[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Planetes is still one of the most revered cartoons, WHY THE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Vinland_Saga_volume_01_cover.jpg (43KB, 272x388px) Image search: [Google]
Vinland_Saga_volume_01_cover.jpg
43KB, 272x388px
If Planetes is still one of the most revered cartoons, WHY THE FUCK doesnt this have an adaptation yet?

It could do very well. Just like how AoT was sold to normies as "Japan's Walking Dead" this can just be sold as the industry's Game of Thrones, which is the most watched show on the fucking planet.
>>
You must be new. Beside japan's economy is fucked right now.
>>
Look up what the author said to the Planetes adaption.
>>
>>137346678

Nope, just trying to get another discussion started. Fucking Berserk is getting another shitty CGI adaptation, and Vinlands got nothing.
>>
>>137346710
I only see some interviews in french. What didn't he like about the Planetes adaptation?
>>
>>137346779
Dunno it was a long time ago.
I just remember that he hated it and that is the reason he does not want to see a Vinland Saga Anime.
>>
>>137346654
>WHY THE FUCK doesnt this have an adaptation yet
When the author doesn't want an anime, that tends to complicate things. It's why Yotsubato will never get an anime, and why Calvin and Hobbes never got its cartoon show.
>>
>>137346886
>caring about what author wants
>>
>>137346779
I recently watched Planetes and then read the manga.

The anime has all that terrorist bullshit that wasn't in the manga and the end in the manga is 100x times superior and actually give the whole meaning of the story/development of the main character
>>
>>137346886
There's always waiting until they die
>>
>>137346654
This series is shit. Bergen didnt even exsist at the time.
>>
>>137346926
>>137346950
Go away Hollywood vultures
>>
>>137346971
It had a different name, but it existed
>>
>>137346926
>says the producer who only wants to make money
Fuck off.
>>
Any of you have the Planetes omnibus? Is it a significant improvement over the earlier prints? The second volume doesn't come out until May, but I'm itching to read it all now.
>>
>>137347043
It is a insanely high quality edition.
Really really good and cheap as well.
>>
>>137347174
Thanks man. And yeah, $13 for the first volume and only $16 to preorder the second. I'm excited.
>>
File: askeladd.gif (16KB, 211x231px) Image search: [Google]
askeladd.gif
16KB, 211x231px
>>137346654

The quality of this series takes a nosedive after a certain point. If only Askeladd were here, he'd fix this shit and make the series good again.
>>
>>137347513
Are you trying to say you missed the entire point of the series and you want it to be a shitty battleshounen instead?
>>
>>137347577
The entire point of the series is escapism and calling it atonement. Not everyone enjoys tragedy especially when it comes out so slow.

I for one however, look forward to seeing how it's gonna happen. I'd even bank on Einar dying in Vinland.
>>
>>137346710
>>137346779
>>137346827
please tell me that yukimura is a based nationalist who was appalled by all the forced sympathy for the gibsmedat shitskin terrorists.

I didn't mind the conflict in the story, but the resolution of capitulation was rage inducing.
>>
>>137346654
It's garbage
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.