[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Watched Brotherhood first
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 32
>Watched Brotherhood first

Is there any point in watching the original series now?
>>
Only if you want to see those characters in an actual good anime.
>>
>>137446858
This.
>>
>>137446818
2003 is half fanfiction and inferior to Brotherhood music and animation-wise, so no.
>>
File: Ugh.....jpg (38 KB, 240x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ugh.....jpg
38 KB, 240x240
>>137446818
>another Brotherhood vs 03 thread.
Godammit can't we debate something else while still talking about FMA?
>>
>>137446818
Absolutely none. Don't watch it.
>>
>>137446818
Instead of watching 2003, read the manga if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1454212820930.png (47 KB, 380x494) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454212820930.png
47 KB, 380x494
>>137447199

Sure

>Armstrong VS Mustang

Who is best husbando?
>>
Hughes death was way better in original
>>
>>137446818
Sure, watch it so you never fall the tricks of the idiots who say '03 is better
>>
>>137446818
Unless you're desperately craving more FMA or are interested in the story being completely different past a certain point, no.
>>
>>137446818
No real point but the first part/half of 03 goes more in depth on the stories the brotherhood blazed through.
>>
>>137446818
The original series is much darker in tone, if you're into that I'd give it a watch. Plus the story is completely different after they fight the 2 armors in the research lab so it won't be like watching the same thing all over again.

The soundtrack is just as good as Brotherhood's, too.
>>
Only if you've got a craving to see more FMA, and don't mind the show having a much darker tone.

It doesn't really compare to Brotherhood though.
>>
>>137447429
Mustang.
Next question.
>>
>>137448104

Best intro/credits music?
>>
>>137448198
Rewrite, hands down

All Bro'Hood openings/endings are shit
>>
>>137447664
>Comparing Oshima Michiru to litreally who
>>
Everyone always talks about 03's ending (which was shit, to be fair) but never about the adapted stuff it does up to the point where it goes full fanfiction vs Brotherhood covering that same material

A lot of the earlier arcs honestly did seem better handled in 03 compared to Brotherhood. The stuff with Nina was a joke in Brotherhood, for example.
>>
>>137448263
Yeah, eat shit.
Again was great. But rewrite is the best.
>>
I liked 2003 more because it wasn't just a happy ending.
>>
>>137446858
>>
File: Ow_the_edge-4157.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ow_the_edge-4157.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>>137449214
>because it wasn't just a happy ending.
>>
>>137449339
edges make things complete
>>
>>137446818
The first part of 2003 that actually follows the manga is superior to the equivalent parts in Brotherhood.

I'd probably recommend the manga above anything else though.
>>
>>137446858
>>137447149
original is shit because Roy never gets to go nuclear

kill yourselves
>>
I watched 3 episodes of FMA two years ago and couldn't take anymore, even though I want to give it another go because FMA is my friends' favorite show. It feels a little painful.
>>
>>137449509
/thread
>>
>>137448263
>Period is shit

you're shit
>>
>>137448263
Again > Rewrite
>>
>>137449339
> wanting a story to be tonally consistent from beginning to end is edgy
>>
>>137447173
>inferior to Brotherhood music and animation-wise, so no.
> music
I can't believe there are people who sincerely think this.
>>
My general consensus is this.

>2003
Had a tremendous first half and introduction to all the characters. As the scales were rising you were getting hyped.

Then in the second half everything started to fall apart and it was very easy to tell what was from the source and what was not. That said, once they figured out what they wanted to do, I think they somewhat redeemed themselves after the stagnant middle bit after Hughes' death.

>Brotherhood
The begging was atrocious. It was doing it's best to get to where 2003 diverged, but it was a shoddy job. Up to that point, the characters felt like cardboard cutouts.

After that however, is when it really hits it's stride with all of the exciting new stuff non-manga readers have never seen before. It stays strong all the way to the end and doesn't slow down, sometimes to a fault.


Basically, do you prefer a strong first half or a strong second half?
>>
>>137446858
No
>>
>>137452228
> My general consensus
I don't think you understand how a consensus works
>>
File: 1330011204452.jpg (41 KB, 450x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1330011204452.jpg
41 KB, 450x450
>>137452485
I had only realised what I wrote when it was too late.

Sorry anon.
>>
>>137449740
Period is the best op in brotherhood hands down
>>
>>137446818
If you're morbidly curious enough to want to see how utterly inferior FMA 03 is, then sure.
>>
>>137448263

Hologram is my favourite.
>>
>>137446858
These baits always gets me
>>
File: 858hIed.gif (718 KB, 360x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
858hIed.gif
718 KB, 360x270
>People think Brotherhood is actually better

I never come to /a/, just kind of wandered in today. I had ZERO idea people that ANY of you faggots thought Brotherhood was better.

03 is love
03 is life
>>
>>137446818
The 2003 version has a few good things that make it worth watching; personally I view it as a weird fanfiction. Brotherhood is a far better story, but the 2003 version has a better creep factor I guess. It has less lovable characters (no chinamen) and has a strange ending.
>>
HOLOGRAM IS THE BEST OPENING
>>
Better pacing and no shounen shit dominating the latter half.
And the villains in 03 are far fucking superior to Brotherhood.
And before you nihongophiles say it; Dante was just as shallow as Father was but unlike the manga, it actually served a narrative point.

Music is superior.

Brotherhood/manga relied on too much "MUH NAKAMA" crap to actually be of any value to anyone older than 15.

Brotherhood is a very good and at times excellent shounen show.
03 is a merely good seinen.

Another thing in favor of 03: IT'S THE ONLY REASON FMA GOT ANOTHER ADAPTATION WITH AN INSANE BUDGET TO BOOT.
>>
>>137453850

Haven't looked at IMDB?

