[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you will about Super but GT is still shit. If Super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

Say what you will about Super but GT is still shit. If Super is the public bathroom than GT would be the Johnny On The Spot. Prove me wrong.
>>
I don't think anyone who remembers GT will defend it. The only good thing I can think to say about it is "It's Dragon Ball, technically"
>>
Super is good, though.
>>
>>136026565
I like GT more than I like Super.
Could be because I was still a kiddo when I watched GT and my standards were low to non-existent. But in retrospective I still think Super Saiyan God is shit and boring, compared to how cool Super Saiyan 4 was.
Your taste is completely subjective
>>
>>136026915
You must be mexican
>>
>>136026979
Not mexican, but a spic nonetheless.
Busted desu.
>>
>>136026915
Don't get me wrong, Super is terrible too. Both of them are completely awful in their own way. Honestly I'd lean towards saying GT is a little better, if you can ignore that literally none of it makes sense.
>>
>tfw Dragonball has been shit for longer than it has been good
It's like the Simpsons of Japan, why does quality always drop over time?
>>
>>136028297
> the Simpsons of Japan

That's pretty fitting. People only watch it because they'll watch anything they recongise the name of, but it's been wallowing in it's own filth for a VERY long time now.
>>
>>136026915

About the only thing I will agree that was better in GT is SSJ4. I'll take that over Kiaoken God.
>>
>>136026513
Best thing about GT - Goku and co are looking for Dragon Balls.
Bad thing about GT - everything else, including reason why Goku and co are looking for Balls..
>>
GT is dickrided by contrarians who think they're being special by saying GT is good because of Super. The same kind of people will probably say Super was the tightest shit once another series is released.
>>
>>136026513
GT is literally better than Super in every aspect.
>>
>>136026513
Apparently the one good thing about GT was supposed to be SSJ4, but I thought the design looked fucking stupid. Why was he so fucking hairy, why did he have bags under his eyes, what the fuck?
Even though GT was a clusterfuck, I still enjoyed the first part of it as a kid; it reminded me of Dragonball, and it was a nice change of pace.
>>
File: Goku vs Freeza 3.png (1MB, 958x672px) Image search: [Google]
Goku vs Freeza 3.png
1MB, 958x672px
>>
File: emperor sheev hikage.jpg (504KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
emperor sheev hikage.jpg
504KB, 1920x1080px
>>136029668
basically /tv/ with Star Wars Prequels and TFA.
>>
Super saiyan god super saiyan is a mouthfull.
>>
>>136030804
is murata streaming?
>>
Here's my little theory: Basically, them main reason the animation sucks is because they're essentially reanimating stuff they just animated not to long ago. When we get to the tournament arc, maybe we will see fusion reborn quality (for its time).
>>
GT was animated better, for sure. That's the only thing I can say without feeling autistic for comparing the plot of DB series.
>>
>>136032515
Did he just do a few scenes or one page?
It would probably be a waste of time overall but god damn I would love seeing him remake an entire chapter.
>>
>>136026513
Super doesnt have they pulling the main weekeness of the main chracter so he can get strong again for 6 fucking episodes
after they chase 2 space crickets for 4 episodes
>>
There's a vocal minority that now uses Super as a scapegoat to circlejerk about how GT "wasn't that bad".

Don't let them fool you though, everyone knows that even though Super is shit, GT remains the shittiest thing in Dragon Ball's history. Besides Evolution.
>>
>>136033140
>hurr most people think that GT > Super
>hurr that's not my opinion
>hurr durr they must be the minority
Kill yourself tumblr
>>
>>136033193
>most people

Who?
>>
>>136026513
Pan breasts
>>
Both are awful.
I can't even comprehend how people can enjoy any of it... I'm a huge DB fan. I know precisely all the dialogue of the manga by heart.
If your brain isn't melting when watching DB Kai or Super, your tastes are disgusting... and this is not subjective.
Except if you're 7yo.
>>
>>136033279
>Kai is awful

You lost me there.
>>
>>136033316
I meant GT... Kai is good until Buu saga
>>
>>136026632
This anon knows what's up.

Super is criminally underrated.

The F arc is kinda shit though. Just like the movie, I guess.
>>
>>136033265
>9 years old
>>
File: 1336938930173.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1336938930173.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>136033428
>Super is criminally underrated.
>RoF movie is shit
>>
>>136033518
>RoF isn't shit

ayy lmao
>>
>>136033626
>ayy lmao
Retard confirmed.
>>
>>136033279
you are missing the point. DBZ/GT/S are supposed to be mind melting garbage you watch just for the spectacle, it's one of the few series that doesn't try to be anything other than what it is.
>>
>>136026513
Both are shit, but GT is better, why? Because at that time Toei wanted to make the best Goku fanfiction. GT had cool ideas but they were used bad. Now with Super nor Toriyama or Toei care.
>>
GT gave me sexual fantasies about Pan as a teenager. Super gave me a headache from all the shit threads on /a/.

I prefer GT.
>>
I wont say it was great but I dont see what all the hate is about. It was just another Z with more of the adventure and comedy everyone says the miss from DB.
>>
>>136034910
The only episodes worth rewatching are 1, 2 and 18, the rest are worse than trash. The comedy is bad, the action is bad.
>>
Since we're still just getting through adapting the second movie, I think a better question I'd like to see people answer is do they think that Battle of Gods and Resurrection F together are bad and/or worse than GT?
>>
>>136032464
That's why its called Super Saiyan Blue
>>
>>136035604
Battle of Gods is a great film that deconstructs most of the tropes in the previous Toei films.

Resurrection F is a shameless, nostalgia-pandering cash grab that reuses every old trope in the series.

