[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old-school anime fan here. Why do so many people hate Death Note?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: deathnote_s1v1.jpg (392KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
deathnote_s1v1.jpg
392KB, 600x600px
Old-school anime fan here. Why do so many people hate Death Note? It is one of the few good animes made after 2000.
>>
File: a little baby pigeon.jpg (28KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
a little baby pigeon.jpg
28KB, 640x366px
>>137269739
I don't see much Death Note hating at all, he's widely accepted as a good series.

Some people will bitch about it but it's mostly "edgy is always bad" shitposters or contrarians that hate anything that's mainstream/liked by normies.
>>
The second half had mixed reception especially when L died and had the viewers deal with someone who pretty much Discount Bargain Bin L than someone who is his own character.

Yeah the first half was really great but sometimes it's understandable when people don't view it much in a good light when it doesn't end on a positive note. the final confrontation was cool though
>>
Because it was popular.

/thread
>>
>>137269739
Because instead of focusing on psychological and philosophical impacts we get convoluted situations, which to be fair is fitting for the age of the main characters and the series' target audience.

I hated it because it had such great potential that it would never live up to.
>>
>>137270255
You can't /thread yourself.
>>
>Old-school
>good
>animes
Off you go.
>>
File: 1453777805259.png (44KB, 205x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453777805259.png
44KB, 205x250px
>>137269739
>2006 is old-school
>>
For me the show started getting less interesting when they started dealing with the Yotsuba corporation. I mainly attribute it to how suddenly everything is solved via tech than hard detective work that was shown before Light and Misa lost their memories.

That said, I did find the Keikaku doori scene pretty great desptie how fucking ridiculous the semantics of his plan can be.
>>
>>137269739
>average /v/-poster

Decent bait, anon.
>>
This is probably bait, what with the whole "one good animes after 2000", but I've nothing better to do so have a reply.

It's a decent show, and certainly memorable, but it suffers from the plot sometimes feeling quite contrived and sometimes falling apart when examined closer. It also carries the unfortunate burden of being very popular amongst the stereotypical weeaboo, who tend to treat it like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. While you shouldn't judge a show by its fans, it has led to /a/ having quite a harsh knee-jerk reaction when it's compared to other shows that /a/ prefers.

tl;dr Show is good but has its problems, and certainly isn't as incredible as some make it out to be.
>>
>>137270332
>I can't read

He said he's an old school anime fan. Never included deathnote in the sentence.
>>
>>137270952
>context
And he included it in the post.
>>
>>137270279
I'm glad that all we got was fun mind games though. Not sure if the writer had the talent to write the moral and psychological effects of using the death note.
>>
>>137270981
Nope.

Fuck off with your assumptions.
>>
File: 1407212370586.gif (260KB, 266x207px) Image search: [Google]
1407212370586.gif
260KB, 266x207px
>>137271064
>>
>>137270981
>>context
Yes, by the context he mentioned Death Note in, he's clearly not referring to it as an "old-school" anime, ESL-kun.
>>
>>137271218
Then why the hell did he mention it? It's irrelevant if it's not connected to the rest of the post. It makes more sense that it is in fact relevant to his post.
>>
>>137270350
I just think the Yosuba corp took too long, they spent an entire volume on that.

Also the entire series turns to shit once you realize that: all could've been prevented if Light wasn't such a fucking idiot, everything is a plot convenience in the sense
>>
>>137271275
Presumably he's just an idiot.
>>
>>137269739
Because consider it to be "one of the few good 'animes' made after 2000" when in reality there's so much better that isn't as popular.
>>
>>137272542
>so much
Death Note is good. I wish it was the standard
>>
>>137269739
>Old-school anime fan here
>>
>>137269739
It was a good adaptation that went to shit exactly when the source material did
>>
Light should've won.
>>
>>137274822
This.
It should have just ended with L's death.
>>
>>137269739
Because it was the overhyped show like SnK, Kill la Kill, One Punch Man, SAO.... that was nothing like those but was very good with interesting plot and memorable characters. When L died it divided the fanbase and some begin to hate that because they got attached to him.
Also, it became very popular so it's enough to be hated.
>>
>>137270142

Fuck the haters, I love the last episode.

The acting in the final episode is phenomenal.
>>
>>137269739
2nd half was shit and it's basically a poor man's Monster

As for why it's hated in general it's probably because it's extremely popular with normies
>>
>>137269739
I liked it a lot, but I thought it would be much better if it ended sooner.
>>
Whenever I rewatch this, I only watch the first half and tell myself it ends there.
>>
>>137276424
>because it's extremely popular with normies

Come on, man

Aren't we all just normies pretending to be weirdo?
>>
>>137270255
This, this is why most of /a/ are being hipsters and hating OPM.
>>
>>137277465
most of /a/ doesn't hate opm
>>
>>137277465
Honestly, the only reason I'm not interested in Daiz - the anime is because it's too popular and all the entry level cringeworthy kids on the net using OPM references just put me off.
>>
Went to shit after L died.

>>137277465
I've watched one episode and never bothered with the rest. Didn't really pick up my interest.
>>
>>137277465
We just love to bully OPMfags
>>
>>137277550
Most /a/ don't hate the OPM just the newfag,powerlevel fanbase.

Is a fun gag manga too bad every OPM thread turns into Saitama vs strong character "debate"
>>
>>137277465
What if I think it was a fairly mid tier show last year? I like the webcomic and manga, but I don't even think the anime was that good. I thought rokka no sales was a better action show
>>
>>137270255
/thread

got you buddy,dont worry
>>
This show, anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXMiVd9KnV0
>>
>>137270255
>shitty reason
>/threading your own post

Get out
>>
>>137277418
Normies who only watch english dubs you retard
>>
>"normie"
>non-/a/ images
>animes
>EVERYONE HATES POPULAR STUFF
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, kill yourselves.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.