>Top 250 TV shows

>Brotherhood: #23

>03: #95
>>
File: Doctorsayswat.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Doctorsayswat.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
>>137453906
>HOLOGRAM IS THE BEST OPENING
Shit taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1V816mVdU
>>
>>137448263
Get fucked nigger, the FMA openings/endings weren't bad but the brotherhood ones were so much better
>>
>>137453917

>Father
>shallow
>>
>>137453850
That's typically the opinion edgy teenagers have.
>>
>>137446818
>Is there any point in watching the original series now?
Did you like brotherhood?
>if yes, don't watch the other series
>if no, don't watch the other series
FMA was babies first anime for a lot of people, they can't take their nostalgia glasses off for it and realize how crap it was.
Brotherhood was in my opinion decent.
>>
>>137453917
FMA got another adaptation because the manga was super popular and fans wanted a real adaptation of it instead of Bones fanfiction.
>>
>>137453938
>Using IMDB as a barometer

Throne of Blood is ranked at 228.
And TDK is all up at number 4

Fuck that noise.
>>
nah probably not but you really should have watched the first anime and read the manga rather than watching brotherhood.

FMA brotherhood is surplus to requirement and does a really rushed, half-ass job of many of the best parts of the first 4 or 5 volumes of the manga.

IF your first experience with FMA is watching FMA brotherhood then you have really done yourself a disservice.
>>
>>137453977
>I SHALL BECOME GOD

WOW
IT'S LIKE I'VE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER VILLAIN HAVE THIS AMBITION
EXCEPT 90% OF EVERY MANGA EVER.
>>
>>137446818
Original is better.
Watch if you want better scenes and animation
>>
>>137453917
>IT'S THE ONLY REASON FMA GOT ANOTHER ADAPTATION WITH AN INSANE BUDGET TO BOOT.
>a fanfic is the only reason one the most popular shounen of all time got a good anime adaption

what the fuck are you even smoking
>>
I got WAY more into BH. the story was coherent and it was the best IMO. I watched 03 first, but I got bored with it. FMABH was never really boring to me. my fave openings were 1 and 2.
>>
>>137447124
2003 ending > Brotherhood ending
>>
>>137453992
> implying teenagers don't prefer Shonenhood
>>
>>137454132
a-atleast he had goals ;_;
>>
>>137454059
FMA got another adaptation with a budget to boot because FMA 03 was popular enough to warrant it.

Same as the original Hellsing became an overnight sensation despite the adaptation itself being outright crap at parts.
>>
>>137454170
That ending was a god damn train wreck
>>
>>137447173
>inferior to Brotherhood music and animation-wise, so no.
How fucking wrong can you be, it's the two strong points of 2003.
Brotherhood is more detailed but the animation is not on par with the fluidity of 2003.
>>
>>137454212
That makes zero sense. The manga was the primary motivation for Brotherhood to be made. That's why when remaking it they stuck to the manga's artwork and story like glue. 2003 took liberties with Arakawa's style and added fillers and eventually went anime-original once they caught up with the manga.

Brotherhood was planned specifically to mirror the manga as closely as possible, they even timed it so the last episode of Brotherhood premiered within days of the last manga chapter's publication.
>>
>>137454132
>I shall become god
>He just wanted to learn every truth there is to know

WRONG FAGGOT
>>
'03 was better, no typical japanese "everything turned out alright" ending, just sad ending to a sad story. Anyone who disagrees is either scared to go outside or runs away from reality.
>>
>>137454141
FMA got popular enough for people to buy the dvd in japan and overseas in droves
Bones sees this and decides to make another adaption and breaking the bank while doing so because they know for an outright FACT that they will make their money back guaranteed.

How do you not get this?
>>
>>137454226
It was far more satisfying than "hurr let's beat up god with our animal friends and everyone gets everything they wanted and go home happy". The whole series set up a theme of sacrifice, and Brotherhood shat all over that while 03 stayed consistent. 03 > Brotherhood.
>>
>>137454294
>The manga was the primary motivation for Brotherhood to be made
And im sure the runaway success of the original adaptation had NOTHING to do with it. No correlation at all i'm sure.
>Brotherhood was planned specifically to mirror the manga as closely as possible
A full 6 fucking years after 03 was originally aired and became an international hit.

Christ you people are dense.
>>
No.
>>
>>137454340
>Bones sees this and decides to make another adaption
Okay so not only are you completely retarded you don't even know how anime is made. Bones is a fucking anime studio, not a publisher. They don't own FMA, it's not their IP, they don't get to decide to make another anime for it. That power falls squarely with Arakawa, who defers it to her publisher (Enix in this case) like basically all mangaka do.

Enix decided to Greenlight a new adaptation because the manga was ending within a year or so and there was still a lot of demand for an adaptation since it was one of the best selling monthly shounens out there.
>>
>>137453850
Get back to wathever shithole you crawled from
>>
Stop it girls- you are both pretty. Can we just go over which theme song is the best? I go to 1 and 2.
>>
>>137454449
>the runaway success
It didn't even break the best seller's list, not even the first volume. The 2003 anime did it's job though, which was to spike manga sales. Only the manga hype far outlived the 2003 anime's hype, so much so that Enix decided it was enough to sustain a second, more faithful adaptation. Which is what they went for.
>>
File: 1371384229650824.png (46 KB, 480x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371384229650824.png
46 KB, 480x640
>>137447429
>Who is best husbando?
Hughes
>>
>>137453717
I honestly can't tell if it's part of /a/'s notoriously shitty taste or bait at this point.
>>
File: 1452031939905.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452031939905.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>>137454513
>Bones is a fucking anime studio, not a publisher. They don't own FMA, it's not their IP, they don't get to decide to make another anime for it. That power falls squarely with Arakawa, who defers it to her publisher (Enix in this case) like basically all mangaka do.
>Enix decided to Greenlight a new adaptation because the manga was ending within a year or so and there was still a lot of demand for an adaptation since it was one of the best selling monthly shounens out there.
And again, the runaway success of 03 had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.
No. Just ignore that gravy train and the untold amounts of money Arakawa is swimming in from both adaptations.
>>137454687
>It didn't even break the best seller's list, not even the first volume.
Bullshit it did. I demand a goddamn source for bullshit of that caliber.
That shows popularity spread like wildfire. It was goddamn inescapable.
>>
>>137454771
objectively the correct answer

best dad too (although that's not that much of a achievement in this series)
>>
>>137446818
Not really.

But some of the characters get more development in the original series. Like Hughes. I thought his death was a lot more impactful in the original series.

