[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there more than one "the one"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tog.jpg (50KB, 780x416px) Image search: [Google]
tog.jpg
50KB, 780x416px
Is there more than one "the one"?
>>
File: tfw no gf.jpg (85KB, 887x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no gf.jpg
85KB, 887x1600px
I don't think so.
>>
>>16678141
depends.
In the world, there is one other human who you would get along with the most.
Then, there's another human who you absolutely despise and get along with the worst.
In between these two people is everyone else. There are plenty of potential partners who fall so close on the spectrum to "the one" that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Most of us probably never even meet "the one", but most of us meet someone who is close enough to them on the spectrum that we are happy and satisfied with them as a partner.

TLDR: There is a "the one" but there are plenty of others who will make you pretty much as happy.
>>
>>16678141
obviously
It just depends on how loose or rigid your criteria are
>>
There are probably 5-100 soul mates for you on a planet of 7 billion people. But meeting one is unlikely. Meeting more than one is unheard of.
>>
If there isn't more than one, then life would be shit. Because there are over 7 billion people on this planet, and if there is only one for you. Well your chances of ever even looking at them are pretty close to none.
>>
Taken from The Unbearable Lightness of Being:

and now he realized it was only a matter of chance that Tereza loved him and not his friend Z. Apart from her consummated love for Tomas, there were, in the realm of possibility, an infinite number of unconsummated loves for other men. We all reject out of hand the idea that the love of our life may be something light or weightless; we presume our love is what must be, that without it our life would no longer be the same; we feel that Beethoven himself, gloomy and awe-inspiring, is playing the Es muss sein! to our own great love. Tomas often thought of Tereza's remark about his friend Z. and came to the conclusion that the love story of his life exemplified not Es muss sein! (It must be so), but rather Es konnte auch anders sein (It could just as well be otherwise).
>>
>>16678174
You aspire to have 100 women?
>>
>>16678174
The 7 billion pool is obviously going to have some limiting factors.

Gender and sexual orientation are obvious ones. Also for compatibility sake, your SO is likely going to be somebody who was raised in a culture similar to yours.
>>
What qualities are you looking for in a SO?
>>
>>16678228
Well ideally I'd want to get super rich and have a Kate Middleton type situation. I'd be a an oil tycoon and she'd be the daughter of a farmer thats done good
>>
>>16678223
I am a straight upper middle hispanic male. I dont look or act hispanic, so everyone assumes I'm white
>>
>>16678236
then you can probably discount about 500 million east asian farmers from you waifu search.
>>
>>16678266
noted
>>
There's probably more than one person throughout your life that you will consider "the one."
That's about the best answer you can get, unless you have any religion or spiritual beliefs you turn to. Because there being "the one" would take there being things fated to happen. There seems to be some weird grey area where people believe in the existence of "the one" while still saying they lost that person. Which should logically make them NOT the one. Otherwise they'd be together.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.