[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>[HorribleSubs] Nurse Witch Komugi-chan...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 60
>[HorribleSubs] Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R - 02 [720p].mkv
>>
>>136216634
I see everybody dropped this already.
>>
>>136216634
So, how is it? Better than last week, worse, about the same?
>>
no moi moi

no watch
>>
I rewatched the old OVAs and am now going to watch the first two episodes of this.

It's shit, isn't it?
>>
>>136217081
Slightly better, I think.
>>
I like it and I'm going to watch it later.
>>
>>136217070
Not me.
>>
>>136217107
Its great, its just different from the OVAs and people were disappointed.
>>
>>136217107
It's everything the ova made fun of with a shit voice actress.
>>
New to the series here.
Is this just a regular magical girl show?
I never saw the original but the screens made it seem like it didn't take itself too seriously, where as first episode of the new show played itself 100% straight.
>>
It doesn't compare to the original OVAs, but I'm still enjoying it, this episode was also a bit better than the first one.

Compared to the OVAs, it feels a lot less an actual parody of Mahou Shoujo and Idol stuff and more like they just combined Precure and Aikatsu, but aimed at otaku instead of little girls.
>>
>>136217229
Well shit.

Horrible CGI included?
>>
>>136217229
>shit voice actress.
They changed everyone?

No more "de gozaimasu desu wa" then?
>>
Can anyone translate lyrics to the OP?
>>
>>136217268
Horrible cgi dancing yes.
>>
>>136217233
More or less. Komugi was a parody of magical girl shows, this TV series is... an actual TV series.
>>
>>136217268
the CG is there, but its actually really, really good.
Doesn't beat hand drawn, but still probably the best CG I've ever seen to come out of anime in recent memory.
>>
>>136217259
In this case it's better not to compare at all and treat this as an independent piece whose only resemblance to the old OVA is the name.

>>136217389
Someone hasn't watched Etotama.
>>
>>136217423
>Someone hasn't watched Etotama.
I did. Actually. I haven't watched the higher fps versions of it though.
>>
So does she show up a lot?

Was her VA changed?
>>
>>136217502
She stars in this episode.

Yes, the VA did change.
>>
>>136217107
It's a hit or a miss magical girl show. As long as people stop treating it like a sequel and more of a spinoff, it's perfectly watchable.
>>
>>136217423
Just like how Nurse Witch is nothing like Soul Taker and people simply treat it as a humorous spinoff? It's the same thing, but done in reverse so I don't really get the 'it's not the same' complaint.
>>
>>136217423
Yeah, the best thing is to just treat it independently, since it's exactly the type of show I like even if it is so different from what I was expecting.

>>136217389
This season especially I've noticed way too many shows are using CG, but the CG here is at least tolerable.
>>
>>136217665
Is soul taker worth watching?
>>
>>136217779
Not really. Though it's nice if you want to see some older Shinbo shows
>>
File: Nurse Witch.webm (664 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nurse Witch.webm
664 KB, 1280x720
>all that skirt twirling
my dick
>>
>>136217779
It's incredibly unpolished. The potential is there, but it's like they took every 80's cliché and just cram it into this show, including the art style. I mean, the story is sound, the characters are likeable, and holy shit, you feel incredibly sorry for the MC for all the shit he's been through, but there's just no focus, battles just spontaneously happen and the story makes no sense if you actually try to think it out. (Just turn your brain off and accept the plot as it presents itself to you.) You don't really need to watch it other than for completion's sake.
>>
This is really painful to watch, they should have made a new IP.
>>
>>136219595
The minute I saw she had a family in the first 3 minutes I knew this was going to be a disappointment
>>
>>136216634
Never saw the original ova, how is it?
>>
Fucking truck strikes again.
>>
>>136219710
Very fun.
>>
>>136218227
Make her transformation webm
>>
>>
>>136219710
It was directed by Takemoto
>>
>>136219710
It was silly but a lot of fun.
>>
>>136219993
Muh.
>>
>>136219710
A great parody of magical girl anime.

So the exact opposite of this.
>>
>>136219710
Just watched it for the first time yesterday, and the Z ovas today.

It's honestly great, with some meh moments. First episode takes some time to get fun
>>
File: 14 years old.webm (664 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
14 years old.webm
664 KB, 1280x720
>>136219993
Diggin' the jigglin'.
>>
Suddenly cgi dance and singing.I thought this was a traffic safety event.
>>
They're going to reboot this next season as a grimdark ninja series where Shinobu has to comes to terms with murdering people.
>>
>>136220205
Well, her bra was stolen.
>>
>>136220542
This guy is pretty much a stalker by his description.My fucking sides.
>>
How is this parody? Is it satirizing shitty anime by being shitty itself?

Maybe anime is just getting way too meta for me.
>>
>>
File: 160117055251.jpg (162 KB, 972x877) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
160117055251.jpg
162 KB, 972x877
>>
>>136220214
Aidoru must sing and dance at any place and time.
>>
>>136220289
Ninja nonsense was Ufotable, not Tatsunoko
>>
I only wish the original OVAs had been a tad more ecchi
>>
>>136221239
Wish this show was ecchi itself.
>>
>>136220829
Expecting a Tatsunoko reboot to be the same as the original is retarded
I mean, Gatchaman was an actual superhero show, not about politics
I think, in a way, this is a better reboot than CROWDS.
I mean, the characters and magical girl stuff is still there, even if it's no longer a parody.
As good as it may be by itself, you have to admit CROWDS is a Gatchaman show in name only.
The outfits aren't themed after birds
There's no mention of the people of the original cast (just some totally different characters with the same names)
How is CROWDS a Gatchaman show?
>>
>>136221582
Stop with the enters. Don't forget your punctuation.
>>
Stitchbro where? Need more stitches.
>>
>>136221395
>all the flat jokes
>no flat service
>>
http://a.pomf.cat/qlaudq.webm
audio version
>>
First half was terrible and I was prepared to drop it.
Towards the end it got better and I was getting hopeful.
Will it be suffering like this every episode?
>>
You know realize that the x on its bottom is its asshole.
>>
>>136222529
Just watch Kokona's episodes I guess.
>>
>>136222529
It was horrible because she's not the villain.
>>
>>136222529
Just stop expecting it to be like the original OVA. Seriously, it's a magical girl/idol anime. Just enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>136222919
>Call it Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
>Stop trying to relate it to Nurse Witch Komugi-chan!

Fuck you
>>
>>136222568
That's it's stomach, anon. It's asshole should be just below the tail.
>>
>>136222952
That's like saying I should hate the original Nurse Witch because it wasn't an edgy post-apocalyptic anime. Stop being a retard here.
>>
>>
>>136223019
No anon you stop being a retard, this isn't some spin off, it's perfectly fair to compare it to the original.

I understand what you're getting at with trying to judge it by its own merits but if the show is trying to remake something that was done previously and fails obviously people are going to complain. All the spirit from this is gone, it's actually just a magical girl anime. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>136223019
Soul taker had a completely different name tho
>>
>>136222952
>Call it Gatchaman Crowds
>Stop trying to relatie it to Science Team Gatchaman
>Call it Casshern Sins
>Stop trying to relate it to Robot Hunter Casshern!
>Call it Yatterman Night
>Stop trying to relate it to Yatterman!
If it could be done with all those shows, why not this?
>>
If they keep up the comedy, I won't be so mad.
>>
The original OVA is one of my favorite anime of all time ever.

This? This is shit. And the worst part is that it became literally everything that the OVA was created to make fun of and it doesn't even have the original VAs in the right roles. They can cast Momoi but not as Mugi? Why the fuck not?