And the original has Havoc's date with Catherine Armstrong. Of course, you could just skip directly to that episode and watch it.
>>
File: 46843874_p0.jpg (394 KB, 842x595) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
46843874_p0.jpg
394 KB, 842x595
>>137447470
Homunculi were way better in 2003 too.

Except fuhrer
>>
>>137454341
>The whole series set up a theme of sacrifice
No it didn't you fucking retard, The theme was sins of humanity and growing up.
>>
>>137456333
Fuhrer King Bradley wrath was top fucking tier

I also have a soft spot for brotherhood sloth; his incessant complaining about thing being a pain made me laugh and feel ;_;
>>
>>137456333
Lust and Envy were the only ones that did anything. Wrath and Sloth were fucking retarded as neither of those sins had anything to do with Ed or Izumi.
>>
>>137446818
No.
>>
>>137446818
Ed and Al fuck sexier waifus.
>>
>>137457132
What? Both of them were virgins all the way to Nazi Germany.
>>
>>137456838
No, it was sacrifice and growing up. More accurately learning to deal with the fact that some things lost cannot be regained and maturing from that.
>>
>>137457172
>all the way to Nazi Germany
The film never happened. The series ended in the bombing of London during WW1. Fuck that movie.
>>
>>137457172
so did FMA 2003 just leave Winry behind? Was she mentioned at all in the movie?
>>
>>137457334
Winry was in the movie.
>>
>>137457270
Yeah it really went through with that giving Izumi her child back and Ed sacrificing nothing to bring back Al from the dead.
>>
>>137455236
>best dad
>FMA
Doggy style, "I am a 1000 year old monster", and "I am a monster with an eyepatch", he's got a load of competition.
>>
>>137457052
Don't say rude things about 2003 Sloth. She is more relevant to the plot and has more personality than 90% of canon homunculi.

I'm agree with Wrath though.
>>
>>137446818
nope. not unless all you want is suffering and bad ends.
>>
>>137457644
>giving Izumi her child back
She didn't. He left.
>Ed sacrificing nothing
He sacrificed himself. He won't ever see his brother or his friends and family again.
>>
File: 1455301286583.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1455301286583.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>137457097
holy shit I forgot about that guy, why did he exist?
>>
>>137457803
You forgot "I made chimeras out of my wife and a dog and then my daughter and a dog" and "I'm actually just a goldfish in a test tube". If we go by manga continuity as well, we have "I'll have my student in fire alchemy burn the secret of this one rare form of alchemy off your back and leave a horrible scar" or "My son and daughter are fucking up the house so let's go on vacation".
>>
>>137458004
Not him, but you do realize Ed had to sacrifice his knowledge of alchemy in Brotherhood just to get Al back, right? Oh, and to give Edward his arm back, Al had to sacrifice himself. The brothers had to sacrifice something to be able to perform alchemy WITHOUT a transmutation circle. Roy's ambition caused Hughes' death and nearly killed Riza.

But y'know
>Brotherhood wasn't about sacrifice!
>>
>>137458014
because he is a robot killing machine
>>
>>137446818
You should of watched the original first OP.
>>
>>137458184
b-but the happy ending!!
>>
>>137458184
>Brotherhood wasn't about sacrifice
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>137446818

After they diverge, they're like 2 different stories, so sure, go watch the original too.
>>
>>137458082
>"I'll have my student in fire alchemy burn the secret of this one rare form of alchemy off your back and leave a horrible scar" or "My son and daughter are fucking up the house so let's go on vacation"
Holy shit I forgot about them! Doggystyle was chimaera dude, I thought it was more succinct. FMA was like a guide "On How Not to be a Father".
>>
>>137457172
Al got a woman inside of him, and he was fucking Rose post-series.

Ed slept with the maid who was taken over by the immortal, and then fucked Gypsy Rose.
>>
>>137458184
>Ed had to sacrifice his knowledge of alchemy in Brotherhood
Nope. He didn't. He sacrificed his ability to perform alchemy, but his knowledge never went anywhere. You have no idea what you're talking about unfortunately.
>>
>>137454170
This is b8 /a/, and the person posting it is a huge faggot. He was later b& and killed himself and we all got icecream afterwords.
>>
>>137458267
>You can't have a happy ending! It's generic and boring! Contrarian opinion!
Fuck. Off.
>>137458275
>Not reading the quotes
I don't spoonfeed stupid cunts.
>>
original FMA is worth watching just by the fact that you can see bones in its prime
>>
>>137458377
I'll answer for you. You aren't quoting anyone. You've constructed a strawman to attack instead of addressing the actual points, and now you're getting angry because you're being called out for your bullshit.
>>
>>137458320
Yeah, between dying, using family members for inter-species breeding, refusing to punish two unruly children, being a test tube thing, being a 1,000 year old deadbeat, Hitler 2.0, and using your own child for teaching others a pretty fucking dangerous art, I gotta say FMA shit on being a dad.
>>137458344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cga0x8Q9g
>Sacrifice's his Portal of Truth
>Basically a door to infinite knowledge and understanding
Right
>>
>>137458495
Then you're 0/3 and need to fuck off before you damage your credibility further.
>>
>>137458495
See >>137454341
And stop being so fucking retarded
>>
>>137459004
Saying something shat over the theme of sacrifice is not the same as saying that something is altogether not at all about sacrifice. One criticizes the execution of it, the other denies it exists. You're not very clever, are you.
>>
Boobs or thighs or butts?
>>
mrw everyone has to put a snarky lame insult at the end of each of their patrician arguments
>>
>>137454132

Dante was just human, who wanted to be immortal. I don't even know why the '03 homunculi tried to take over the military.

Father was otherwordly being who was ready to sacriface the whole world in order to understand the said world. Reminded me of that stone mason from that daoist folk tale.

