[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akame Ga Kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: b658dc079bfaaec27f0668c24d6aa67b.jpg (354KB, 1067x624px) Image search: [Google]
b658dc079bfaaec27f0668c24d6aa67b.jpg
354KB, 1067x624px
Can we just agree that if the story had been seen from only the Jaeger perspective, that they could have been considered the heroes?
>>
>>137341455
Esdeath is still morally grey from their perspectives.
>>
>>137341480
Maybe, but if we only saw it from their view, they are trying to defend the empire against the shitty terrorists.
>>
>>137341455
If you follow the manga it gets more and more grey A new group of goons shows up and is worse than the Jaegers, and they go kill them
>>
>>137341455
Fuck no. Justice and Stylish together brought down the team to villainous trash tier, not to mention Esdese and Kurome who are morally grey on their nicest days, or the fact they take orders from the biggest, fattest asshole in the whole planet.
>>
Only if they launched a coup at the end and Esdeath stopped massacring civilians. Most of the Jaegers were not bad people but they served a tyrannical regime.
>>
>>137341455
No.
Heroes don't kill and torture for fun like Esdeath, Seryuu and Kurome.
>>
>>137341455
Hijacking thread.
ITT: We discuss why this manga was the most disappointing medium of entertainment since Kill la Kill.
>>
>>137341455
>Esdeath
>President of the USA falling in love with a terrorist
>Trying to throw away their lives for love
>Terrorist is all like "nah I like my terrorist buds too much to remove you from power permanently"
>>
>Erase Tatsumi
>Wave slowly and regrettably learns to accept how corrupt the empire is while looking for a chance to flee
>ends up falling in love with Kurome, unexpectedly Esdeath ends up falling for Wave due to how much potential he has and through respect

This is how the manga should've went
>>
>>137341455
Nope, they could be considered heroes only if you are ignorant and morally poor(in the context of inside the manga) because doesn't matter if you are from Jaeger's or Night Raid, the part when Esdeath were to the South to defeat a tribe, but instead sended there soldiers to rape all the women while the men saw(that's how happen in the manga) can't be considered something from a hero, the same when they were sended to defend that guy who wanted to kill the religious leader, he wasn't a terrorist, just a leader wanted to protect his people, but they protected the one who wanted to assassinate him, just to take his place and subordinate the people. Like I said, only if if you ignore the reality, or consider things like rape as something good, you could see them like heroes.
>>
>>137341455
>Esdeath
>Justice
>heroes
Fuck no.

Only Wave can be one. He isn't far gone as the rest.
>>
>>137341699
If there's still a manga, will there be more anime ya think?
>>
>>137342101
Christ what an edgy manga, do they illustrate all the rapes?
>>
>>137343383
No the anime pulled a soul eater.
>>
This is a group of lunatics defending an empire so corrupt it essentially violates every single human right, with the group's leader's main motivation being "I wanna kill people and for that, war is needed.".

Run, Wave and Bols were the only good guys among them. And only Run realized from the very beginning on that the empire was wrong and intended to change it from within.
>>
>>137345113
That's only you because you have the third person omnificent narration of all their motivations. Run and Esdeath basically did the same shit within Jaegar

Bols is just an esdeath that feels bad about it
>>
File: 1400634226398.png (345KB, 908x391px) Image search: [Google]
1400634226398.png
345KB, 908x391px
The Jaegers were better than NR tbqh (especially after Schere and Aniki died)
>>
>>137341455
>Akame Ga Kill
>moral ambiguity

Esdeath enjoys slowly torturing people to death, like when she lowered the temperature of the boiling oil so that the prisoners would take longer to die, and likes to have her men to rape and pillage the villages she conquers. She's pretty fucking evil. The protagonists may be assassins but they never do these sort of things.

I did find it funny that despite all the atrocities she commits, Esdeath is a pretty girl who has never been in love before meeting the MC and doesn't even know how one has sex. Seems like she didn't actually watch when her soldiers raped at her command. I guess knowing about sex disqualifies a girl as a waifu, but being a sadistic mass-murderer doesn't.
>>
>>137341455
Moralwise? No, Justice, not Stylish and Esdeath are among them.

