[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barakamon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 19 (11).jpg (125KB, 728x1027px) Image search: [Google]
19 (11).jpg
125KB, 728x1027px
Reminder that a girl tried to commit suicide over Handa-kun when their only interaction was him picking up her eraser.

Author wasted so much potential by making him an asexual dork in the end.
>>
People who need romance or sex in every series so they can self insert more effectively are the worst. Handa's a great character as he is, and the dynamic he has with people works because he's not a generic pervert MC. Both series would literally be ruined if he was sexually attracted to the kids in Barakamon or the girls he thinks hates him.
>>
>>138289028
It works the opposite too you know? There's clearly romantic vibes throughout the series but them entirely being played for laughs is something a kissless virgin would like. Nobody wants him to be a pervert, but it's fucking depressing that he's not had any romantic/sexual life whatsoever despite being a grown ass man.

Those 2 things are vital aspects of human sociological interaction and completely deleting them from the content of your series is extremely jarring. People who think that actually improves it are fucking pitiful.

It's like complaining about shoehorning athleticism into volume 9 because you're a sickly geekboy.
>>
>>138289166
It would be weird and depressing in real life, but the way the stories are written render a romance subplot unnecessary. Barakamon fills the emotional void with friendship, and Handa kun is reliant on his distance to people for jokes.

I don't see any of the romantic vibes you apparently do, maybe a new character could be a love interest but people who want him to fuck 14 year old girls or Naru when she grows up are looking at the series the wrong way.
>>
>>138289326
I was talking about the romantic vibes in Handa-kun particularly.

Barakamon is really starting to become stale as it is now. It's just
>Handa is pathetic
>kids bully Handa
>He says something insightful
>then ruins it
>and gets shit on by kids again
>ends with something about being a part of the village

I mean it's already starting to branch out and follow the side characters, which just shows how boring they ended up making Handa and his life. And honestly the lack of complex character relationships after 12 tankoubon is just unnerving, especially since there's a bunch of kids in the height of puberty yet they don't have any set of feelings other than like/dislike.
>>
>>138289588
Nigga, just because the fact that character growth and relationships are too subtle for you to notice doesn't mean they're not there.

I don't even fucking get people like you, why do you give a shit? If you don't like it drop it instead of making shitty threads about it on /a/,
>>
>>138289326
Just ignore the retard, expecting actual romance from a gag manga like Handa-kun is beyond stupid, and there's pretty solid budding romance in Barakamon between Handa and Tama.
>>
>>138292290
What romance? Tama is 14 and acts it, she just wants to see him hook up with another guy and he treats her like the child she is.

I do not understand people expecting degenerate shit in a comfy SoL.
>>
>>138292251
The discussion has almost nothing to do with the OP you autist. Character growth and relationships aren't what relationship complexity is about anyways, it's more akin to the spectrum of emotions and complexes that get jammed into a relationship with a person. Stop complaining about complaining
>>
>>138292369
>a teenage girl fantasizing about her underage neighbor fucking the calligrapher that just moved in
>not already degenerate
>>
>>138292290
>gag manga and 4koma can't have romantic subplot

Tell me when you've actually started reading manga.
>>
>>138292419
She's 14 and has immature fujo fantasies but she's harmless. And Hiroshi is 18 anyway.
>>
>>138292476
Yeah so what's wrong with a couple schoolgirl crushes?
>>
>>138292500
Nothing, what would be wrong is the mangaka deciding the 23 year old man reciprocates the crush. It's just not suitable for this series, there's harem, ecchi, etc series to fill that niche if you want to see grown men involved with school girls.
>>
>>138292563
Obviously, I don't think anyone was advocating for Handa to reciprocate. It's just weird that Handa is like a fucking Adonis yet nobody seems to care. Barakamon severely lacks blushu.
>>
>>138292711
Every other series has blushu, anon. Sometimes it's nice to just have a comfy series without blushu.
>>
>>138288898
Handa had his ex appear in the more recent chapters in Barakamon.

He's not asexual or anything, he was just a huge austist.
>>
Only watched the animu. Is the manga worth a read? Are they going to create s2?
>>
>>138295257
Prequel
>>
I want to fuck Hand-kun
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.