[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf makes jokes all the time like 'you're a such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1.68 MB.gif (2MB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1.68 MB.gif
2MB, 377x326px
My gf makes jokes all the time like 'you're a such a little fucker!'

It's getting to me.

Should I tell her to stop making belittling jokes? I'd feel like I'm being a whiny bitch.
>>
>>16683636
>Should I tell her to stop making belittling jokes?
Well, what's the context? Give more in-depth examples. I go back and forth with my husband, but we both know that we're never, ever serious. We say some obscene, ridiculous things to each other (that, when my mother heard for the first time, made her want to shit herself with laughter and then cry because it was so mean). If something's actually bothering us, we talk it out instead of passive-aggressively throwing insults at each other.

If you don't like that kind of companionship, or you feel like it might be too hurtful, then tell her. But just be aware that, if that IS what she's looking for in someone, you're going to have compatibility issues.
>>
>>16683644
Her favorite are
>fuck you
>you're so dumb
>moron
>you're a little shit

Today I posted an image of myself from highschool, a totally normal respectable picture of me smiling, and she went into the comments and started saying "omg, what is this? Whyy would you post this?"

It felt like she was implying I embarrassed her, and it really rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>16683654
contineud. I was raised in a household where not even humor was allowed to belittle someone.

I was taught that everything I said had to be supportive, PERIOD.

I physically can't bring myself to say "fuck you "to her even in jest, like she does to me.

Basically, even with my humor, I do nothing but praise her. I make puns about how great she is, I never make her a target.
>>
>>16683636
She feels that you are too good for her so she feels the need to belittle you to bring you down to her level.
>>
>>16683662
probably this desu.

but yeah, probably just tell her, like, 'hey, i know you're kidding but could you lay off? sometimes i feel like you think really little of me.'
>>
>>16683657
Honestly it sounds like you might just have different senses of humor. My husband and I call each other all kinds of horrible things because we both find it funny.

I call him a faggot, he calls me a nigger. That's our sense of humor.

I would bring it up with her and explain that it is offending you, but to be completely honest, it might just be a major difference in humor.

How long have you been dating?
>>
>>16683654
>fuck you
>you're so dumb
>moron
>you're a little shit
Wow. Okay, I wouldn't even consider those "jokes" because they have no humor, wit or merit. She's just putting you down, for whatever reason, and seems completely serious--completely different situation from my own. Don't let her play this off as a joke, because it isn't. She's treating you like hot garbage.

>>16683657
Again, these aren't jokes. She's being an aggressive, humorless cunt. She's bullying you and wearing you down emotionally. You could tell her to stop it, but with her kind of attitude, she'd probably just play it off as joke to play the victim. Or just continue to do what she wants. When someone is this malicious, there's nothing you can do to change them. Get out now.
>>
>>16683669
>I call him a faggot, he calls me a nigger. That's our sense of humor.
I do the same with my guy, on occasion, but I would never just come out and say, "You're fucking stupid," or something like that. I might make light of a bad situation and say, "Great job!" and then plaster a giant fake smile on my face while throwing up jazz hands (before correcting him).

Her comments to OP just feel wrong to me.
>>
>>16683636

Would you be a whiny bitch?
I dunno. Probably?

That said, you gotta know you. Even if you'd be a whiny bitch for complaining about it. It bothers you and It sounds like "Getting over it" isn't particularly an option. So may as well be a whiny bitch now pretty early on rather then just hold in the anger like a different kind of bitch until it gets to the point of where the anger you feel at her under the surface makes the relationship unworkable.
>>
>>16683636
Sounds like your relationship isn't well-knit if you feel belittled by your gf.
>>
>>16683636
Tell her. The last thing you want is to seethe inside for years and years, because you're going to end up telling her eventually, whether you like it or not. Would you rather tell her calmly now, or explode with rage years down the road?

It doesn't matter if it makes you a "whiny bitch" or not. If you're not okay with it, then you're not okay. Every relationship should have boundaries that are respected; just because you want her to like you doesn't mean you should just allow her to hurt you. I'm pretty sure she will be willing to give up these "jokes" more easily than you'd be willing to put up with them.
>>
>>16683636

You're being a whiny bitch by getting upset over those names already

Toughen your skin up a bit, tease her back. Its not a big deal
>>
Just punch her in the face so shell think twice about it. If she keep doing it throw some acid on her face to ruin her life.
>>
Hey OP, was in exactly the same situation. GF was incredibly sweet, kind and thoughtful but sometimes she would lay on the teasing put downs a little too thick. Same sort of shit.

She went too far one time, and during the making up process I brought up how callous she can be, that she would say things to me I could never bring myself to say to her. She understood completely where I was coming from and it's never been a problem since.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.