[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw I read up to Part 4 > Joseph has fought ancient super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 43

File: joe.png (301KB, 303x477px) Image search: [Google]
joe.png
301KB, 303x477px
>mfw I read up to Part 4
> Joseph has fought ancient super beings, lost his hand to the ultimate life form and survived, fought powerful stand users, had a blood transfusion with a vampire and survived
> Nobody knows about this or cares
> Joseph is now a bumbling old retard who is completely sidelined from the main plot and is really just a sad reminder of previous Parts

Why does Araki hate my nigga Joe?
>>
Because he loves huge bancho dick up his ass
>>
>>137205516
Oh cool thanks I was wondering
>>
>>137205312
it hits hard anon, but that's how it goes
Age hits all of us except dio, and we just have to make do

Do you think anyone would care if they found out? Like Joe? And does Jotaro know about Kars and co? I don't think it was ever covered
>>
File: kira.png (287KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
kira.png
287KB, 600x420px
the animeonly tears are gonna be delicious
>>
>>137205312
But Op.
We know and care.
>>
part 2 is the best part
>>
>>137206017
Like Josuke*
>>
It makes sense really, the dude is like 80-odd by the time Diamond Is Unbreakable rolls around. He got a better deal than most JoJo's who get killed before they even hit 30.

Plus he's a lazy cunt. I'm sure if he kept his Hamon training up he would've been the Joseph we know and love, but once there were no ancient threats around, he went back to being the same old slacker he always was
>>
>>137206430
Even with Hamon you only get so far look at Straits.
>>
joseph is very old in Part 4
>>
Is Joseph actually a bumbling old retard in Part 4? I haven't re-read it in years but I thought it was very heavily implied that his fragility and senility in Diamond Is Unbreakable was a ruse he was putting up so that he didn't have to deal with Suzie Q, Jotaro and Josuke giving him shit about his infidelity, until he drops the act later on during the chapters with that invisible baby

I could just be remembering wrong though
>>
Too many jojos, that's why
Gotta make some irrelevant
>>
>part 3
>Joseph went from what he was in part 2 to a walking joke
>not even just sometimes slow, straight up shown to be slower than everyone else repeatedly as main focus of a scene

Not that I care much, part 3 was the beginning of the end anyway. Part 1 and 2 are best JoJo, fuck the rest and fuck the stupid ass art style of 3+.
>>
How come he's not a vampire, though? Did the machines they use to transfuse blood from Dio's corpse completely separate normal blood from vampire blood? Fucking Speedwagon Foundation, man
>>
>>137206867
I don't remember it being heavily implied, but it does make sense and would be really funny if it was true.
>>
File: 1435632964474.png (305KB, 429x396px) Image search: [Google]
1435632964474.png
305KB, 429x396px
>>137207197
>part 3 was the beginning of the end anyway. Part 1 and 2 are best JoJo, fuck the rest and fuck the stupid ass art style of 3+
Anime-only fags never cease to amuse me

I bet you want Hamon to come back too, don't you?
>>
>>137207219
If we even assume that getting vampire blood makes you turn (I believe you have to receive the vampire essence, not just the blood), Vanilla Ice only turned into a vampire once he received a killshot from Polnareff (sword straight through the head), so either Joseph never becomes a vampire, or he does once he dies.
>>
>>137207323
I'd rather they come up with something better, but yes rather have hamon than ghost pokemon.

>anime only fag

Nope, though I haven't read part 7 and up.
>>
>>137207346
And it wouldn't really matter by the end of Part 6 anyway...
>>
>>137205312
>Ehh back in my day we didnt have all these gay ghosts backing us up!
>We just had the ripple! That required some work to learn, and we liked it!
>Now everyone has a ghosts dick up their ass and they dont have to work hard or nothing.
>Back in my day I fought homosexual vampires! y'all are fighting autistic hand fuckers.
>Furthermore despite what people will tell ya, the Nazi's werent all bad.
>they knew how to burn a bloodsucking homo, ill tell you that much!
>>
>>137206430
That really did bother me.

The times he uses Hamon in Part 3 he keeps saying how its been so long since he used this. You mean to tell me that you have the ability to walk on water, heal people's wounds and make pigeons come out of niggas mouths and you haven't used it since 1939? Fuck off.
>>
>>137205312
Joseph is by far the luckiest JoJo ever. He protected his family, even managed to get a steady relationship despite cheating on his wife. Became rich, spent time with his descendants etc. Jonathan and his son got nothing compared to him.
>>
File: Ringo&Mandom.jpg (190KB, 750x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Ringo&Mandom.jpg
190KB, 750x1176px
>>137207420
>though I haven't read Part 7 and up
Then you're definitely missing the fuck out, because they've pretty much done away entirely with the whole punch-ghost aspect of Stands. The new universe Stands are basically just a cool visual representation of the characters' superpowers, they don't directly go into conflict with each other or anything

Pic related for example, Ringo's power is just the ability to rewind time by 6 seconds. The Stand does nothing except look cool
>>
>>137207503
underrated post
>>
>>137207720
>implying this is a good thing

Bring back the punchies
>>
>>137207197
kill yourself
>>
>>137207720
>Mandam
>>137208192
You get kung-fu in part 8
>>
>>137207704
Don't forget how he saved the world because he hand happened to hit Kars at the right moment.
>>
File: dca.jpg (60KB, 719x540px) Image search: [Google]
dca.jpg
60KB, 719x540px
>>137206111
oh yes
>>
File: JosephJoestar123.png (491KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
JosephJoestar123.png
491KB, 466x601px
>>137205312
Joseph is best JoJo.
top qt
>>
>>137207720
>whole punch-ghost
the fuck? there weren't even that many to begin with. what about all those bullshit early stands that were just control of a vehicle or some shit?
>>
If you think about that, the Hamon isn't that different to the Stands: is a supernatural power whose usefulness in battle depends on the user's wits. But the Hamon was kinda limited and by the time of Kars' fight there wasn't very much to do with it, or not without introducing Dragon Ball-esque powerlevels. Meanwhile the Stands have certain rules they need to abide to, but that's it. A Stand can have any power the author can imagine.
I think people miss the Hamon because Joseph, the best and last user we saw in the series, was incredibly charismatic.
I'm sure that, if Jotaro was part 2's main and Joseph part 3's main no one would complain about "magical pokemon" that much.
>>
>>137205312
i think that's the point of him in part 4, Joseph got the best deal out of all the jojos but age does make you pay the price of losing yourself to senility, is kinda of heart breaking to see such cunning young man become such inoffensive old man (it hit me especially hard because my grandpa went through a similar change) but it also speak of how much he endured too.
>>
>>137205312
joseph had a disco rave stand battle inside his brain, and then he was dead with all his blood drained out for like half an hour
he's lucky to be functioning at all
>>
>>137211142
I wonder if he was alive at the time of Pucci's spacetime shenanigans or if he died of old age before that.
>>
File: CZ24IfTXEAAcfNY.jpg (323KB, 1024x1211px) Image search: [Google]
CZ24IfTXEAAcfNY.jpg
323KB, 1024x1211px
>>137211137
>every animeonly I know got buttmad as soon as Stands were introduced