On the different note but speaking of the villain, I liked how there was kind of "ouroboros" thing going with the whole of the story. Homunculus was brought to this world with the blood of Hoenheim and in sense he was father of it. Homunculus started the trouble and it was sons of Hoenheim who needed to end it all. Gives to the story little feel of pottery.
>>
>>137459957
it's funnier when you remember they're arguing about FMA of all things
>>
>>137454265
2003 has nothing that can match the Greed fights or Mustang vs Envy/Lust in Brotherhood
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
I like Brotherhood more as a whole, but to be honest, Hughes death was much better handled and had more impact in 2003, because he was actually like a father for the boys, while in Brotherhood we barely know him, so his death has much less impact because of being too early in the series
>>
>>137462599
Agreed, and the same thing goes for Nina's death, and for us getting to know Shao Tucker more so his heinous actions are even more surprising/disturbing
>>
Watch first half of 2003, switch to Brotherhood after Hughes dies.

Best experience.
>>
>>137446818
I think the Tucker Arc was better portrayed in the 2003 anime, which really made the conclusion punch everyone in the gut all the more viciously.

Other than that? Nah, not really.
>>
I watched the orginal first. Then I watched brotherhood. Brother hood was just really boring at some parts, the original had faster transitioning character develpoment, story was more interesting. The original just never had me caring for the story.
>>
>>137462599
This was probably the biggest flaw. I understand they wanted to get through the old stuff and into the new, and they were devoted to following the manga, but they really should have built up that stuff. It was still impactful, but wasn't Nina introduced and turned into a chimaera in the same episode in Brotherhood?
>>
Desu as someone that reads literatue 03 kind of had it good where the big bad wasn't some guy becoming super Satan or whatever, he was just some dude screwing others because he and his wife wanted to live forever. The ending is also bittersweet which is kind of a lot like 19th century russian literature.
brotherhood was shounen
good shounen, but shounen nonetheless
>>
I didn't like any of the shit dealing with the East or alchehistry.
I hated the sound effect that played whenever Scar twitched his arm.
I didn't care for the villain.
>>
>>137454513
Bones isn't owned by Enix. Enix can't compel Bones to make an adaptation if they don't want to, and nothing forces Enix to chose Bones for the second adaptation, as many shows with multiple adaptations have been done by different studios. Pretty sure the success of the 03 anime influenced their decision on this matter though.
>>
I watched the original a few years ago and still haven't watched Brotherhood

I get that it's different, but there's still the factor of "but I've already seen these characters and this setting" keeping it down on my backlog
>>
>>137457052
In contrast Lust did jack shit in Brotherhood/manga.
>>
2003 was 13 years ago.
>>
>>137463877
You could just skip like the first 11 episodes of Brotherhood to get to the point where they diverge.
>>
>>137463986
I'm far too autistic to do that
>>
>>137463925
She was the first homunculus to die. It can't be helped.
>>
>>137464318
Gluttony and Greed came back, but Lust just kicked the bucket and stayed that way. Zero strategic value and died like a bitch compared to the others.
>>
>>137464376
To be fair it doesn't sound easy to come back from Mustang going nuclear all over your face
>>
>sloth's philosopher stone runs out

I'm still fucking mad
>>
File: envywrath.jpg (39 KB, 573x579) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
envywrath.jpg
39 KB, 573x579
should I watch the sacred star of milos?
>>
>>137464734
Only if you like rotoscoped everything.
>>
File: 1454542182583.jpg (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454542182583.jpg
135 KB, 1920x1080
>>137464489

>Mustang going nuclear all over your face

That sounds lewd.

But I like it.
>>
>>137464489
Envy dealt with it just fine.
>>
>>137464734
If you're willing to watch a movie only for the animation the go ahed, the story it's shit.
>>
It's weird, having only read the manga 2003 ver. seems like an entirely different story.

Honestly, I was a bit disappointed with how it all ended, it felt like the mangaka just wasn't having it anymore and compromised on a lot of the themes that made the original volumes so tense.

Also manga sloth was shit outside of literally the last page where he smiles while dying. Really pissed me off that a homunculus role got strapped by such a non-character while they suddenly give such big roles to the 4 chimera soldiers.
>>
>>137464879
If running away like a bitch counts as dealing with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rzCRucQzeY
>>
>>137464970
What? Sloth loses to the Armstrong siblings and Curtis couple. How does he lost to non-characters?
>>
>>137465035
He lived. That's all that matters.
>>
>watch a collection of outtakes from FMA Brotherhood
>only like 2 clips are actual bloopers where someone misspoke
>everything else is the voice actors saying dumb bullshit instead of the line.
>both of the bloopers are by Armstrong
>>
File: 1384785799427.png (548 KB, 623x630) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1384785799427.png
548 KB, 623x630
Why watch the anime when you can read the manga?
>>
>>137446818
Watch at least the 2003 version of the Tucker arc. It's so much better than in Brotherhood and even the manga
>>
File: kimbly.png (402 KB, 852x348) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kimbly.png
402 KB, 852x348
Which was the better Crimson Alchemist?
>>
>>137465035
And Mustang possibly just enjoyed torturing Envy instead of trying to killed him as soon as possible like when he faced Lust.
>>
>>137465070
They are all non characters except Izumi and that manface from north pole.
>>
>>137465267
Brotherhood as he was a three dimensional character and not just a boss fight for Scar's revenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IWcOKVJ1E4
>>
>>137446818
>Is there any point in watching the original series now?

They're not so good that you should bother watching either.

But you clearly have nothing better to do, so yes, go fucking watch 03 and form your own opinion, you worthless piece of shit.

We look forward to your blog post when you're done.
>>
>>137465637
>talking shit about armstrong
Kill yourself desu senpai
>>
>>137465247
nigger
>>
>>137465267
Brotherhood Kimbly, not even a contest.
>>
>>137465267
He and Bradley's Brotherhood versions completely shit on their 2003 counterparts.
>>
even if you are right and there was STRONG correlation ( there was not) that still does not imply causation. Learn you some you stupid bitch.
>>
The "original series" is only there because Brotherhood want finish yet. Brotherhood technically IS the original the other one was just for America's
>>
No. I saw FMA first and FMAB second. The first series is fucking retarded. The nazi shit ruined it. fmab ended the series perfectly
>>
Is Brotherhood an American-only thing? Because the title in Japanese is still Hagane no Renkinjutsushi.
>>
File: 2003.jpg (21 KB, 1099x34) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2003.jpg
21 KB, 1099x34
Reminder Brotherhood is only more popular than 2003 in the west, where it is worshiped by many shounenfags.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQ_wETHM-M
No
>>
>>137465849
This, but for every single character in Brotherhood.
>>
>>137467502
>dub
Remove this post.
>>
>>137449624
Your friends are probably normal fags
>>
>>137467439
Nips have shit taste what else is new
>>
>>137452228
Honestly, I don't fault Brotherhood for a weak start, because I get the impression it was intentionally glossed over so they could get to the 'new' (not previously animates) content faster. If 2003 hadn't already been made, the arcs it shares with brotherhood would have gotten more attention in brotherhood.

