[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a plot with more twists than the fucking Cell saga >freiza

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: best saga.png (310KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
best saga.png
310KB, 500x373px
Name a plot with more twists than the fucking Cell saga
>freiza returns to destroy planet earth
>some mysterious kid fucking reks the shit out of him and his dad
>turns out he's bulma's son and comes from the future to warn about 2 androids that will destroy the world
>goku's gonna die because of heart failure
>#19 and gero weren't the 2 androids that trunks was talking about
>there's another android alongside 17 and 18
>there's another danger beyond the three androids
>cell kills trunks, steals his time machine and comes back to the past to eat 17 and 18
>cell is arrogant as fuck and hosts his own fighter under the heavens
>gohan kicks cell's ass so hard that he pukes out 18
>goku dies for real
>gohan becomes the new protagonist
> you'll never read the Cell saga again for the first time
>>
>>136275066
Is this the first trainwreck in anime history?
>>
>>136275066
Nice dubs
>>
Does anyone else pretend they're doing the father-son kamehameha alongside Gohan and Goku while watching it or playing the games?
>>
>>136275066
>Name a plot with more twists than the fucking Cell saga
There's a reason for this. Toriyama's editor hated every direction the story was going in

"The androids are an old man and a fat guy? That's boring, change it"
"They're just a bunch of punk kids? That's lame, change it"
"What the fuck is this green thing? Too creepy, change it"
"Did you make him even uglier? My god, just put him in Perfect form already"
"There we go"
>>
>>136275229
Based editor.
>>
>>136275229
this was probably the best thing to ever happen to dragonballz then.
except when gohan was rejected as the protagonist in the end:(
>>
>>136275209
No because I don't have crippling autism, nor am I a spic.
>>
the second they brought in time travel, I knew it was going to be trash

and you left out the two biggest jokes in that arc

-vegeta permits cell to reach his final form, who is the arrogant one?
-krillin goes full beta because of a robot waifu who is definitely a murderess, and dooms humanity, why do we respect him again?
>>
Cell saga also had some of the best fights in DBZ, like Piccolo vs 17.
>>
>>136275405
>-krillin goes full beta because of a robot waifu who is definitely a murderess, and dooms humanity, why do we respect him again?
In her defense, she wasn't a killer in the main timeline. Vegeta killed more people when he fought her.
>>
>>136275229
So the editor knew how to steer the story into the right direction each time? Impressive.
>>
>>136275472
you know, that's actually right, I also liked imperfect cell vs piccolo

its like they realized they couldn't do screaming and teleporting anymore, so they had to use some creativity
>>
>>136275066
Bleach
>>
Vinland Saga

Seriously who the fuck even expected Askeladd to die ?
>>
I really don't like Cell saga. I honestly think the only good parts are the beginning with Trunks and the last fight of Gohan vs. Cell

Everything in between is kind of bland. It's one big power-up/jobberfest after another and characters do retarded things, namely Vegeta, to justify the arc happening. Also, there's like three different times Cell could have been taken out.
>>
>>136275066
>>gohan becomes the new protagonist
if only
>>
Dragon Ball handled time travel way better than most fiction. Lots of stories try to say that time travel is dangerous and shouldn't be used lightly, but very few actually demonstrate it. Having a time traveler show up is one thing, but having that time traveler actually succeed, return to his own time, get killed and have his time machine stolen by a monster is just ridiculous. And the entire thing happened off-panel.
>>
Best saga.
>>
File: 066.jpg (390KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
066.jpg
390KB, 1024x1536px
>>136275776
The heroes failed to destroy Cell because of poor decisions, then Cell failed to destroy the heroes because of poor decisions. It was sort of a recurring theme. The whole point of Cell as a villain was that he was exactly the same as the heroes. The tactics that Imperfect Cell used were identical to the ones Krillin used on Namek. Cell made the same mistake against Gohan that Vegeta made against him. He even had the same aura and techniques as Goku.
>>
>>136275955
I dont get it, if timetravelling Trunks got killed which Trunks is coming back to the timeline with Goku surviving?
>>
File: 247.jpg (217KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
247.jpg
217KB, 1024x1536px
I think it's amazing that Toriyama made such a complicated and engaging plot with almost no planning. He would never admit it, but he's a really talented writer.
>>
>>136276345
The Trunks that got killed was the future of Future Trunk's timeline. A timeline where he found a way to beat the Androids (probably the detonator) and took care of the Androids in his timeline but was never made aware of Cell.
>>
>>136276447
And then the cell from that timeline came back to the past and hosted the tournament etc.?So there is one timeline that has no androids, no cell and no trunks?
>>
>>136276345
It's the same Trunks. Cell went back in time further than Trunks did, so both ended up in the same timeline. Imagine that Cell traveling back in time split the timeline, and then Trunks traveled to both timelines simultaneously.
>>
>>136276430
>Dragon Ball
>Complicated on any fundamental level
>>
>>136276514
And then Trunks travelled to the time before he was killed?
Timetravelling not even once.
>>
>>136275066
>goku dies
dropped
>>
>>136276503
Yeah, exactly. In the timeline Future Trunks went back to, Cell was still there.
>>
>>136276584
Think of it this way:

Route 1: Goku dies because of heart disease, Androids kill everyone except Bulma and Trunks, this leads to the Future Trunks Timeline

Route 2: Trunks visits the past and between traveling the past and his own timeline, he figures out a way to destroy the Androids. This route ends with Cell killing Trunks and travelling back.