I knew from the moment it was announced it was going to be like this. It's bad enough that they pick popular shows that were good and then shit on them, now they're cherrypicking more obscure shows to rape them one last time. I'm pretty sure most of the people watching anime today don't even remember Komugi, it's not like there's any nostalgiabucks to be made.

What next? Are they going to take Nuku Nuku and revive it into some shit idol drama? Maybe they'll get Galaxy Angel, strip out the comedy and turn it into a serious magical girl show.

tl;dr I mad
>>
>>136223165
>>136223190
The original OVA had the same exact cast and their respective name of the original series. That is way more of a reason to complain about the original OVA than just only the similar title that this spinoff has. That's like saying Final Fantasy is crap beyond the original because it has the same fucking title. Again, stop being a retard.
>>
>>136224325
This is a remake though, a shit one at that.

If a final fantasy game were to be remade you'd compare it to the original. Final fantasy 2 is actually a different thing than Final Fantasy 1, at least I think.

And if this was supposed to be its own seperate thing they didn't NEED to put Komugi in. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>136224325

So what you're saying is that people aren't allowed to compare anime? That's pretty much the point of anime anime discussion board, so can you please justify yourself immediately?
>>
>>136224421
Again, how is Final Fantasy example any different from this one? Why the hell are you so insistent that just because it borrows the name, that it has to be completely the same. Hell, if you want to nit-picky about it, then every Gundam series beyond the first would be a travesty as well. Fumufuu should be crap compared to the original FMP, and so forth. Again, stop being a retard.
>>
File: YnY.jpg (821 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YnY.jpg
821 KB, 1280x1440
>>136224166
>>136224421
I can understand being disappointed that it wasn't like the OVAs (its a Tatsunoko remake, you should have seen this coming a long time ago anyway) but calling it shit just because its different from what you are expecting is pretty retarded desu
>>
>>136216730
Okay, I'm giving it another try.
>>
>>136224653
I'm not saying it has to be completely the same, I'm saying it's perfectly fine to compare the two. Just completely dismissing the original when you talk about this one would be dumb.

Even then, on the shows on merit it's not that good. If I were to just grade it on its own like you wanted it'd still be shit.
>>
>>136224534
You are allowed to compare anime, but saying something that shares a title isn't the same is a fault, that's what I had a problem is. Judge it on its own merit, saying 'it's not the same' is a very poor attempt at criticism, because that explains why it's different, not why it's bad.
>>
They were idols in the OVA tool.

What I miss is the sarcastic juicy humor.
>>
>>136224727
I've replied to the other anon about your point as well. See here >>136224738
If you don't like it, then say you don't like it and why. Just saying 'it's not that same as the original' is a very shallow attempt at criticism.
>>
File: 1447987314378.png (201 KB, 636x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447987314378.png
201 KB, 636x349
It's the Futari wa of our generation.
>>
>>136224814
I don't really see how that's shallow, it's a perfectly reasonable complaint.

I went in expecting Komugi and got the exact opposite. It became everything that the OVA was making fun of in the first place.
>>
>>136224852
Bullshit. Futari wa is unwatchable. A possible exception would be if it was your first introduction to the series since you wouldn't know any better. This show is watchable even if you haven't seen the OVAs.
>>
So is Crowds bad because it's totally different to Gatchaman?
Is Sins bad because it's totally different to Casshern?
Is YnY bad because it's way darker than classic Yatterman?
Is Tekkaman Blade bad because it's different from classic Tekkaman?
>>
>>136225031
Because I can apply the same thing to the original Nurse Witch as well since it's completely different from the original series Soul Taker. Are you not seeing the hypocrisy here?
>>
>>136225156
That's a spin off not a remake, how many times do I have to say that.

Unless you seriously think this isn't a remake.
>>
>>136224703

It is shit though. It's shit because it's generic, dull, unfunny. People are comparing it because the right VAs are in there, but badly casted. People compare it because the original was released at a similar point in anime history when we were oversaturated with the same old same old and it took a comedic stand against it; this doesn't. This has lots to build on, it has excellent potential to be a great parody series but completely fails.

Saying that you can't compare it because it only shares the same name is like saying you can't compare a sequel or prequel of something else. It's directly related to the franchise, of course we can compare it.

It's just like Kiddy Grade and Kiddy Girl-AND all over again. Why take a genuinely good franchise with genuinely good writing and genuinely good characters and then ruin them with generic, unfunny shit?

It's bad. Bad in comparison to the OVA and bad by its own merits. We wouldn't even be having this thread if the OVA didn't exist because it would have been thrown out even faster.
>>
>>136225031
Welcome to Tatsunoko motherfucker
They took Gatchaman and made a new show without any of the original characters (just some different characters having the names of characters from the original) , none of the characterisitic bird suits and way more social commentary.
How is that Gatchaman beyond the fucking name? Yet ,you don't see anyone (except extreme autits from /m/) make such an espectacle of it
>>
>>136225187
>>136225187
It's a reboot.
Like Casshern Sins
Like Gatchaman CROWDS
Like Tekkaman Blade
>>
>>136225156

Soul Taker was literally a different series with Komugi as a spin-off. This is a remake.

Nanoha was a spin-off of Triangle Heart but you rarely seeing people comparing them purely because they know it's a spin-off.

Let me give you an example you might understand:

Lots of people compare Fate/Stay Night (2006) to Unlimited Blade Works because it's a remake. Nobody compares Prism Illya to Fate/Stay Night because it's a spinoff.
>>
>>136225218
Parodies aren't inherently superior to what they're parodying. Not all of them are done because the guys doing the parody hate what they're parodying
>>
>>136225218
>It's shit because it's generic, dull, unfunny.
That's just your opinion, in which you are obviously just biased because it wasn't a carbon copy of the OVAs.
I've been enjoying this show more than any other show this season
The art is great, the CG is actually really good, the jokes are not slide spitting, yet still amusing. Girls are extremely cute. I enjoy the new VAs. While there is no CGDCT this season, this show is giving me my fix of cute stuff and more.
>>
>>136225306
Fair enough, but expecting some similarities other than just the main character is perfectly reasonable. And as >>136225218 said and as I've said earlier even on its own merit the show is nothing spectacular which only further disappoints. And so what we're left with is an anime without anything to discuss other than how it isn't the original. I'm all for magical girl anime but if you took out the name Komugi no one would even blink an eye at this.
>>
Complainer-kun
Why are you conveniently ignoring my posts about Casshern Sins, Yatterman Night, Gatchaman CROWDS and other Tatsunoko reboots?
No counterarguments?
Afraid to accept that you're wrong, retard?
>>
File: 1444340857066.jpg (51 KB, 277x265) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444340857066.jpg
51 KB, 277x265
>>136225487
I've never seen them anon, don't bully.
>>
>>136225426
What do you have to say about Gatchaman CROWDS, which has even less similarities to Science Team Gatchaman than this show has to Nurse Witch Komugi?
>>
>>136225187
Considering it is completely different from the original, how is it fair comparing the two, spinoff/remark moniker aside? Because that's just it, somehow being labeled a remake (despite it not being similar) instead of a spinoff is somehow justification to compare it to the original instead of on its own merit. Because do you have any idea just how many remakes there are in anime? Take a look at the post above yours for some example of why 'it's not the same' is a very bad form of criticism. Different != bad.
>>
>>136225415

The CGI is worthless in the context it's in and doesn't stand up well compared to say, Etotama.

The jokes fall flat every time, the artwork is poor and no different from anything else we've already seen. The girls are cute, but not as cute as their original counterparts.