To be fair, that's basically how I watched it, anyhow. Watched 03 until shortly before Hughes died, then switched to brotherhood for the rest. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>137446858
Why cant any of you cunts discuss a series without going to extremes.

Oh wait. This is /a/ after all
>>
>>137467439
They like Gundam Seed.
Further proves 03 is terrible.
East confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>137464734
Its a great stand alone show if you don't try too hard thinking about where it fits into the story line.
>>
>>137468437
That's not so bad, Seed Destiny was the really bad one.
>>
>>137468566
They like that too.
>>
>>137453967
>Ready Steady Go
It'll forever live in my soul
>>
>>137457097
This alone turns me off from ever wanting to watch the original, desu.
>>
I cant watch Brotherhood because of how hard they rushed the intro. I understand its because they favor more story, i understand theres development going to happen later, but its so damn sloppy. Ive been told the only way to enjoy it is to pretend all the development of the original happened in brotherhood and start from episode 14, but fuck it I have other shit I can watch so Im not gonna bother.
>>
>>137470376
just read the manga, in that case.
>>
>>137465849
I'm an 03fag all the way, but even I'll agree with this. They're the only two characters for which this is the case, though.
>>
>>137471724
Except Hawkeye, The Armstrong family, Doctor Marcoh, Hohenheim, Scar, Rose, Winry, Barry the Chopper, Yuki, Envy, Mustang.
>>
>>137471642
This, I've tried watching Brotherhood, even skipping to a dozen episodes in, but I just don't find it as good as the manga. If you can't get into Brotherhood give the manga a shot (if you haven't).
>>
>>137446858

people call this bait. But it's the truth.

>great animation
>great music
>well paced.

even with it's plot holes, it far more enjoyable than brotherhood.
>>
>>137472129
Ed and Al were better in 2003 and that is really all that matters to me.
>>
>>137470376
I wish they had kept up the pace from the start of brotherhood. Whole thing starts to drag big-time once they hit the brakes. It could've been a three-cour show, and would have been the better for it.
>>
>>137472219
Reminder that Al forgot everything that happened and has learned nothing from his journey.
>>
>>137453850
>I never come to /a/ I just wandered in
that explains your utterly shit taste, huh
>>
Read the manga, loved it.
Watched Brotherhood, thought it was a pretty good adaption.
Watched the first 3 episodes of 03 and already it's off the rails with original characters, glacial pacing, and overly melodramatic everything. If it's so wrong this quickly, I can only imagine how much worse it gets.
>>
>>137472418
You are retarded
>>
>>137472445
at least I don't have shit taste in anime :^)

because it's a goddamn fact that the manga doesn't have a bird-man and a puppet alchemist in the first 2 chapters, unlike the 03 anime.
>>
>>137472418
Rose has a rape baby and this >>137457097 happens.

Also every time anyone uses alchemy people in our world die which causes the world wars despite it explicitly taking place around the 1900's
>>
>>137472473
It's not about your tastes that makes you retarded. It's how you are approaching the whole situation.
>>
>03 has Dante, original homunculus shit like dead shota and lolnazis ending

Automatic shit.
>>
people who watched brotherhood first are newfags and should be banned.
>>
>>137446818
have never watched brotherhood because i don't have autism to watch the same shit twice
>>
>>137467025
>The Japanese version of the series is called Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Fullmetal Alchemist (鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Furumetaru Arukemisuto?, abbreviated as 鋼の錬金術師FA) to differentiate it from the 2003 series.
>>
>>137446818
Milfs.
>>
>>137472858
She wouldn't have tits that big she doesn't have ovaries.
>>
>>137472967
thanks, science
>>
>>137472697
anon, I...
>>
>>137472996
>FMA
>science
>>
>>137453850
Ya seem to have problems accepting others' opinions and resort to derogatory terms as your only means to defending your own opinion. Nice job you made yourself look like an idiot.
>>
>>137473028
same to you
>>
>>137472129
Yes, those are all characters who were better in 03. What's your point?
>>
>>137448198
>Opening
Again
>Ending
Let It Out
>>
>>137472207
It's a shame it had to fall into filler territory, but I still think the original anime had an all-around better tone than Brotherhood.
>>
>>137473233
I'd like also to add that the Shunkan Sentimental ending is pretty good as well.
Tsunaida Te, on the other hand, is pure, irredeemable shit.
>>
>>137473259
>all around better tone
If you like edge and darkness, I suppose.

I bet you can't defend Lust being Hoenheim's son or Dante the evil Hoenheim fucker though.
>>
I don't get why people say Brotherhood is shit at the beginning and then gets good. After Scar joins the "good guys" it just feels like Avatar. Childish philosophy from Scar was really embarassing. He was much more interesting as this chaotic evil guy.
>let's all unite and beat the evil guy!
>I can change this world!

Hohenheim turned out to be a really "empty" character as well, no depth whatsoever.

The first 30 episodes were great, then it turned to shit. Also hated that Edward doesn't have decisive victories until the final battle where his enemy is basically harmless.
Haven't watched FMA, hope it's better.
>>
>>137473462
*Meant Envy, my bad.
>>
>>137453850
Brotherhood fags are particularly vocal and obnoxious on /a/, presumably because 03 is more popular everywhere else outside of hardcore weeb communities.
>>
>>137454226
>Watch the movie thinking it'll get better
>It gets even worse
How is this possible.
>>
>>137473479
If the thing that turned you off about Brotherhood was the powerlevel fights and shonenshit moralizing, then yes you will definitely like 03 better.
>>
>>137473462
Nah,there were some changes I liked, but for the most part I still enjoy the manga's plot line more when it comes to the second half of the anime.