I think you are onto something anon, Joseph was their favorite too
>>
>>137206867
It was probably just Araki changing his mind again, but that makes a good amount of sense.
>>
>>137205312
Did GER let Giorno survive part 6?
>>
>>137211115
People don't actually pay attention when they read the manga.
Everyone on /a/ basically just smashes their face into the monitor and screams memes the entire time.
>>
>>137211137
Stands are just a advance form of Hamon anyway.
>>
I was really dissapointed about how he went out. If he had just used the ripple once a week or so he could have been a badass until the end of time. He didn't seem like the sort to want a normal life.
>>
>>137205312
Even heros get old, that's a battle nobody can win.
>>
i know I'm just stealing this from Joel from vinesauce but i agree with him, it would had been so much cooler if Joseph had died transferring his last Hamon to Jotaro so that he could had combined it with Star Platinum to give him the upper hand over Dio, it would had made much more sense over Dio dying of kicking with his bad leg and it would had been the perfect send off for Joseph and the ripple, it was implied that Joseph had the affear that created Josuke before part 3 started so it wouldn't affect diamond is unbreakable that much and it would explain why Jotaro doesn't age in part 4 and 6
>>
>>137213462
weird coincidence, I just followed him yesterday after watching his XP destruction video
>>
>>137212691
I disagree. In my opinion the majority of the Jojos except for Giorno wanted nothing but a normal life, but events outside their control (Dio's appearance, Uncle Speedwagon's disappearance, The Nijimura brothers, etcetera) forced them to get into the vampire / stand nonsense.
I'm not talking about Yoshikage Kira's idea of a normal life (being figuratively invisible to everyone while murdering women by the side), but a normal life: a family, children, professional / business success and the like.
>>
>>137213634
>>137213462
Streaming faggotry? seriously?
>>>/v/
>>
>>137207598

It's because Straits demonstrated that the longer you cling to your youth through Hamon the more it hurts when you have to eventually let go and grow old. Plus, there's no more vampires or pillar men any more. He still keeps it around as a party trick.
>>
>>137213791
>getting triggered by a name
you might as well ignore that the rest of that post was perfectly related to the topic of the thread unlike yours.
>>
>>137214087
The rest of that post was still incredibly stupid. The "take the last of my power" shit is one of the most cliched things you can imagine. Jotaro taking advantage of Dio's left side injury and said side's slower healing compared to the other was leagues better.
>>
>>137207598
i think it goes well with Joseph character, remember Joseph is lazy as fuck unless he is under pressure, and the implication from what we saw of hamon training is that even in retirement you need to keep a pretty strict regime to keep the ripple flowing, i can totally believe Joseph saying fuck to the daily training once there was no immediate need for the ripple anymore
>>
>>137214221
then why didn't you say it in the first place instead of shitposting worse than the post that you complained about?
>>
File: 8763267890.png (212KB, 540x396px) Image search: [Google]
8763267890.png
212KB, 540x396px
Joseph a shit.
>>
>>137207503
Ok, grandpa
>>
>>137213462
>it would explain why Jotaro doesn't age in part 4 and 6
Unless you're implying that Jotaro could be a Hamon user without training, that wouldn't explain anything. Hamon slows down aging only if the user constantly trains with it, which is why we have Old Joseph
>>
>>137205312
Unless he was going to go around teaching people The Ripple (which with no vampires, there's really no need), there really isn't anyone that would care outside of the Speedwagon Foundation
Joseph has lived most of his life in secret missions that nobody knows anything about.

I mean shit. It took until part 4 for him to FINALLY get old, I mean, actually old. And considering all the shit that most Ripple masters go through (resulting in death), I'd say he got off easy.
>>
>>137211461
Hmm, maybe you're right.
I loved Part 2, but I had seen the OVA beforehand, so I knew what happened to Joseph beforehand.
>>
i wonder if there would had been any relevant difference in part 3 if Joseph had kept practicing Hamon until that time.
>>
File: LODS.png (237KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
LODS.png
237KB, 500x524px
I just finished reading Part 4 too

>Mona Lisa boners
>>
>>137216354
Probably not. Maybe he would be able to fire off a zoom punch on Dio, but I doubt it.
>>
>>137217028

Could Joseph even zoom punch? I know it's a basic ripple technique and one of the first things taught to Jonathan, but it's never mentioned and maybe by the 30's the ripple masters of the time had realised that dislocating your wrist just to make your punch go a little further is fucking retarded.
>>
I feel like Joseph should sell his Ripple mastery, I mean it reduces ageing, great combative (especially on vamps) and has so much everyday usage Joseph would be sitting on so much Ripple money additionally with SWF's infinite budget, literally the richest man on Earth
>>
>>137217998
I thought it was your shoulder.
>>
>>137218421

Just imagine the ads.

>This man learned to imbue his fists with the power of the Sun with THIS crazy breathing technique! Vampires hate him!! Click here to find out more!
>>
>>137205312
shit nigga his son is the protagonist of that part, josep is still kicking bro
>>
>>137210500
>facebook meme group page
>cancerous watermark
What the fuck
>>
File: hamon.png (180KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
hamon.png
180KB, 680x850px
>>137218670
>>
>>137221918
Oops forgot sun
>>
>>137205312
It honestly feels like these 3 iterations of Joseph are 3 completely different characters, I mean they are kinda, but i wish it felt like it wasn't.
>>
>>137221918
That legit looks like my dad
>>
File: hamon.png (182KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
hamon.png
182KB, 680x850px
>>137221918
Alright fixed
>>
>>137222239

>the body is jesus

Thats lame, but i guess it fits my idea of having Joestars back in rome,
>>
>>137222193
I almost want a version that says "Click here to read the manga!"
>>
>>137211137
I want to see someone who uses Hamon and his Stand in perfect tandem to become a true killing machine. When I first started reading part 3 way back in the day I totally thought that's what was going to happen.
>>
>>137222193
But old Joseph no longer use hamon, maybe you should put a picture of young Joseph.
>>
>>137222239
that's rude anon, you shouldn't spoil that shit
please kill youself
>>
>>137225206
he used it on the tumor stand
>>
>>137225206
Like >>137225402 said, he used it a couple times in part 3 and it was the only Joseph I could find that didn't look like this, I could always use a drawn one but the authentic feel would be gone
>>
>>137222193
>THIS OLD FART IS FUCKING HOT JAPANESE COLLEGE STUDENTS
>CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW
>>
>>137206867
He was mentally bumbling and pretty senile at first, but the excitement of dealing with Stand users, and generally stuff happening besides sitting around getting old got his cogs moving again and when he returned home after part 4 he was apparently in much greater health than before.
>>
>>137205312
I don't know why Araki brought Joseph in.

You can't really have a murder mystery plot when you bring in a character whose main power is finding people. Seriously, why didn't he break a goddamn camera and find Kira instantly?
>>
>>137207323
I think Hamon would allow for some actual dude vs dude fights rather than nothing but ability stands.

