[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think that's how chess works, mate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: nips and chess.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nips and chess.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
I don't think that's how chess works, mate.
>>
>>138398388
looks like they put chess pieces where the checker pieces would be
>>
>>138398459
>doesn't know how to play checkers
>>
Maybe it's real-time chess.
>>
>>138398388
i don't follow.

Whats wrong with the image?
>>
>>138399366
Both people are at checkmate; the game ends after one person gets checkmate
>>
>>138399366
Both sides are in checkmate.
And whilst the white kings checkmate is somewhat believable, even if it would require a single major blunder to miss the mating threat from the queen presumably coming from a4, how or why the black king made it to f3 is completely inexplicable and would require a series of bizarre moves from black, and white to allow.
>>
>>138398388
You don't understand, Schneizel was trying to mess with Lelouch. It was never about the chess game itself, rather using the chess to play a political mind game against Lelouch. That's why the chess moves aren't competition legal, because real life warfare and politics is beyond clear cut black and white boundaries.
>>
>>138399366
Double Checkmate.
White King is checked by Black Queen.
Black King is checked by White Knight.
If either moves, they'll lose cause the Black Knight AND Queen checkmates the White King when moving forward, but White King can't move right or diagonal either cause of the Black Queen.

Black King can't move left cause of the White Queen, up cause of the Bishop nor diagonal cause of the pawns.

They checkmated each other.
>>
File: checkmate.jpg (245KB, 928x1024px) Image search: [Google]
checkmate.jpg
245KB, 928x1024px
>>
>>138399438
>the game ends after one person gets checkmate
the game ends when one player loses
>>
>>138399731
I miss code geass on /a/, but I might be in the minority in saying that guilty crown was more fun to watch with /a/. Psycho pass season 1 honorable mention.
>>
>>138399731
How was Kampfer so entertaining, when it was so terrible?
>>
>>138399366
It's clearly not a legal position.
>>
It took me 3 minutes to figure out that the piece at the bottom was a Rook and not the King. I didn't understand. I was convinced that the piece the White Knight could take was a Queen and then I realized that the Queen was already in checkmate to the White King.
>>
>>138398388
Don't they have QC?
>>
File: 1443359105917.gif (3MB, 279x158px) Image search: [Google]
1443359105917.gif
3MB, 279x158px
>>138400236

They can't even get their own games right, and you expect Nips to understand complicated European games?
>>
What opening do you think Shiro uses? I think it's the lolli attack
>>
>>138400291
> you expect Nips to understand complicated European games?
No, but I do expect them to understand chess.
>>
>>138400846

Chess is too complicated for the Japanese mind.
>>
>>138398388
He's that real m8. He has no life.
>>
Both players are in checkmate. This was intentional. Nobody but an Austist pausing the show would notice anyway.
>>
>>138401574
If that's too complicated how did they come up with so many pokemon?
>>
>>138401574
yeah right. That must be why their version of chess, shogi is even more complicated!

More like they are following the tradition of stupid chess positions throughout cinema.
>>
File: 707Klefki.png (91KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
707Klefki.png
91KB, 399x399px
>>138401744
Yes, it truly is an enigma.
>>
>>138401753
I really should learn how to play shogi. I tried mahjong, but never got to actually learn all the yakus
>>
>>138401871
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nundktgdonn/So_you_want_to_play_Mahjong_1.5.doc

Alternatively, gamedesign has all the yaku immediately on the page while you can play against bots at your own pace or you can use any Arcturus (or similar sites) that describe all the yaku.
>>
File: ShogiKnight-VF13-JP-OP.png (49KB, 120x175px) Image search: [Google]
ShogiKnight-VF13-JP-OP.png
49KB, 120x175px
>>138401744
>>138401753

Shogi and Pokemon, like sarcasm are games for the subtle mind.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.