[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop thinking I'll be friends with my ex eventually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: tan pomeranian puppy.jpg (49KB, 515x343px) Image search: [Google]
tan pomeranian puppy.jpg
49KB, 515x343px
How can I stop thinking I'll be friends with my ex eventually?

We broke up cause we weren't a good fit in the long run and it wasn't the most civil break-up since he refused to talk about it in mature way and kept making stupid excuses, making me feel like shit about the whole thing due to that.

I realize that it might be better to not keep in touch but because I'm not very experienced socially I have this stupid thing where I want to be civil with everyone I've been close to. Like if I chose to be with him then there must be something good in him right? He's really been acting like a douchebag though. How can I stop building someone up in my mind and realize he might not even deserve benefit of the doubt.
>>
burn popcorn
or
kill your parents

it's all I could come up with OP
>>
>>16671761
I think burning the pop corn would be helpful.
>>
>>16671757
Most guys don't wanna talk to their ex's for a long time if at all.
>>
>>16671872
Define a long time.
I mean he's the one who wanted to be friends so I don't know. I'm just wondering if I should be friends with someone who disregarded my feelings to such a degree. Maybe he didn't even mean it when he said it though.
>>
>>16671757
Being civil with someone doesn't mean you ever have to speak to them again.
>>
Holy fuck, be friends with ex.
Yeah go ahead, fuck his friends and be a friend to him
>>
>>16671963
Just move on and let it go he's not worth your time. It's your life though do what you like. gotta sleep so take care cause there will be much worse problems you will have in the future. You will think back and remember how silly this was.
>>
>>16671968
I guess but my previous relationship ended really terribly so there was never even a chance of staying in touch. I'm not quite sure how to approach this.

>>16671971
Fuck you. Not everyone is like the people you know.

>>16671972
Yeah I should. It's just baffling to me how some people can move on from being close to someone so easily if the relationship was good.
>>
>>16671980
Some people you never really know until the end.
How old are you?(you don't have to tell me)
>>
>>16671985
>Some people you never really know until the end.

Yeah I guess so, a pretty shocking revelation.
I'm 25 but I've only had a few relationships cause my first one lasted a long time.
>>
He'll never not want you back, and that isn't something you can change. If he's being an asshole, he's probably mad at you for not getting back with him.
>>
>>16671993
No he initiated the breakup.
>>
>>16671992
Nice I'm only 23 but I've been in my share of bad relationships and I think the best thing is to just leave the them be. If they want to be an ass there not worth the time to even stay in contact with.
>>
>>16671998
Whyd he break up with you?
>>
>>16672002
Yeah I know but the issues is that I'm not sure if he's being an ass to make it easier for us or because he doesn't give a shit about me anymore. He has a lot of stress in his life right now so I can't be sure. I mean I still care about him and would like to hear how he's doing from time to time.
>>
>>16672006
Because we don't really have a future together. I thought I could do anything for it but in reality I would have to give up absolutely everything to be with him and we both know I'd smother him asking him to replace it all with obsessive love and care. Or maybe he was tired of me, or maybe there was someone else. No way to know since he won't discuss it in a way that makes complete sense.
>>
>>16672009
Well don't know you,but I'm going through probably the worst time in my life right now. I know the last person I want to hear from is one of my exs. I couldn't say for sure cause idk every detail. It's really up to you what you want. I'm sure deep down you have your mind made up on what that is. listening to some stranger on 4chan won't change what you want
>>
>>16672027
Why wouldn't you want to hear from them though? Bad break-ups? You think they would start drama?
>>
>>16672017
Well, is he trying to push you away or get back with you?
>>
>>16672029
Well you sound like a much nicer girl than the ones I have dated so it's really hard for me to make the best suggestion for you. You really just have to make this decision yourself. someone you will never ever see or meet irl can tell you that. I think you should not be so worried about this.
>>
>>16672035
He's just emotionally distant but it's not like he has blocked me out.

>>16672037
Yeah I know, I was just trying to get a male perspective. I would be happy if someone cared about me enough to ask if everything is okay etc. Maybe men don't feel the same. Maybe I'm just stupid to care and worry about someone who doesn't feel the same. Anyway I will probably wait for a month or so before contacting him.
>>
>>16672029
Look, the reason it's a shit idea to be friends with your ex is because it kind of fucks with your emotional future. If there are absolutely ZERO FEELS between you, than it can work. But the very nature of an ex, is it's someone you had feels for, so it's very likely that one or both of you still have lingering feels, no matter how incompatible you may be in the long term.
Once one of you starts dating again it will be weird, and there might be jealousy or whatever, it just fucks your shit up. Stop doing this.
>>
>>16672041
Well good luck with whatever you decide. I'm gonna go pass out. maybe we will meet in and never realize we've met before...Yeah I need sleep. so long
>>
>>16672052
Yeah I get it. Maybe I will come to see it like that soon. But right now the shock of no longer having him in my life is too fresh.
>>
>>16672055
Haha have a good sleep anon. Thanks for the chat.
>>
>>16672041
It sounds like you're having a hard time moving on. Just know that it isn't your fault that your future doesn't lie with him. These things happen to everyone. People who are big in our lives one day are hard to recall the next.

Let him contact you. If he doesn't, that's life.
>>
>>16672063
>People who are big in our lives one day are hard to recall the next.

I don't have that experience though. I'm still friends with the people I was friends with in kindergarten. I'll see how I feel in a month.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.