Fuck, I'd settle for punch ghosts. I want some fucking COMBAT. Not "FIGURE OUT MY PUZZLE THEN ONE SHOT ME"

>captcha: select all images with cars
I fucking know, right?
>>
>>137225729
The camera power was only related to the Joestar bloodline, that's how Jotaro found Josuke.
>>
>>137225729
Because before they actually met Kira, they had no idea who he was. Joseph couldn't just think "the murderer" and get a picture of Kira. After they did discover Kira's identity, he quickly swapped identities, he was no longer "Yoshikage Kira" he was "Kosaku Kawajiri"
>>
>>137208856
I'm at part 5. Does part 8 finally bring back fighting?
>>
>>137211137
You'd think that even with stands you'd want to learn hamon.

Fuck, y'know what would've been cool? Have Joseph teach Josuke hamon. Josuke needs a method of healing himself anyway.
>>
>>137225787
The entire reason Joseph came to Morioh and was introduced to the story was so he could use Hermit Purple to divine where RHCP's user was hiding.
Then Akira ambushed and revealed himself so he couldn't be found, and everyone forgot about Hermit Purple.

Also the photo of Aqua Necklace
>>
>>137206867
I thought about it, and it occurred to me that when he showed in Part 4, he had just spent however long traveling to Japan, which is pretty taxing for someone at his age, and everyone was nearly disowning him for having a bastard son, so he's probably depressed too. By the time InvisaBaby happens he's recovered from the trip and Josuke has started reconciling with him, he might have even done what he did to foster that.
>>
>>137225777
But there are tons of other series where you can get your combat fix, Jojo isn't like that anon, it's not about martial arts masters having knock out brawls, it's about normal people with super powers trying to murder each other. Shit, it's always been that way since part 2 anon, Joseph barely did any actual fighting, he pulled off some trick and cornered his enemies and then took them out pretty much right away
>>
>>137225206
He used it against DIO.
>>
>>137225853
Why? Look, as great as all the trick you can do with Hamon are, when you aren't fighting vampires or the undead Hamon is really not very practical in a fight, especially when most Stands can do more damage than any Hamon trick will do.
>>
>>137225854
How could Hermit Purple been used to find Akira is still unknown. It is is suppossed to be a new hability never used in Part 3.

Aqua Necklace's photo was because he was menacing Josuke or something.
>>
>>137225922
And he laughed. "Pilar Men hate him" is more fiting.
>>
>>137225951
If Joseph has some clue to what hes looking for, it will show up in a photo. Aqua Necklace only popped up by chance, but they knew what Akira's Stand was. If he had thought about finding RHCP it would have probably shown Akira in the photo.
>>
>>137225970
Only because he was confident that Hamon wouldn't be a threat thanks to The World. When Joseph tried to use it on him the first time he escaped Purple Hermit's binding before the Hamon contacted, and even when DIO stopped time he chose to hit Joseph with knives to avoid coming into contact with his Hamon infused Hermit Purple body wrapping under his clothes.
>>
>>137225816
I think Josuke being in danger constitutes a pretty big threat to the bloodline.

>>137225905
You can have a happy medium, though. It gets kind of boring when all it ends up being is "OH NO I HAVE TO FIND OUT HIS TRICK AND TRICK HIM THEN HIT HIM".

Imagine having that kind of shit going on WHILE people are fighting. Doing shit like Jotaro and DIO in the end of part 3. That'd be awesome.

>>137225929
But Hamon is amazingly useful. Even if you aren't fighting vampires you get shit like walking on water, near instant healing and enhanced lifespan.
>>
>>137226026
But Josuke was never in danger, Kira never once aimed his sights at Josuke until the end of part 4, so theres no way Kira would have shown up in a spirit photo.
>>
>>137211221
Araki said he's still around by Stone Ocean.
>>
>>137226026
But it would just be boring, because then it would be trying to find an excuse to put Hamon into every fight. Rarely does a Stand battle develop into a situation where Hamon would be in anyway useful, since it's a close-ranged technique, and if you get close enough to use Hamon in a Stand fight, you should be hitting with your Stand instead. It would no longer be this cool technique, it would become a hanger-on, like a clingy ex-girlfriend, cause then you will get situations like "Well why does X even bother with Hamon anymore, it doesn't do anything except a few tricks"
>>
File: hamonv2.png (173KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
hamonv2.png
173KB, 680x850px
>>137225970
>>
>>137226118
Are you honestly telling me you don't know how walking on water and near-instant healing would be incredibly useful in a Jojo battle? Especially in a series with fairly regular deaths?

I get not liking it but fuck you if you honestly think hamon wouldn't have any uses.
>>
>>137226026
Again, just tricks. Walking on water is cool, but unless you're fighting a water-based Stand, or trying to traverse a river or lake, it aint gonna do much in a normal fight. The healing, while useful, was never implemented during battles in part 1 and 2, otherwise Joseph and Jonathan would never get hurt in a fight, they would just Hamon heal as soon as they get a scratch, but they never did, because it wasn't that powerful. And enhanced lifespan isn't gonna help win fights. Outside of curbstomping vampires and zombies, Hamon is useful for making water hold shapes, turn pasta into weapons, mind-control people you kiss, stuff birds into people's mouths, make a sail out of leaves, explode soda and laser light shows.
>>
File: Giornodies.jpg (830KB, 1560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Giornodies.jpg
830KB, 1560x1200px
>>137216489
Giorno dies
>>
>>137226216
What are the best scans to read part 5 with, anyway? I hear one translation is duwang bad.
>>
File: naranciaaaaaa.jpg (25KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
naranciaaaaaa.jpg
25KB, 480x640px
>>137226216
>>
>>137226156
I like Hamon, it's just not useful outside of vampire hunting, and wouldn't be of any real use in a Stand battle, unless said Stand users are also vampires. With walking on water, sure, it's useful, like once, when you fight a water-based Stand, if you're lucky, any other time, how would it come in handy? Also Hamon healing is no where near "near-instant healing" Such a thing only happened once, when Zeppeli fixed Jonathan's broken neck, but that spent all of Zeppeli's life into that single Hamon move, and was obviously his ultimate trick.

It's true Hamon has it's uses, it would just run dry in the face of Stand battles.
>>
File: Narancia.Ghirga.full.1548051.jpg (248KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Narancia.Ghirga.full.1548051.jpg
248KB, 800x600px
>>137226216
Anon please, that's how my waifu died... ;_;
>>
>>137226156
If you want Stands and Hamon mixed fights just read Steel Ball Run, the Spin is exactly like Hamon, without the limitations.
>>
>>137226320
I don't really call bullet nails "fighting".

It's neat and all, but it's still "STANDS STANDING STANDS"
>>
>>137226320
>the Spin is exactly like Hamon

how to spot a retard.
>>
>>137226372

What, next you're gonna tell me the rock men aren't the pillar men analog of this universe?
>>
>>137226408
Parallels are not 'exactly alike' you back-pedaling neanderthal. Are you like, ironically acting like you know what's up?
>>
>>137226331
The Spin isn't bullet nails, thats Tusk's ability.

Jojo is Stands, Stand battles, Stands fighting Stands, and battles revolving around tactics instead of who can kung-fu the other guy better. Don't like that? Oh well, it's been like that for 20+ years and thats what people love it for.
>>
>>137226432
Oh, forgive me, it's rotation and mathematics.