Characterwise? Easily. Even Run and Justice were more interesting than ANYBODY from Night raid. (Ok, Stylish was a fodder, but no one cares for him anyway.)
>>
>>137341455

Threadly reminder, kurome will be raped infront of wave
>>
Doesn't Esdeath have a massive torture chamber where she throws people into boiling water and shit? Morally gray my ass.
>>
File: 1412673853332.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412673853332.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>137341455
I disagree. However, the story would be much more interesting if Wave (literally intended as the "player 2" character) was the protagonist.

>Some optimistic backstory about wanting to protect the smiles in his village
>Joins Jaegers, this at first glance totally badass force for good
>First mission
>Dr. Stylish is a sadist
>Justice is fucking insane
>Bols burns old men for money
>Esdeath is a megasadist
>Wave somehow has to work with these people despite them being horrible individuals

>Jaeger slice of life shenanigans like Stylish insisting on giving Wave a new outfit
>Cute "will-they-or-won't-they?" moments with Kurome
>More Justice (always a good thing)
>Having to work for Esdeath while having to avoid his dick being crushed by her superhuman vagina of femdom and cherry popping
>At some point shit just goes too far for him (like Wild Hunt showing up and the Jaegers not doing anything because technically they're on the same time and there are bigger fish to fry anyway)
>Wave breaks off and joins some army turncoats
>Night Raid is formed
>Cute, non-dyke, onee-chan type Bossu stand-in is new Bossu
>Wave has to deal with the fact that he has to fight his old friends one day

But to answer your question: Esdeath, Stylish and Justice could never be deemed good people from any perspective, nor Kurome pre-dicking. Bols is a grey area. Only Wave and Run are indisputably good people.
>>
>>137346326
I agree. The series is a standard battle shonen with gore, torture and rape periodically spliced in. Felt like what a 12-year old might consider "mature".

One the one hand, one of the villains buys young girls as slaves and has his pet dog rape them. On the other you have standard shonen jokes such as the MC sneaking in to watch a girl bathing, which make the series feel schizophrenic. And the standard white bread shonen MC feels pretty out of place among all the rape and torture.
>>
>>137343383
Hell no, it's bad enough that it got the first anime to begin with.
>>
File: 022.png (313KB, 678x1040px) Image search: [Google]
022.png
313KB, 678x1040px
>>137344950
No, because it's a shounen pretending to be a seinen. They want to have all the edgy and dark stuff but don't have the balls to show it happening, all you ever get to see is the lead-up or the aftermath. If you want edgy manga that doesn't pussy out on the details and also doesn't blow donkey balls like AgK, you can always read something like Berserk or Narutaru.
>>
File: akame-ga-kill-0707[1].jpg (314KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akame-ga-kill-0707[1].jpg
314KB, 1280x720px
>>137346546
>To celebrate this success, I'll cook dinner
Taken from us too soon. Also, friendly reminder that he was both more competent and more of a threat than anyone in Wild Hunt and most of the Jaegers.
>>
>>137346417
There should've been a bigger focus on Tatsumi turning into a jaded motherfucker after all the shit in the series, but the author doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
>Best boy pyro guy
>Evil but he knows it
>Has a loving wife and kid
>He dies by the 'good' guys, this is fine, to be expected
>During his funeral his wife and kid get raped on top of his grave
No.

This series is shit and needlessly edgy.
>>
>>137346546
I just can't decide which group was more retarded and lulsuevul: Wild Cunt or these three failures.
>>
File: 7761790.jpg (110KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
7761790.jpg
110KB, 900x633px
>>137346718
River shure had the most retarded name out of the mentioned groups.
>>
>>137341455
Well that's basically propaganda since we only see their side of view.
>>
>>137346611
>competent
>knews that the PM is a useless tyrant
>knews that the former PM was a way better statesman
>kills him anyway.
>knews that Esdaest has no problem with gerating more upstarts just so she can have more battles
>serves her anyway.
very competent.
>>
>>137347209
Liver, not River. Liver is the official Romaji.
>>
>>137347209
Is this supposed to be a support group for people with shitty names? Then why isn't Esdeath, Bols, and Lubbock there? Liver looks like the monopoly guy.
>>
>>137347643
that's not much better, isn't it?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.