Would you like to tell me why this isn't generic?
>>
>>136225518
Well, read some of my posts to know what CROWDS did to Gatchaman
None of the original characters
Completely different superhero suits
NOTHIG beyond the superheroes being named "Gatchamen" is related to the orignal
It has social commentary out of nowhere
Or Yatterman Night
Original Yatterman:
Funny show about two toy maker superheroes stopping the thief gang Doronbo (Who were the original team rocket)
Yatterman Night
Dark show about the far descendants of the original Doronbo living in exile and suffering while Yatterman rule the world like dictators
>>
>>136225584

It is bad though, even when compared to its counterparts.

Komugi-chan as an OVA was good compared to other OVAs and stood out as a comedy, it was a standout anime of 2002-2003. This version doesn't stack against any of its contemporaries and certainly isn't going to take home any 'Best of 2016' awards.
>>
>>136225673
>still bringing up the original like it matters with Tatsunoko reboots as seen with Yatterman Night, Casshern Sins, Gatchaman Crowds and Tekkaman Blade
You're silly
>>
>all future threads will be like this
>>
>>136225584
Different is bad if the different it's being made into is mediocre, boring, and soulless.

>>136225798
>Future threads

Nice joke
>>
>>136225673
I wouldn't say its not generic. Its not some original masterpiece that nobody has ever seen before. You can say its generic shit I like, in the same vein that people will love space politics Gundam version X just because its space politics Gundam despite it being pretty much the same thing we've seen plenty of times.
The CG does its job. The idol segments are pretty enjoyable and leagues better than something like Love Live's CG dancing. I'd have to disagree that its worse than Etotama's. I'd say its around the same. They both fully utlitize CG's strength, camerawork and consistency (when it has a good FPS, that is). I'd love to have great animated 2D idol dancing but it would just look even worse due to scheduling.
>>
>>136225837
>mediocre boring and soulless
According to your flawed perception because you can't stop comparing it with the original besides being told why that's wrong
>>
>>136226003
>>136225837

No, he's right. I've enjoyed many remakes, but this is markedly poor.
>>
>>136226003
I'm not even comparing it with the original when I say it's boring and mediocre. If I weren't comparing it to the OVA it's just mediocre trash. If I compare it with the OVA it's just straight up shit.

The point I'm making here is that if you're going to reboot something and change it at least make it watchable instead of what we've got. Remove the nametag on it and most people would not care at all about this and it'd be swept under the rug as an extremely generic magical girl show that doesn't try anything new and lacks any competency.
>>
>>136225737
And that's the issue here. Why are you so adamant about comparing the two? It is nothing remotely similar other than the title, how is comparing a nonsensical gag anime with zero plot and cohesion to a magical girl/idol anime with an ongoing plot and cohesion between the episodes, a valid form of comparison? Spinoff/remake/reboot/whatever, if it's not even similar, why is it fair to compare the two?
>>
>>136225937
>I wouldn't say its not generic. Its not some original masterpiece that nobody has ever seen before

There's a happy medium between those though, and this isn't in it.
>>
>>136226151
>It is nothing remotely similar other than the title, how is comparing a nonsensical gag anime with zero plot and cohesion to a magical girl/idol anime with an ongoing plot and cohesion between the episodes

Well that confirms it, you haven't actually watched the original, have you?
>>
File: 1451714972475.png (150 KB, 459x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451714972475.png
150 KB, 459x462
Why is everyone pretending the poorly animated and condescending OVA based on a series no one cared about, was good? If you want to be internet cool by pretending to like an 00's show with references that all go over your head, pick PPD because it's actually good.

Ironic shitty flat jokes are still shitty flat jokes, by the way.
>>
>>136226233

OK. Please tell that to the thousands of people who still enjoy it over 10 years on.
>>
>>136226329
>popularity means something is good
DB is also a show that was popular years after it aired.
Does that make it good?
Naruto is also pretty old and it also has lots of fanboys.
Is Naruto good?
>>
>>136226229
IT HAS NO PLOT! The magical girl/idol of the original was a way to poke fun at anime industry/internet subculture. There were giant transforming robots everywhere, to which they can't even say their name out loud since it's clear it came from another anime. One mecha exploded because the villain spontaneously sat on the self-destruct button. It's a gag anime, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>136226415
I don't know about DBS, but Naruto got popular because the first few chapters were actually good.
>>
>>136226415

>DBZ & Naruto

Those are huge franchises built on the nostalgia of literally millions of people all over the world with original source material and entire marketing teams behind them. Komugi is an obscure OVA meant for a then-tiny otaku market and has still stuck around.

Why did it stick around? Because it's good, funny and the characters are great - in both design and personality. The VAs did a great job and the OPs and EDs are classics.
>>
>>136226470

It does have a plot though, and just because it's a gag anime doesn't make it inferior. Galaxy Angel is better than 90% of what comes out every year and there are still threads about it on /a/ because it's great despite being a gag anime.
>>
The spice must flow.
>>
>>136226329
I could contest the numbers you just pulled from your ass, but the bigger concern is that you think 'thousands' is impressive.
>>
Look, Kokona's bra.
>>
Komugi R doesn't have KyoAni helping out like the old OVA, that's why it's worse :^).
>>
>>136226697

For an obscure OVA it is. Especially considering people still love to draw and cosplay Mugi today.
>>
>>136226906
Mugi's design stems from Watanabe Akio being a god. The OVA is incidental to that.
>>
I hope the sadist mode won't be a one-time thing and will be persistent like in the OVAs.

Also her VA seems to be a better singer than new Komugi's based on the song she sang this episode (the 3D physics were unexpectedly good in that scene, too. Those smooth cloth sways and the jiggling).
>>
>50 Shades of Magic
>>
>>136224166
Nukunuku already got rebooted as a more serious series. Reboot Nukunuku didn't even have a cat brain, she was created from the daughter of her creator. On the flip side, the reboot had the best OP of all the iterations.
>>
File: 2006-08-17-30191.gif (161 KB, 373x481) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2006-08-17-30191.gif
161 KB, 373x481
>>136227004

I was about to mention that. Akio's Poyoyon designs are god-tier. This remake was practically out for the count when they decided to stick with the generic 2010 style instead.

Also, I really feel like the new VA is trying hard to be Halko but can't quite hit the mark, it's like her voice literally struggles to hit the same tones.

How to improve the series:

-Give Halko her old role back
-Get Akio's Poyoyon style back, including the character designs
-Stop turning Komugi into a generic genki lead and keep her old personality quirks
-Ramp up the parodies
-Get the old sense of humor back
-Don't waste time on the tired idol trope, keep Komugi as a wannabe cosplayer instead.
-Momoi/ULTRA-PRISM collaboration for the OP, or just outright bring UNDER17 back to do the OP/ED

If they did this, it'd probably be the most exciting anime in years for me. A 10/10 watch.
>>
>>136226665
I didn't say it was inferior, I said it had no plot. Just because it's a gag anime doesn't mean it's bad. I liked the original, but I'm also not retarded enough to compared that to this one. I never even said I liked this new version more than the old version, I have my own criticism of the show, but saying it's not the same as the original is, simply put, not a very fair form of comparison.
>>
>>136227323
>generic 2010 style instead
What 2010?
>>
>>136227323
Koyoris tits need to be made giant again and that'll give this show a point extra.
>>
>>136227399

It does have a plot though. It literally has a plot, I don't know why you think it doesn't.

You can compare any anime to any anime. Hunter x Hunter and Naruto are completely different shows, but people still compare them. The whole point of discussion is comparison; when you say a show is good or bad you're making subconcious comparisons.