That's a pretty all or nothing attitude, bub. I don't see why there can't be a middleground.

Hell, I LIKE punch ghosts. I miss them. Stands don't ever actually fucking FIGHT now.
>>
>>137226430

I'm not even the same guy. I just assumed that's what he meant and didn't choose to act like some pedantic autist and call him out on it.
>>
>>137226432
People are just dumb pricks. Like those guys who hate Jotaro because he's too cool, and they WANT to be cool.
>>
>>137226463
You can admit you're retarded, you know. I'll forgive you.
>>
>>137226372
>A special technique known only by a select few individuals
>Produces an energy that can be implemented in numerous ways and seemingly creates new uses on the fly
>Can only be used from a very narrow method (breathing/spinning object)
Literally the only thing separating Spin from Hamon is Hamon is used to kill the undead and Spin is used to kill the living.
>>
>>137226487

I don't need to. You on the other hand clearly are.
>>
>>137226491
You're too slow.

>>137226496
I don't know, you've been trying really hard to make it seem otherwise.
>>
>>137226513

Nah, you're the retard here, clearly.
>>
>>137226535
Are you sure kid?
I'm not the one comparing spin to hamon, only retards do that.
>>
>>137226555

Nah, the real retards are the ones that act like autistic pedants on non-academic and non-professional platforms. Try harder.
>>
>>137226596
>Get proven wrong
>Cry that word you heard in school once over and over

I'm surprised anything soaked up in that dry head of yours. I guess it was one of those times where you weren't jerking off under the desk?
>>
>>137226460
Whats wrong with that anon? Why is it bad that there isn't combat. You make it seem like it's something brand new, but i've read Jojo, anon, outside of Part 1 there has barely ever been long, drawn out combat.
>The World
>Ebony Devil
>Yellow Temperance
>High Priestess
>Anubis
>Horus
>Killer Queen
>RHCP
>Sticky Fingers
>Black Sabbath
>Little Feet
>Beach Boy
>White Album
>Notorious B.I.G.
>Whitesnake/C-Moon
>Jumpin' Jack Flash
>Limp Bizkit
>Surivor/Planet Waves
>Dragon's Dream
>Scary Monsters
>D4C
>Mandom
>Tatoo You!
>Born This Way
>I Am a Rock
These are all the Stand fights I can remember (so I may have missed a few or mistaken some) where the fight was more than a one-shot beat down, some kind of tactical puzzle fight, or just a curbstomp run-away fight

As you can see, it's not a very large list, spanning from parts 3-8. As for part 2, the only long-term battle that could count as "combat" would be Joseph vs Wammu
>>
>>137226513
Too slow with what?

Also both Hamon and Spin involve psuedo-science/biology to explain why they can do things, mixed with fantasy elements.
>>
>>137226641
Too slow for me to give a shit about your rehashed reply.
>>
>>137226616

>Proven wrong

Where? Try again kiddo.
>>
>>137226624
Nice goalposts moving but okay, I'll play. The whole "WE MUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT HIM" gets incredibly boring and whilst the individual gimmicks are neat it inevitably becomes super goddamn formulaic

It'd spice a battle up if they were actually physically interacting and fighting. Suddenly there'd be more factors in a fight and it wouldn't be a case of "HE'S SO STRONG HE'LL BEAT US OH NO OH WAIT HERE'S THE LOOPHOLE".
>>
>>137226685
You called me pedantic, which was a show that I was splitting hairs.
Which means I was right, you just didn't enjoy how I achieved it. I hope it keeps you up at night sport
>>
File: Wiredcolor.png (663KB, 416x676px) Image search: [Google]
Wiredcolor.png
663KB, 416x676px
>>137226670
Oh I get it, I see where this is going now.
>>
>>137226697
Go read a different manga, then.
Spare us your sorry whining.
>>
>>137207323
>Anyone not happy with the series going to monster of the week is an anime only pleb,
Sure thing faggot. Part 7 was shit.
>>Entire final fight is just Valentine sitting in a magical gap that nullifies damage until it turns out gravity can somehow ignore dimensions
>>
>>137226710

>Which means I was right

Right about you being retarded? Good, we agree on that.
>>
>>137226722
So you're defending an incredibly boring formula and pushing back at the fucking THOUGHT that adding in some other factors might spice things up?

Do you remember when Joseph pulled a tommy gun out in an attempt to kill Straits? Don't you think having more dangers aside from a stand would make the battles more dynamic and fun? Suddenly you've gotta be fast and clever with.
>>
File: 1405477292514.png (91KB, 1025x743px) Image search: [Google]
1405477292514.png
91KB, 1025x743px
>>137226748
Are you mad?
Upset that mean old Anonymous isn't like your blog followers, junior?
>>
File: 1371788117442.jpg (113KB, 520x355px) Image search: [Google]
1371788117442.jpg
113KB, 520x355px
>>137226768
>muh battle tendency
>>
>>137226697
>Goalpost moving
What? I was listing fights that were in the vain of what you've been asking for.

>The whole "WE MUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT HIM" gets incredibly boring
But that is literally every fight in all of Jojo, hell in practically every manga, it makes fights more interesting when the MC has to figure out how to win a fight, rather than just brute forcing a win, no where is that more of a central idea than in Jojo.

I mean shit, the way you complain you make it seem like every Jojo fight with Stands has been a level in Brain Age. Why not give some examples of these fights you have such issues with, because I am going over the fights throughout Jojo and I can only think of a handful where both sides of the battle are completely isolated physically from each other and ends in a one-shot beat down like you're talking about.
>>
>>137226785

No, I'm actually giving less fucks than you if you'd notice the lack of actual argument. Try again.

I'll keep replying and drag this whole thread down buddy :^).
>>
File: 1383493765662.png (427KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1383493765662.png
427KB, 640x481px
>>137226840
>>
>>137206677
At the beginning of Part 2, Straits and Speedwagon were roughly the same age.
Speedwagon was 75. Straits looked like he was 50.
>>
File: 0002.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0002.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>137226860
>>
>>137226826
I'm talking about part 4 mostly as that's as far as I'm up to. The "FUCK AROUND GETTING THRASHED FOR AN HOUR BEFORE FINDING IT'S WEAKPOINT" shit got old. Really fucking old.

I want more fights like Jotaro vs DIO. That was more than just "TIMESTOP". They were throwing shit, blocking, kicking, running, stopping their own hearts, etc. It was exciting and felt dynamic.
>>
>>137226768
It's only boring to you, apparently, anon.