Both put together are still better than GT though.
>>
>>136035723
I'll still never get why they decided to redo the movies for Super. Obviously its a money grab but they should have just started Super after RoF.
>>
>>136035604
Movie BoG is far better than GT, easily one of my favorite movies, movie RoF is GT tier with better fighting scenes. Super BoG is an insult to the movie and worse than GT, RoF is better than BoG in the anime, but worse than GT.
>>
File: GokuSS-CellExplodeEp188.png (247KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GokuSS-CellExplodeEp188.png
247KB, 640x480px
>>136026513
it'll be interesting to see what people will say about Super years from now
>skip the first 40 episodes and watch the 2 movies instead
>>
>>136035723
When I first heard about F, I honestly thought it was a joke. I really believed someone was joking about how much DB repeats itself. I was stunned they would be THIS shameless about just repeating the "glory days" for a quick buck.
>>
>>136035914
>this
>>
So what Gt Girl do you like the most?
Bra > Bulma > Pan > Vidal > Valace > Chichi
>>
File: 63fal.jpg (47KB, 650x465px) Image search: [Google]
63fal.jpg
47KB, 650x465px
Oh, GT is shit. Don't get me wrong.

The problem is that for as crappy as GT is, Super is just as bad if not worse in some regards, mainly because they refuse to put any actual effort into it, making it look worse than GT when it tried and failed.

Not only that, people went up and down the block talking about what GT did wrong and where it failed and all the shit it messed up. But with Super, people will leap at the chance to take a bullet for it, and build a brick wall of excuses
ONLY DUMB AMERICANS THINK THAT THIS SERIES IS PUNCHING GUYS IN THE FACE
IT'S WHAT TORIYAMA WANTS
SLICE OF LIFE EPISODES
VEGETA
DB HAS NEVER BEEN CONSISTENT!
IT'S BRINGING IT BACK TO THE ROOTS OF THE SERIES, STUPID MEXICAN

Which is great and all, but that's exactly what the fuck GT was trying to do and it didn't do a good job of it. Between the two series, I feel like I'm sitting between two different fanfictions, one where the writer tried to continue the series, and one where they didn't even bother trying, and squeezed in a character that's stronger than Goku and just so happened to be related to a whole bunch of background characters and events! And he loves pudding too!

They're both not great, but I'm willing to give GT an A for effort. If that tournament arc goes as predicted (Piccolo and Buu jobbing, Vegeta and Nipples winning, Goku and other guy in FINAL BATTLE), then Super really is just phoning it in.
>>
>>136036766
The only good looking ones are Bra, Marron and 18, still all the females were allowed to have a personality. Chi Chi is actually relaxed, unlike her bitch Super's contrapart. Videl actually does things like give her opinions, help Bulma and the other to built the ship, she flies, remember how to fight as seen in her short fight with Pan and is seen excited to fight along Gohan and the others with the rest. She still has her tomboy personality.
>>
>>136036826
I hope the 'mexicans are the shonenfags' meme dies, they will love literal shit if it has Goku's face on it. Mexicans love Super.
>>
>>136036826
Agree with you with most part except for two things
1. Toriyama didn't write anything for GT
2. If you don't like Beerus then you're not even a human bean.
Beerus is the best thing about the continuation, this is not subjective, but an absolute fact of the universe
>>
>>136039193
The caps was mocking what people say about Super, not GT

And I don't like Beerus, because he hits too many "bad new character" points for him. Him being stronger than Goku is fine. Him being "catty" is fine. It's the inserting him into stories and histories to make him more relevant that gets to me.
>>
Gt looks like it at least had effort put into it
>>
The whole series is awful. Only 5-8 y/o enjoy it because they can understand what's going on, which half the time is just some idiots screaming in the air, shooting stupid lasers out of their hands and the louder they scream, the stronger they become.

Power levels are fucking stupid. Normal Frieza can blow up a planet but super evolved golden Frieza does just as much damage as he did in the beginning of the series, same thing with Goku. There's no difference but shitty hair color, enemies becoming fatter or thinner and changing color, that's all it is.
>>
>>136039643
>Normal Frieza can blow up a planet but super evolved golden Frieza does just as much damage as he did in the beginning of the series
>Hasn't seen the end of Resurrection F where Frieza destroys the earth in 0.5 seconds.
>>
GT has a much better soundtrack, better scriptwriting and direction.

While the plot of Super is more whismical and more similar to something Tori would do GT overall was the better series IMO.
>>
>>136039320
>It's the inserting him into stories and histories to make him more relevant that gets to me.
Oh, is this something thats been done in Super? Because I honestly havent watched it past the first episode
>>
>>136026513
Idk man, I think they are evenly bad. At least GT had super saiyan 4, which I like more then super saiyan god form. I do agree that the manga is way more entertaining then the anime, so maybe it has a bright future; but this freeza "saga" so far is pretty disappointing.
>>
GT was shit but the ending was fucking great and actually made me tear up a bit There's no way Super's ending could be as good even if they copied it. Not to mention GT's soundtrack and animation were God-tier(by Dragonball/Toei standards) and it really sucks that practically every other part of the series is insufferable.
>>
>>136041653
The only thing I can think of is that he was made into some legendary figure, like the Kais only greater, who just wasn't mentioned in the original series. Like how Vegeta saw him visit Planet Vegeta and treat his dad like a slave when he was a child, and Frieza heard about him (and Buu) from King Cold.
>>
>>136026565
It has my favorite OP and EDs of the franchise, and I like the basic idea of it and the aesthetic.

Otherwise yeah it's not very good.
>>
>>136026915
naw GT is fucking trash.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.