[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we own a family restaurant. sometimes, specifically yesterday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: SLJ__1358521968_crop_550x345.jpg (21KB, 550x345px) Image search: [Google]
SLJ__1358521968_crop_550x345.jpg
21KB, 550x345px
we own a family restaurant. sometimes, specifically yesterday, a group of 6 came in and only 2 ordered food. the rest didn't even order a drink, they just wasted our seats to hang out with the two diners. We cannot legally enforce them to order or pay a fee, but we're thinking about putting out a sign that says non-diners must pay a sitting fee when not ordering. we're a popular restaurant and we've turned back proper diners because some kids occupied tables with their dining friends and we can't have that any longer. any ideas please?
>>
The signs are really passive aggressive. I know it's a shitty situation but when people like that come in you need to keep hinting at them to order. Like have the waiters hover around until they get uncomfortable.
>>
>>16663367
that's the first thing i brought up to my mother when she brought it up. we came to the conclusion for a fee notice after a customer nearly became physically aggressive when we politely urged him repeatedly that the 4/6 sitting at the table needed to order because we had diners waiting outside. he insisted he was dining there and he had a right to stay, we simply stopped arguing to avoid commotion.
>>
>>16663369
I don't think a notice would matter much to idiots like that but if you decide to use one, word it differently. Something along the lines of "seats for diners only, if you have finished please give your seat up to someone who's waiting to have a meal" etc. I'm sure they'll just say that they'll order in a minute though lol. Some people.
>>
>>16663375
i like your idea, thanks. sounds a lot less imposing on customers and it's mostly teens we have trouble with, who would probably go against our planned sign out of spite(cant believe these shits exist)
>>
>>16663369
>he had a right to stay
dont let that get through. It's your restaurant and you can throw him out, if he isnt behaving. Especially if he is becoming physically threatening.

>>16663375
is the most diplomatic solution though
>>
>>16663375
one problem i just realized, where would we put such a sign? if the sign were about the sitting fee, we could simply tell the customer there's a sign outside and it's their fault they didn't see it if they need to be told about it, but we'd like to avoid resorting to that sort of sign. ours isn't a fine-dining restaurant but it is sort of fancy, where could we place such a sign for everyone to see? inside by the door?
>>
>>16663387
true, but he might have played the "nobody told me i cant sit here" card, retarded as that may sound and we didn't want commotion with all tables seated with several children, so we just bit our tongues that time.
>>
>>16663361
Is it possible instead for the sign to say that each person must order at least one item (either drink or food)?
>>
>>16663402
i like the idea, but these days people get offended by the stupidest shit and i bet my ass someone's gonna complain and stir up trouble if it's remotely imposing
>>
>>16663361
Lighten the fuck up. If you have paying customers waiting on seats you need to expand. If you aren't making enough money because some people don't order it's a pricing issue. You're going to look like assholes if you put in a sitting fee. You're better off saying seats are for paying customers only because it supports the idea of you running the business (because it means more food sold) instead of greedy asshole with sitting fee (which just means give money).
>>
>>16663468
dont think moving's an option. we're right by a huge parking lot and there's no ROOM to expand. we make plenty of money, we just want to make more by replacing idle customers. you're not meant to sit and chat all night at a restaurant, you eat and fuck off for the next customers, it's called being considerate. I came here and I'm discussing with my senpai the two ideas suggested, the sitting fee for non-diners is our last resort
>>
>>16663361
As a business owner myself, I'd put the sign up right in the front for people to see. You shouldn't feel bad about kicking a nonpaying person out to make room for a full table of paying customers.
>>
>>16663849
Of course he should. There are 2 people paying. Are you saying that those paying customers dont deserve a table...
>>
>>16663849
with how much of a prissy faggot some people are today, someone's gonna get offended and we don't want bad publicity, but we certainly won't bend over to shitty customers
>>
>>16663468
This.

Just put up a sign that says "Paying Customers Only." A sitting fee is unheard of.
>>
>>16663860
I said the nonpaying ones.
>>
"If you aren't ordering at least something to drink I must ask you to leave, sir."
Just say something like that. Average dumbos aren't aware of laws anyways.
>>
>we're a popular restaurant

Then open a second location, fucknugget.

It annoys me when great places are getting booming business, but refuse to expand or hire additional wait staff.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 150x124px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 150x124px
O' course, you can always kill yourself
>>16663361
>>
>>16663361
If you can't accommodate the demand for your restaurant, its your own fault. Its ridiculous to blame the customers.
>>
Just ask them to leave.
>>
>>16664948

No, fuck you man. Usually me and my friends will sit around and chat after a meal or sit down at a restaurant just to talk, but only if it's not packed. If there's a long ass line outside or there are people that are waiting to eat, then we GTFO when we're finished and go somewhere else. The selfish assholes that op described are the reason why the US is so fucked up right now. It's got nothing to do with liberals or conservatives, people everywhere behave like entitled pricks and don't give a shit as long as they have theirs.
>>
>>16665186
Who is here right now asking for advice? What is getting all worked up over "entitled pricks" going to accomplish? Stop trying to validate your own sense of superiority and give some fucking advice.

Life is pragmatic. You don't get to control the actions and values of everybody around you. You can only react and adapt.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.