There's nothing unfair about comparing it at all and the comparisons people have made have all been valid - The VAs, the character designs, the character personalities, the OP/ED etc etc.
>>
>>136227323
New Komugi isn't completely generic. She didn't want to be a magical girl initially and only became one after Usa-P took advantage of her, and this episode she wanted to eat her lunch before going to fight the monster. The Poyoyon thing is debatable due to the changes in Akio Watanabe's art style, but it still feels like his style. Hell, the outfit on the new antagonist in the OP is Poyoyon as fuck. It certainly would have been much better if he was directly doing the animation designs, though, Grisaia looked great and his Monogatari work is still top-tier. Etotama had the same issue, the designs were clearly Watanabe but due to the readaptation by another artist they weren't quite as good as they could have been.
>>
>>136219993
>>136220205
>>136220390
Muh dick.
>>
So where can I get the original show?
The torrents on Bakabt are dead.
>>
>>136227802
>The torrents on Bakabt are dead.

No they aren't.
>>
>>136227553
It's less of the actual comparison I'm speaking against, it's the 'it's not the same' argument that I'm trying to dismiss. Something different doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. So, it's less reliant on gags and lambasting the anime/otaku, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I judge things on its own merit, not on how different it is from its predecessor. It's not good, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

And the plot is utterly meaningless whose sole purpose is to introduce virus monsters to lambast the industry and to combine transforming robots, which have absolutely nothing to do with being Nurse Witch. Seriously, it has no plot, it's a gag itself to provide scenarios for even more gags. Don't make Nurse Witch any deeper than what it actually is. A gag anime.
>>
>>136227718
> The moon has clock hands embedded in it
Holy shit, I didn't even notice that while watching.
>>
>>136227971
And as much as the OVA lambasted anime/otaku, it was also directed squarely at that audience.
>>
>>136227802
> original
The OVAs or SoulTaker?
>>
>>136228023
Well yeah. Original just laughed at the industry as a whole while this one just pokes fun at it as it does its own thing. Hence why I try not to compare the two too much, they were created for different purposes and audiences after all.
>>
>>136227971

That's still a plot, just because you think it's silly doesn't mean it's not a plot.

Look at Soul Eater, that just used the manga's plot to set up something completely different. Doesn't mean it doesn't have a plot.

If you compare the individual elements of Komugi OVA to Komugi R the results are the same - the voice acting of the original is better. The character designs of the original are better. The music is better, the comedy is better.

>>136227718

'Usa-P' (Mugimaru) used Komugi in the original too.

I'm very much under the impression that the people trying to defend R haven't actually seen the originals at all and are just relying on MAL synopsis to tell them what they need to know.
>>
>>136226685
Underrated post.
>>
>>136228860
I read "Soul Eater" as "Soul Taker" at first and wondered what the hell you were talking about.
>>
>>136228860
>>'Usa-P' (Mugimaru) used Komugi in the original too.
Well yeah, but how does that affect the point being made about new Komugi not being a fully "generic genki girl"? To be honest, it's been years since I last watched the OVAs. I really should get on that at some point, along with a rewatch of The SoulTaker.
>>
komugi's character was alot more hilarious in the original ovas too. Seriously how can anyone actually like this version's komugi, she's just not funny at all.
>>
>>136229234

Because originally Mugi was the complete opposite of that and used Mugimaru to further her cosplaying career.

Mugi was originally sadistic and conniving, she actually had some depth before she became a magical nurse. The new Mugi is just generic, the same sort of trope we've seen hundreds of times before.
>>
>>136229369

As said before, the people defending R haven't actually watched the original, they're just pretending they do.

Remember when Kiddy Girl-AND came out? Most people who watched it had never seen Kiddy Grade and got all defensive when people who had watched Kiddy Grade were annoyed and disappointed. They didn't like the idea that someone was disliking something they liked.

A few months later, the series ended and everyone watched Kiddy Grade anyway. Quickly after the common zeitgeist on the boards became 'Wow Kiddy Girl-AND is a disappointment'.

It happens constantly every time a series gets remade. People who haven't watched the original get defensive that what they like could be inferior and pretend that they've seen the original without realizing they're making comments that prove how obvious it is that they haven't seen it at all.
>>
>>136228860
And why exactly are you so insistent on comparing the two? If the comedy in the new one is bad, then just say so. As it had already been mentioned multiple times, the two aren't similar. The two are created for entirely different purpose and for entirely different audience. The original used the idol and magical girl 'plot' to laugh at it, the new one plays it straight. Treat it as a new entity that simply homages the old series, why is there even a need for comparison? Keep repeating that it's a remark/reboot/spinoff/whatever doesn't make it any less logical to keep comparing the two very noticeable different series.
>>
>make a Komugi-chan anime
>without Halko voicing Komugi
Literally for what purpose.
>>
>>136229622
The original Kiddy Grade wasn't even that good, anon. The new one sucks a lot more, but the original series wasn't anything special.
>>
>>136229369
She's more endearing than hilarious.
Her being an idol at her local supermarket was the cutest shit I've seen all year.
>>
>>136227846
Not that Anon but I'm also having issues with the bakabt torrents. They clearly have seeds but it's definitely not downloading. Is it because I'm using bit torrent?
>>
>>136229887
https://bakabt.me/whitelist.php
>>
File: moe 23945 sample.jpg (464 KB, 1400x920) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
moe 23945 sample.jpg
464 KB, 1400x920
>>136229622
I never did finish Girl-AND because it felt like it lost track of itself in the second half, but the only complaints I remember back when it was airing were regarding the lack of Eclair and Lumiere and the fact that Ascoeur's design was completely changed between the pilot video and the actual show (admittedly, her original design probably wouldn't have worked with her personality in the TV version, and she certainly was cute, but I still feel that her original design was superior). Did they ever reveal what happened to Eclipse? My intuition was that she'd been able to body-transfer and became D-air, but that was more of a random guess based on D-air's powers than anything else.
>>
>>136229952
> LimeWire
Wait, what? I thought that had its own file-sharing network and wasn't involved with torrenting.
>>
>>136229952
Ah, thanks Anon I didn't know about that since I don't use bakabt very often.
>>
File: moe 80938 sample.jpg (539 KB, 1400x892) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
moe 80938 sample.jpg
539 KB, 1400x892
>>136229966
For comparison's sake.
>>
>>136229683

I've already told you why there's nothing wrong with comparing them.

>The original used the idol and magical girl 'plot' to laugh at it, the new one plays it straight.

Thanks for proving that you haven't seen the original. Komugi wasn't an idol, she was a cosplayer.

>Created for an entirely different purpose

Please outline the two different purposes. I'm pretty sure all anime has the same purpose - to entertain.

>Created for an entirely different audience

Please explain again. Both are made for late-night anime fans.
>>
>>136229966
>>136230076
The difference between the Kiddy Girl 2 promo pilot and Kiddy Girl-And still makes me butthurt to this day.
>>
>>136230118
Wasn't she trying to make it as an idol? I distinctly remember all the other SoulTaker girls being part of an idol agency run by that one lady from SoulTaker who was trying to use the alien to pursue her own goals.
>>
>>136230247
> all the other SoulTaker girls
Well, except for Maya, who was the goddess or whatever.
>>
>>136229966

I think it was unanimous that, for a lack of a better word, Kiddy Girl-AND was moeshit. Unfunny with tired character tropes all over the place, it felt very forced.