Route 3: Both Trunks and Cell visit the past. This creates the scenario in the Cell Saga.
>>
>>136275066
It was basically the fucking terminator movie, time travel and all, you dumbfucks.
>>
>>136275229
>>136275300
>>136275328
>>136275560
Akira Toriyama: You’re terrible to say that, Torishima-san. Right around then was when the Androids No. 19 and No. 20 appeared. You weren’t my editor or anything anymore, but you specifically called me to say “I thought that the enemies had finally come, but aren’t these just a geezer and a fatso?” (laughs) In truth, I hadn’t had plans for anyone but No. 19 and No. 20 to appear. But there was no helping it, so I brought out No. 17 and No. 18. Then you called me up and said “What, this time it’s just some brats?” So I brought out Cell. (laughs)

Fuyuto Takeda: So you hadn’t planned on Cell appearing at all?

Akira Toriyama: That’s right. I liked No. 19 and No. 20 just fine. And I liked the initial Cell fine as well.

Fuyuto Takeda: The bug-like one?

Akira Toriyama: But Kondō-san said “He looks ugly. Of course, he can transform.”, so I had no choice but to transform him into his second-form.

Yū Kondō: Was that how it was?

Akira Toriyama: And then you were really awful, Kondō-san. “This time he looks like a moron, doesn’t he? Hurry up and make him into his perfect-form.” you said.

Yū Kondō: But he really did look like a moron. (laughs)

Akira Toriyama: With second-form Cell as well, I liked him well enough. Actually, I had wanted him to play a more active role. But since I was told he looked stupid, I had no choice but to change him. (laughs) So I made him into his cool-looking perfect form, which was to Kondō-san‘s liking.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z timeline 2.png (33KB, 1493x697px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z timeline 2.png
33KB, 1493x697px
>>136276345
1 million years in paint

I hope this makes sense
>>
>>136276447
Yeah, and he never trained with vegeta in the hyperbolic time chamber in that timeline so he wasn't strong enough to deal with cell.

Lol headcanon.
>>
>>136275558
That poor truck driver
>>
>>136276430
>He would never admit it, but he's a really talented writer.
Don't know about that, but he definitely knows how to entertain.
>>
>>136277450
>Hating on C17 and C18
Motherfucker
>>
>>136276588
He comes back
>>
>>136275736
Since he died like a boss I accepted it
>>
File: 1386030463882.jpg (34KB, 275x295px) Image search: [Google]
1386030463882.jpg
34KB, 275x295px
>>136275229
>Imperfect Cell was already the perfect villain
>'HURR DURR CHANGE IT TOO CREEPY'

Th-thanks editor
>>
>>136275558
>In her defense, she wasn't a killer in the main timeline
I really wonder what was different. The Mirai androids were fucking brutal and hated humanity pretty much because of Gero.
>>
File: 1392172438024.png (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1392172438024.png
26KB, 400x400px
>>136275066
Watching cell saga for the first time around 12-13 had gotten me pretty comfused after one point, mostly because how shitty the first funi dub was
>>
>>136276430
Toriyama with Jackie Chan

>Then we asked how he approaches making his films, to which he replied, “I try to make them without thinking too hard.”—That’s exactly how I try to make my manga!! What a surprise!!”
>>
did anyone miss the signs that gohan was going to beat cell when they watched it growing up? I feel so dumb that I didn't pick up on it
>>
>>136280119
>I really wonder what was different.
Goku was dead in that timeline before they were activated so they had nothing else to do.
>>
>>136280119
Butterfly effect maybe? In one timeline, Gero just went with 17 and 18 and they were both weaker and more malicious. And in another, with just the change of who fought Frieza (and Gero seemed unaware of him or anything that happened on Namek) they ended up stronger but still more humane, and Gero decided against using them.
>>
>>136280119
When Gero activated them he said they had problems before and he modified them to try to fix them. Presumably in the future timeline he had more time to modify them to make them more controllable so he made them weaker and more evil, but they still killed him.
>>
File: 1339070339733.jpg (53KB, 370x594px) Image search: [Google]
1339070339733.jpg
53KB, 370x594px
>>136275066
>>goku dies for real
>>
>>136275066
The saiyan saga
>holy shit goku had a kid
>holy shit he's A FUCKIN ALIEN
>IT'S HIS BROTHER
>GOKU FUCKING DIES
>PICCOLO FUCKING TRAINS GOHAN
>THERE'S TWO MORE MONKEY ALIENS
>EVERYONE FUCKIN DIES
>IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND
>YAJIROBE SAVES THE UNIVERSE
>THERE ARE SPACE DRAGON BALLS
>PICCOLO HAS FUCKIN BROTHERS
>CHICHI DOESN'T MIND IF GOHAN GOES TO A PLANET WITH ALIENS WHO WANT TO KILL THEM
>>
File: do it for perfect cell.png (640KB, 1019x724px) Image search: [Google]
do it for perfect cell.png
640KB, 1019x724px
>>136275066
Perfect
>>
>>136275066

P is for Priceless, the look upon your faces...
>>
>>136282322

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5Rhn8zuPA
>>
>>136284614
E is for Extinction. All your puny races.
>>
>>136282657
>Perfect

Truely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw
>>
>>136277450
...Wait a second. How did Android 16 fit in all this then?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.