I just don't think the comedic elements and pacing transitioned that well into Brotherhood.
>>
>>137473479
>Hohenheim turned out to be a really "empty" character as well, no depth whatsoever.
>He was much more interesting as this chaotic evil guy.
This is what nostalgia goggles do to you, it cuts blood flow from your brain and kills your baincells and you can't accept when you're demonstrably wrong.
>>
>>137473214
Yeah it sure was better how they all did nothing.
>>
>>137473462
> muh edge
BHfags like to shout out these "criticisms" ad nauseum but always seem to forget that the manga's tone was very much melancholy and bittersweet before it turned into a Shonen Jump series in the latter half.
>>
>>137473683
Yeah there was nothing bitter sweet at the end of brotherhood at all, rape babies, nazis and amnesia, that's what melancholy means.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgz-JzVh73I
>>
>>137473012
ill have you know that according to most modern scientists FMAB is the most scientifically accurate anime ever made
>>
>>137473836
>rape babies, nazis and amnesia
whats wrong with any of this?
>>
>>137473946
It's over the top and dumb. To use some buzzwords I know will trigger you, it's forced drama.
>>
>>137473997
Your sentence is word salad.
>>
>>137473943
Now this is grasping at straws.
>>
Why does the military allow Al full access to state land and information? Is he considered a mercenary or something since he assists Ed on military missions?
>>
>>137474077
you clearly arent privileged enough to know many intellectuals then
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1V816mVdU

Best OP
>>
>>137474116
Maybe he isn't considered a person.
>>
>>137474141
that's not hologram
>>
>>137474164
But his condition was kept a secret from the state initially, which is why he refused to take the physical exam to become an alchemist. Only Mustang knew prior to Al being BTFO by scar.
>>
>>137474116
Because he tells them he's the Fullmetal Alchemist
>>
>>137474303
>both brothers together all the time

So what, Al says he's fullmetal and Ed clearly has his pocket watch so they don't pay any mind? I can buy the people directly under Mustang not questioning him letting Al hang around.
>>
>>137474359
I just think nobody really cared enough. It's not like they know how much information is actually given to Al. It's not like anyone else gave Ed orders besides Mustang.
>>
>>137474455
I just remembered Mustang runs Eastern, so I answered my own question.
>>
File: 1453914585129.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453914585129.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>Sloth isn't his favourite Homunculus
>>
>>137446858
Brotherhood has a much more economical use of its characters though, where as most of them go to waste in 03.
>>
File: 1454254220389.gif (855 KB, 500x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1454254220389.gif
855 KB, 500x281
>Call a character "Fuhrer"
>It turns out he's a bad guy

BRAVO
>>
>>137448263
>not liking Rain
>>
>>137446818
The original is objectively better.
>>
>>137473431

>Tsunaida Te

It's meh on it's own, but it's way too out of place, not to mention pointlessly attached to a bit character.
>>
>someone doesn't watched 2003
>posting in /a/
2003 is anime minimum. You hate reddit shitters but in same time approves newfags? What the fuck happening, /a/?
>>
>>137474693
Lust is my favorite, then Envy.
>>
>>137473233
Did anyone else get Country vibes from "Let it Out"?
>>
>>137473431
>>137475143
They should have just used a song by the real Lil' B and not some fakebased substitute.
>>
>>137461857
Dante was a woman who willing to sacrifice millions and millions of souls just to stay with her one true love. Sadly her one true love betray her with a normal human being. This put her on the edge due to losing her lover and source of eternal life, that's why she needed the Homunculus to gather all known philosopher Stone and finally infiltrate the military to find these alchemist who can create Philosopher Stone and eventually became her new lover.
>>
>>137473997
> plotlines alluding to war atrocities in a series where war and ethnic conflict are major themes = forced drama
Spoken like a true shonenbabby
>>
>>137475388
Considering they don't actually go anywhere beyond referencing, and the characters themselves have aborted character arcs, what's the fucking point beyond edgy bonuspoints?
>>
>>137461857
>Dante was just human, who wanted to be immortal.
Exactly. She was just a human who thought she was above humanity and put on pretensions about guiding civilization and protecting it from itself, but in the end her motivations boiled down to the most base and petty of human desires. She named the homunculi after the seven deadly sins because she believed they were emblematic of human sinfulness, and yet she herself exhibited every one of those sins more than they did.

That's called dramatic irony. To each his own, but I'd say that's a lot more interesting than a literal monster who wants to literally become God.
>>
File: 1451995885270.png (182 KB, 481x511) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451995885270.png
182 KB, 481x511
>>137475388
>Injured Ishvallans that are treated end up going back to fight the military
>For some reason nobody thinks to just detain them as POW's
>Nah let's have Mustang kill these valuable medical personnel for doing their jobs instead

I like 2003 anon, but let's not pretend it wasn't melodramatic and poorly written at times.
>>
>>137475416
Rose's war trauma is literally central to her character development and Ed's in 03, whereas she's simply a background non-character in the manga.

No idea what you're even talking about.
>>
>>137475655
It's not like executing "neutral" citizens for offering services to the enemy is a thing that real military dictatorships going on ethnic cleansing campaigns would really do, r-right?
>>
>>137473233
Let it out is god tier
>>
>>137475655
Because the people who are in charge needed more fuel in the fire because their entire goal is to have as much bloodshed and conflict as possible.
>>
Was I the only person that liked the 3rd OP of 03?
>>
>>137475915
No. It's really good, it's just overshadowed by the second and fourth.
>>
>>137475915
Undo is my favorite, much better than the 4th OP by asian shit fu generation.
>>
Scar in 03>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brotherhood
Fact
Also, Mustang killing Winrys parents was a far better narrative decision than Scar being the one.
>>
shits more fucked in 03.
they handle some things much better.
you see why ed is a man of the people.
Deaths hit much harder,

BUT the villains kinda suck or well the end game ones.
Didnt care for wrath and sloth in it.
ending it with a movie cliffhanger they can eat a dick.