I think most people just like to pretend Kiddy Girl-AND never happened.
>>
I used to love magical girl series growing up. Is this one just not very good or did I just grow up?
>>
>>136230247

Komugi was already a cosplay idol, she had her own agency. The whole point is that she's struggling and hates otaku, that's kind of the funny twist that sets up the comedy for the rest of the episodes.
>>
>>136229876
No one gives a shit about endearing. They turned an awesome comedy series into a sub par idol show.
>>
>>136230317
Did you just drop it in the first half? Sure, it started off as cute girls + shapeshifting Wakamoto and hijinks, but then Geacht'er started killing people with blood-sucking roses and it actually developed a plot.
>>
>>136230373

This one is bad, there are still good magical girl series and there are still good magical girl parodies in the last few years.

The problem with Komugi-R is that it's trying to borrow too much from the original OVA while trying to make it marketable to the modern audience who don't quite understand parody shows and sharper humour.

It's failing for the same reason so many series fail - trying to hit too many targets instead of focusing on one thing and being good at it.

Also the fact that the VA casting is bad.
>>
>>136230392

My thoughts exactly. I would have liked it if it was played as a straight idol show and was actually good, but they just couldn't achieve it.
>>
>>136230462

It still felt tryhard and cliched. Anything can have a plot, that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>136230375
>hates otaku
Where was this shit from? She "hated" otaku the same as any other character in the original.

What made the original great was the slapstick comedy where every character tries to screw each other over and then whacky shit happens.

This show just turned the series into some boring idol slice of life. It only started getting funny when kokona started acting like magical maid koyori from the original.

In other words when they started going back to the style of the original ovas, which they should've just stuck with in the first place.

It just proves the new formula is boring and they should've just kept it a comedy.
>>
>>136230612

Exactly. I can't think what was gained from turning it into the same type of show we've seen over and over and yet stripping it of all its parody/comedy goodness.

It's annoying because I want to like it so much. I'm a full fan of the Komugi franchise, this could have been one of my favorite anime in years.

They had all the ingredients too to make it great, I just can't understand why they'd make it generic and ruin the opportunity to please everyone.
>>
File: 55.jpg (903 KB, 1642x2400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
55.jpg
903 KB, 1642x2400
What we should be discussing is: Why is Komugi so sexual?
>>
I hope he continues to step in for her and at the end he becomes a top idol.
>>
Poko > Pyon
>>
File: 51.jpg (743 KB, 1196x1751) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51.jpg
743 KB, 1196x1751
>>
>>136230118
But why is there a need for comparison? If its bad on its own, then just say it's bad. Saying stuff like it wasn't as funny as the original or the original had better VA is an unfair comparison.

The original was created to laugh at the magical girl/idol/otaku subculture while the new one plays it straight. Kumugi and the rest of the other idol/actress constantly debase each other and their work while lambasting the worst side of Otakus. New version has them looking at idol as a genuinely respectful profession and has each other supporting each other. The old one a gag anime, with giant transforming combining robots, biker gangs, walking memes and the MC dying and resurrection as a gag, new one seems to be playing the magical girl stuff as straight as possible, with an actual plot progression. Original was made for the people who can laugh at themselves and idols, the new one is made for idol fans. Original is a gag anime, new one is an affectionate parody. Do you honestly think the anime fanbase has not change over the decade? Old fans laugh at the idols and their fanatic fans, the new ones are those said fans.

>Komugi wasn't an idol, she was a cosplayer.
wut? I mean, seriously, did you miss all the scenes where her managers try to get her projects as an idol?
>>
>>136230897
Mugi > Poko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pyon
>>
>>136230489
> the modern audience who don't quite understand parody shows and sharper humour.
I don't quite see how audiences now are any less able to understand parody shows than audiences ten years ago. Humor hasn't changed significantly in that period of time, and there were plenty of shows from that period of time that were bad/had too many tired cliches/etc.

>>136230585
> cliched
I don't remember many shows from that time period that used lesbian kisses for power-ups. Though you'd probably consider that part of the tryhard/forced aspect, meant to appeal to the yuri audience. I also thought showing the aftermath of the overthrowing of the rich/ruling elite on some of the planets that occurred in the first series was a nice touch. Anime that involves that sort of stuff doesn't often touch on what can happen to those not responsible for but related to the oppression once the oppression is removed or how such revolutions don't magically make everything better.
>>
>>136230914
> Everybody complaining about the changes in the art style in general or how new Komugi's personality isn't as fun as old Komugi's
> Nobody mentions the loss of her braid
Seriously, guys.
>>
>>136231055
Twintails > Braids
No we can't have both.
>>
>>136231055
I did in a past thread.
Braids are a miracle of the universe.

>>136231083
What about twin braids though
>>
Took me a while to realise Komugi is literally pink Snail.
>>
>>136231165
> Pink snail
> Blue cat
> Blonde monkey
>>
>>136231104
>What about twin braids though
Twin tails almost always overrides braid. Twin braids makes it a twintails style, not a braid.
>>
>>136231201
My thoughts exactly, though blue only resembles cat from some angles, not always.
>>
>>136230897
>>136230949
posokichi > mugimaru >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pyon=poko
>>
>>136230946
>why should I compare a latter series based off an original which was much better than what the latter turned into
Are you just the dumbest motherfucker around? It's obviously going to be compared if it's not an original on it's own and based off an earlier series of the same name.
>>
>>136231352
And that's why it's so retarded. It's trying to be its own thing but people kept saying how different it is from the original, when that's the whole point. It's not trying to be a gag anime that laughs at the otakus and the anime industry, it's an affectionate parody with magical girls and idols and plays it straight. It's suppose to be different with homages to its predecessor. If it's bad on its own, then it's bad on its own. There's no need to say it's not like the original when they were never aiming for that in the first place.
>>
>>136231496
It's like trying to compare Casshern and Casshern Sins, or Gatchaman and Gatchaman Crowds, or Yatterman and Yoru no Yatterman though that last one was technically a far-future sequel to an AU where the Yatterman were eventually defeated by Dokurobey.
>>
>>136231496
You really are stupid. It's exactly because it's trying to be it's own thing WHILE BEING BASED OFF A PREVIOUS SERIES that it's being compared.

They're trying to change the formula which is exactly why it's being compared.

If it was entirely original and not based off the original komugi then no one would care to compare them.

Now stop being stupid.
>>
>>136231550
Though speaking of Sins, one of the biggest reasons I like it is the art. It got me hooked on Umakoshi designs.
>>
>>136231550
>>136231645
Oh right, and technically Sins was done mostly by Madhouse. I'm not really sure why.
>>
>>136231550
>implying no one ever botherd to compare those series
Except comparisons were obviously made between those series.
It's only natural because they're based off a previous work that people would compare them.
>>
>>136230859
Her flat chest
>>
>>136229800

It actually was pretty damn good.
>>
>>136231617
And you stop being retarded. Just because it shares a name with another series does not mean it has be exactly like that series.
>>
>>136231800
No one said it has to be exactly like the series it shares a name with.
It's because the new formula is completely shit that they're saying it should've been exactly like the series it shares a name with.
Get some reading comprehension you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>136231768
No, not really. The plot was a mess and the later half relied too much on 'twist' and deus ex machina. Character designs are amazing and the setting is interesting, but it was like a series of one plot twist to another instead of a coherent story. Not saying it was bad, but it most certain wasn't the 'GOAT' anime as some fans like to make it out to be.
>>
>>136231847
If they're doing something different, then compare it to something similar, not to its predecessor, to which it has a passing resemblance to.
>>
>>136231847
The new formula isn't completely shit, though. It's not doing anything that hasn't been done before, but it's also not terrible and does still have some potential while acknowledging the series it originated from without trying to be exactly the same. As it stands, I'll wait and see how the antagonist turns out before finalizing my opinion given the show is still in its introductory phase.