All Stand battles are fast and clever fights, since most fights are "think on your feet or you're dead" situations. Theres never been any Stand battles where the guys just sit around thinking up a solution. You're seriously just trying to jam different elements into Stand battle for no other reason than to force more things in. Stand battles have always been fight in tactical knowledge and how to best use your environment to beat the enemy, since Stand fights are pretty much never pre-planned situations, they are spontaneous, forcing the Stand users to think on their feet, to come up with something right then and there. Joseph didn't pre-plan to fight Straits and pack a tommy gun, hell, even when he did use the Tommy Gun, it ended up just being used for a Hamon trick since bullets were useless against Straights.
>>
File: 1260744609448.jpg (145KB, 413x500px) Image search: [Google]
1260744609448.jpg
145KB, 413x500px
>>137226929
>>
File: 1439096057929.png (204KB, 681x655px) Image search: [Google]
1439096057929.png
204KB, 681x655px
>>137226948
>I'm talking about part 4 mostly as that's as far as I'm up to
>Complaining about things getting old when you have barely scratched the surface of Stand battles
I mean shit, how far are you even in part 4, because it's clear you haven't gotten very far in the part if you're bitching about people not being clever and pulling out exciting tactics and tricks on the fly.
>>
Is Part 5 a blur to anyone else? I can literally remember nothing about it, besides King Crimson and Narancia dying
>>
>>137226948
Jotaro dies
>>
>>137227047
Read the whole thing. I was getting fed up by Highway Star and that paper fucker only made it worse.
>>
>>137226948
>I want more fights like Jotaro vs DIO. That was more than just "TIMESTOP". They were throwing shit, blocking, kicking, running, stopping their own hearts, etc. It was exciting and felt dynamic.
That's pretty much an extended version of the thing you just mentioned. The reason the fight was like that was because Jotaro could NOT approach DIO without some sort of trick, or he'd get killed.
>>
>>137227082
Yes, but the tricks were mixed in with actual fighting. It was cool to see them ripping out lamposts and dropping steam rollers.
>>
>>137227076
>Hating Highway Star
>Hating Enigma
>Bitching about boring Stand fights when it has shit like Bad Company, Ratt, Aqua Necklace, Super Fly and Killer Queen
Anon, maybe Jojo just isn't for you.
>>
>>137227076
>complains about fights not being dynamic
>uses Highway star as an examole
This is bait isn't it
>>
>>137205312
The worst part about it is his mom is probably still alive and looking younger than him.
>>
>>137207704
Joseph is the only Joestar who lived past his 40s and he's also a real estate tycoon in New York who runs the Speedwagon Foundation.
>>
>>137227172
I'll give you the car part was pretty cool, but after Super Fly I was just so sick and tired of it.

I really enjoyed part 4's finale, though. Especially the kid being a clever fuck and using the plant like a gun.
>>
>>137208936
Your next line will be: And this is supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>137227120
>It was cool to see them ripping out lamposts and dropping steam rollers.
Them? DIO was the only one who did that. Jotaro hit Dio like six times the entire fight, only after catching him off guard each time, meanwhile the fight was pretty much one-sided until the heart stopping trick with DIO beating the shit out of Jotaro. Once DIO sucked Joseph's blood, Jotaro got one more hit in before the end of the battle. It wasn't as back and forth as you seem to think it was, in fact the fight was pretty short and Jotaro spent most of the fight getting his ass handed to him.
>>
>>137217998
He can zoom punch, but he only did it once. Against the Pillar Men there's no point with small tricks like that.

Then again Joseph did beat ACDC and Wham with cheap tricks like that.
>>
>>137227052
Totally, I guess it's the combination of bad scans and nonsense plot. Makes it hard to formulate the timeline when remembering it.
>>
>>137225178
Hermit Purple is a fairly weak stand for combat and he's been out of practice for years. However, HP is arguably the only Stand in the series that could work with his Hamon.
>>
>>137227052
I re-read it a while ago. I really don't understand how people have trouble remembering or understanding anything about part 5, it was pretty much clear as day, though half of it was re-translations, so that might have helped.
>>
>>137227229
I think it's a shame how DIO got beaten, Star Platinum didn't have anything on him until he learned how to think during a time stop.

Then again if Dio had stopped playing around and just killed him without celebrating his victory over the Joestars he might have done it.
>>
>>137226726
According to the standard model the only fundamental force that is implied to be capable of transcending dimensions is gravity. Maybe Araki deserves more credit than you're giving him fampai
>>
>>137227432
>lol wat happn in stardust crewsadrs agan?

I love these meme posts
>>
>>137227179
he was already 50 in 1939, no way did she live past part 3
>>
>>137227562
Go fuck yourself, you cock-huffing shit-for-brains.
>>
File: 2zxoapg.png (13KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
2zxoapg.png
13KB, 470x495px
>>137227642
>Lashing out like a dumb kid on 4chan

18+, bruv. Read the rules. Maybe when you're older you'll re-read Jojo and actually grasp what happens on page.
You think a comic would be easy to get, though.
>>
>>137226320
Hamon > Spin > Stand.

This is the objective truth.
>>
>>137227755
>muh naruto super powers ;(

I'm glad Araki doesn't write for you.
>>
File: 1365550022493.gif (313KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1365550022493.gif
313KB, 300x182px
>>137227755
Good joke anon
>>
The question is, how come despite Hamon's anti-aging properties, Joseph looks like an old cunt in both part 3 and 4.

He should be looking like 50 at 80.
>>
>>137227822
Because his two least phrases are "work hard" and "hard work". Hamon takes both.
>>
File: JOJO-v08-c71-p010.png (153KB, 717x1100px) Image search: [Google]
JOJO-v08-c71-p010.png
153KB, 717x1100px
>>137227853
least favorite, that is
>>
are jojo threads the gap between /a/ and /jp/?
>>
>>137225826
Part 6 has crazy fights if you're looking for that.

Part 7 is more guns, less hand-to-hand

Part 8 does away with guns, back to regular fighting, no punchghosts though.
>>
>>137228751
Hand to hand in part 8?
>>
>>137228857
Gappy does a mixture of beating people with his bare hands and letting his stand throw punch volleys.
>>
>>137228891
That sounds amazing.

Also does Giorno ever get more interesting?
>>
>>137229039
Giorno is always interesting, he's just not a goofy fuck like 2/4 of the other Jojo's introduced already.
He's good guy Dio, the climax of Jonathan and Dio's bizarre friendship.
>>
>>137229125
>He's good guy Dio
He is clearly godfather Jonathan
>>
>>137229196
He's a golden child. He has the ambition and ability Dio had, and is willing to kill and commit crimes to achieve his goals as long as it doesn't contradict his ethics. He has Jonathan's honor and the pride that comes with being a Joestar.
And Gold Experience is basically a combination of Dio's and Jonathan's potential, it creates life like Jonathan's ripple did, but is a close range stand like The World.
>>
>>137229293
Not to mention the guy is more than willing to throw his body into a meat grinder if it means winning a fight, as long as it doesn't kill him
>>
>>137229293
>is willing to kill and commit crimes to achieve his goals as long as it doesn't contradict his ethics
Jonathan is also like this. Sure he kept Dio's head in the boat instead of killing him, but he tried to kill him before. He also killed lots of vampires and zombies.
>>
>>137229444
Killing an undead abomination is different from blowing some guy's brains out with his own gun, infecting a person with a flesh melting virus or forcing a venomous snake to bite a man on the tongue
>>
>>137229536
This entirely.
Araki makes it very apparent that Jonathan wasn't held back by his physical ability as much as it was his character. He had heart, but was too Lawful Good for his own well being.
>>
>>137229536
>undead abomination
Undead abominations that could recover their humanity, no difference from killing murderous gangsters.
>>
>>137229675
>Undead abominations that could recover their humanity,
citation needed
>>
>>137229675
That only happened because of the special quality of Jonathan's ripple
>lol murderous gangsters and fallen knights are liek the saem thing
Oh, nevermind, you're retarded.
>>
>>137229717
>That only happened because of the special quality of Jonathan's ripple
Why he didn't use it on every zombie instead of killing them? They were innocent people before being mind-controlled by Dio.

