[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: Shouwa-Genroku-Rakugo-Shinjuu.jpg (63KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
Shouwa-Genroku-Rakugo-Shinjuu.jpg
63KB, 600x377px
Why is this show so good and why will it almost certainly fail to garner an audience? Let's run down the list: no lolis? check. No mechs? check. No lazers shoot shoot bang bang? check. No magic or monsters? check. No whiny highschool brats running around trying to get laid? check.

Hard as it is to imagine, particularly in this anime season overflowing with crap, there exists this one show with actual well written characters, a nice looking aesthetic, and an interesting storyline about an interesting topic. So what's the general opinion of this show on /a/?
>>
It's an aquired taste.
>>
>>136305711
Can't wait for the /r9k/er to come.
>>
It's dull. I like it but it's honestly a bit boring, the extra long first episode probably didn't help it's case
>>
>>136305711
Because it doesn't have any waifus or fanservice
>>
its pretty gay desu
>>
I thought it was doing well?
>>
>>136305711
DEEN fujoshit
>>
File: 1413832637873640028.jpg (78KB, 293x301px) Image search: [Google]
1413832637873640028.jpg
78KB, 293x301px
>>136305711
>Let's run down the list: no lolis? check. No mechs? check. No lazers shoot shoot bang bang? check. No magic or monsters? check. No whiny highschool brats running around trying to get laid? check.

Could you possible sound like even more of a fat, fujoshit hambeast weebwhore?

> this one show with actual well written characters, a nice looking aesthetic, and an interesting storyline about an interesting topic
And it's certainly not Genroku, which is a boring shot about boring Japanese comedy with mexican telenovela with homopandering for fujoshits.
>>
>>136305711

Because it is an extremely niche product even in Japan. I really like the fact that it lacks all the thing you mentioned, but I just couldn't give less of a shit about rakugo.
>>
It's pretty fucking boring. Just because you force yourself to sit through an unpopular, relatively inaccessible anime doesn't make it good. The rakugo segments are boring as fuck because the stories they tell aren't even entertaining.
>>
>>136306091
This
They put a lot of weight on the actual rakugo performance and it's hard to find it entertaining like the audience in the theater does.
>>
>>136305711
>Why is this show so good and why will it almost certainly fail to garner an audience?
Because of the shitty elitist fanbase.
>>
>>136305782
This plus it puts off people with ADHD too.
>>
>>136306091
>Because it is an extremely niche product even in Japan
It's a well-known art in Japan.
>>
>>136306464
Real-life rakugo is unfunny shit that only repressed japs find entertaining.

>>136306609
>shallow homopandering is an acquired taste

Whatever you say, fatty.
>>
>>136306091
I guess I can understand not liking the show if you don't like Rakugo. Seems to me like it's just a variation on standup comedy. I had never heard of Rakugo prior to watching Joshiraku a couple years back. Of course Joshiraku is freaking awesome.
>>
If half of anime will flashback it will be a shit anyway.
>>
>>136306678
>entertaining = funny
m8, I get your point.
But I meant it isn't interesting enough to actually pay attention to
>>
>>136305711
Fuck off anon. It's a great show, and I'm really enjoying it, but stop putting it on some pedestal. If you're going to praise it, do it based on its own merits, not by insulting everything else. It's bullshit and you're just asking for a bad thread.
>>
I think a lot of what I like about it is just how different it is from everything else being shoveled out this season. I mean how does a show like this even get green-lit? It clearly has a budget.
>>
>>136306678
It's not comedy specific you retard.
>>
It's a josei, it's for adult women. That is the smallest demographic in basically every medium.
What do you expect? It would make sense if you complained about an adult male-targeted series failing to this adult-male infested imageboard.
>>
>>136306789
>anon

Females can't be anons.
Go back to /r9k/.

>>136306873
Doesn't matter, it's still boring shit, stop pretending otherwise just because it's japanese.
>>
>>136305711
The show is good, but you should kill yourself pretentuous faggot.
>>
I'm enjoying this show but for fuck's sake this thread is awful. OP you are the worst.
>>
>comfy threads in the first week
>threads are almost as cancerous as phantom world's now
I just wanted to enjoy something with /a/
>>
File: 1433385380827.jpg (347KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
1433385380827.jpg
347KB, 800x734px
>>136306919
And rightfully so, josei is fucking trash.

>love triangles
>cucking
>women being rewarded for slutting it up
>female fantasies of being knocked up by an alpha and then finding their TRUE LOVE who willingly raises another man's kid

Josei is trash and I'm glad it's dying.
Adult women shouldn't be watching anime in the first place.
>>
>>136306982
Step 1: don't respond to meta or inflammatory posts
Step 2: enjoy good thread
>>
>>136305711
>why will it almost certainly fail to garner an audience?
2ch is predicting 11k sales for the first BD and it's doing good on the stalker threads so far. Doesn't look like it's failing
>>
Why are y'all pretending it's going to bomb?
>>
>>136305711
>no lolis? check. No mechs? check. No lazers shoot shoot bang bang? check. No magic or monsters? check. No whiny highschool brats running around trying to get laid? check.

But what does it have in place of those things? Nothing.
>>
>>136305711
>Why is this show so good and why will it almost certainly fail to garner an audience?
It already has good preorders and is one of the most discussed shows on Twitter.
>>
>>136307062
>>136307036
>fujoshits aren't killing the industry!
>shitty fujoshit shows won't be the norm in a few years!

Where are those people now?
>>
>>136307036
Nice.
>>
>>136307134
>supporting the industry is killing it
>>
>>136307134
>Shouwa
>Shitty
Fuck off. If you don't like Josei, don't watch them
>>
>>136307218
Are all fujoshits as retarded and illiterate as you?
You're not supporting the industry by funding cancerous fujobait, you're killing it.
>>
>>136307134
Fujoshis are tbe industry now.
>>
>gay
check
>>
>>136307269
>supporting the industry is killing it
bravo
>>
>>136305820
>>136306073
There he is.
>>
>>136307332
>fujo indsutry is good and has anything to do with the current anime industry
>>
>>136307309
>she
>>
>>136307377
Yes, and?
>>
>>136307393
>likes josei
>likes fujo

Don't try to pretend you're a man.
>>
I finished the first episode. This was really good. I look forward to watching the rest.
I'm surprised a show like this even got itself a shitposting thread though.
>>
Ignore him and report his posts. Sooner or later mods will ban him like they did yesterday.
>>
>>136307422

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>136307332
Holy fuck, why do you keep responding? Do you think your smart or clever or something? Fuck off and stop feeding the trolls, jesus christ you're better than that. Just sage and let this horrible fucking thread die.
>>
>>136307038
People too used to things they like failing.
>>
File: sugar.jpg (58KB, 291x368px) Image search: [Google]
sugar.jpg
58KB, 291x368px
>>136307422
Wow, you're right you have opened my eyes, brb, taking hormones
>>
>>136307458
Because it brings more posts to report to alert the mods.
>>
>>136307516
That just makes it harder to report shit.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.