>>136231892
> deus ex machina
You mean QUANTUM.
>>
>>136231962
It's being compared to the predecessor precisely because it's trying to change the formula but all that results in is that it's inferior to it's predecessor. That's why it's being compared.

You can't expect people not to compare a new series to an old series when the new series is BASED OFF the old series.

It's exactly because it's related to the old series that isn't being compared.

This not only applies to anime but every fucking thing in general that is previously based off something else. There will ALWAYS be comparisons between new and old.
>>
>>136216634
Did they beheaded anyone yet?
>>
>>136232086
It is inferior to the old one so in relation, yes it's shit.
The first episode of the original is already more entertaining than the first 2 episodes of the new one. It's not going to get better.
>>
>>136232152
"Inferior" does not mean "shit". It means "not as good".
>>
>>136217162
Are the OVAs good?
>>
>>136232086
>I'll wait and see how the antagonist turns out
Also, it only got better when they started copying magical maid koyori, which goes to prove that they should've stuck to the original formula.
>>
>>136232186
They're fun, but even they had some wasted potential as the focus was more on the gags than anything else.
>>
>>136226685
Need blue eyes.
>>
>>136232183
>i don't know what "in relation to" means
please
>>
>>136232213
>wasted potential
>implying you would rather see some boring aspect of the idols than the gags
episode 2.5 is for you
>>
>>136232263
I wasn't talking about it in that sense. For example, more of Komugi and transformed Koyori teaming up would have been nice, but we only got a little of that in Z as I remember.
>>
>>136232089
Because they're trying to do its own thing. Other than the names and the background information, the new series is trying to not be the original. I understand why people want to compare the two, but when it is clear the new series is going to do something different, it's not a fair comparison. It's not as funny as a gag anime: ok, it was never trying to be. The VA aren't as good the old one: well no shit, it's not the same VA, you can't expect the same quality from two different people. And so forth. If I want to compare it to something, I'll compare it to another actual magical girl &/or idol show, not to something that just laughs at the premise of them. I know they share the same name, but other than that, there're nothing alike, so any attempts at comparison will automatically succeed, because, surprise surprise, they're two different shows.
>>
>>136230946
>or the original had better VA is an unfair comparison.

Why is that an unfair comparison?
>>
>>136232338
>it's trying to be different so you're not allowed to compare it
>despite it being based off a previous series of the same name
This is the dumbest fucking shit I've ever read.

If you don't want it to be compared to the old series you shouldn't have based it off the old series.
It doesn't matter if it's different or not, the fact that it has the same name and is based off the previous series is reason enough to compare it.
>>
>>136232477
They're different people. If a VA does a poor job, that's kinda the VA fault, not the anime's fault.
>>
>>136232338
>The VA aren't as good the old one: well no shit, it's not the same VA, you can't expect the same quality from two different people.

Momoi features in Komugi-R. Why wasn't she casted as Komugi when she does a better job?
>>
>>136232338
>It's not as funny as a gag anime: ok, it was never trying to be.

Both series are trying to be comedies. The OVA nailed it, the series hasn't. We can directly compare them and It's as simple as that.
>>
>>136232532
If it was trying to be the exact same thing as the old series, then you have a point. But they're not. They don't want a gag anime, they want a magical girl/idol anime. If the two series are almost nothing alike, then why am I trying so hard to compare the two? You can, but it would be a waste of time since it's obvious the two series are different from each other, since that's the point.
>>
>>136232568
It doesn't matter that they're different people, if one VA is better than another, she will get more jobs. It's not an unfair comparison. It's just difference in talent.
>>
>>136232338
>I know they share the same name, but other than that, there're nothing alike,

Except they have the same characters, share the same seiyuu, are built on the same franchise, both feature similar synopsis, share character designs, share staff. Would you like me to go on?
>>
>>136232568
That could still be the director's fault, which makes it also the anime's fault.

For all we know she could be a great VA who can't show off her skills because she's being told to imitate someone else's voice.
>>
Comparisons to the original aside, I love it when a magical girl show goes for toku-style villains. Disappointed the mooks haven't done much yet, though.
>>
>>136232752
>If the two series are almost nothing alike, then why am I trying so hard to compare the two?
Because it's based off the original. It's as simple as that.
You just refuse to accept a comparison because you just can't accept the new series being shit compared to the old one.
>>
>>136232752

It doesn't matter if they're aiming to be different series, you can still compare the parts that make them up. You can compare OPs from two completely different series, you can compare VAs from two completely different series.

You're using 'gag anime' like it's a genre. Komugi OVA might have been a parody, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still a mahou shoujo series. Comedy is comedy and both shows are trying to be comedic; one is failing and the other isn't.
>>
>>136232640
Because that would have required Tatsunoko to pay a veteran voice actor for a main role with lots of lines every episode and this also allows them to advertise the new VAs in main roles. And can Ohtani even do her Koyori voice anymore?
>>
>>136232640
Because they're not trying to recreate the original, they're trying to do its own thing. Hiring the old VA when they changed the character's design around and doing its own thing would be counter-productive to that goal.

>>136232704
And Evangelion and Gurren Lagann are both mecha shows, doesn't mean it's fair to compare the two. Made for a different purpose and different audience in mind. Original Kumugi is a gag anime, it's entire point is to make jokes and lambast the industry, the new Kumugi is an affectionate parody about magical idols and pokes fun at the industry. One can use transforming robots because the entire premise is absurd, the other one is trying to play the magical girl premise as straight as possible and will most likely not feature the Comiket building transforming into a giant robot. They're two different anime here, anon.
>>
>>136232778
New Komugi's VA just sounds inexperienced more than anything else. She does have potential, like that low "Huh?" in episode 1.
>>
>>136232752
how fucking stupid can you be seriously.
what part of "they're trying to remake the original" therefore it's being compared can you not fucking understand?

the fact that they're trying to do something different BASED OFF A PREVIOUS SERIES OF THE SAME NAME is more than enough reason to compare them.
>>
>>136232778

That's exactly what is happening. She's trying to imitate Haruko Momoi's voice and failing, yet Momoi herself is casted as Komugi's mother.

It's a complete failure in the VA department. They have Komugi's original VA in the cast yet have chosen someone else to do the job. Not only that, the person they have chosen is just trying and failing to imitate Momoi. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>136232943
you really are the dumbest mother fucker ever, just stop posting you fucking nigger

and eva and gurren are compared all the time, so go fuck yourself

your new remake is shit
>>
>>136232824
You can compare the two, but as I said already, what's the point. Of course the two are different, that's the whole point. It's not trying to be like the original OVA, so comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. No shit they're different.

>>136232914
One laughs at the concept of mahou shoujo, the other plays it straight. Yes, both features them, but they're doing completely different things with them.
>>
>>136232993
hay guy we can't compare them because they're not the same person, it's not fair :^)
>>
>>136233091
> the other plays it straight
The silly technobabble during the transformation sequences is definitely satirical, though.
>>
>>136233091
>what's the point
>hay guys why do people compare things ever?
>what's the point of comparison guise?
this is no longer about comparing the 2 series, this stupid mother fucker is asking what's the point of comparison in everything ever?

go google it you dimfuckwit
>>
>>136233091
>comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges
Apples and oranges are 2 completely different things.
The latter and former has 0 relation to each other.
Nurse witch komugi magikarte and nurse witch komugi R are not.
The latter is based on the former, it means THEY'RE RELATED.
See the difference you retard?
>>
>>136232985
Just because it shares the same name doesn't mean it's the same series. You can compare them but it's a waste of time since they aren't really anything alike.