>implying killing isn't a crime
>implying mind-controlled people deserve to die with the force of a sun
>>
>>137229444
Jonathan didn't kill innocent people and his motives weren't purely selfish. Johnny just wanted to walk again and didn't hesitate shooting innocent women when Dio shielded himself with them-
>>
File: 1405635230990.png (857KB, 911x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1405635230990.png
857KB, 911x1070px
All this lashing out against Stands is fucking stupid. Have any of you actually seen Jo2uke and how amazing he is? Soft & Wet is by far one of the most interesting Stands Araki has ever come up with, and the "fights" are far more tense than anything from Phantom Blood or Battle Tendency.
>>
>>137211912
>Araki makes part 9
>It's about Giorno's son with Trish.
>It's in the good ol' universe we all love
>Giorno's son has somewhat vampiric powers, due to his grandpa being a vampire and what not
>Now Giorno's son has to try to live a quiet life, even though he is the son of a mafia boss and the last vampire alive
>People go after him to kill him because of that
>Adventures happen

pls araki i'm also biased because i really love giorno and part 5 in general, so i really want him to be alive
>>
File: they'll have four kids.jpg (54KB, 279x351px) Image search: [Google]
they'll have four kids.jpg
54KB, 279x351px
>>137230978
>Giorno's son with Trish
>Trish
>>
>>137225970
He still wasn't able to attack Joseph with the World when the old man wrapped purple hermit around himself and charged it with ripple energy, thats why Joseph lasted long enough to shout out to Jotaro and why Dio resorted to throwing a knife in his throat

The only reason he dismissed it was because Joseph had no way to offensively hit him with the ripple fast enough that Dio could not prevent it.

Though if it was part 2 Joseph he totally could have beaten Dio even without a stand, of course
>>
>>137226118
>>137226290
You're being an idiot who needs to reread the early parts of the series, Hamon can be utilized to do all sorts of crazy things.
Its not like you need to use a stand attack to take out a stand user, or set them up for the finishing blow.
>>
>>137231802
Did Joseph ever killed a vampire? I can only remember him killing Pilar Men.
>>
>>137231840
Straits
>>
>>137231840
Well technically Pillar Men are superior 'vampires' who create the lesser beings known as vampires with the stone masks but are better than them in every way. Also Cars did have an army of vampire servants leading up to the final confrontation in Part 2.
>>
>>137231877
He killed himself.
>>
>>137231909
Kars' army were killed by nazis, not Joseph.
>>
>>137231920
Oh, come on. He would have died either way.
>>
>>137231944
>>137231840
What point are you trying to make?
Do you somehow discount the pillar men as vampires.
>>
File: 1404905926382.png (874KB, 782x468px) Image search: [Google]
1404905926382.png
874KB, 782x468px
>Anons mad about anime fags and spam "read the manga" meme images
>Other Anons say "Hey I just finished part 4+ on the mango
>Get's spoiled anyway

I am so happy I stayed away from /a/ during my read. I just stayed on /vg/

R.I.P JoJo General, I miss you a lot
>>
File: OZZ1t7tz1e_500.jpg (81KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
OZZ1t7tz1e_500.jpg
81KB, 500x228px
>>137230978
>Giorno
Nah, Mista is the one who won the trophy, Giorno is busy being a boss
>>
>>137232011
I mean, maybe she cheated on him
>>
>>137229125
>Giorno is always interesting, he's just not a goofy fuck like 2/4 of the other Jojo's introduced already.
No, there's definitely more to it than that.

Giorno's entire drive is that he wants to stand at the top of the gang because he wants to stand at the top of the gang. This is said by a single line of narration and we never get even a line of inner monologue about it from the guy himself. Why are we supposed to care about this character's quest again?
>>
>>137231840
Vampires are weaker than Pillar Men but still much stronger than humans. Part 2 was cool because Joseph had to outsmart his foes instead of just being naturally overwhelmingly powerful.
Yeah, he could probably take out part 1 Dio, but DIO? With The World? Probably not
>>
>>137231920
He killed himself because he wanted to look like the good guy in his final moments
>>
>>137208936
And this is supposed to be impressive?
>>
>>137231957
But Joseph tried to save him.
>>
>>137232005
They aren't vampires, they are vampirish.
>>
>>137226216
>NARANCIAAAA
Replace that with GIORNOOOOO
>>
>>137227979
More like /a/ and reddit
>>
Could Josuke have un-vamped DIO by "fixing" him?

Hell, could he have brought Johnathan back? His body was still technically alive.
>>
File: 1435351027448.jpg (18KB, 140x156px) Image search: [Google]
1435351027448.jpg
18KB, 140x156px
>>137235725
If there was anything left of DIO maybe
>>
>>137235758
I mean hypothetically.

Since vampirism does count as "damage", doesn't it?
>>
File: wusgood.png (992KB, 432x1364px) Image search: [Google]
wusgood.png
992KB, 432x1364px
hachibyou keika in paint
>>
>>137231840
Wired Beck? Or did Lisa Lisa kill him, I don't remember.
>>
Part 4 was the last good part, I dropped 5 when that fag licked the blonde guy.
>>
>>137235725
Isn't Josuke's fixing powers related to time? Like if it was broke/hurt days ago he can't do shit.
>>
File: 1428555366742.png (546KB, 752x420px) Image search: [Google]
1428555366742.png
546KB, 752x420px
>>137205312
So who is ready for the animeonly hate of Josuke? I feel like they're going to bash him to pieces because "Joseph would never cheat!"
>>
>>137235791
If spaghettis "count" as damage, vampires also do.
>>
>>137235959
Good bait, made me respond
>>
>>137235959
>he thinks Buccellati is a guy
She looks like a dyke but that's it
>>
>>137236014
Joseph is slut incarnate, Suzie Q should be relieved he only got one mistress pregnant.
>>
>>137205312
> Joseph has fought ancient super beings, lost his hand to the ultimate life form and survived, fought powerful stand users, had a blood transfusion with a vampire and survived
> Nobody knows about this or cares
Think about that next time an old person tries to tell a story from his old days and people are bored, ignoring him or think it's bullshit. Maybe your grandpa really did all those things in the war like he said but you didn't listen anon, you were half asleep wanting him to finish his story quickly so you could play your video games.
>>
>>137231840
Didn't he kill some of the grunt vampires that the Pillar Men created before the final battle?
>>
>>137236770
OH YES

Now I remember, after Lisa were defeated he smash some useless tier grunts. He use the zoom punch against them.
>>
>>137236014

So, he still using a mecha hand give by the nazis?