Brotherhood skipped binding time with some characters
that you should feel for.
Also Hughes death & tuckers girl didnt hurt as much. felt skipped.
Brotherhood has a crop of great characters we never see in 03 .
Armstrongs sis, ling and the others, the northern wall troops.
Dwarf in the flask was pretty cool and eds dad didnt just have
some fucked up old lover that switched bodies.
things got resolved in brotherhood with no movie needed.
great ending.
>>
File: 1448144463074.png (172 KB, 480x497) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448144463074.png
172 KB, 480x497
Official Homunculus ratings:

Greed>Pride=Wrath>Envy>Lust=Gluttony>>>Sloth
>>
>>137478405
Greed>Wrath>Pride>Envy>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>Lust>Gluttony>Sloth
>>
>>137446818
Read the fucking manga.
>>
>nobody likes gluttony.
Okay then.
>>
>>137478669

He has one characteristic, isn't very imposing compared to the others, and goes out like a bitch.
>>
>>137473609

But anon, the guy didnt watch 03.
>>
>>137446818
Not really, 03 had some huge flaws for me
>Build Winry as love interest to return to after their journey, but leave her for other dimension
>Fucking nazis
>Philosopher stones become heavily underwhelming.
Maybe some more, but it's been years since I've watched it. Overall Brotherhood was a good adaption of a great manga.
>>
2003 suffers from bad and very simple animation. In summary: it looks cheap, feels cheap.
Brotherhood is not that eye candy either but looks a lot better in some scenes.

Some things handled BH better than 2003, some not.
>>
99 > 2011 oh wait wrong thread
>>
>>137481233

Even if you are in the wrong thread, I will still say the same thing I always do. I appreciate 2011 for continuing the series up to the current arc but vastly prefer the artistic direction and animation of 99.
>>
>>137465267
Surprised by how deep kimbly turns out to be in the manga. He's not a random murderhobo, has a weak sense of morality and rules he sets for himself, and even gets to come back one final time to fuck over pride
>>
So what exactly happened that so radically changed the themes and mood of the story halfway through in brotherhood/manga? Did the mangaka switch magazines or get married or something else that would justify the changes?

If I remember right, the first few volumes of the manga have a lot of dark themes and the execution is equally morbid. But somewhere near the end of the first half the entire thing does a 180 and starts pushing for shonen morals and the power of friendship and that's pretty much where it stays outside of a few saddening moments like grandad ninja and mohawk crocodile arm dying.

kimbly vs al fight really pissed me off where Al basically states that he isn't gonna sacrifice shit and get everything he wants because that's what it means to be nakama or some other weak justification even after the first line of dialogue in the series is about how humans can't obtain anything without giving something in return.
>>
>>137481619

It's clear that Arakawa has studied both western and chinese alchemies and her story follows stages of making philosophers stone.

In the first part of the story they are looking cure for themselves, only point of their journey is to find how to get their bodies back. Later on they learn the truth behind the truth and they want to put end to it not for themselves but for others. They strat from nigredo, the darkening and work all the way to rubiedo. From selfishness to understand that they are part of the all.
>>
>>137447429

Objectively this >>137454771
>>
>>137453917
Why is it that any good shounen series has to be labelled a seinen when trying to praise it? They do the same shit in the HXH threads and it gets pretty annoying pretty quickly.
>>
>>137475670
>only show up at the 11th hour for muhdrama
>mute baby factory
>character development
No you autistic son of a fucking bitch that's not how drama works. Drama isn't fucking fireworks you can set off, it's a jenga tower you have to keep pulling at.
>>
>>137446818
03 sold better and is actually a lot more well known than Brotherhood. Personally I thought regardless of which one was "correct", 03 was a better show, and "correct" didn't exist when 03 was made since the manga wasn't even close to finished.
In fact, now that I think about it, 03 really IS the original FMA story.
>>
>>137468115

I agree.
>>
>>137484977
>Drama isn't fucking fireworks you can set off
Funnily enough that's what FMA:B did a good part of the time especially regarding Ishval flashback.
>>
Why Father is a great and thematically coerent villain:

The show's theme is alchemy. The Original Homunculus, in his search for humanity actually does the opposite of what an Alchemist would do. Instead of working out his problems, and lapidating his soul, he throws aways the parts of his personality he considers bad, the "Seven Deadly Sins". However, in Alchemy, each sin is associated with positive characteristics that can be developed and by throwing those parts aways, the Father did the opposite of what he was trying to. That also explains why some of the homunculi actually learn from their mistakes, and become better people. The father then, goes on with his plan to "become a god" by sacrificing others once again. He fails, and when faced by the truth of Alchemy behind the Gate,( which happens to be a reflection of himself, just as the Inner Deity or Sacred Guardian Angel is represented in Alchemy) goes into his own living hell.
>>
>>137446818
in my opinion brotherhood is better of the two but the original series develops some of the earlier moments better than brotherhood. brotherhood is still much better though
>>
>>
>>137486481
>crying for brotherhood
urafag
>>
>>137487351

>That devastated look on Ed's face when Mustang demands answers over his alchemy, and begs forgiveness
>Nina
>Hughes's daughter at his funeral
>"It's starting to rain."
>Ed's breakdown when he thinks his brother hates him for the situation he put them in.

I've barely even started.
>>
>>137446818
03 is literally plebbit
>muh shocking value moments
>shitstorm of fillers
>complex characters like mustang,kimblee,bradley becoming one-dimensional goofs
>no world expansion whatsoever
>original anime ending even a kindergarden student could come up with
>main villain has no purpose except LIVE FOREVAH
>>
>>137485806
brotherhood did a LOT with Ishval before the longer flashback. It popped up every episode or two
>>
>>137446818
whichever one you watch first is the one you like more
Manga a best though, and I personally prefer the music in Brotherhood, but Al is better in 03
>>
>>137488459
>whichever one you watch first is the one you like more
Wrong
>>
>>137488459
Most people watched 03 first, it was shit.
>>
I'm always surprised these threads never devolve into waifu wars. I guess the 2003 vs Brotherhood shitflinging is the replacement.

