[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else thinks he is a jealous hack? Couldnt break anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (8KB, 102x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 102x144px
Anyone else thinks he is a jealous hack? Couldnt break anime into the western masses, unable to resort to moe blobs and make shekels, this man is stuck in career limbo.
>>
>>136096771
>jealous hack
He's very famous and successful
>Couldnt break anime into the western masses
His works are very popular in the west
>unable to resort to moe blobs
Have you watched his movies?

Some stupid "Anime was a mistake" meme from /v/ =! Reality.
>>
If he wanted to appeal to the west, it would be something incredibly stupid. Instead, he's experimented and created pure gold. And he's too far along to worry much about his career. He'll likely be dead soon sorry to say.
>>
Nah he is just old and old people complain a lot. Normalfags love him too.
>>
>>136096771
He is one of the few japanese animation directors that´s famous even in the west. His movies are widely regarded classics. He´s also 75, how is he stuck in career limbo? What are you even talking about?
>>
He is the George Lucas of Anime
>>
>>136096771
How in the fuck can this man be a hack? I'll admit his stories haven't really caught on in a while, but you know.
>>
>>136097132
No that's Hideaki Anno.
>>
>>136097132
I think you mean Anno.
>>
He's the John K of anime, he hates everything he didn't make and is an egotistical hypocrite.
>>
>>136097132
How dare you compare him to the man who fucked up the prequels and bring us Jar Jar Binks?

You are worse then the scums of the Earth, and that's something when you are automatically a faggot for being a fellow anonymous on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>136097367
I wouldn't care if John K can get an Oscar.
I guess we'll wait until he does.
>>
>>136097110
Normalfags don't know him really. Only we are autistic enough to even think much of him
>>
>>136096771
nice post. you are being intentionally wrong about everything for shits and giggles. here's my autistic reply

>Anyone else thinks he is a jealous hack?
he basically along with takahata invented sol
he's got no need for envy

his are basically the only movies that make theaters over here and every pleb and his mother loooooooooooooooves spirited away it's so mature and deep and animation is adult after all just check out mononoke

>unable to resort to moe blobs and make shekels
he's rich and ghibli prints money if it feels like it
it's more of a thing that he doesn't have to pander for semen stained yen

>this man is stuck in career limbo
he's old and basically went through a long productive career that's winding down
>>
File: Ignorant shitpost- Disproven.jpg (269KB, 1397x917px) Image search: [Google]
Ignorant shitpost- Disproven.jpg
269KB, 1397x917px
>>136097503
>Normalfags don't know him really
>>
>>136097712
Do they really go into how he chewed out his son and how that he shittalks about otaku?
Nope. They know of Lucas. They may know of JJ Abrams. They know of Spielberg.

They don't know Miyazaki Hayao. Not like the autists here such as the OP, you and I.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 500x281px
Christ do you guys really enjoy bait this much? Holy living FUCK
>>
>>136096771
>Miyazaki

hello?
>>
>>136097953
Of coarse. What did you expect when Miyazaki decided to spell out the words to the weeb NEETS in bold letters?
>>
>>136097770
He's probably the most famous animation director alive, and you'll see thousands of people, especially women, who list Spirited Away as a favorite film. Maybe not huge Star Wars type blockbuster status, but a very well known name.
>>
>>136097953
falling for bait is a proud /a/ pastime
>>
>>136096771
He is old and retired.
>>
>>136096771
Anyone who thinks that is a deluded otaku trying to hide from the fact that a respectable, genuine artist has correctly pointed out the flaws of the anime industry.
>>
>>136097770
They likely don't know that much about Lucas, JJ Abrams or Spielberg either
>>
>>136096771
Why only his eyebrows are black?
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 790x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 790x455px
>>136098330
A westaboo shill trying to defend someone who sold out his own kind to appeal to western audiences.
>>
>>136098440
>sold out
His most successful films (Spirited Away and Mononoke) were very much Japanese.
>>
>>136098495
Sure they were... Too bad deep down they will never compete with the shittiest script of a spielberg movie.
>>
>>136098330
Which arrrre? Not being mean, just legitimately interested to know, cause I know the industry has to be broken somehow for the majority of series being so shitty and animators being treated likewise like shit.
>>
>>136098685
I was referring to Miyazaki diagnosing the industry as being "full of otaku" - he said that most anime was made by otaku for otaku.

Animators being treated like shit is probably more along the lines of the corporate attitudes in Japan.
>>
>>136098759
He problem lies with japanese culture, they dont like independence and prefer the safe route, it is why start ups are so rare over there, plus i think it smart for an industry to know it target audience.
>>
>>136096771
He's not a hack. He's actually talented. Just grumpy is all.
>>
>>136098896
I agree with that for the most part, but the anime industry in particular has become increasingly insulated.
>>
>>136098537
>Too bad deep down they will never compete with the shittiest script of a spielberg movie.
Are you comparing box office or quality? Because Charlie Kauffman isn't as famous as either and his scripts are better than most any of theirs. He won't make anywhere near the money that they do.
>>
>>136099027
It doesnt matter what you or i think as individuals, it about the masses, the masses wont give kauffman a chance if a movie has spielberg name attached to it, miyazaki would probably lose to any disney movie anyways
>>
>>136096771
He's retired.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.