Barring the pinky finger.
>>
>>137207323
Hamon was pretty great. The stands never really impressed me and it was more fun watching people rip eachother to bits.

The only reason I enjoyed the third arc at all was the characters and not their powers.
>>
>>137236995
Can't beat German engineering. Hell, they built a functional cyborg with a hidden machinegun in his torso that only broke because of an airplane crash and a war.
>>
>>137237550

I think Kars fucked him up.

Not to count, Stroheim managed to fight Kars and live, just with science.

Could geman science beat DIO?
>>
>>137237683
Probably. Dio only became a big fish because he got himself a stand and constantly surrounded himself with henchmen that were neurotic weirdos. The Jojo nazis had their shit together and only ran into trouble because they had to fight the Pillarmen that were basically demigods.
>>
>>137237683
German science is the best in the world, but is DIO out of this world?
>>
>>137237251
Animefag I guess?
Hamon was fun while it lasted but Araki was reaching the limits of vampires.
Hamon was always about "imbue stuff with it", or "hit bad guy with it", not terribly exciting.
>>
File: 012.png (211KB, 899x1300px) Image search: [Google]
012.png
211KB, 899x1300px
>>
>>137237929
Nah, I read the manga and got terribly bored with the third arcs action.

A stand is just basically a punch condom so the fighters don't have to lay a finger on eachother.
>>
>>137238010
later stands have unique abilities though, it's not just punching family
>>
>>137238010
>A stand is just basically a punch condom so the fighters don't have to lay a finger on eachother.
What are you even criticizing?
>>
>>137238050
Yeah, but I rather just have direct punches instead of ghost punches.
>>
>>137238075

Not that guy but, Jotaro and Dio kept staring each other while THE WORLD and Star P. fought, DIO could simply rekt Jotaro in a fight, non stand wise.

Which is weird since DIO uses his super strength to rip a sign on heart stop scene.
>>
>>137238075
Well, condoms are bonerkillers and less fun than raw sex. So to me it just turned into a pussified manga when the stands were introduced.

It just felt like PG13 Jojo's to me.
>>
>>137238255
So you like fights because of the violence?
Too bad JJBA is 80% about mind games.
Even Hamon was an excuse for Jojos to hurt the vampires when they spend the majority of the fight trying to figure out how to hit them.
>>
>>137238145
Even still, DIO should have killed Jotaro regardless. He had vampiric healing abilities, Jotaro didn't, he was just a buff 17 year old. The bit where you see The World destroy Jotaro's ribs, that should have killed him.
>>
>>137238366
I liked the first two arcs because they had ultra violence and mindgames. Stands is for the most part just mindgames with milder levels of violence.
>>
>>137238735
Did the first 2 parts have people literally melting into a sink?
>>
>>137238735
>ultra violence and mindgames
sounds like part 6
>>
>>137210925
Jesus fucking Kars, I'd let him take me from behind.
>>
>>137238645

Well, thats plot for ya, but some times everything grab the idiot ball and does not go after the user, exceptions being Death and Anubis, with the first being Kakyoin being denied, and Anubis has no user.

I would like the opposite of it, stands users going after the user themselfes, the puppet guy from part 4 was a cool one, same thing with Heaven's door and Highway star, fuck the user not the stand.

>>137238772

Dogs being lit on fire and baby eating, is this not brutal enough?
>>
>>137238824
Well, I will check that out then.
>>
>>137238735
Honestly they didn't feel that violent to me. Later fights have flayed skins, gouged out eyes, razorblades in the throat, hands and fingers and sometimes fingernails flying, blood vessels pulled out of the body...
Part 1 and 2 had people melting or disappearing into dust.

>>137238645
Jotaro was a superior Stand user, using SP to protect himself for instance, knowing the limits of SP and stuff. DIO probably never fought before with TW, and even in his powered state, he should have seen that TW doesn't stand up to SP in a straight fistfight. So trying to kick Jotaro was foolish, DIO should've known that SP would have broken the leg.

To his credit, DIO makes full uses of his regeneration, he did use that to survive being ORA'd toward Joseph. Almost all of the other powers would have been near useless against a Stand.
>>
>>137239129

Still, why no eye lasers aginst Jotaro, instead of sign, why not the stinger ripper something?

It worked aginst Jonathan.
>>
>>137239129
First arc has people turning into dust as vampires and second arc has Pillarmen wearing human beings as outfits. Then there is also Pillarmen exploding into bits and trying to meld together as a fleshy T1000 after being blown to bits.
>>
File: jojo2_zpsf8d3169f.png (457KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
jojo2_zpsf8d3169f.png
457KB, 800x449px
Watching Battle Tendency with friends
Everytime Stroheim shows up "oh look it's anon lol"
>Mfw one of the girls is jewish
>Mfw her favorite character is stroheim
>>
>>137239374

She wants to race that master dick.

If he even has one.
>>
>>137239455
They probably built one for science.
>>
>>137239277
Not him but the "stinger" didn't work against Joseph when used by Straights so I'd guess it would be even more useless against Star Platinum since Jotaro's reaction time is faster. Throwing multiple knives during stopped time should be harder to dodge than a single space ripper and yet Star Platinum was punch deflecting them before being overwhelmed. A mudamudamuda... punch session should be even stronger and faster and yet Star Platinum could match it. Space ripper stingy eyes sounds and looks cool but I don't see it being effective after part 1. Plus I always thought it was counter productive for a vampire to throw his body fluids as weapons anyway.
>>
>>137239277
Two reasons:
-SRSE is a rather weak technique in the powerscale, humans have been able to guard or avoid it even at point blank range, so SP... Knives thrown by the World are definitely better, they'd go fly at higher speed and with higher power.
-DIO is more or less playing with the definitely better toy than vampire powers he just received.
>>
>>137239574

I meant in the heart stop scene, Dio could simply fire the lasers from far.
>>
>>137239681
Yeah, he was careless and just wanted to see Jotaro's head roll
There's another explanation that says Space Ripper Stingy Eyes makes him blind for a few secs (the time his eyes regenerate)
>>
>>137239881

>Wanted to see a head roll

Well, fuck throwing the sign then, we wanted to be cautious not approach, but he didn go all the way thru.
>>
>>137239537
>>137239455
His chest gun was basically a dick
>>
>>137239374
Why shouldn't her? Holocaust never happened in JoJo
>>
>>137241018
yes actually you see Stroheim killing jews in his first appearence
>>
>>137238914
Sex Pistols also work like that. They're only capable of redirecting bullets from a pistol, making them completely useless in hitting anything but the actual enemy and the environment.
>>
>>137207323
I liked hamon, it felt like something characters had to work hard to master. I would like to see hamon combined with stands like what Joseph did with his.
>>
>>137226026
>he hasn't read White Album yet
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8a4c7g41awo0v6/Vento%20Aureo%20-%20Vol%209%20-%20White%20Album%20Part%201-7%20%5Bq%5D.pdf?dl=0
If this fight does nothing for you, then just drop JoJo.
>>
>>137241264
Those were at least Mexicans, not confirmed Jews.
>>
Joseph is 80 by part 4, and unlike many of his contemporaries he was lazy about his Hamon training (despite his natural talent for it).