That being said, who is best girl (or boy)?
>>
>>137489002

Riza and Hughes
>>
File: 1315334836410.gif (158 KB, 500x663) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1315334836410.gif
158 KB, 500x663
>>137485874

I like how Arakawa does't just use alchemy for gimmicks or to able cool fights but also uses it for her story.
>>
>>137481619
>outside of a few saddening moments like grandad ninja and mohawk crocodile arm dying.
The fact that these were meant to be the most impactful (and only) sympathetic character deaths in the entire second half still makes me mad.
>>
>>137489002
Riza best girl, Greedling best boy
>>
>>137488459
I tried to watch Brohood first and couldn't get through it. Then I started 03 and wolfed down the whole thing in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>137489002
Riza is best girl, Envy is tied with Pride for best boy
>>
>>137489002
threads don't devolve into waifu wars because Riza is best girl
and shipping wars rarely happen because most people prefer the canon pairings
>>
>>137484977
Rose's arc was built up continuously from the very beginning, and merges into Ed's arc about realizing his actions have consequences and he's part of something greater. She goes from being weak and needing Ed to tell her to keep moving forward to eventually turning the tables and giving the same lecture to him. Her arc also ties in with the Liore plotline, which is built up throughout the entirety of 03 but irrelevant in the manga past the pilot chapter.

Being a BHfag of course, it's understandable that you can't follow themes and subtext unless they're explicitly spelled out for you in lengthy "I learned something today" monologues.
>>
>>137489002
I have a hard time choosing since I love most of the characters. I'd probably go with Winry for best girl, though Riza and Izumi are great too. For guys it's a tie between Al and Greed, with Roy or Armstrong in 2nd.
>>
>>137489570
Why won't HxH fags stop ruining FMA threads with their shitposting? We get it, you like being contrarian. Good for you. Now fuck off.
>>
>>137489570
How is she built up at all? She isn't shown for a while and then appears at the end holding her rape baby and mute; when does this lecture happen???
>>
>Mustang never gets with Riza

ARAKAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>137489947
They were totally banging behind the scenes and after the story ended
>>
>>137489759
Because they can't stand that there's someone, somewhere who likes a different series more.
>>
>>137489947
bro, they were clearly together through the entire series.
It's also confirmed in the third artbook that the only reason they aren't married is because of the fraternization laws, which won't matter when Roy becomes Fuhrer (which Arakawa also confirmed will happen)
>>
>it's 15 years after the end of brotherhood
>Roy Mustang is Fuhrer
>Nu-pride babby Selim is now in his late teens early 20s
>Ed and Winry's children are in their mid to late teens
>possibility of Al having chink babies

what's the next big evil that would happen and need to be stopped?
>>
>>137489839
Maybe you should watch the series again if you remember so little about it senpai~
>>
sure, if you want to see the beginning part of the series done better, and also want to see an alternative ending
>>
>>137490529
the chinks
>>
>>137490723
True, I've only seen 2003 once and BH 3 times
but I still hated her just being thrown in like that at the end
>>
>>137490781
probably

I think it'd be cool if Selim got his powers back and maybe his memories but I can't think of away that could be written well at the moment
>>
>>137449588
Still has the tv release. You kill yourself.
>>
>>137491243
its from google retard
>>
FMA (the original) was the first anime I ever watched. I remember because I got to episode 30, then it was licensed by an English company so all the anime sites took the downloads down and stopped subbing any more.
>>
>>137489002
Winry, hands-down, no contest.

Riza's great, but the perky engineer girl wins.
>>
File: best boy.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
best boy.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
>>137447429
how is this even a question
>>
I really liked this bitch, don't know why.
>>
>>137494655
you like short-haired cue teas I guess
>>
>>137447470
This.
>>
>>137446858
First comment is best comment, 2003 is much better than Brotherhood in many aspects.
>>
This thread has gotten me interested in rewatching 03 now. Don't think I ever watched it all the way through, but I do remember the sound direction being really fucking good, and the show in general just having a great atmosphere and tone to it.
https://youtu.be/BXQLrkW33f0
>>
>>137495431
>the lyrics

;_;
>>
>>137452542
>Katsuya and Baofu
I haven't even seen FMA but I came to tell you that you are my absolute nigga
>>
>>137494655
I like her too, cute and good personality too.
>>
File: Scar_FMA.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Scar_FMA.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
I liked Scar better in '03 when his face wasn't turbo mad all the time

>>137496822
>tfw she almost has no role in Brotherhood

she was best mom in the first one
>>
>>137446818
Get the fuck off /a/ OP and watch both before the cancer persuades you against it.
>>
>>137497905

This
>>
>>137465699
>dub
anon why
>>
>>137499661
dubs for this show is actually good, might as well enjoy the show more by not having to be reading dialog the whole time
>>
>>137497905
>>137498955
Yes watch both and form your own opinions as long as they're the correct opinions
>>
>>137485806
Honestly Brotherhood didn't do as much with Ishval as they should have. They took an entire volume worth of quality backstory and crammed it into one episode. They didn't even put the scene where Armstrong saves the two Ishvalan women.
>>
>>137489002
Riza best girl, Greed best boy. (I prefer the original Jersey Shore guido Greed over Greedling but his Greedling character development was A+)

Also really like Kimblee and Armstrong.
>>
hahahahahaha nice
>>
>>137500089
I should read the manga
>>
>>137490955
Would Kimblee still be inside Selim at that point?
>>
>>137500358
I'm not sure, but I think that all of the souls besides Selim's if he even has an original , which would contradict the following point were dispelled by Ed. This means that he shouldn't be able to use his power anymore, or at least it would be very weakened (instead of being able to summon giant black tentacle shadows, he would only be able to summon one the size of a thumbtack or so). So he should be in a perpetually weakened state, unless if he figures out to absorb souls like Father did after he had swallowed god.
So I'd say Kimblee's soul is gone, or still there but severely nulled somehow.
>>
File: 3894034.gif (1000 KB, 450x327) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3894034.gif
1000 KB, 450x327
>>137446818
FMA felt more Emotionally and Dark driven To discover the truth. As FMAB feels more Action Paced and Emphasizes the personal achievements of the characters and the progression of their maturity with time. Each is good in what it does,if you like one better then the other that's your preference.
Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 32
Thread DB ID: 520727



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.