>>136233054
That's kinda the point I was making, comparing Eva to GL is incredibly stupid since the two aren't even remotely similar other than it featuring mechas.
>>
>>136233274
>Just because it shares the same name doesn't mean it's the same series
Except it is the same series you retard. Stop spouting nonsense. >>136232765
Seriously just stop with your bullshit.
>>
>>136232943

>Hiring the old VA when they changed the character's design around and doing its own thing would be counter-productive to that goal.

They did hire the old VA though.

>And Evangelion and Gurren Lagann are both mecha shows, doesn't mean it's fair to compare the two.

Yes it does, and people do it all the time. Do you shitpost in every Madoka/Eva thread too?

You can compare lots of things; the OSTs, the OP/EDs, the character depth, the character designs, plot execution, animation quality, comedy, character authenticity, mecha design, background artwork...there's plenty to compare.

>Original Kumugi is a gag anime, it's entire point is to make jokes and lambast the industry

Stop using 'gag anime' as though it's a genre. It's not. Komugi OVA was still a mahou shoujo. You can still be a mahou shoujo whilst parodying the genre, look at Moetan or Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel.
>>
Just fucking ignore this retard >>136233274
The premise of his whole argument is "why do people compare things ever?" >>136233171

It's no longer about the series. Just stop replying to him.
>>
>>136233171
>>136233251
Not sure how many times I said it already. Of course you can compare the two, but what's the point? It wasn't trying to be a 100% recreation of the original in the first place. It's more of a fair comparison to other magical girls &/or idols than to the original. Other than the name, it's just trying to do its own thing. Judge it to other anime of its peers is a more fair comparison than to its predecessor to which it has almost nothing in common with other than the name. Again, not saying you can't, but it's a waste of time.

>>136233131
And the original features giant transforming combining robot. That's kind of a huge difference between the two.
>>
>>136233398
> Twin Angel
That didn't really parody the genre, though. It wasn't a serious show and focused mostly on the comedic elements, but it still played out most of the tropes pretty straight. And with Moetan, it was more a matter of parodying the magical sidekicks rather than the genre as a whole.
>>
>>136233555
>guise why do people make comparisons? it's a waste of time
>>
>>136233555
We've got at least ten episodes left, there's still time for a giant transforming combining robot to show up in R for whatever reason they want to come up with. Not that it needs one.
>>
>>136233398
But not in her original role. They're not trying to do the original Kumugi here.

And you can compare a lot of things, no one is saying you can't here. I'm saying it's more fair to compare two similar things. If you want to compare the new Kumugi to the old, then you can't. I'm not saying you can't. I'm saying it's more fair to the new series to compare it to other magical girl/idol series that plays it straight.
>>
>>136233716
Meant
If you want to compare the new Kumugi to the old, then you can.

But not that it matters much since I'm sure a majority of you won't read this followup correction and assume I meant the opposite.
>>
>>136233574

Kaito Tenshi parodied heavily. 'Misty Night' is a direct parody of Tuxedo Mask.

>And with Moetan, it was more a matter of parodying the magical sidekicks rather than the genre as a whole.

Could you explain this more using your knowledge of Moetan? I'd like a detailed explanation as to why it wasn't a parody of Mahou Shoujo series please.
>>
>>136233716
>>136233785

It's 'Komugi' not 'Kumugi'. Christ you're so obviously new to anime it hurts. It sounds like you haven't even watched the original OVAs.
>>
>>136233716
>But not in her original role. They're not trying to do the original Kumugi here.

Then why is Komugi-chan R's VA trying to imitate Haruko Momoi's Komugi?
>>
>>136233871
Wow, anon. Calling me out on mistyping something after I had made a followup post about mistyping something. You sure are amazing.

>>136234002
Homage.
>>
>>136233091
>comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges
>implying apples and oranges have the same name
Your analogy is completely wrong. Just because you can pull some nonsense out your ass doesn't mean it makes for a good argument.
>>
I can agree that they're trying to do something different, but the problem here is that they didn't commit to it entirely and kept too many elements from the old series.
In the end it comes out as a shitty continuation instead of something that can really stand on its own, like the other Tatsunoko reboots.

Also, the director has another show this season and the animation for both episodes was actually outsourced, so you can kind of tell how much they care.
>>
the only actual sin this anime committed is changing Komugi's hair from a godlike braid to shitty twintails
>>
>>136234268
They have to visually indicate they're not the same Komugi somehow. That's how they chose to do it.
>>
>>136233091
Come on you fucking nigger, explain apples and oranges and how it's related to the current situation. Oh wait you can't.
>>
>>136234255
> the director has another show this season
Two others, actually. PSO2 and Galko-chan.
>>
I watched the OVA dubbed first, when I found it in a bargain bin in some shitty video rental store
>>
>>136234549
(On the plus side, he seems to have plenty of experience directing comedies.)
>>
>>136230914
Why did they remove Kyousuke?
>>
>>136234187

Ctrl+F - 'kumugi'

9 results.

>Homage

So wait, she's a different VA because she's trying to be a different character, but then she's trying to imitate the old character as a 'homage'?

What kind of roundabout logic is this? You haven't thought it through at all, have you?

Have you even watched the original OVA? Please answer this and give me proof of your answer. Tell me something only someone who had watched it would know.
>>
>>136235683
Because this one isn't the SoulTaker AU that the OVA was. His equivalent seems to be the guy Tsukasa has a crush on.
>>
Everything is shit about this new remake, but oh wait it's different like apples and oranges so you can't compare them :^)
>>
>>136235715
He's just a dumbass nigger who doesn't want to admit his inferior series is shit.
He doesn't even know the difference between comparing these 2 series and comparing apples and oranges and can only repeat his broken logic when so many people already proved him wrong.
>>
>>136235971
In his defense, you don't need to bring up the old series to say this is shit.
>>
Is it really that dead?
>>
>>136236205
The whole point is they're trying to remake the original series, so it stands to say that this show is more shit than the original.
>>
This show is silly, and I like silly shows so I like it.
>>
>>136238674
Sure, you can say that.
The comparison with the old show is however not an attribute of the show itself but it's a thing in the viewer.
First lets take the show as it is without any knowledge about its heritage. It's a somehow okayish magical girl show, nothing special, nothing really horrible.
Now you take the old OVA into account, the fact that this is a remake, and you compare.
Now, without anything about the current show changing your opinion about the show worsens, you view the exact same thing under a much more negative light.
So in the end it's a pure psychological effect, a mental filter, that makes you perceive a show worse than you would have perceived it without that knowledge and comparison.
So by focusing on the comparison you lower your possible enjoyment of the show purely in your own mind. It's not that anything about the show itself changes that would make it less enjoyable to watch, it's really just in your head.
There's nothing wrong in acknowledging that the show doesn't fare well if compared to the older show, but that's a purely relative assessment, and there is no need to focus on that.
You could as well say "okay, I'll probably enjoy this more if I don't compare it to the old show all time" and then do exactly that.
Of course it's all up to you how you view and watch your anime, just do us a favor and drop the show soon, so future threads don't have to deal with so much meta-discussion anymore.
>>
>>136240462
A lot of shows seem to be using blue outlines recently.
>>
>>136240462
Will he take the role of Nurse Witch in the final episode?
>>
So is this patient zero for the cancer?
>>
This is one of the best anime of the season.
>>
>>136216634
Do I have to watch the original series first?
>>
>>136241297
No. You should watch this first.
>>
>>
>>136230247
You're right anon. Ignore people who just read a synopsis to fit in.
>>
>tried to watch the OVA
>got bored after 13 minutes
>>
>>136229622
But Kiddy Grade was mediocre and unfunny, while Kiddy Girl was at least fun.
>>
I thought the cgi looked terrible till the shitty 2d showed up. This is easily the worse show of the season, and that is saying something.
>>
>>136240359
>It's a somehow okayish magical girl show
So far it compares poorly to every season of Precure except maybe Max Heart. And those aren't spectacularly high standards. Even the 3DCG is worse than modern Precure.
>>
OVA is making fun of generic magical girls shows and idols.
Reboot is exactly the thing old OVA was making fun off.