Ergo he aged like a normal person, and if you're unlucky you start having bad memory issues by then.

>>137237683
Dio being written out of Part 2 was an excellent way to save him while still having him be relevant in later seasons. Save for his stand, he is naturally far weaker than the Pillar Men.

Assuming Dio didn't have mastery of The World, and assuming you caught him with his pants down on the front lines (whereas he normally relies on his perpetual waves of minions) then using UV lighting to ambush him and stands/other lighting to kill him should work incredibly well.
>>
>>137242653

If Stroheim could fight Kars, i think Kars could make a stand seeing camera and use it to avoid the world.

And UV Nazi grunts would help.

I feel like part 2 and 3 should be inverted, Joseph and Stroheim fights Dio, and Jotaro faces the pillarmen.

SP is basically the ghost of a pillar men.

Thru i would really like if he added other powers that more than not!Hamon.

Hamon SP would basically be Dante with Beowulf.

Why didn Joseph told Jotaro about Hamon? I feel like Jotaro could make use of it.
>>
>>137242884
Jotaro doesn't have hamon.
>>
>>137213423
Dio won.
>>
>>137244995

This is why said: Why didn Joseph told Jotaro about Hamon?

Mr prankster forgot that some ribs didn need to be broken.
>>
>>137245201
Nobody that isn't an unnatural undead abomination.
>>
>>137244995
I always wondered why Joseph wouldn't pass it on since you can use it to heal your body.
>>
>>137245334
He had a crash course from the guy that had a crash course himself. It's really not hard to understand.
>>
>>137245376
Yeah, it seems anyone who is in good physical condition and discipline would be able to pick up.
>>
>>137245478
IIRC you're born with hamon or you're not, you can only teach people how to use what they already have, otherwise it'd be like trying to teach singing to a mute.
>>
>>137239129
>Jotaro was a superior Stand user, using SP to protect himself for instance, knowing the limits of SP and stuff.

That is true, but look at this clip. At DIO's peak, The World shattered Star Platinum's defense, completely obliterating Jotaro, this would have killed any ordinary person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKhEJ7_uJc
>>
>>137245720
I guess that might be the case. It still seems like something that would be passed on in the family, though.

I guess Jotaro's Japanese genes fucked it up.
>>
>>137245745
It's all about how you feel, remember that Stands are products of the soul. When DIO and Jotaro charged, Jotaro destroyed DIO's hand because he was fucking pissed but when DIO revealed he had 4 more seconds of timestop, he became the dominant one. Jotaro overcame his fighting spirit when he managed to use timestop
>>
File: 2015053114.jpg (208KB, 1024x596px) Image search: [Google]
2015053114.jpg
208KB, 1024x596px
>>137245830
Hamon isn't the only thing the Joestar genes lost when they got mixed with Japanese genes.
>>
>>137245994

Men everyone looks like a cross of a barbie doll and bara porn character.
>>
>>137245830
There's a fairly plausible theory that hamon is only passed on by the mother. Johnathan's father didn't seem to have hamon, Jorge didn't get hamon from Johnathan, Joseph got his from Lisa Lisa, and Holly didn't get anything from Joseph.
>>
>>137246177

V-v-v-vagina power!
>>
File: Gilgamesh.png (173KB, 265x530px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.png
173KB, 265x530px
>>137213423
Well said.
>>
>>137246177
Except a stand, which is the final evolution of hamon.
>>
>>137246501
If a Stand is the final evolution of hamon, then being touched by Hermit Purple would have burned DIO, Joseph wouldn't need to infuse Hermit Purple with the hamon.
>>
File: 1452537618781.jpg (1MB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1452537618781.jpg
1MB, 780x1040px
>>137245994
>Jotaro and Josuke that small
Josuke was pretty buff when part 4 began and Jotaro is easily Joseph-tier, the big guy is clearly Jonathan though
>>
>>137246620
Jonathan was a cross between a teddy bear and a brick wall
>>
>>137238735
What about a stand that creates invisible zombies that eat people?
>>
>>137246587
There's always been some level of theory though, otherwise Stands should be vastly less effective on vampires, who are largely immune to blunt force trauma and other basic forms of attack.
>>
>>137248159
Eh, vampires and pillarmen basically already did that. I just don't find the idea of stands to be interesting.
>>
File: 496.png (492KB, 603x553px) Image search: [Google]
496.png
492KB, 603x553px
>>137248403
>Eh, vampires and pillarmen basically already did that.

>Not knowing about Limp Bizkit
>Not reading the manga.
>>
>>137248549
I found all the stands fights to be boring to read. Naturally I don't feel like reading several story arcs with them.

I just prefer bullshit martian arts over magical punch ghosts.
>>
File: jojo2345.png (439KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
jojo2345.png
439KB, 494x366px
>>137226726
Part 7 is the best part you pleb
>>
>>137206867
It seemed to me like he had become so far gone because he had gotten discouraged, and the incidents in Morioh+reconciling with Josuke+Achtung Baby gave him the will to live again
>>
>>137248703
>I just prefer bullshit martian arts over magical punch ghosts.
I like how people pretend there's a significant change in Araki's methods of pacing battles and encounters since switching to stands.
It's still a series of asspulls and covers until getting an OHKO for most fights sans climactic ones. Part 1 and 2 barely fucktioned as kung-fu manga especially compared to its popular contemporaries like HnK.

Punch ghosts memes is only relevant to a few encounters throughout all of the series.
>>
> 80 years old
> did amazing things no one cares for
> sidelined
> not all the way there in the head

It happens in reality why question it now?
>>
File: 1454738771097.png (320KB, 864x859px) Image search: [Google]
1454738771097.png
320KB, 864x859px
Someone please post the panel whe re Johnny and Gyro are making a toast to everything they have lost. Both colored and black & white are acceptable.

Your favorite SBR panels are fine too.
>>
>>137236337
This.

My great grandpa once told this amazing story to me when I was 13 about how back in the 60's he journeyed across America in search of his best friend who went into hiding after murdering someone.

>Raised during the great depression.
>Fought in World War II
>Went on a pan-american journey to get answers from his best friend, encountering cult enclaves and gang members that he sometimes had to fight in melee combat (The purest form of combat)
>Never found his brother, but he grew as a person
>The mystery is still unsolved to this day, but he told me that he hopes his friend found peace in the end.

I didn't believe most of what he said at the time, and I still don't because he probably exaggerated some shit, but I got fucking BORED listening to him talk about island hopping to fight the Japanese.
>>
>>137205312
Hell in part three he already lost most of the things that made him who he was.
>>
I thought I heard someone say in these threads that SBR colored is finished? Batoto only has up to Tusk. Is there anywhere else that has it?
>>
>>137252118
Because people don't know how, or when it's appropriate, to compare fiction to reality.
>>
>>137229847
retard
>>
>>137229847
nice bait desu

No the ripple brought back only 1 person's noble SOUL, and this was only because they were a very righteous person. Their undead bodies will always be destroyed by the hamon.
>>
>>137245994
Josuke is literaly 15 though, by the time of stone ocean i'm sure he was Jonathon tier
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.