[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a more empathetic and peaceful person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

How do I become a more empathetic and peaceful person?
>>
>>16649310
don't,
be who you are,
if people don't like you for that then why should you be friends with them anyway
>>
Think of your life.

Visit /adv/.

Realize you'll never have it as bad as the worst /adv/ posters.

You are now peaceful and empathetic.
>>
Read fiction. It'll help you see things from different perspectives.
>>
>>16649347
I can mostly accept the person that I am, but I am always coming up with a reason to cause turmoil for selfish purposes. I rarely get an epiphany to be more caring towards certain people. And when I do I usually counter that thought with a 'negative' one
As far as the friends things go I agree, but I need to interact with other people on a day to day routine. Ending up like that guy who gets involved in fights in public is not who I want to be

>>16649353
Hehehe

>>16649354

What books do you recommend?
>>
>>16649310
Listen more.
Talk less.
Reflect (this may or may not come naturally).
Ask questions and have real conversations.
Try to see from another person's point of view.

>>16649354
Books are excellent as well. Honestly, just read stuff that interests you. Try to find authors who have multidimensional characters that don't stick to stereotypes. You know you're learning empathy when a character ticks you off and you still try to understand them without actually getting angry at them.

>>16649406
> but I am always coming up with a reason to cause turmoil for selfish purposes
Example? If you're simply a drama queen then really all you need is to learn how to deal with not being the center of attention/affection.
>>
>>16649484
>Listen more. Talk Less.
I'll attempt to do this more often
>Reflect
My head is all over the place so this might be hard
>Ask questions and have real conversations
I'm not sure I know what a real conversation is anymore. If it is someone I find interesting I'll converse, but if it is someone who I don't find interesting I want them to shut up.
>Try to see from another person's point of view.
This feels similar to the reflecting part. I'm not sure I know how to take a step back and do this.
>Example?
I can't think of anything off hand, but I resonate with the being the center of attention part a bit. I don't want to cause drama, but I don't have a whole lot of excitement or people in my life so I don't know what to do.
>>
Only going to bump this once
>>
Don't bother. Enjoy the chaos you cause others as it shows that you are a strong person, independent from the sheep infested world.
>>
>>16649353
Seconded . You didn't post "Like ZOMG!!! There's really cute guy that looks like Justin Bieber's twin in my kindergarten class but he won't have a sex as I am 5year old feminst with lesbian tendencies. I'm going to kill myself unless he chops off his penis and falls in love with me!!!11111" If that doesn't bring inner peace that you are not posting silliness like the above example, nothing will . This place gives me a migraine most of the time with the drama ..
>>
>>16649354
If non-fiction is written in a certain way it has the same effect too.
>>
>>16649310
Go out into the world and place yourself in social settings in different areas other than your general living area. Go to a concert, a bar, library, a coffee shop. The more you talk to people, (no you do not have to genuinely have to care about them) the more you understand life from another person's perspective. Its good shit man.
>>
>>16649347
Does it hurt being that stupid ?
>>
For the empathy part, what helped me was genuinely being happy about my friend's successes, or other good things that happened to them. If you can live through their happy times, or even the sad times, you might slowly find yourself becoming empathetic once again. At least that's what worked for me.
>>
>>16649347
Facebook pls go
>>
>>16649406
Siddhartha
Anything by Dostoevsky
Catcher in the Rye
anything that's not genre fiction trash
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.