance relationship.
Anyway, her friend found out about it and told her.

The good news is she understands I wasn't using it to cheat on her.

The BAD news, and what I need advice for, is how to deal with this with other people that might know now. I'm not a cheater and don't want to be seen as one. How do I go about this. Do I confront people? Do I send them a message? I know this essentially boils down to my rep, but it still bothers me.
>>
>>16685454
> NON-RELATIONSHIP ORIENTED /adv/ THREAD
But anyways, you shouldn't put your rep over what your girlfriend feels, make it right with her, proove her you love her and you woulnd't cheat on her by any means.
Basically fuck what other people might think if it's not true anyways.
>>
I made my own thread, but fuck it.

Where does one find a part time job with a university degree these days? I've gone back to graduate school, but no one is calling me back. I have quite a bit of experience, as I worked all throughout undergrad, but no one is giving me the time of day now that I've graduated.

I am physically unable to be a waiter, I have nerve damage in my hands from playing (American) football and my hands shake uncontrollably.

Any ideas, /adv/?
>>
>>16685503

right now do a google search for 'high turn over jobs' and you'll get lots of lists of places that tend to ALWAYS be hiring. it also varies by the area.

here where i live the two easiest places to get hired are the tele-fundraising office and abercrombie and fitch (normally its hard to get a job there, gotta be white and hot, but this particular place was so bad that they were even hiring fatties blacks and pimpled people).

until my recent job, every single job i ever had i got based on a referral from someone. not even friends but completely random strangers i never talked to again recommended me for jobs. EVERY SINGLE PERSON YOU TALK TO you should be talking to about the job hunt. you dont have to say 'GIMME A JOB' but asking if you know any places that are hiring helps.

>B-BUT THATS BENEATH ME

then go starve to death.

and when in doubt: apply apply apply

everywhere. today you apply to every single job on craigslist. then tomorrow you got ot every single shop and apply there. then the day after you go to monster.com and apply for every single open position at any place you can get hired.

then repeat. even if you dont think the job is good for you, apply, then go in for an interview. you can always say 'im sorry but i dont think i can work there' if its truly wrong for you but going in at least gives you PRACTICE in an interview. and you never know, you might like it a lot more than you thought.

when you are interviewing, try to find a way to get a little personal. people hire people they think will be a good office friend. so if you go in and manage to talk like normal human beans you are more likely to get the job.
>>
I can acquire Kanye West level confidence in myself?
>>
File: iXMJt7q.jpg (60KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
iXMJt7q.jpg
60KB, 640x469px
>>16685363
Nigga what the fuck you saying?
My gf is chill with my group of friends and I'm (mostly) chill with hers. My best friend and her get along stupidly well too.

>>16685332
If you and your friends are thristy enough to let your so ruin your friendships then it's your own fault
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.