What could possibly go wrong?

Also I have watched R before OVA without any knowledge or bias towards it. On it's own it's just bad magical girl show. It tries to make fun off other MG shows like precure or CCS, but it's more annoying than funny.
It's bad, bland and boring both on it's own and when compared to the OVA.
>>
>>136244703
It's not even trying very hard to make fun of magical girl shows. There's maybe two or three gags, and the rest is just bland.
>>
Somebody should make a 'Komugi then vs. Komugi now' image with the komugi now using CGI.
>>
Honestly I don't remember the OVAs but so far this is a so so mahou shoujo. I know it's hard to make something in the genre these days but this is going to be one of those anime you forgot you watched.
>>
>>
>>136244576
I have to admit I'm not watching many magical girl shows, especially not Precure.
I'm more into mecha magical girls than classical magical girls, so my standards aren't high to begin with.
>>
>>136217070
Everyone wants the old Komugi voice actor, not this shitty idol one.
>>
>>136247386
Not everyone cares about that.
>>
>>136248827
I haven't even watched the OVAs and I find her voice in R to be bad.
>>
>>136248857
This. I'd normally get used to it a lot faster but watching the OVAs along side this show seems like a fun idea.
>>
>>136235715
>>136236129
Amazing, I haven't even said the new series is good, and everyone assumes I've defending it because I like it. I'm saying just because it's different from the original doesn't mean it's automatically shit. Different != bad. If it's bad, then it's bad. Not sure how many times i have to repeat this because everyone keeps jumping on the comparing part and not the other half of my argument where I said being different should not be a con. As for the VA, she's uneven in her execution but saying she doesn't sound the same as the original is not a con while saying her voice doesn't fits the role does. Because there's a clear difference between the two criticism. And seriously, I have been giving out examples throughout my posts, repeatedly, while you have not. At this point, you're the one that's more likely that hasn't watched the original and just trying to start a shitstorm. But if you want, one of the support cast was not originally part of the same idol agency that Komugi belongs to. She changed in a later episode.
>>
>>136230914
>>136230859
Why couldn't they keep this design instead of the shitty one we have now.
>>
>>136250186
It is 2016. Moe has changed.
>>
>>136250186
The new designs are not bad. You just prefer the older ones.
>>
>>136250308
Find those old ones still quite moe.

>>136250392
Fair I guess, at least they kept blue pretty much the same.
>>
References
>>
>You will never be whipped by a cute and sadistic maid
Why even live?
>>
>>136252525
So you can become the cute and sadistic maid.
>>
cute
>>
Why is Kokona so fuckable?
>>
>>136254077
because you want to molest her while she's still submissive until she tips over and dominates you
>>
>Nurse Witch Komugi
>expect show about magical nurses
>it's just more fucking idols
>>
Is this some absurd comedy like excel saga? I might have to check it if it is.
>>
>>136254651
The original OVAs are, the reboot plays it more straight.
>>
>>136254522
If you want Komugi as an actual assassin nurse, watch SoulTaker.
>>
>>136254077
She's pure you fag.
>>
Is there a reason why she always raps?
>>
>>136256789
She's TK's cousin.
>>
>>136256775
As pure as sadists can be.
>>
>>136254948
Soultaker is even worse than this.
At least in R, you can see what's happening
No such luck with Soultaker 90% of the time
When you watch Soultaker, 90% of the time it's no different than staring at your monitor when it's turned off
>>
>no LET’S BEGIN でございます
DROPPED
>>
>Lovely navel

Top tier taste the guy has.
>>
File: FuckFutariWa.webm (1 MB, 853x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FuckFutariWa.webm
1 MB, 853x480
>>136225080
I watched Futari wa. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't THAT bad. The thing is it just wasn't Milky Holmes, like at all. I feel like it was worth watching so I could enjoy hem being the butt of so many jokes in that new season, which was actually much more Milky and even a bit Holmesy.
>>
>>136260697
Not him but Futari Wa may as well be the worst anime I've ever watched thanks to that shitty looped piano OST that haunts you for the whole serie alone.
Everything else was so bland and dull even an actually bad anime like a generic shonen is better because at least there you can laugh at the bad stuff. Futari wa is just dull and boring, staring at a gray wall for 2 hours would have been a better experience.

Don't get me started on that retarded and somehow still boring finale.
>>
>>136254077
>Implying you could satisfy her.
>>
>>136260697
The difference between Milky Holmes and Futari wa is so much bigger than between the OVAs and Komugi R.
>>
Middle schoolers are the best.
>>
>terrible anime adaptation
>then soultaker
>now this
Hell, Popotan cast have a terrible fate.
>>
File: SoulTaker20.jpg (16 KB, 400x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
SoulTaker20.jpg
16 KB, 400x240
>>136259292
SoulTaker is bad, but SoulTaker's Komugi is best Komugi.
>>
What did people think of Kyosuke's music video? Doesn't it go on for a bit too long?
>>
File: soultaker07.jpg (16 KB, 352x208) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
soultaker07.jpg
16 KB, 352x208
C'mon negroes, I can't the only one who likes Soultaker.

>>136265961
Is the only serous one in the middle of a comedy, so it feels longer.

Anata ga daisukirai is ma favorite tho.
>>
http://myanimelist.net/people/5724/Watanabe_Akio

> ROKKU did the fucking designs for Pretty Ryhtmn and monogatari

WHAT
>>
File: 1429807357907.jpg (724 KB, 1000x1238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429807357907.jpg
724 KB, 1000x1238
>>136266406
>being mentally challanged
>>
>>136266406
It's fucking obvious with monogatari (though he only does the anime designs, VOFAN does the originals). I didn't realize it for Pretty Rhythm until I saw pic related (though I don't really watch the show, so I probably would have noticed it earlier if I saw more of the art).
>>
>>136268071
I probably wouldn't realize it with this one if I hadn't been primed to check the mouths, for whatever reason those seem to be one of the most recognizable features of his designs even when they've been adapted by others. The eyes here don't quite match up with his usual, and this sort of blush isn't unique to his style.
>>
>>136266406
Oh, and that reminds me, he did the designs for the TWGOK anime because Wakaki requested it as a fan of his style (Wakaki even keeps a poster of Komugi on his bedroom wall, apparently).
>>
>>136217423
Etotama had chibi characters.
>>
>>136268217
Blonde mouth and nose profile, all you need to see to know it's him
>>
>>136270037
The eyebrows, too.
>>
>>136269745
Designed by QP:flapper. Watanabe only did the non-chibi designs.
>>
>>136218227
Aikatsu has lewder legshots than that (and obviously better CG).
Which reminds me, did they bring back the lewd this episode? I am seriously dropping it if they didn't.
>>
>>136240462
I did too! But then again I didn't watch the original and I'm kind of glad I didn't, because otherwise I probably wouldn't enjoy this as much as I am right now.
>>
File: 1448743404281.png (157 KB, 298x390) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448743404281.png
157 KB, 298x390
>>136270435
What kind of messed up logic is that?
At least watch the original once this show finishes airing.
Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 60
Thread DB ID: 451499



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.